Dear admins.

User avatar
Konijn
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by Konijn »

QuErza! wrote:
Konijn wrote:The spam in the ban section : http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php ... 87#p435487 - There were many people spamming this thread and none of them were warned for it. Singling out the post by Mod is silly, take the entire situation into context and realise that it wasn't just him.
http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php ... 05#p435705 - He received an in-game ban, I don't think a forum ban/warning was really necessary as well.

The spam on Neo's app : http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php ... 29#p435529 - Again, another image where the intent was clearly to be humorous. I don't particularly like moderating people if they step over the line a little bit but do so with the purpose of trying to be funny, just feels like people would be scared to even post if this was the case. Also, he did at least post something on topic so not really a big deal imo.
The bin laden post : http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php ... 45#p436945 - His image was in response to a comment someone else made, yet again the image's intent is to be humorous, people may not find it funny but I firmly believe he was not trying to cause offense and was just trying to be funny. The post by Querza in response however was not done with humorous intent at all, this is the distinction.

Anyway, some people may not agree with me and that's perfectly fine, those people are more than welcome to voice their opinions. People can choose to believe this or not, it really makes no difference, but the fact is that I will moderate people indiscriminately, that is to say that the person and their relationship to me (friend or foe) are irrelevant. The only factors that I take into account when deciding whether to punish someone or the type of punishment to give are; intent of action, impact of action, understanding of the rules, history of abuse, surrounding circumstances.
If i spammed the ban section i would get banned though, if i posted that pic on neos app i would get banned though and if i would post that osama bin ladens photo i would still get banned though

but i respect your opinion and i wont discuss anymore since ill just get banned even though iam right and many people said he deserves to be banned so yeah i wont since it is no use.. The fact that you take Mods Photo as a joke :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
If you have something else to add and you can do so within the confines of the forum rules (not using offensive language, harrassing, et cetera) then go ahead, there is no reason why you would get banned for doing so. However such a post as "I won't post any more as I'll get banned" just stinks of "I have nothing else to say so I will just come up with an excuse as to why I cannot post any more".

You think you would have gotten banned for posting the exact same things as Mod did, in the exact same threads? You are wrong, but there is really no way to convince you so I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree.
Image
User avatar
Konijn
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by Konijn »

Sloth ツ wrote:Alot of I's there Konijn but think about us? If we dont like Mod joking about Osama and 9/11 you guys should take actions.. No wonder why nD is falling apart smh
Like I said, I will not moderate due to peer pressure. If I think someone needs moderating then I will look at the situation as objectively as I can and decide on an outcome. I am not the only admin in this community and if other admins feel they want to moderate a person for their behaviour they can go ahead and do that, however I am talking about myself so yes of course I am going to speak about how I interpret situations and why I did not think it was necessary to moderate Mod in these situations.
Image
User avatar
QuErza!
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:04 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by QuErza! »

Konijn wrote:
Sloth ツ wrote:Alot of I's there Konijn but think about us? If we dont like Mod joking about Osama and 9/11 you guys should take actions.. No wonder why nD is falling apart smh
Like I said, I will not moderate due to peer pressure. If I think someone needs moderating then I will look at the situation as objectively as I can and decide on an outcome. I am not the only admin in this community and if other admins feel they want to moderate a person for their behaviour they can go ahead and do that, however I am talking about myself so yes of course I am going to speak about how I interpret situations and why I did not think it was necessary to moderate Mod in these situations.
OVERALL: You'll just ban when you feel like it?
User avatar
Konijn
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by Konijn »

QuErza! wrote:
Konijn wrote:
Sloth ツ wrote:Alot of I's there Konijn but think about us? If we dont like Mod joking about Osama and 9/11 you guys should take actions.. No wonder why nD is falling apart smh
Like I said, I will not moderate due to peer pressure. If I think someone needs moderating then I will look at the situation as objectively as I can and decide on an outcome. I am not the only admin in this community and if other admins feel they want to moderate a person for their behaviour they can go ahead and do that, however I am talking about myself so yes of course I am going to speak about how I interpret situations and why I did not think it was necessary to moderate Mod in these situations.
OVERALL: You'll just ban when you feel like it?
I'm not really sure how you draw that conclusion based on my previous posts but if that's what you choose to believe then fine. I think I have summed up how I moderate fairly well and you don't seem to have acknowledged any of it, so you just continue to believe what you want because I'm quite frankly done wasting my time.
Image
User avatar
QuErza!
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:04 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by QuErza! »

LOL there iis no fair moderation between me and mods posts so how can you say "i moderate fairly"?, since half of the nD people thinks you'e wrong and you pretty much are haha :clap: :clap: :clap:
User avatar
QuErza!
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:04 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by QuErza! »

Sloth ツ wrote:I'm 100% sure querza would get banned for posting that Osama pic :) And again if you didnt understand there are OTHER people than you guys who actually get offended by this.. Joking about terrorism isnt something I would like at all. But concidering the IS name your channel had in TS and people got nazi emotcions there I guess its fine. As its show in ZBRA's complaint at the end of last year.

http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22532
Explain this then KO9 is this also your "Fairly modoration" skills? i remember you guys banned beast2k for racism and i got a warning because i said sometinh about ISIS but your channel name is hella fine!!

