[Declined] L.A.P.D's application

All declined Applications are stored here.
Joel Miller

Re: L.A.P.D's application

Post by Joel Miller »

Spoiler!
Flath wrote:

L.A.P.D, you are trying your best to an extent that is laughable in my opinion.

Report wise, you don't mind reporting everyone as long as you think it can make your application look better, i've seen several players complaining about situations that happened ingame that are indeed bannable but it just feels like an argument to say "Look i can punish my friends to." That's not memberlike and i personally despise that type of actions. It just shows how far you would go to get accepted and emphasize a lack of common sence and empathy for others.

Moderation wise, it's just inkeeping with your mindset meaning that you'll go to any length to get accepted. It's sometimes funny and pityfull at the same time: There was that time when a cheater appeared on another server and there were two double-star members on jailbreak. You didn't blush asking us to "let you handle this" when you clearly have no powers ingame. It's just so wrong and the worst is that you don't seem to see that.

Apart from that funny incident, you didn't take into account what zaptor said about the importance of efficient moderation. It's all so fake with you. You always go to extremes when you moderate and it often leads to you creating another conflict. It's really surprising that you act that way since you want everyone to be your friend but at the same time you are just so cutting in your moderation style. It's just about having everyone take notice of you actually moderating but you don't care about the moderation process in itself, you don't even care about what the guy has to say. It's so wrong and i can't understand most of that positive feedback you get on your application when you are yourself breaking the rules both on forums and ingame. You seem so power angry to me. You crave for that authority that comes with membership but remember, you are not a member and you haven't been accepted yet so don't act like you are one.

You'll get authority when you'll get people to actually respect you for the person you are and not the person you are trying to become. Be yourself and stop that little act that you have been doing for a while, some people call it being positive but to put it bluntly, it's straight up asslicking and you won't get membership that way.

About the report style i now have to agree with Flath here. The one day u asked me to report someone for you, because it is your friend and you dont want him to be mad at you. That was really a moment for me where i thought : Did he really just ask me that? No doubts you have to report even your friends when they missbehave and that its not fun to do it but the way you do it has to be "normal" as with "strangers". Also not for every single thing that happend, use COMMON SENSE as Flath also stated.

About the case with the cheater: I have to say that you indeed called me several times to deal with them instantly instead of "handling" it by yourself, but since Flath got a point here thats also an absolute wrong way to handle with situations happening on our servers. Thats not caring for our servers and our players, thats just caring for yourself and your application. Thats not how applicants or people who care, should act.

For the moderation and beeing noticed: Hell dude, that dropped since my reply so hard. Like you gained some ppl saying yes, you can stop improving again. Since my reply you were barely moderating at my ingame time. Some several "calm down pls" but thats nothing after all. As an excuse you said I am too fast and dont let you handle the things where i actually waited sometimes to "give you the chance to take action". But as nothing came i took over again. Though i didnt see myself that your moderation causes new conflicts but i have no doubts on Flaths words on that.
I really like to talk and make fun with you but sorry, after reading Flaths post and overthinking what i just wrote here i, unfortunatly, have to change my vote: No.

EDIT: After a few discussions i go ahead and strike this post. My first reply is the one that counts.
Last edited by Joel Miller on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romeo

Post by Romeo »

@Flath about the hacker yes you are right i wanted to go report him to increase my chance of getting accepted, but then you went and banned him and i thought "why would he do that" and I kept thinking about it till I changed my mind set which made Joel Edit his reply saying " Also you call for members to deal with situations instantly to solve problems ASAP. I mention it to show your report history would actually be bigger but you prefer to solve it fast instead of claiming report over report." Which was after that situation Flath. Now I look on steam if there is a 2 star member, mysecond choice is getting a 1 star member and report or report if no one is online. Onto your second point I have lost friends already in this community, Irdc if I have to lose more in order to achieve my goal which is being a member and help out the community. You might be right about the way i moderate tho which is the last point u made i believe and also sorry flipped the first and second point.

Now @Joel I did talk to you and patrick about the harasser cause he was my friend and all of that + I did moderate him ingame and asked him to stop he continued for about 1 min after I asked him and then after I was over texting you both, joel, he stopped, so i decided to give him another chance before reporting him, I know you might have concerns here and there about if i can punish my friends and the answer is yes otherwise I wouldnt be called a "snitch" by few people for reporting their friendly "rule breaks" and also wouldnt lose any friends which i did. Everyone does mistakes and I dont think there is one member/admin in this community who hasnt harassed in his life. Lemme not get off topic, about the cheater I explained that above. Now about the moderation this is how I am people think i changed just to be a member but even if you give me the money in the whole world I wont change "I am who I am" and you can check that even after 5 month if I get a chance of being a member.

Little edit: about being fast or slow, didnt have to be that you were faster it might of been that ive been afk/busy and you moderated even if I said you were too fast I was joking. Also maybe I was alive, just like any other member I dont have a million eyes :/

Again thanks for the replies and appreciate your honesty and time!
Last edited by Romeo on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nallez

Post by Nallez »

L.A.P.D wrote:@Flath about the hacker yes you are right i wanted to go report him to increase my chance of getting accepted, but then you went and banned him and i thought "why would he do that" and I kept thinking about it till I changed my mind set which made Joel Edit his reply saying " Also you call for members to deal with situations instantly to solve problems ASAP. I mention it to show your report history would actually be bigger but you prefer to solve it fast instead of claiming report over report." Which was after that situation Flath. Now I look on steam if there is a 2 star member, mysecond choice is getting a 1 star member and report or report if no one is online. Onto your second point I have lost friends already in this community, Irdc if I have to lose more in order to achieve my goal which is being a member and help out the community. You might be right about the way i moderate tho which is the last point u made i believe and also sorry flipped the first and second point.

