Some Suggestions

NoizeBeat

Some Suggestions

Post by NoizeBeat »

Hi all
Being back on the zombie server after a long absence I wanted to suggest some improvements that will perhaps evolve the server who is the opinion of the major part of "old school player" like Weed, Neophetamine, Velociraptor World is Yours ...

First of all, it's necessary for me to add some new maps and delete some, lot of players are complaining about the same cycle everyday
I purpose some to add and some to delete :

To delete :
Zm_zow_fortress_v2 : this one is the worst of cycle, i see every days lof of players complaining of this map cause she's really big with lot of hiding spots, lot of rounds boring where nothing happens
Zm_Evil_Ice_attack2 : same reasons as above plus the presence of kevlar who makes the task even harder for zombies.
Zm_Snowbase3 : The wave problem of this map is a long hallway filled with water where it's really easy for humans to survive against zombies.

To add :
Zm_escape_train and zm_boatescape : The return of escape maps would be for me a good thing, the principle being different of oither classic maps bring some fun.
Zm_Effect : map already in cycle of server zombie plague, very cool.
Zm_dust2_final : i know there is already a dust but having ever played lot of dust maps this one is for me the best
Zm_fun_World_2 : Already a fun world too but this one is regulary quote by players maybe 2 fun world could be fun too
Zm_ice_attack2 : Old school map who were one of the most apprecied map in zombie plague server.

About extra items :
I would like the importation of some items of zombie plague server to respawn serv like :
- Antidote Bomb, there is an infection bomb why not Anti bomb ?
- Possibility to donate ammo packs, very convenient maybe it's not possible in respawn server ?
- Back of Nemesis, Survivor and plague mode round, i know with respawn it will be different but why not to try seen the zombe plague server is dying a slow fire.

Some changes about gameplay :
- put a bigger limit of the bank, 100 ammos is not enough it happens to finish maps with alot more
- Reduce the cost of Antigun, i find it unfortunate to put as expensive this item very fun who's almost never use except some players including me.

Of course, i know this will be difficult for admins to make as many changes, it's only my opinion and some Old School players, i suppose some doesnt see the things in the same way, especially, dont hesitate to give you're opinion we really like to play on this server and we want to make it the best of zombie server !

NoizeBeat
[youtube]xqFic9BWYHA[/youtube]
Pukata
neonDragon Admin

Re: Some Suggestions

Post by Pukata »

NoizeBeat wrote: To delete :
Zm_zow_fortress_v2 : this one is the worst of cycle, i see every days lof of players complaining of this map cause she's really big with lot of hiding spots, lot of rounds boring where nothing happens
Zm_Evil_Ice_attack2 : same reasons as above plus the presence of kevlar who makes the task even harder for zombies.
Zm_Snowbase3 : The wave problem of this map is a long hallway filled with water where it's really easy for humans to survive against zombies.

To add :
Zm_escape_train and zm_boatescape : The return of escape maps would be for me a good thing, the principle being different of oither classic maps bring some fun.
Zm_dust2_final : i know there is already a dust but having ever played lot of dust maps this one is for me the best
Zm_fun_World_2 : Already a fun world too but this one is regulary quote by players maybe 2 fun world could be fun too
Zm_ice_attack2 : Old school map who were one of the most apprecied map in zombie plague server.
Only have one thing to add to this, which is that escape-maps deserves its own server, and has no place on zombie respawn. Problem lies in that its very diffrent from the current gameplay we have going on at the server, and people come to play the usual zombie mod, and not zombie escape, which imo is an entirely diffrent mod.
NoizeBeat wrote:About extra items :
I would like the importation of some items of zombie plague server to respawn serv like :
- Possibility to donate ammo packs, very convenient maybe it's not possible in respawn server ?
- Back of Nemesis, Survivor and plague mode round, i know with respawn it will be different but why not to try seen the zombe plague server is dying a slow fire.
Anitdote-bomb could be an option, because we already have an antidote-gun on the server, so yeah.

When it comes to donation, its a no-go when we have nDcash on the server. It will give nonsteamers an indirect way of transfering cash to other players, which is something we want to avoid. Adding it would mean removing /bank, which i dont think players would be very happy with.

When i first created this server, it was to rival the, at the time, more popular ZP server (that today is nearly dead). The idea was to just to provide a place for players, who just want to play clean zombie mod, without the fancy round-mod, that the other zombie server had (and still has) plenty of. So imo this is not an option, and would just go against what type of gameplay the server was intended for. Secondly nemesis and respawn dont go well together, because you would have to respawn the killed players, unless humans that get killed by the nemesis would have to wait until the round is over. But this again wouldnt be "Zombie Respawn" anymore.
NoizeBeat wrote: Some changes about gameplay :
- put a bigger limit of the bank, 100 ammos is not enough it happens to finish maps with alot more
- Reduce the cost of Antigun, i find it unfortunate to put as expensive this item very fun who's almost never use except some players including me.
The limit is set to match, what the max earned nDcash per minute is, on the rest of the servers. This is to avoid 1 particular nD server being an easy place to "farm" nDcash, compared to the other servers, and have a balanced out "maximum nDcash per minute" across the servers. Changing the limit is therefore not an option.

For the anti-gun, the price is set to avoid too much usage of the gun, because you can keep shooting the same human(s), that repeadly gets infected by the zombies behind, which gives whoever keeps infecting, an unfair amount of points. In the past, few people took advantage of that (on the other zombie server), and would farm alot of points, by having a friend use the antidote-gun and just recive all the points from infections. Atm the price is good, and i see no reason to risk any type of abuse/unintended consequences.
Sn00se

Post by Sn00se »

To delete :
Here I agree with that we should delete Zm_Snowbase3, because of what you say, its no balance between the humans and the zombies. Humans get's a to big edvantage under the water, and people have to wait until the round is over, and then its the same thing all over again.

Zm_zow_fortress_v2 is also a map that I think people would be happy to se go, this map for people (what they have told me and others) is that the map is boring, and dont really give any interest. The player amount always drop whenever this map gets choosen.

As for the kevlar thing, this is a option on some maps, and I havent seen to much people complain about this, I dont think this is a really big problem. But if we get more feedback about this, this might be removed.
To add :
I agree with Pukata here on the whole "escape" thing, I dont think that really fits into the respawn idea.
But for the other maps, like Effect, I think its a really good addition, and people really like that map on plague.
Same for the other maps, they are really good, and might be brought up when we do a map test.
About extra items :

Some changes about gameplay :
Antidote bomb might be a really good addition to the game.
The donation of ammo packs, just as Pukata says, we already have the whole /bank system. And I think it might be a little to much with the donation as well.
Back of Nemisis, Survivor and plague mod round might also be a little to much, what we instead should do is bring light to the plague server again. If people are playing there, it will make more people to come!

Reduce the cost of Antigun - I've seen some players be against it and some for it. Its a question that should be debated and voted on. Alot of people really find it annoying.

Thats my opinions! If you have any more map suggestions, please do tell, because I agree with the daily cycle being booring. We need some new maps to bring light to the server!
CammY -fs-

Post by CammY -fs- »

Onto the donation of AP, all it takes is a group of players to play zombie for a while, camp in the same spot and farm AP send it to 1 person then bam they've got a big amount of nDCash(steam players)... Doesn't really fit in well unless a system where you could donate AP that can't be converted to nDCash was to be put into place then it'd be an alright idea.
NoizeBeat

Post by NoizeBeat »

Only have one thing to add to this, which is that escape-maps deserves its own server, and has no place on zombie respawn. Problem lies in that its very diffrent from the current gameplay we have going on at the server, and people come to play the usual zombie mod, and not zombie escape, which imo is an entirely diffrent mod.
OK with this, maybe it could be an idea to transform ZP server to escape server ?
Anitdote-bomb could be an option, because we already have an antidote-gun on the server, so yeah.
I forgot about kill bomb, doesnt like it really in ZP cause a bit cruelous for me, but different now with respawns it can be a good idea too.
When it comes to donation, its a no-go when we have nDcash on the server. It will give nonsteamers an indirect way of transfering cash to other players, which is something we want to avoid. Adding it would mean removing /bank, which i dont think players would be very happy with.
Unlucky for steam players
When i first created this server, it was to rival the, at the time, more popular ZP server (that today is nearly dead). The idea was to just to provide a place for players, who just want to play clean zombie mod, without the fancy round-mod, that the other zombie server had (and still has) plenty of. So imo this is not an option, and would just go against what type of gameplay the server was intended for. Secondly nemesis and respawn dont go well together, because you would have to respawn the killed players, unless humans that get killed by the nemesis would have to wait until the round is over. But this again wouldnt be "Zombie Respawn" anymore.
Not very agree with this, especially part with Nemesis, you should know that the majority of players in respawn come from ZP and most deplore the fact that it's not longer possible to do nemesis cause no interest to make it in ZP server who never does more 7-8 players, it would be really unfortunate to deprive the serv of this asset.
Concerning the part with respawn, dont think that will be embarassing, most of players like nemesis cause he provides good sensations with jump and speed and the fact that players respawn will strenghten interest of being nemesis.
The limit is set to match, what the max earned nDcash per minute is, on the rest of the servers. This is to avoid 1 particular nD server being an easy place to "farm" nDcash, compared to the other servers, and have a balanced out "maximum nDcash per minute" across the servers. Changing the limit is therefore not an option.
Ok with this, even if in respawn serv most of players dont give interest to cash but only to ammo and bank, you should certainly talk to players who usually plays in Deathrun or Jailbreak.
For the anti-gun, the price is set to avoid too much usage of the gun, because you can keep shooting the same human(s), that repeadly gets infected by the zombies behind, which gives whoever keeps infecting, an unfair amount of points. In the past, few people took advantage of that (on the other zombie server), and would farm alot of points, by having a friend use the antidote-gun and just recive all the points from infections. Atm the price is good, and i see no reason to risk any type of abuse/unintended consequences.
Agree with you, my message was above all giving some importance to this item which is really fun for me.
Last edited by NoizeBeat on Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NoizeBeat

Post by NoizeBeat »

Here I agree with that we should delete Zm_Snowbase3, because of what you say, its no balance between the humans and the zombies. Humans get's a to big edvantage under the water, and people have to wait until the round is over, and then its the same thing all over again.

Zm_zow_fortress_v2 is also a map that I think people would be happy to se go, this map for people (what they have told me and others) is that the map is boring, and dont really give any interest. The player amount always drop whenever this map gets choosen.

As for the kevlar thing, this is a option on some maps, and I havent seen to much people complain about this, I dont think this is a really big problem. But if we get more feedback about this, this might be removed.
When i spoke about evil_ice_attack, wanted to say that it's a map in the same style of zow fortress, big, too much hiding spots and the presence of kevlar make it even more boring, kevlar is a very good value on some oither maps.
Antidote bomb might be a really good addition to the game.
The donation of ammo packs, just as Pukata says, we already have the whole /bank system. And I think it might be a little to much with the donation as well.
Back of Nemisis, Survivor and plague mod round might also be a little to much, what we instead should do is bring light to the plague server again. If people are playing there, it will make more people to come!

Reduce the cost of Antigun - I've seen some players be against it and some for it. Its a question that should be debated and voted on. Alot of people really find it annoying.

Thats my opinions! If you have any more map suggestions, please do tell, because I agree with the daily cycle being booring. We need some new maps to bring light to the server!
Exactly, i think ZP server is dead and nothing can bring him back, he's in this condition since 1 year now we have to make something transforming him in escape server maybe ? i agree with you that the 3 will be too much, but nemesis could be a very good value like i said to pukata.

Concerning the antigun, i wanted to give some importance to this item which is too underestimated for me !
and thanks for your opinion he's very important !
NoizeBeat

Post by NoizeBeat »

cammYs wrote:Onto the donation of AP, all it takes is a group of players to play zombie for a while, camp in the same spot and farm AP send it to 1 person then bam they've got a big amount of nDCash(steam players)... Doesn't really fit in well unless a system where you could donate AP that can't be converted to nDCash was to be put into place then it'd be an alright idea.
Great idea, this will be very interesting.
Pukata
neonDragon Admin

Post by Pukata »

NoizeBeat wrote:
OK with this, maybe it could be an idea to transform ZP server to escape server ?
Already a project underway to make it a ZE server. Have the mapcycle ready, and when i get time, and finish my other nD projects, such as the CSGO ZE server we opend lately, i will finish the ZE for cs 1.6, which would replace ZP.
CammY -fs-

Post by CammY -fs- »

Pukata wrote:
NoizeBeat wrote:
Already a project underway to make it a ZE server. Have the mapcycle ready, and when i get time, and finish my other nD projects, such as the CSGO ZE server we opend lately, i will finish the ZE for cs 1.6, which would replace ZP.
Nice work. Would definitely be worth playing on that server. Probably a better mod as a whole compared to ZR. What is your ideas concerning nDCash on that server, will it exist?
Pukata
neonDragon Admin

Post by Pukata »

cammYs wrote:
Pukata wrote:
NoizeBeat wrote:
Nice work. Would definitely be worth playing on that server. Probably a better mod as a whole compared to ZR. What is your ideas concerning nDCash on that server, will it exist?
Maybe.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Hi, Noizebeat. I did the maptesting part with Pukata, Sn00se, Relaxx and Jubia (the beginning of it)

Maptest

Yes: (None of them were the ones you suggested, Hybridz and Sn00se came up with these ones)

zm_inferno_nature
zm_downtown
zm_3rooms

No:
zm_cpl_mill
Too big and confusing

zm_siege
Too gigantic. ZM respawn encourages really fast gameplay, this doesn't encourage that.

zm_effect
It's too small + leap allows to demolish humans really fast

zm_dust2_final
Too zombie sided, impossible spots for zombies to reach with infinite ammo. Too little hiding spaces.

zm_fun_world_2
We have a better version of the same map

zm_ice_attack2
Map too small, bad hiding spots

Removed:

REMOVED:
zm_evil-ice_attack
Too human-sided, we all agreed it doesn't live out to the ZMRE mapcycle's standards so we removed it.

FIXED:
zm_zow_fortress_v2
Pukata redesigned it, let's give it a new fresh start see how it goes (Removed some doors, the map is a lot more open now) if it's still bad and people dislike it we'll think about removing it again.

zm_snowbase3
We have blocked that place with a block now, it should be impossible to access from now on.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Zombie Respawn Trash”