[Accepted] ZeRo#1 - 2nd try

All accepted Applications are stored here.
Razor8182

Re: ZeRo#1 - 2nd try

Post by Razor8182 »

Been a long time since I actually gave my opinion in things like this, but I think I'll give it a try (currently on my phone and its hard af to type :| .)

Pros:

You are a pretty mature player in my opinion.

You are a pretty cool person to chat off topic with.

You know the rules.

You report a lot of hackers.

Your english level is fairly decent. People can atleast feel like reading what you typed.

You got a lot of sucessful reports

And nD is like drugs to you.

Cons:

The way you warn people. That is right, the way you tell people to stop doing what they are doing makes them feel offended. Even if somebody is being sarcastic and he is just joking around you will still be like : "Please, stop being offensive toward others and refrain from this habit". After you say something like that you just kill that guy's mood and make him pissed off, while he was having so much fun.

If you moderate a hacker then using that way might work, but the way you moderate harassers and racist people, provokes them into harassing a lot more and also you make them start focusing on you more.

I would just advise you to go with flow and be less strict and provokish (is that a word, razor?). And talk with harassers in a way a bit less formal and provoking. For example if there is a guy being racist and offensive to others be like : Yo, mate that ain't cool you should stop. It definately wouldn't make him do anything but it definatly won't turn him into a bomb.

My vote is Yes that is if you could fix that con up there.

EDITED : Your problem is that when you moderate someone, you are just too cold and you also tell them you will report them which provokes them even more. Being chill with these idiots is probably the wise choice to do, but not strict or cold. Also if someone is just being sarcastic af just let him be. Unless if he turns into a bomb.
Last edited by Razor8182 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Razor8182 wrote:Been a long time since I actually gave my opinion in things like this, but I think I'll give it a try (currently on my phone and its hard af to type :| .)

Pros:

You are a pretty mature player in my opinion.

You are a pretty cool person to chat off topic with.

You know the rules.

You report a lot of hackers.

Your english level is fairly decent. People can atleast feel like reading what you typed.

You got a lot of sucessful reports

And nD is like drugs to you.

Cons:

The way you warn people. That is right, the way you tell people to stop doing what they are doing makes them feel offended. Even if somebody is being sarcastic and he is just joking around you will still be like : "Please, stop being offensive toward others and refrain from this habit". After you say something like that you just kill that guy's mood and make him pissed off, while he was having so much fun.

If you moderate a hacker then using that way might work, but the way you moderate harassers and racist people, provokes them into harassing a lot more and also you make them focusing on you more.

I would just advise you to go with flow and be less strict and provokish (is that a word, razor?). And talk with harassers in a way a bit less formal and provoking. For example if there is a guy being racist and offensive to others be like : Yo, mate that ain't cool you should stop. It definately wouldn't make him do anything but it definatly won't turn him into a bomb.

My vote is Yes that is if you could fix that con up there.
Hey there Razor thank you for your reply. I will have a look in your given con and try to fix it.

One little note:
If someone is in a harassing or insulting mood I feel like I have to moderate him. You shouldn't forget his "flow" leads to the point that others probably get angry/mad too and insult/harass back. At the end both will have an unaccetable verbal fight. My opinion is that there is no need for such an attitude and should always be moderated. I try to be polite and ask them always with a simple word called "please" to stop it. You can have a look in my accepted reports if you have some doubts. I remember many times where you raged alot and started calling people (with capslock) idiot, retard or whatsoever. Do you really think I should let it go if other players get offended with such words??? This raging/insulting/harassing is in my opinion the main prob why the flow get killed inside the server. Toxic guys have a chance too to take a deep breath before letting there anger out. They can tell the oppenent to stop what they did wrong or take proofs of which happend bad. But a nice atmosphere even in IRL doesn't excist if someone insult an other one.
As said I will have a look on your mentioned con and hope I can find a better solution to fix it. Thanks again for your feedback!
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
infectedsushi

Post by infectedsushi »

Hello Zero,

What follows is addressed with sincere respect and certainly not meant to denigrate you in any means. Also bear in mind that, as anyone’s opinion, it could be biased as it’s the result from a personal observation.

1.An “exaggerated” need to get accepted and liked: you seem to avoid confrontations, nuisances and to be afraid of frustrating people. It is yet something members regularly have to cope with.

2.Maturity: far from me the idea of thinking that you could be immature by nD standards. But what is considered mature for a certain age evolves into common sense. In other words I believe there’s something wrong if you simply sum up maturity with a capacity to enforce rules and moderate a chat.

3.Experience: as you’ve probably noticed, the different points are all connected to each other for the most part. It doesn’t mean that you lack experience but rather as if you were holding it off in order to fit in in a teenager/20+ environment. Then again, I find it really refreshing to see you treat everyone in a very respectful manner without taking account of the player’s age. But being older also means you having more experience in life. I have yet to see you combine this strength with your capacity to solve an occurring issue.

4.Easily influenced: getting advice is fine and should even be encouraged. But it should always be taken with a grain of salt, understood and analysed. You seem to be blinded by your will to improve at the expense of the bigger picture.

5.Frustration vs harassment: rather than moderating every insult, keep track of a player's general behaviour and intervene in a clever way when it’s needed.

Despite my remarks I believe you’ll be a good member but you definitely have the potential to be an outstanding one. You have got my support.
These users thanked the author infectedsushi for the post:
ZeRo#1
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

infectedsushi wrote:Hello Zero,

What follows is addressed with sincere respect and certainly not meant to denigrate you in any means. Also bear in mind that, as anyone’s opinion, it could be biased as it’s the result from a personal observation.

1.An “exaggerated” need to get accepted and liked: you seem to avoid confrontations, nuisances and to be afraid of frustrating people. It is yet something members regularly have to cope with.

2.Maturity: far from me the idea of thinking that you could be immature by nD standards. But what is considered mature for a certain age evolves into common sense. In other words I believe there’s something wrong if you simply sum up maturity with a capacity to enforce rules and moderate a chat.

3.Experience: as you’ve probably noticed, the different points are all connected to each other for the most part. It doesn’t mean that you lack experience but rather as if you were holding it off in order to fit in in a teenager/20+ environment. Then again, I find it really refreshing to see you treat everyone in a very respectful manner without taking account of the player’s age. But being older also means you having more experience in life. I have yet to see you combine this strength with your capacity to solve an occurring issue.

4.Easily influenced: getting advice is fine and should even be encouraged. But it should always be taken with a grain of salt, understood and analysed. You seem to be blinded by your will to improve at the expense of the bigger picture.

5.Frustration vs harassment: rather than moderating every insult, keep track of a player general behaviour and intervene in a clever way when it’s needed.

Despite my remarks I believe you’ll be a good member but you definitely have the potential to be an outstanding one. You have got my support.
Hey Sushi thank you for your words. As I told you via steam I always appreciate your thoughts and your sight of things. Your replys have everytime something special to have a look in it and to have a work on later.
I for myself think I would never avoid confrontations or would be afraid to make a step forward if I see there is an opinion needed from a man which took a lot of life experience.
To not act like a 39 y/o man is in my opinion normal if you're between guys and gurls in the age of lets say 15-28. I think if I would all the time play like an 39 y/o many players simply wouldn't have fun with me as they have now. And like I said in my previous application I'll never lose the child in myself even if i reach the 70. Thats my way to live and have fun and hopefully stay young in my soul. If my wisely life side is needed I think I will feel it if it is nessecary.
Like everyone I'm not perfect and for sure I will make mistakes too but I'll try to fix all given cons in the best way I can do it. For sure I won't satisfy everyone that aint just not be possible since we are all different and not thinking all the same.
Once again thank you very much for your constructive reply.

One last extra note:
I really hope that all or the most replying guys/girls don't see my answers/replys as I can't take critisism. I think every single one shared his freetime with me to help me with given cons to become better in the future. So thats why I think it was necessary to give something back with sharing my opinion or to explain some of my thoughts. As i try to understand your cons/bethinking maybe you'll understand afterwards some of my ways to see the things.
Thanks you all for participating in my application and for all the time you spend in to help me.
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
Wongerz

Post by Wongerz »

Hi Zero

It looks like you've been working hard and I have to admit you have improved a lot since you first started but I still would like to see some more things come out of you.

I know that you really want to help out with the community and you care about it a lot, but like Sushi said I feel that your moderation doesn't need to be forced out as much as its needed. You have a tendency just to keep track of everyone which isn't a bad thing but moderation is choosing when the time is right to tell someone that they are doing something wrong. The perception I get is that you get triggered easily that is why you may come across as a hard moderator. This links in with handling trolls on a general basis, would you be able to handle them when you are on a server on your own?

You are applying for fun at the end of the day but I still think you have more use on the JB team than the fun team since you do meet activity requirements for both servers but you play more on the JB server and the mic thing helps a lot with moderation in JB if you used it. Your moderation with a mic would help a lot in game since it's easier sometimes just to tell through the mic then type it in the chat and plus the chat these days fly like mad so idk if they would read it in time.

For me my vote would be an extension since I want to see you change a little bit more. OT I'm sure you would be a good member but only if you are able to act on these things I've mentioned.
These users thanked the author Wongerz for the post:
ZeRo#1
Waschera

Post by Waschera »

Barely played since i left but i still feel like i need to reply to this as i'm afraid most of the admins are going to forget something important. However i'll start with some good parts first.

You have definitely improved since last time.
Your English level is much better than it was at the time of your last application.
You are better at keeping your cool when it comes to other people.
You've stopped lashing out at people when they make mistakes.

