[Accepted] kami (GER]'s Application

All accepted Applications are stored here.
Macho Man

Re: kami (GER]'s Application

Post by Macho Man »

Hallo Kami

you are a calm and genuine person. Well you have a decent rule knowledge. You know how to use the member commands properly. You can be a strict person when some one breaks the rules i see that as a good thing. I really think that you have improved as a member because, you where a member before and you have more experince then the other Jailbreak members.
your maturity is more then average. i dont know what more to say i really think you deserve to become a member so my vote will be Yes.

your attitude can be a downer sometimes try to fix that :D
Last edited by Macho Man on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[youtube]VVqvSYFN9XQ[/youtube]

"this year you have been 16, 13 and now 14 turning 15, how old are u exactly?"
East Clubber

Post by East Clubber »

I pushed you into creating this application and I still fully support you.

I have known you for a long time through the many years passed in nD, and I've always seen you as one of the better members. You are fun to play with, can be active when you have the motivation to play, and you're one of the older, more mature regulars. I've always been a fan of your moderating style, being more strict than other members tend to be. In my oppinion server rules are to be followed correctly and I am myself one of the more stricter moderators. We have both come to know the rules very well through the years, which has given us a great ruleknowledge that a lot of other people lack.
Recently I've noticed there hasn't been many bans handed out on the jailbreak server, which I believe is caused by the ''trolling'' attitude of a lot of new as well as older players. They know how to keep themselves on the edge of the rules and by that also on the edge of punishment. With non-strict members these trolls and rulebreakers will continue to exist and play freely on the servers downgrading the quality, however I believe a member like yourself can bring a tighter upholding of the rules and a lower tolerance of constant under-the-radar harassment and insulting.

I will give you my vote, BUT I've noticed a single con I would like to make you aware of if you aren't already.
I've noticed this also before urging you to apply, but didn't say anything since it's easily fixable and minor in compare to your possible moderating quality.

You tend to micspam a bit when playing as CT, especially the first 30-60 seconds of a new map which slows down the roundspeed and can result in further micspam by other players. I've noticed this in combination with Anni and other CT's I can't remember at the moment.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in the team.
These users thanked the author East Clubber for the post (total 3):
Waschera, kami (GER], Thierry Henry
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

East pretty much said it all, but I would still like to say my own opinion as well.

I've played with you for a long time, both on the Fun servers and JB. You're one of the few people, where I never really thought you would lose member qualities. You're one of the few who actually keeps on being a proper person and nice to be with, both with and without powers (which seems to be rather rare amongst ex-members) and I think that, every time you've left, it seems to be because of being too busy in real life and not something to do with your motivation or moderation?

For me, it's a clear yes, wether you're accepted in the upcoming meeting or next, I think it's a waste if you're not accepting in the upcoming meeting, cuz I don't see you as one of those who has to prove yourself, because you're already proving yourself to be worthy of member, just by doing what you do, generally.

My biggest concern though, is your activity and I don't mean your current activity, I don't play JB really, anymore, so I don't really know. But, it's wether or not you're gonna stay for a longer time? Like, is this just for the next couple of months or do you plan on being a member for a long time?

Either way, it's a yes from me and I think you should be accepted in the upcoming meeting, as the only real concern is wether or not you'll stay for a longer period of time (at least that's my opinion).
The Beard

Post by The Beard »

I was going to write out a big long response to your application Kami but thanks to East i dont need to, like East i remember you from way back and my thoughts on you mirror East's words, In my mind your the more strict boost the jb team needs.
Waschera

Post by Waschera »

There is no question that you will do good as a member. Everything east said is exactly what i also have noticed from you these last 2 weeks.
You still have it in you. Yes you can be strict at times but i dont see that as a bad thing atm. The member team needs you.

