March 2014 Jailbreak additions!

Moderator: J4ck

Konijn
neonDragon Admin

March 2014 Jailbreak additions!

Post by Konijn »

Hi neonDragoners,

I've been busy writing some new plugins which I hope you'll all enjoy. Read below for the list of JB additions:

* New Funday - Rambo day has been added.
- In this day a Rambo is randomly selected.
- The Rambo will be placed on CT and everyone else on T.
- Rambo's mission is to eliminate the terrorist threat.
- For the Terrorists you need to eliminate Rambo.
- Succeed in killing Rambo and you will receive nD$ determined by the amount of players on the server [not yet added]
- For each kill as Rambo you get, you will gain 50 nD$ [not yet added]

* New Funday - One in the Chamber.
- Note this day is still in development as there are a couple of bugs to be worked out.
- You receive a Deagle with only one bullet in the chamber.
- Get a kill and you get another bullet.
- Miss and you will have to kill your foes with your knife to earn another precious bullet.

* Trail plugin reactivated
- The "trail" plugin has been reactivated.
- Note this plugin may be disabled if it causes problems like it previously did.
- Type trail in chat to give yourself a trail
- You must be a VIP or a Regular to use this command.
- You can buy VIP here: http://www.neondragon.net/vip
- Or request Regular status here: http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20051

* "Make two teams" added to /glow menu
- There is a new option in the /glow menu to randomly glow two teams red and blue (idea by Thierry Henry)

* /tgames command
- This command will let the commander choose an /LR game that the last two Ts can play against each other in a battle to the death to gain /LR
- Abuse of this command will be handled strictly. DO NOT use it if you are NOT the commander! First time abuse will lead to a direct CT ban. Second time abuse will lead to your ability to use the command being revoked, no exceptions.

* /mapinfo has been updated to include new HnS spots for CTs
- Areas such as the healing room on NCK and healing room on bananamuffin are now allowed to be stood in during the HnS countdown.
- Credits to regit and Maki respectively for developing the plugin and writing the areas.

And more to come:

There are another 2-3 new fundays that I want to make.
I am planning on revamping 'crazy day'
Sparta will be removed from Fundays and made into a /Sparta command
The Jbghost plugin *may* return if I can fix the existing bugs.

Also, don't forget to join the nD JB steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/neonDragonJailbreak - to take part in many upcoming exciting events!
These users thanked the author Konijn for the post (total 7):
dArra;], Edo ツ, kami (GER], SiX, LaZy, .Cell., Styx
.Cell.

Re: March 2014 Jailbreak additions!

Post by .Cell. »

I'm glad the stuff you've been working on all this time is finally falling into place.
Also...
Konijn wrote:- Miss and you will have to kill your foes with your knife to earn another precious bullet.
Spoiler!
el mano

Post by el mano »

well done KO9

hybRid

Post by hybRid »

Nice effort you did ko9 ! nice idea with /tgames tho
Show no love, it will only kills u..
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

Thanks for all you're doing at the moment, we really needed an admin with the motivation you have in order to "upgrade" the server with some new plugins and ideas which can make it even more fun to play and not to get boring over a short period of time.

Also, good you cleared up the /sparta command and you're going to add that as a command since I was going to bring it up this meeting due to it never being discussed in previous meeting (I believe?)

K U D O S.

Edo ツ

Post by Edo ツ »

Your initiative is incredible! You bring more plugins to the server, generating more options for both Ct's and T's ingame.
Adding a few new fundays and telling us even more are incoming will make jb more flexible (not only commanding and performing same days over and over again) and people will hopefully be more interested in voting /funday and experience new fundays.

Not only this, you create new nD groups for upcoming events and make it easier overall to keep track of important stuff within nD. Even though this crap made me automatically tab out of league and die, i like the idea of it. :P

I can actually say that i might enjoy playing on the server alot more now.
Thanks KO9, much appreciated! ;)
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Very well done Koni. Can't wait for the rest to be added!
KaitoKid
VIP

Post by KaitoKid »

Nice, more fundays is the absolute priority for the highly performant neonDragon jailbreak server! Need at least 20 fundays so we can have some diversity in the 2(3?) maximum amount of random fundays that can be played every map + that way admins can pick more days to abuse better!!

As I understand it, 'Make Two teams' glows two halves of the terrorist team different colours, exactly what the escaper sneaking off like a ninja wants, a bright colour that catches CT's eyes :).

Also like your solution for bad commanders. 'Oh our members can't fix the commanders, np let's slowly give loads of commands and make the server fully automated so that the commanders don't actually have to command anything, just use the chat like in those portuguese jailbreak servers where they have loads of flashy useless things'. /sparta is also a must have imo.

The only thing I can agree with is the return of trails, always thought a music game wasn't one without trail 3 red.

Anyways this is my opinion, of course most of you would disagree, just wanted to get what I thought out there.
These users thanked the author KaitoKid for the post (total 3):
bis, Vato, Jumps7yl3r
STEAM_0:0:51774830
doeda
VIP

Post by doeda »

Thanks for putting your time/effort for us.

You're incredible!
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Kvothe wrote:Nice, more fundays is the absolute priority for the highly performant neonDragon jailbreak server! Need at least 20 fundays so we can have some diversity in the 2(3?) maximum amount of random fundays that can be played every map + that way admins can pick more days to abuse better!!

As I understand it, 'Make Two teams' glows two halves of the terrorist team different colours, exactly what the escaper sneaking off like a ninja wants, a bright colour that catches CT's eyes :).

Also like your solution for bad commanders. 'Oh our members can't fix the commanders, np let's slowly give loads of commands and make the server fully automated so that the commanders don't actually have to command anything, just use the chat like in those portuguese jailbreak servers where they have loads of flashy useless things'. /sparta is also a must have imo.

The only thing I can agree with is the return of trails, always thought a music game wasn't one without trail 3 red.

Anyways this is my opinion, of course most of you would disagree, just wanted to get what I thought out there.
Maybe instead of complaining actually come with a better suggestion. Also you don't need to be so fucking rude in your reply. You can quite easily convey your opinion without having to be sarcastic. I spent a lot of time doing these things and I find your reply quite rude. Maybe I should do nothing and just let jailbreak continue to decline...
KaitoKid
VIP

Post by KaitoKid »

Oh because it's important when you're the one who puts time on it? I fail to understand why you decide to apply this logic now when it suits you whereas it didn't seem to bother you at all to ruin my months of trying just because you were having a tantrum, hypocrite.

And please, stop acting like you're a clueless victim. Rude? I haven't even started to be rude, all I did was get my opinion across in the easiest way I know as an englishman; sarcasm. I guess you like to portray yourself as being picked on, allows you to get out of a few situations pretty easily.
Maybe instead of complaining actually come with a better suggestion.
Why should I come up with a better suggestion? You're the one who applied to 'improve' the community and even when discarding that fact, you've got a good amount of regulars who come up with new ideas (good or bad, I can't say). Maybe listen to them first and then ask them to come up with better things.
As for me coming up with something, I had my time here, I did what I could and I don't feel I owe anything to this community to keep trying to improve your servers. Occasionally when I see something totally useless, I comment on it but that's it.

As for your last sentence, it made me sigh so hard I'm just gonna ignore it.
These users thanked the author KaitoKid for the post:
eddiH
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Kvothe wrote:I fail to understand why you decide to apply this logic now when it suits you whereas it didn't seem to bother you at all to ruin my months of trying just because you were having a tantrum, hypocrite.
What on earth are you talking about?
Kvothe wrote:Rude? I haven't even started to be rude
Whether it was intended or not your reply was plain rude and you could have expressed yourself in a much nicer manner.
Kvothe wrote:Why should I come up with a better suggestion?
If you're going to complain in such a vulgar manner that what I'm doing is pointless at least have something constructive to suggest doing instead.

Anyway, I really shouldn't have even replied to your post in the first place, it's quite evident that you're not interested in a reasonable discussion.
KaitoKid
VIP

Post by KaitoKid »

You know what I'm talking about and if you've forgotten, it just goes to show how selfish and hypocritical you are. I won't bother explaining.

Anyways I agree you shouldn't have replied, not only did you waste both our time, but now you have to bail yourself out of a sticky situation(gotta give it to you, you have a lot of experience with that) with a shit excuse like 'you're not interested in a reasonable discussion'.

Should your fanclub(the usual friend replying 'omg don't bother posting if you're not gonna thank', 'at least he tried' or 'leave him alone hater') or yourself reply, I won't gratify you with a response since I don't want to waste any more time than I already have in an argument/discussion that will amount to nothing.
These users thanked the author KaitoKid for the post:
eddiH
SiX

Post by SiX »

Well, where to start off?

I must say I'm very impressed by your devotion and time you put on improving nD. To make things clearer for some people; What Kony recently have been coding, more precisely Ghost mode and trails are parts of Jailbreak that people have been suggesting for quite a while without anything happening.
I fully support the Ghost Mode's return and the trail part since it brings back old memories at least for me.

About the random glow command, it's still in discussion and I'll share what I posted in nD private:
SiX wrote:Personally I don't mind if the random glow gets added or not, eitherway is fine by me.
But how often are teams actually divided randomly? Most of the times the commander runs a first reaction to pick the teammates (sometimes mass pick such as 3 teammates) and should the commander really want to random, he might just look behind and take a random number, eg nr 1, 4, 6 and 7 in the line is one team and thus /glow those numbers.

About using this to track the escapers, no thanks. I don't like to have tools interfering with the basic setup jailbreak has.
Especially not considering only regulars may use it. + that the VIPs' glowing that colour might be mistakened.
I also like the day called One in a chamber, quite an extraordinary funday that I'm glad got added.
Edit: The Rambo day seems good in it's own way too.

About the /tgames and /Sparta command. This may be seen from two sides; Yes it opens up a more widened area for the Terrorists (/tgames) that is, but is it really necessary? Now don't take it like I'm against it or anything since I see the good part that it may come over as entertaining and opens more areas to explore. It just feels like the entire jailbreak are moving into a new era by auto commands leaving the cts doing nothing on their own (/Glow, /Hns, /Sparta, /Tgames...) that especially the new cts' won't learn to appreciate the goodness in the old Jailbreak where the cts' really had to feel contributeable and part of the system. The cts' will become lazy and less competent in their work and if this keeps up, soon a /menu will come too at one point or another just as in mTc and Fa, a menu displaying fundays all the time and no regular games at all.

The /Sparta command is good if it balances the HP between the Terrorists and CTs and I'm relieved it got moved from the fundays back into a normal jailbreak game. Yet my mind hesitates to whether or not I really want it on a personal basis as a /Sparta command in a way I can't explain.

This is why I understand some of kaito's points. Preferably a man handed Jailbreak than a robotized Jailbreak.

Yet, Thanks for the contribution!
Last edited by SiX on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thierry Henry

Post by Thierry Henry »

Uninstalls CS, starts being a troll.
Kaito I don't really know if you followed the jailbreak stats lately but the server has gone pretty bad.
Since the 2 new fundays (rambo & one chamber) got added, there was some more populairity for the server.
Konijn did his best to create fun plugins for the jailbreak server and he should be rewarded for it and not blamed for ruining your fun.
If it's only ruining your fun then I honestly dont mind, since there's a majority that thinks these plugins will make jailbreak better.

OT.

Thanks alot konijn for your effort you put into these plugins.
"Donkey by L.F. Donkey" -mR#KaitoKid

Return to “Jailbreak Trash”