Now over to why I wrote this and to why i dont think you should be accepted now.

This application is in the wrong section. You are applying for fun yet jail is where all of your activity is, except for a few hours. You had at one point just a few days ago 170 hours on Jail and barely 20 on fun. You have never had a great activity there and you've pretty much said it yourself that this is just a way for you to get into jail at some point. Lets say we ignore your activity on jail for a second. 20 hours a month means you just get past the member activity requirement, which is not very impressive when you are applying for the Fun team.

Your explanations/excuses to why you've applied for Fun isn't very impressive either. Not having a mic would never by itself be a reason to decline someone if its the only small con an applicant has. You seem somewhat insecure and it feels like you dont think that you're ready to become a Jail member. Its weird that you are applying at all when you and everyone else knows that all you're going to do is play on Jail.

I would have voted NO on this application based on all of the above. However i'm afraid that most of the current admins are going to forget all about this and treat this as a simple Fun application when it should be handled as a Jail one.

Good luck anyways.
These users thanked the author Waschera for the post (total 2):
Majin Vegeta #BB, ZeRo#1
"If one man can create so much hate, imagine all the love we can create together!"

ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Wongerz wrote:Hi Zero

It looks like you've been working hard and I have to admit you have improved a lot since you first started but I still would like to see some more things come out of you.

I know that you really want to help out with the community and you care about it a lot, but like Sushi said I feel that your moderation doesn't need to be forced out as much as its needed. You have a tendency just to keep track of everyone which isn't a bad thing but moderation is choosing when the time is right to tell someone that they are doing something wrong. The perception I get is that you get triggered easily that is why you may come across as a hard moderator. This links in with handling trolls on a general basis, would you be able to handle them when you are on a server on your own?

You are applying for fun at the end of the day but I still think you have more use on the JB team than the fun team since you do meet activity requirements for both servers but you play more on the JB server and the mic thing helps a lot with moderation in JB if you used it. Your moderation with a mic would help a lot in game since it's easier sometimes just to tell through the mic then type it in the chat and plus the chat these days fly like mad so idk if they would read it in time.

For me my vote would be an extension since I want to see you change a little bit more. OT I'm sure you would be a good member but only if you are able to act on these things I've mentioned.
Thank you for your reply Jubia it is much appreciated. All I can say is that I feel like I have to moderate players which tend to use not so fine words or start insulting others. If I speak out of my experience I would say I had a lot of fun in different servers and almost every time if a guy/girl joined there and started being toxic to others led to the fact that the nice atmosphere dropped down. He took the attention of all which had fun inside and im sure he disturbed them with this kind of attitude. What a lot of you all not saw is that I earned many respect in the servers by moderating them and to calm them down in a constructive way. Thats why I would say better have someone who is willing to look forward by moderating rulebreakers than having a bad atmosphere. I always appreciated if a member joined and started to look whats going wrong inside and at a later time he suceeded the goal to get back to the funny and nice atmosphere.
Also about the mic thingy I definitely don't like to take names in my application but are am I wrong if I say I saw a lot members handling a server without a mic? For an example Captain Pescanova, joel Miller and so on...
I still think all look through the chat since it is part of the game, I mean like 20-24 Ts in JB can't use a mic and are in need to talk through the chat. Thats my opinion so far. But yeah i also would never deny that a mic would help out way much more and if this should be a reason to decline, ok really np then it is how it is. I also added that this prob won't excist forever bcs im working in real life on changes which allows me on a later time to buy a headset with mic.
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with me Jubia and I will try to improve on all cons you mentioned if they are possible to fix for me.
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Waschera wrote:Barely played since i left but i still feel like i need to reply to this as i'm afraid most of the admins are going to forget something important. However i'll start with some good parts first.

You have definitely improved since last time.
Your English level is much better than it was at the time of your last application.
You are better at keeping your cool when it comes to other people.
You've stopped lashing out at people when they make mistakes.

Now over to why I wrote this and to why i dont think you should be accepted now.

This application is in the wrong section. You are applying for fun yet jail is where all of your activity is, except for a few hours. You had at one point just a few days ago 170 hours on Jail and barely 20 on fun. You have never had a great activity there and you've pretty much said it yourself that this is just a way for you to get into jail at some point. Lets say we ignore your activity on jail for a second. 20 hours a month means you just get past the member activity requirement, which is not very impressive when you are applying for the Fun team.

Your explanations/excuses to why you've applied for Fun isn't very impressive either. Not having a mic would never by itself be a reason to decline someone if its the only small con an applicant has. You seem somewhat insecure and it feels like you dont think that you're ready to become a Jail member. Its weird that you are applying at all when you and everyone else knows that all you're going to do is play on Jail.

