[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

HATER

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 1 Day ends 21:00 GMT Sunday]

Post by HATER »

Mendel wrote:
@host The rules state clearly that a living zombie is required for the Necromancer skill to work. What happens if the zombie is also targetted for a kill at night? Is the zombie killed first, and if so, does the redirection fail?
Since Rainboy is the expert on Order of Actions stuff, I'll leave the final say on this one to him, but my strong impression would be that the redirection still happens (since simultaneous kills).
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

Attention Twisted Depths Players!

If you have not yet claimed to me, please click "isolate" at the top of this post, read everything I have posted, and note that including the post at the bottom of the last page, I have demonstrated some knowledge of at least 3 Major Specials. Please join the team!

I have claimed specifically that
  • Barren Frosts can kill and steal the powers of connected players with their Major Special
  • Scorching Sands can reassign all Influence with their Major Special
  • our special is not offensive in nature, we can't go on a rampage with it
  • the Desolate Falls and Retribution Specials are very powerful, but in a straight kind of fashion, hard to prepare for
  • the Retribution Major Special does not buff Zombies
Every Special on this list is missing details, some of which I would ask you to provide when you claim to me, so I can recognize you as my team-mate.

Please do so ASAP, you can contact me via forum PM or Discord. We need to coordinate, and if I die, you will be unable to contact us.

https://i.imgur.com/98ca1di.png
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

I think we should be lynching sweedy
the dude pubclaimed scorching sands
who we've all clearly established is a larger early game threat
Mendel is pretty provenly the TD
It actually seems like he wants to play a somewhat diplomatic card atm too
there is no law that says you can't ally yourself early on only to kill your allies later to clinch your victory.
Way I see it, Mendel is trying to make himself a valuable asset. Something that is easily exploitable.
Not a resource I would waste ....but that's me. :smiley:
Too high to quote other text and look smarter right now.
Short and sweet. <3
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

wertydoo wrote:I think we should be lynching sweedy
the dude pubclaimed scorching sands
who we've all clearly established is a larger early game threat
Mendel is pretty provenly the TD
It actually seems like he wants to play a somewhat diplomatic card atm too
there is no law that says you can't ally yourself early on only to kill your allies later to clinch your victory.
Way I see it, Mendel is trying to make himself a valuable asset. Something that is easily exploitable.
Not a resource I would waste ....but that's me. :smiley:
Too high to quote other text and look smarter right now.
Short and sweet. <3

Code: Select all

Patrick - 1 - Romeo
Mendel - 5 - Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, UnwaveringGrey
Fred - 1 - Cruxell
SweedyGonzales - 4 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo
No vote (self vote) - 11 - Blaze, Lawliet, Maki, Mystic, Katika VS, ARSENIC, Cap_H, AnOddGuy, WaywardVole
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Sweedy must either be the target of the lynch, or have zero votes. Nobody should be allowed to vote for Sweedy if he will not be lynched. This is because he is a Scorching Sands (2) player and they have the following passive ability:
Liquid Rage wrote:Passive – Rubbing Shoulders: Voting for another member of Scorching Sands forms a connection and subtracts Influence from the tally instead of adding it. Tallies will not report less than zero Influence.
If Sweedy isn't the lynch target, than his teammates will place votes on him just so that they can use their passive ability and form connections with him. Do not vote Sweedy unless we are certain that he will be lynched. If you do so, than we will do our best to lynch or kill you as soon as possible.
With just over 20 hours left in the game, we should promptly decide who to lynch. Once we've made the call, we should all vote for that person.
For those of you who are AFK, you better start participating and contributing. You're not the only mafia out there, we all are. There are good targets right now and possibilities have risen for strengthening your realms.
I hope to have the choice for the vote settled by next morning and than seeing everybody vote on that person, or at least changing their votes at the very last second.
Note: my vote on Fred was of a rather humorous nature, I will divert it to a more prominent candidate for the gallows by the end of the round.
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

Cruxell raises a very valid point. I forgot how the SS passive works, and that makes a huge difference on who should be the lynch target. We can always lynch Mendel tomorrow.
[Vote SweedyGonzales ]

Patrick - 1 - Romeo
Mendel - 4 - Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales
Fred - 1 - Cruxell
SweedyGonzales - 5 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey
No vote (self vote) - 9 - Blaze, Lawliet, Maki, Mystic, Katika VS, ARSENIC, Cap_H, AnOddGuy, WaywardVole
Anoddguy

Post by Anoddguy »

So basically right now we know (As much as we can in a werewolf game) that if either Mendel or Sweedy survive, Their realm will be connected.
Either
A. SS is scarier because they are harder to kill via (at least) their minor power (immune to doom/poison)
or
B. TD is scarier because the can better anticipate the end-game via their passive.

