Why jailbreak is dead?

Moderator: J4ck

Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Re: Why jailbreak is dead?

Post by Konijn »

SNap wrote:
KaitoKid wrote:obviously there's other reasons but rn jb and chatbox have been down for a few days > no updates or fixes, why is nd dead guys !!?
True, it was down for somedays but now its up!
Chatbox was down because I moved the database to be on the same machine as jb, this has proven to have resolved the LONG delay between map changes that jb has suffered since we moved the server. I am sure that this delay - which on occasions seems like the server has crashed when it is actually just very slow to change maps will have driven away players.

JB itself and other servers on the same physical machine were down for about 24 hours due to an issue with the server payment/renewal, not "a few days". It was brought back online within 4 hours of nD (the one responsible for paying for the server) being notified. You can independently verify the duration of downtime here: https://cache.gametracker.com/images/gr ... 2870036311 - Blowing things out of proportion and sensationalism doesn't help.

Along with the fix to the slow server changes, I want to work with Xalus to bring something to jb to do while you're dead as I see this as the next major problem with jb - it is just boring as hell to sit in spec when you die. We have tried having deathmatch and /tgame-style games and this caused stability issues. This time, we are trying to start from the ground up and will make incremental patches, so the only functionality on release will be deathmatch.
These users thanked the author Konijn for the post:
Fish
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Konijn wrote:
SNap wrote:
KaitoKid wrote:obviously there's other reasons but rn jb and chatbox have been down for a few days > no updates or fixes, why is nd dead guys !!?
Chatbox was down because I moved the database to be on the same machine as jb, this has proven to have resolved the LONG delay between map changes that jb has suffered since we moved the server. I am sure that this delay - which on occasions seems like the server has crashed when it is actually just very slow to change maps will have driven away players.

JB itself and other servers on the same physical machine were down for about 24 hours due to an issue with the server payment/renewal, not "a few days". It was brought back online within 4 hours of nD (the one responsible for paying for the server) being notified. You can independently verify the duration of downtime here: https://cache.gametracker.com/images/gr ... 2870036311 - Blowing things out of proportion and sensationalism doesn't help.

Along with the fix to the slow server changes, I want to work with Xalus to bring something to jb to do while you're dead as I see this as the next major problem with jb - it is just boring as hell to sit in spec when you die. We have tried having deathmatch and /tgame-style games and this caused stability issues. This time, we are trying to start from the ground up and will make incremental patches, so the only functionality on release will be deathmatch.
Sounds great, can't wait to see it to be done and glad Xalus(Bot) again is willing to helpout as well. Keep it up like that!!!
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
KaitoKid
VIP

Post by KaitoKid »

Konijn wrote:
SNap wrote:
Blowing things out of proportion and sensationalism doesn't help.

oh mb I saw jb was down '2 days in a row' (24 hrs) and so was chatbox thought the two were linked. sensationalism uno relax there cowboy no one's leading a propaganda war against a community averaging 10 players
These users thanked the author KaitoKid for the post:
Aash
STEAM_0:0:51774830
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Konijn wrote:
Spoiler!
SNap wrote:

Glad to see you working towards improving the community Ko9.

Indeed, one of the things that drives everybody away is having to sit in spec while dead. Doing something about this might increase the time players spend on the server.
S.W.A.T

Post by S.W.A.T »

Cruxell wrote:
Konijn wrote:
Spoiler!
SNap wrote:

Glad to see you working towards improving the community Ko9.

Indeed, one of the things that drives everybody away is having to sit in spec while dead. Doing something about this might increase the time players spend on the server.
I requested /mg many times this past years but it seems to crash the servers, If this can get fixed it would be great.
" You must do the things you think you cannot do "

Eleanor Roosevelt.
Aash

Post by Aash »

Konijn wrote:
SNap wrote:

there's /ghost for a reason
EditedRhyme-Let's just be the friends and family we are.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Aash wrote:
Konijn wrote:
SNap wrote:

Yes, to try and combat the issue i described with being in spec/dead. However ghost is very limited and there are only so many times you can repeat the same map games on your own before you get bored. Deathmatch is PvP so one your experience is not always going to be the same, sometimes you will go vs noobs others not so much and secondly, it is far more engaging to fight against another player than it is to walk around as a ghost in your own little world.
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Aash wrote:
Konijn wrote:
SNap wrote:

/ghost is hella boring
It is way more fun to fight eachother whilst you are dead and have to wait for the next round. Almost everyone likes these old classic gun fights.
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]

Return to “Jailbreak Trash”