So if we named our channel "Nazi" or something about nazi you guys would have banned, but it seems okay for you to use ISIS :clap: :clap: :clap:
User avatar
Konijn
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by Konijn »

QuErza! wrote:
Sloth ツ wrote:I'm 100% sure querza would get banned for posting that Osama pic :) And again if you didnt understand there are OTHER people than you guys who actually get offended by this.. Joking about terrorism isnt something I would like at all. But concidering the IS name your channel had in TS and people got nazi emotcions there I guess its fine. As its show in ZBRA's complaint at the end of last year.

http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22532
Explain this then KO9 is this also your "Fairly modoration" skills? i remember you guys banned beast2k for racism and i got a warning because i said sometinh about ISIS but your channel name is hella fine!!

So if we named our channel "Nazi" or something about nazi you guys would have banned, but it seems okay for you to use ISIS :clap: :clap: :clap:
It was not my channel, the name was changed and you can read in that thread my response to that situation. I don't see any point in discussing it again here when it was already discussed fully in the linked topic.
Image
User avatar
QuErza!
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:04 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by QuErza! »

"The person with the Swastika on teamspeak is a friend of mine who I was trolling a few days ago. He asked me for an icon, I searched what was already uploaded to the server and available and set it as that to troll him"

Are you kidding?

Lemme post something a wise ZBRA said "You know how my innocent people died of this fascist ideoligy? (my grandpa was a jew) Its happening again in the middel east (innocent people, wheter sunni muslim, christians, or yezedi's get killed) and you'll just joke about it. Dont u have any dignity?"

Troll or no troll with your friend or not. and then you guys ask why so many people are leaving :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by QuErza! on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el mano
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:15 am
Location: Behind u
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by el mano »

Image
mange2
Posts: 1863
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:40 pm
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by mange2 »

can i have a swastika on ts??
User avatar
Konijn
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by Konijn »

Sloth ツ wrote:Hahahaha I can assure you that the name was not changed until a month or two later ;)
Konijn wrote:On the subject of the channel name, channel owners can change/edit their channel names at will. I'm unaware of any rules that we have currently as to what sort of names are allowed. Just to clarify it is not my channel and I do not control the name.
Ye so much changing the name!!!!
The name was changed and rules were added to the TS server to show that such names are not acceptable. I'm not really sure what your point is here?

I did not then see an issue with having the channel name ISIS and I will maintain that I still do not see it as an issue. It was a joke, a dark joke, but a joke non-the-less and people who had no idea of the context of the joke became offended. They were perhaps right to be offended and rules were put in place to stop it from happening again.

The fact is though if you go around various sites on the Internet, 9gag, 4chan, reddit, tumblr, imgur, you will see these sorts of dark jokes all of the time and 90% of the people see them for exactly what they are, jokes. Some times you need to simply step back and laugh at these things otherwise you're going to be terribly miserable in life.

I feel like this thread is turning more into a witch hunt than the original purpose of the thread. Remember that I am entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours and just because I do not take controversial jokes as offensively as you seem to take them does not make your opinion correct and mine wrong, they are just different. I try to put my feelings aside from situations and look at them objectively (as I mentioned before) and when you do that and you compare Mod's post to Querza's you will see that the first one is a dark joke and the second one is a poor and out of place comment. You cannot even say that I am only moderating Querza because of his view because I actually believe that Israel is only defending themselves (if you really want to get into it), but this really is not the place for that and I am merely pointing out that bias and my personal feelings have nothing to do with why Querza was banned.
Image
Modz
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:51 am
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by Modz »

jesus just ban me lol stop cryin pls :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
and really sloth stop defending him for fuck sake
k i understand u'll against me just becuz dat osama bin laden pic , and no one cares about what quezra says about palestine ... these people....
User avatar
Starzy
Posts: 3287
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: London, UK.
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by Starzy »

just don't post kid, you're full of nonsense lol
Image

Image
doeda
VIP
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:03 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 128 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by doeda »

Best is to lock this topic admins, everything that was needed to say (on topic) has been said only thing that comes now is harassment etc..
Last edited by doeda on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author doeda for the post:
k1ngfoxxy
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Image

Image
Raiz0
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:42 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Dear admins.

Post by Raiz0 »

Last edited by Raiz0 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Locked

Return to “Trash”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests