Praying

k1ngfoxxy
Former Cleaning Lady

Re: Praying

Post by k1ngfoxxy »

Bonkers wrote:Atheistic Agnostic here. We're to irrelevant to make conclusions about something universal like a creator of life and thing though it's pure egocentricity and primal fear to assume he/she/it/they would give two fucks about planet earth and its beings. Anyways, in situations where I get close to the end of my life and I don't have 100% influence on the outcome (e.g. got almost involved into two serious car accidents on highways) I noticed one specific thought rushing through my head: Please make me survive this. And I wonder, who am I talking with? Myself? Fate? God? I have no clue. Do I pray? Occasionally, yet unconsiously.
Maybe on some level you're aware and acknowledge that there's a greater power in the universe?
big d energy
Bonkers
nD* Jail Member

Post by Bonkers »

Konijn wrote:How can you be an Atheist Agnostic? That's an oxymoron.
I'm aware of that but can't help myself to find a better expression. I do not believe in a mankind-focused god/power but I also wouldn't say that this universe MUST HAVE been started on accident/by nature, so I can imagine a creator of this whole world. Like some kid with an aquarium. Or some guy in a lab who just has started an experiment. I'm generally a friend of the world-in-world theory since we can observe it in our existence aswell. (thinking of bacteria/micro organisms etc) If you know any other expression for this, please hit me. And I believe in evolution, so Intelligent Design is no option for me. (as long as I don't got the false undertanding of it)
Foxy|Lady wrote:
Spoiler!
Bonkers wrote:Atheistic Agnostic here. We're to irrelevant to make conclusions about something universal like a creator of life and thing though it's pure egocentricity and primal fear to assume he/she/it/they would give two fucks about planet earth and its beings. Anyways, in situations where I get close to the end of my life and I don't have 100% influence on the outcome (e.g. got almost involved into two serious car accidents on highways) I noticed one specific thought rushing through my head: Please make me survive this. And I wonder, who am I talking with? Myself? Fate? God? I have no clue. Do I pray? Occasionally, yet unconsiously.
Maybe on some level you're aware and acknowledge that there's a greater power in the universe?
I could imagine this, yes. But it has no influence on our lifes whatsoever and it doesn't care aswell. It is also not present in this universe, more like out of it. In the end: I'm nowhere near to comprehend the sense of life. Imo noone is, all we can do is guess and estimate. Strict Theists and Atheists are both narrow-minded, I think.

Imagine a kid blowing a soap bubble and letting it go with the wind, just that this bubble grows and is a bit more complex. But for the kid, it is just the soapy bubble flowing with the wind, so praying is nothing more or less than self-therapy.
Cognitive reflection means nothing less but the universe getting aware of itself.
If we both talk to eachother about cognitive reflection,
the universe talks with itself about itself, reflecting itself by itself about it's own selfreflection.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Bonkers wrote:
Konijn wrote:How can you be an Atheist Agnostic? That's an oxymoron.
I'm aware of that but can't help myself to find a better expression. I do not believe in a mankind-focused god/power but I also wouldn't say that this universe MUST HAVE been started on accident/by nature, so I can imagine a creator of this whole world. Like some kid with an aquarium. Or some guy in a lab who just has started an experiment. I'm generally a friend of the world-in-world theory since we can observe it in our existence aswell. (thinking of bacteria/micro organisms etc) If you know any other expression for this, please hit me. And I believe in evolution, so Intelligent Design is no option for me. (as long as I don't got the false undertanding of it)
Foxy|Lady wrote:
Spoiler!
[/spoiler]
Bit OT but I believe in M-theory myself. The "lab theory" (not the proper name, I'm sure there is one but I can't find it), that you mentioned is an interesting one but personally I don't see it as very likely.
Mati

Post by Mati »

You're probably looking for Deism, or the idea/concept of living in a simulation (see ie. Nick Bostrom and the Simulation Hypothesis).
lol
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Mati wrote:You're probably looking for Deism, or the idea/concept of living in a simulation (see ie. Nick Bostrom and the Simulation Hypothesis).
I saw a documentary about simulation hypothesis (http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/simulation-hypothesis/) I only saw 10 minutes so far but it seems really interesting.
These users thanked the author Konijn for the post (total 3):
Mati, Bonkers, Muhaha
QuErza!

Post by QuErza! »

No i dont pray since i dont believe in god.

Return to “Trash (The Lounge)”