Since SS and TD both have Physicians, which can block lynches, theoretically we could see both survive and be completed.

I think utilizing that ability without guarantee that it'll be a realm-mate is risky, but we all seem to be pretty accepting that these two are who they are.

SS doesn't scare me right now, TD is more likely to have a strong major ability (in my opinion).

Patrick - 1 - Romeo
Mendel - 5 - AnOddGuy, Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales
Fred - 1 - Cruxell
SweedyGonzales - 5 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey
No vote (self vote) - 8 - Blaze, Lawliet, Maki, Mystic, Katika VS, ARSENIC, Cap_H,  WaywardVole
Lawliet
Friend of the Community

Post by Lawliet »

Alright.. finally got time to read and reply..
As said by others previously, Sweedy is probably a BF member (read his #95 (ISO #2)), he instantly claimed to be SS as soon as people pointed out the likelihood of him being BF (#110 ISO #4) and (#143 ISO #6). Either way, it honestly doesn't matter, both realms have very annoying passives I do not wanna have to deal with. TD's minor is kinda meh tbh, we should only worry about their unkown major. Though, it's a bit too early to worry about any Major specials imo. lynching Mendel can wait until next round. Sweedy is of more importance right now. As stated, both BF and SS have very annoying passives, weakening either realm should be in every other realm's favor.

[vote sweedy]

Patrick - 1 - Romeo
Fred - 1 - Cruxell
SweedyGonzales - 6 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet
No vote (self vote) - 8 - Blaze, Maki, Mystic, Katika VS, ARSENIC, Cap_H, AnOddGuy, WaywardVole
Lawliet
Friend of the Community

Post by Lawliet »

Patrick - 1 - Romeo
Mendel - 5 - Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, AnOddGuy
Fred - 1 - Cruxell
No vote (self vote) - 7 - Blaze, Maki, Mystic, Katika VS, ARSENIC, Cap_H, WaywardVole
Liquid Rage

Post by Liquid Rage »

Freddy wrote:Here's the updated code since wayward forgot to do one.
Spoiler!

Patrick - 1 - Romeo
Fred - 1 - Cruxell
SweedyGonzales - 4 - Patrick, Mendel, MMage, WaywardVole
No vote (self vote) - 10 - Blaze, Lawliet, Wertydoo, Maki, Mystic, Katika VS, ARSENIC, Cap_H, UnwaveringGrey, AnOddGuy
In general, a vote is only valid if a player posts a correctly formatted bold vote in brackets (eg, [vote X]) or a correctly formatted, correctly tallied vote list. I'd prefer players provide both, but recognize that a) some people make mistakes with the tally and should not be penalized for that alone, and b) some people are on their phones where it would be difficult to post a complete tally.

To be explicit about this, if you fail to post a bold vote and make a mistake of any kind on the tally (including not posting one) beyond perpetuating someone else's mistake, your vote is not valid. If someone does not provide one of these in the correct form, please discount the vote and do not update any later tally with it. (I know Wayward wasn't actually trying to vote, but I want to be very clear on this point)

"Mistakes" on the tally include failing to account for someone else's vote (if two people vote at the same time, the second poster should post again with the correct tally), incorrectly deleting or mirroring entries, and failing to update counts. Minor mistakes like spacing, dashes, spelling, etc. shall not invalidate the vote unless they are severe enough that it is unclear what the tally should be.

tl;dr: please post a bold tagged vote and/or a correctly updated tally when you vote. Please do not copy previous votes that did not.
Sometimes lies are more reliable than the truth.
Liquid Rage

Post by Liquid Rage »

Mendel wrote:@host The rules state clearly that a living zombie is required for the Necromancer skill to work. What happens if the zombie is also targetted for a kill at night? Is the zombie killed first, and if so, does the redirection fail?
If the zombie is alive for the application of the power during the Protection phase of the order of actions, then all kills targeting the Necromancer will be redirected to them regardless of how alive they would or wouldn't be if kills were not redirected. Beyond that, all night phase kills are resolved simultaneously, with no particular kill being attributed to someone's death but rather the whole bag of kills. So if an unprotected Defender with Armored were poisoned (immune to roleblock), doomed, hexed (by the Shaman), brutaled and nightkilled all in the same night, you would see:

X Poisoned
X Doomed
X Brutaled
X Nightkilled
X died
X was a citizen of Desolate Falls
It would be reasonable to say that X died to all four types of kill, even though any two of them would have been sufficient to kill him. The Shaman kill would not be present because it was a limited use ability which was not required to kill the target, and would thus not be used at all. (See notes section for that rule)
Sometimes lies are more reliable than the truth.
Katika VS

Post by Katika VS »

Disclaimer: I am too lazy to quote people rn, and I am tired.

Ok, I get why y'all want to kill Sweedy. They're either Frosts (Annoying all around) or Sands (Snowball). My problem with voting for Sweedy is precisely that: We don't know which realm they belong to. Mendel has been pretty consistent in their claim of Depths, and as nobody has come forward to say that they're lying I think it's pretty safe to take that at face value. Thus, it follows that Twisted Depths will feel quite safe trying to connect with Mendel, meaning that they'd have a pretty substantial early lead. Sweedy's case is much more iffy. Scorching Sands players are probably not going to risk connecting with Sweedy due to the aforementioned risk of a chilly surprise, and Frost players could go either way. What I'm getting at is that leaving Mendel alive almost guarantees a Round 2 Major Special from Twisted Depths, plus a hell of a lot of influence, and leaving Sweedy alive is, in my opinion, only a risk if they're a Frost player.

[vote mendel]
Spoiler!
Patrick - 1 - Romeo
Mendel - 6 - Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, AnOddGuy, Katika VS
Fred - 1 - Cruxell
No vote (self vote) - 7 - Blaze, Maki, Mystic, ARSENIC, Cap_H, WaywardVole

Expected LHLV: SweedyGonzales
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

I prefer voting the depths than someone potentially in my realm, while I catch up on all the posts

[vote Mendel]

Nothing personnel, kid.
Spoiler!
Patrick - 1 - Romeo
Mendel - 7 - Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, AnOddGuy, Katika VS, Maki
Fred - 1 - Cruxell
No vote (self vote) - 6 - Blaze, , Mystic, ARSENIC, Cap_H, WaywardVole

Expected LHLV: Mendel
Ultor

Post by Ultor »

Katika VS wrote:Scorching Sands players are probably not going to risk connecting with Sweedy due to the aforementioned risk of a chilly surprise
I disagree with this. The majority from TD and SS are probably voting on Sweedy with both having the same objective- saving a teammate. TD trying to prevent Mendel from being lynched (and as I mentioned in one of my posts, there is a very good chance of Mendel being a knight with the armored ability). SS obviously trying to -influence on Sweedy (and because of this, its VERY unlikely that Sweedy will be lynched).

If you are not SS or TD, do not vote on Sweedy. You will be helping the others blend in and allowing SS to gain major special by forming connections with Sweedy. Ideally, there shouldn't be anyone voting on Sweedy and anyone else apart from Mendel who is a confirmed enemy of your realm.

HOWEVER, it is very likely that SS will reach minor special every if there was no votes on Sweedy. Why? Because SS buff the merchant who becomes a Politician which allows him to use "Smoke and Mirrors every round". Smoke and Mirrors allows the merchant to "cast a secret vote which overrides their public vote and does not appear in the end of round tally." So the merchant of SS may have a vote on Mendel but at the end of the round, his REAL one will be on Sweedy and therefore forming a connection between 2 players.

Furthermore, we do not know the major and disparity of TD (and any other realms). Every realm should be balanced with equal powers that counter each other, simply classifying them as early/mid/late game should not be valid. HOWEVER, it is very obvious that TD has HUGE advantage over all the other realms. They will reach major special next round and unlock their most powerful ability. Do not trust Mendel when he says "our ability is defensive rather than offensive". Even if that was the case, it will be super hard trying to eliminate a TD player after this round since they know each other and hold assassin, knight, physician. The only other realm with this protective capability is Retribution.
Ultor

Post by Ultor »

Also dont forget to send in a nightkill with your actions

Return to “Finished Games”