Now @Joel I did talk to you and patrick about the harasser cause he was my friend and all of that + I did moderate him ingame and asked him to stop he continued for about 1 min after I asked him and then after I was over texting you both, joel, he stopped, so i decided to give him another chance before reporting him, I know you might have concerns here and there about if i can punish my friends and the answer is yes otherwise I wouldnt be called a "snitch" by few people for reporting their friendly "rule breaks" and also wouldnt lose any friends which i did. Everyone does mistakes and I dont think there is one member/admin in this community who hasnt harassed in his life. Lemme not get off topic, about the cheater I explained that above. Now about the moderation this is how I am people think i changed just to be a member but even if you give me the money in the whole world I wont change "I am who I am" and you can check that even after 5 month if I get a chance of being a member.

Again thanks for the replies and appreciate your honesty and time!
If a "friend" gets mad at you for reporting, punishing him, he's not your friend.
SNap
VIP

Post by SNap »

Hello Lapd,

Let's get started with pro's;
#You are indeed active that's a +1 that's the most important thing you need for being a member.
#You are wise.
#I've seen also that you got rule knowledge, you don't break any rules in game.
#You can moderate, but don't do it to much cuz people might think different about you.
#You seem to be very posetive ingame.
#Good candidate.

I'll edit my post if i see something wrong;

Cons-
-I really can't find cons about this guy... I even tried to search on the search bar up for LAPDS reacts and stuffs but nothing to see yet. I see only positivity and lack of loyalty.
On my side of note you can have my +1 since I started back playing and this is the result in 3 days.

Goodluck Lapd

@Gotouda Aki

I understand ur point of view hes getting to much shit on... Well excuse me im sorry for that

Edited ;)
Last edited by SNap on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author SNap for the post:
Romeo

“Make your lives a masterpiece, you only get one canvas.”
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

I think there's some unfair replies towards LAPD's actions here.

In the past month-ish time, he's been told to moderate more, report more, contact members more and so on.
And now he gets complaints that he's doing it too much.
I've seen this happen with several players, several times. On one hand they're being told to do more and more and more and then on the other hand, they're being told to do less and less and less.

It's really frustrating when you're trying to achieve something, that you're constantly being told you're doing it wrong.

What I can see from LAPD's behaviour is that he's trying really hard to prove to everyone that he's capable of being a member and that he really wants to work hard for this.
I don't see him as being an asslicker or being fake, I just think it's how he comes off, because he's constantly being told to do more and less at the same time, making it confusing and frustrating for him to actually do the right thing.

If we break down the issues Flath and Joel mentioned, we can see why he did what he did.
To the cheating thing. Some members/admins tell others to report them yourself and some tell them to contact them, it's like a lose-lose for LAPD if you already have the mindset of him not doing the right thing.
Some say you have to report them so we can see that you're reporting and some say you have to contact a member/admin to deal with it.

In terms of moderating, it's the same as before. He has been told several times to moderate more and show what he's capable of more and now he's being told he does it too much and he should do it less. And I really do think there's a lot of players who already have an "image" of who he is, so any effort he does just makes him seem like an asslicker or fake and so on.

TL;DR I think the major issue with this is, that in the start of his application he's been told to do more of everything, by basically every admin, member and maybe players too.
Then during the progress of constantly being told to do more, he has done too much and now he's being told to do it less.
This has caused confusion and frustration, making him make bad decisions and do things the wrong way, just to try to please everyone and show that he's capable of being a member.
Lawliet
Friend of the Community

Post by Lawliet »

There's a huge difference between reporting cheaters when members aren't online and asking online members to NOT ban cheaters just to have more reports. The first helps keeping the servers clean. The second ,however, does not.
LAPD, there's no doubt that you have improved in so many aspects which have been already mentioned so I'm gonna get to the issues with you right away. you lack 3 major things a member should have:
1. Authority, with your age there's no surprise.
2. Common sense/logic, simply because of this:
i wanted to go report him to increase my chance of getting accepted, but then you went and banned him and i thought "why would he do that" and I kept thinking about it
I know you changed your mind at the end but something like this requires no thinking tbh.. the goal is keeping the servers clean, you asking members to not ban a cheater does not help us achieve this goal. and honestly, reporting hackers for jail applicants isn't so essential like it is for fun/zm applicants as that's all their members deal with =)))
3. Awareness of when to moderate. yeye I know everyone is telling you do this do that but in the end it all comes back to you to make the right call. We get people spamming us "DO YOUR JOB" "WARN THIS GUY" "SWITCH THAT GUY" all the time and the server would become a mess if you just do what you're being told to do without thinking. I don't expect you to know when you should use your powers and when you shouldn't if you become a member.

My vote is no I don't think you're ready yet.
These users thanked the author Lawliet for the post:
Romeo
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Declined
Although we see a lot of potentional in you, there's some skills that is not up to standard with what's required to become a member.
We think that you lack a certain level of maturity and to make your own decisions and the right decisions in a stressful situation.

For anymore information, contact me on Steam.

Return to “Declined Applications”