[Accepted] StickySteez's jail application

All accepted Applications are stored here.
hybRid

Re: StickySteez's jail application

Post by hybRid »

Flath wrote:
Foxy|Lady wrote:Initiative : I can see you are indeed trying to bring JB back on its feet, you command when needed, you've also made efforts with events, so it is obvious that you're not just power hungry, but have genuine interest in the well-being of nD.

Neutral

Moderation : I am unsure if you're moderating enough or at all at the moment, so I'll put this as a neutral. Would like to see it though, so I'll visit JB more often. Don't make me put it as a con :P

CONs

Reports : I see you have some accepted reports, but they are very old, not even from this year. Would like to see more reports from you.

All in all, your PROs outweigh your CONs and neutral, but nonetheless, the neutral and CON I have mentioned are very important, so for now it will be an extend from me, strongly leaning towards a yes.

Let us just point out he started commanding very recently, so that shouldn't be in the pro section but in the neutral section and people use to stop commanding when they become member cause most of them don't like it and they just try to command to get the member spot.

Concerning moderation, i don't expect him to be a good member if he has never moderated before especially on a server like jb where some regulars have a perfect knowledge of the rules and test your wit everyday. I fear some systematic use of power where simple warning is needed or at the contrary, fear to use them, when powers is the only way to impose limits.
He applied for the most difficult server to moderate and we shouldn't let our standarts drop down. If you want this spot sticky, you better start moderating to show us what you are worthy.

Concerning reports, i agree with you, can be fixed easily and show dedication to keep the servers clean.

Just saying, as for the moderation i have notice quite allot of "Sticky" himself to take actions ingame as on the forums mate thats why i see allot of potentional in him, lets give him an extend show he proper show himself what he's capable of.
As i i'd like to see nD growing or getting alive again.. So dont get to harsh buddy, i've really like to see/get Sticky on an trial on this one.
Show no love, it will only kills u..
aNNeh

Post by aNNeh »

Thought it was about Sticky on this one? Keep up the rules, I know you know them.

Also
Flath wrote: Let us just point out he started commanding very recently, so that shouldn't be in the pro section but in the neutral section and people use to stop commanding when they become member cause most of them don't like it and they just try to command to get the member spot.
I have no clue on what Sticky is scoping to reach. Still the last part seems very legit.
Flath wrote: Concerning moderation, i don't expect him to be a good member if he has never moderated before especially on a server like jb where some regulars have a perfect knowledge of the rules and test your wit everyday. I fear some systematic use of power where simple warning is needed or at the contrary, fear to use them, when powers is the only way to impose limits.
He applied for the most difficult server to moderate and we shouldn't let our standarts drop down. If you want this spot sticky, you better start moderating to show us what you are worthy.
He's pretty right with that also. There are still Regulars that would love test him and borderlline the rules a bit. But if he knows the most players, he'll notice the biggest part is new / at least not aware of the rules and just breaks them, that's really not a test. He should also be careful with his actions and even the words as those players react very harsh, complain and just annoy. I'm not really sure how he would handle that..
Maybe you would answer this Question..
When you're a Member and there's such a player that doesn't seem to be aware of the rules and just bitches at a CT for a freekill or whatever (point is he feels treated unfairly), what would you do?
Spoiler!

stickysteez

Post by stickysteez »

Foxy|Lady wrote:Hey Sticky, nice to see you apply! I wanted to reply earlier, but have chosen to procrastinate instead :D.
So here it is.

PROs

Rule knowledge : You definitely know the rules well enough, haven't seen you break one ever.

Age : I don't like to associate someone's age with their maturity, cause as many of you might know, I think age is merely just a number and doesn't prove anything.. But it is defintely past the required age to apply here, so that's a pro on its own, I suppose.

Maturity : It's there. You're a level headed guy, mature and responsible, and I believe your judgement will always be correct, regardless of the situations you'll be facing.

Activity : Your activity is decent enough, higher than 70% of the nD team.

Initiative : I can see you are indeed trying to bring JB back on its feet, you command when needed, you've also made efforts with events, so it is obvious that you're not just power hungry, but have genuine interest in the well-being of nD.