I would have voted NO on this application based on all of the above. However i'm afraid that most of the current admins are going to forget all about this and treat this as a simple Fun application when it should be handled as a Jail one.

Good luck anyways.
Hey there Waschi, yes you are right I mentioned by myself that my activity is higher in JB. Alot of reasons were there that it is how it is. A while ago I came back to nD bcs like everyone else feel it it is an outstanding community which you won't find in any other place. I came back to met all my old friends which for sure still played JB and I had a lot of funny times again with them. I had a look at the fun servers and sadly most of the times there were most of the times lets say 4-5-6 sometimes more players on. Which is very funless. Alot of times in those kind of servers many cheaters joined and also some sort of harassers. I can't count how many I got banned with the help of members/admins. But alot of times specially at the summertime which I can for sure understand no member or admin was catchable or busy with IRL things. So it was really hard to get some fun inside of those servers and I saw many left for that. I'm not a powerhungry person bcs I would still call members/admins to keep all servers clean and nice. I just felt I can help out a lot in those servers since there is no more Fun member. Some of those regulars which play often there joined JB to ask for my help. For an example Rotciv or Thyrifing. As mentioned I been admin twice for a long time and banned thousands of cheaters and did calm people down without a mic. And there were way more chaos than in these sorts of fun servers including JB which nD has. The server was minimum 12hours a day full with 32 of 32 players. And it was one which disabled the mic function. Just to tell you it was a romanian server and I didn't spoke any single romanian word but still they asked me to become an admin and believe me or not I was the only one which didn't had to make a demo. They trusted me and my experience so much and appreciated my good work alot.
My question would still be does it harm anyone if you wear a tag which is not related to the server you play at the moment? Isn't the main goal to do the best for the nD community? Doesn't all know I have no mic but still many of the regulars replied in my application and said it is no problem bcs they saw how dedicated I been and how succesfull I moderated the servers?
From many I heard how worried they are that I can't handle a server on my own or other things. But all those points is simply prejudge for me. None saw what I did in the past for a community where I had powers and I would use the power at a last instance if someone would constantly ignore all moderating or warnings.

My last words are I know how mature I can be if it is needed. I know I improved on the points which would lead to a no. I for sure let the admin decide which is the best for the comunity and if they think my help is not needed then it is ok and I'm definitely not sad since I applied for a volunteer work and not to get powers and be a big nr. I know who I am and nothin can change that fact. I offered a helping hand and its up to the admins and the opinions of the members to grab that hand or not POINT !!!
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
doeda
VIP

Post by doeda »

Waschera wrote:I would have voted NO on this application based on all of the above. However i'm afraid that most of the current admins are going to forget all about this and treat this as a simple Fun application when it should be handled as a Jail one.
Uhm excuse me for spamming this but this seems somewhat as a biased opinion tbh. You didn't really give a con except that his activity for jail is much more impressive than fun which is 170 Hours!!!! So you said it yourself mic is only a small con, what IF this was handled as a jail one, would he suddenly get more cons than applying for fun?

For me zero, you have shown more than enough that you're capable of handling the server! You moderate, you are a good CT ( one of the best atm maybe), you pay attention to whatever is happening, you are standing out of the crowd even though you don't use your mic. I think you're an exception, like serra and cuddly was -> getting accepted at 13 y/o and 12 y/o.

You are capable of being a moderator in neonDragon as a whole .

Yes for me
These users thanked the author doeda for the post:
ZeRo#1
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

doeda wrote:
Waschera wrote:I would have voted NO on this application based on all of the above. However i'm afraid that most of the current admins are going to forget all about this and treat this as a simple Fun application when it should be handled as a Jail one.
Uhm excuse me for spamming this but this seems somewhat as a biased opinion tbh. You didn't really give a con except that his activity for jail is much more impressive than fun which is 170 Hours!!!! So you said it yourself mic is only a small con, what IF this was handled as a jail one, would he suddenly get more cons than applying for fun?

For me zero, you have shown more than enough that you're capable of handling the server! You moderate, you are a good CT ( one of the best atm maybe), you pay attention to whatever is happening, you are standing out of the crowd even though you don't use your mic. I think you're an exception, like serra and cuddly was -> getting accepted at 13 y/o and 12 y/o.

You are capable of being a moderator in neonDragon as a whole .

Yes for me
Thank you for your friendly reply. Waschera isn't wrong with all but some of his opinions i can't share too. Wel we all have different vies on the things which happen and iI thing it is good that we all dont think the same or it would be boring ;)
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
Patrick
Friend of the Community

Post by Patrick »

Accepted
Congratulations and welcome to the team!
Please contact Joel Miller for more info.
BiXaAr-MeDy.

Post by BiXaAr-MeDy. »

First,
Gratzzz :d
Hi
ludwig

Post by ludwig »

Congratulations Man !!! <3
Gotouda Aki