It's a definite yes from me. Good luck on your application
"If one man can create so much hate, imagine all the love we can create together!"

kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

:) tanks guys

i cant tell how long it will last with the activity, i feel like i could be active for a longer period but who can say that it will be like this. i just hope i can stay and dont get pulled away so fast. thats all one can say to that.

edit: but just for the period of time i would be member it can improve the server(s), it wouldnt be a great loss to have me here for a couple of months if i cant stay active afterwards
Image Image
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

An issue I can remember with you in the past is that you fuel up a tank when you see a player misbehaving and you'd pretty much just straight up ban if he does something a week after and you also found a group of players, would deem them all trolls even if one was innocent. Other than that I think you'd be a good asset to the team and believe you should have your chance again.
These users thanked the author Shadi for the post (total 2):
Coby, Ninja kayZ
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

Shadi wrote:An issue I can remember with you in the past is that you fuel up a tank when you see a player misbehaving and you'd pretty much just straight up ban if he does something a week after and you also found a group of players, would deem them all trolls even if one was innocent. Other than that I think you'd be a good asset to the team and believe you should have your chance again.

as i can recall when someone was warned 200 times alone be me, i didnt feel the need to tell the same thing a week later again. thought the admins decide if he receives a strike for what he did and if they think the ban is unfair they wont strike this person. (except when there is my load of proof showing that i am on the right)
and the times the server went "full retard", like 5 guys would just be the athmosphere killers and there is noone to pic out of them since that would look like only going after one single target, it happened that the bunch had to be kicked/banned. reports followed always and have been solved or accepted.

i think i got a good feeling when this is necessary and when not.
Image Image
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

You can't just ban, assume it's cool, and then let the admin decide whether it was OK or not, sharpen your judgement and perception.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

Shadi wrote:You can't just ban, assume it's cool, and then let the admin decide whether it was OK or not, sharpen your judgement and perception.
shadi, i never said that i would just ban straight away, nor did i do that when i was member when it wasnt a mass freekiller. o_O
Image Image
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

kami (GER] wrote:
Shadi wrote:You can't just ban, assume it's cool, and then let the admin decide whether it was OK or not, sharpen your judgement and perception.
shadi, i never said that i would just ban straight away, nor did i do that when i was member when it wasnt a mass freekiller. o_O
That response was to your previous response, read both again. Hit me up on Steam if u wanna talk more.

- Benjamin Franklin
ChillerBiller

Post by ChillerBiller »

This is only Pros'n'Cons i recognized in the jb server:

Pros:

-I like your commanding!
-You know the rules
-You do nice days!
-you tell people when they do something wrong
-Most of the time your fun to play with!
-your application sounds like you really mean what you say

Neutrals

-you can be mature (not always)

Cons:

-you get annoyed very fast (for tiny reasons)
-you tend to help people in a rude way (...just sometimes)

But anyway for me it would be a yes, because there are not enough aktiv jailmembers at the moment and kami has much more pros than cons.
Spoiler!
SiX

Post by SiX »

Everything has been said already, your pro's and con's. You've my yes, good luck!
bis

Post by bis »

We have our personal differences but I felt that I needed a post to share my opinion on your application. I think its a little too soon for a player like you to re-apply, most people know you as the strict Kami nowadays and it feels like the server dips into deep depression when you join. You still have the strict aura about you even though you claim to have changed. You also are very stubborn when it comes to rules even when you're right, you need to step back take a look at the situation and act upon it like yesterday, a simple rule but you steamed a little overboard and I saw a little spark of the old strict Kami come back. I think you know the rules well enough to handle the server but I think maybe an extension is due just to prove yourself a little more. Good luck.
KING SNEL

Post by KING SNEL »

Even tho we have our moments you and me Im still gonna vote.

PROS:
-Handle rule breakers
-strict (may be to strict)
-Old member
-English
-Active (from the day u came back)

Neutrals:
None

CONS:
None

Even tho you and me don't get along that well and seeing you and other few peoples trying get me perm I still had to vote. Sometimes you are just way to strict but peoples like it, some others don't and thats what jailbreak needs, Strict peoples.
Some of my friends thinks Im crazy that Im voting for you but you got my yes.

Return to “Accepted Applications”