Neutral

Moderation : I am unsure if you're moderating enough or at all at the moment, so I'll put this as a neutral. Would like to see it though, so I'll visit JB more often. Don't make me put it as a con :P

CONs

Reports : I see you have some accepted reports, but they are very old, not even from this year. Would like to see more reports from you.

All in all, your PROs outweigh your CONs and neutral, but nonetheless, the neutral and CON I have mentioned are very important, so for now it will be an extend from me, strongly leaning towards a yes.
Thanks for your reply Foxy!
Flath wrote:
Foxy|Lady wrote:Initiative : I can see you are indeed trying to bring JB back on its feet, you command when needed, you've also made efforts with events, so it is obvious that you're not just power hungry, but have genuine interest in the well-being of nD.

Neutral

CONs

Let us just point out he started commanding very recently, so that shouldn't be in the pro section but in the neutral section and people use to stop commanding when they become member cause most of them don't like it and they just try to command to get the member spot.

Concerning moderation, i don't expect him to be a good member if he has never moderated before especially on a server like jb where some regulars have a perfect knowledge of the rules and test your wit everyday. I fear some systematic use of power where simple warning is needed or at the contrary, fear to use them, when powers is the only way to impose limits.

Concerning reports, i agree with you, can be fixed easily and show dedication to keep the servers clean.
Hey Flath, thanks for your reply. I don't want you to take my next words as an offensive reaction towards you but more likely a defensive reaction for myself. When was the last time u take a visit to the jailbreak server and stayed more then 30 minutes? I started commanding in the summer of 2014 or something like that. Like Foxy said, i was thinking about this a long time. Back then i wasn't ready, but i have a lot of trust that i'm ready to take the 'job'! In the 'ideal scenario' members are not needed, regulars would correct new players, educate them, show them their mistakes and pass on the knowledge. That's also the side i would choose. I won't go spectate and searching for minor excuses to kick people. More likely i'll educate new players till they become regulars.
For the players on jailbreak i wan't to be dispensable, but always discoverable.

anni h wrote: Maybe you would answer this Question..
When you're a Member and there's such a player that doesn't seem to be aware of the rules and just bitches at a CT for a freekill or whatever (point is he feels treated unfairly), what would you do?
The first thing i would do is calming someone down, i will ask him(or her) what happend and explain why they get killed.
When needed i'll copy the specific rule from the guide.

People forget that jailbreak is a server with a lot of rules. Some rules are easy, some rules are difficult.
You cannot expect people to immediately know and understand the Jailbreak rules.
If they make mistakes then they need to be educated.

1. Person makes a mistake
2. Inform them that they made a mistake
3a. They will accept that they made a mistake (finished)
3b. They will argue
4. Tell the specific rule he/she broke and where they can find it

Screenshot above for evidence. I will warn them when they make the same mistake.
These users thanked the author stickysteez for the post:
Sarah
“Great men are not born great, they grow great . . .”
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Haven't played JB for ages. Most of the people on here don't even know who I'm anymore :p
But based on your answers I would say you seem like one of the best applicants in a long time.
And what seems like a level of maturity that is needed on specifically on the JB server.
There is no point in my voting if this does get to stay here. I wish you all the luck and I hope you become a great member.
ImageImage Image
stickysteez

Post by stickysteez »

Sarah wrote:Haven't played JB for ages. Most of the people on here don't even know who I'm anymore :p
But based on your answers I would say you seem like one of the best applicants in a long time.
And what seems like a level of maturity that is needed on specifically on the JB server.
There is no point in my voting if this does get to stay here. I wish you all the luck and I hope you become a great member.
Thanks sarah!
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Accepted

Welcome to the team! Contact me on steam for further details.
stickysteez

Post by stickysteez »

AmeLien~ wrote:Accepted

Welcome to the team! Contact me on steam for further details.

Thanks for the trust!
k1ngfoxxy
Former Cleaning Lady

Post by k1ngfoxxy »

Congrats!!!!!! Am sure you'll do great <3
big d energy
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

gz :)
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Apekiller

Post by Apekiller »

Congratulations!
former Image
Spoiler!
"I can be your daughter if you want" - StickySteez
Яaven

Post by Яaven »

gj, welcome to the team