2011 nD VS 2014 nD

him

Re: 2011 nD VS 2014 nD

Post by him »

My opinion is that I would prefer the old zombie gaming method because I personally hate to camp. I myself barely camp when I play zombie. I would just run and gun with the XM shotgun and strafe escape from zombies. During kancl3r map, if I was camping inside the GREAT hole, I would tell myself : Wtf am I doing here :o Lets go out and hunt, and if I get infected then oh well, time to infect those pesky campers :twisted:

So yeah, less camping =more fun
These users thanked the author him for the post (total 3):
ICantFly, wei, abdulrahman
Sino145

Post by Sino145 »

Yeah less campers would make the gameplay more fun..

Without semi-clip blocking is a major problem, with semi-clip camping is a major problem.

I'd like to suggest something about the "oldschool hour"

We could do something similar to what Uhu did. A nD admin comes in-game, changes the map to Zm_dust2, takes away double jump and semi-clip. Then after the map everything goes back to normal and we take peoples feedback. Since Zm_dust2 is a much better map than Fw1 for the old school gameplay some peoples thougths about hating the old game might change.
These users thanked the author Sino145 for the post:
ICantFly
JigloJay.

Post by JigloJay. »

I liked more too play in 2011 then now

Now there are too much campers and other stupid things. But it also nice too play now and i will for ever love the nD servers!
These users thanked the author JigloJay. for the post:
ICantFly
JigloJay.

Post by JigloJay. »

I liked more too play in 2011 then now

Now there are too much campers and other stupid things. But it is also nice too play now and i will for ever love the nD servers!
hybRid

Post by hybRid »

Sino145 wrote:Yeah less campers would make the gameplay more fun..

Without semi-clip blocking is a major problem, with semi-clip camping is a major problem.

I'd like to suggest something about the "oldschool hour"

We could do something similar to what Uhu did. A nD admin comes in-game, changes the map to Zm_dust2, takes away double jump and semi-clip. Then after the map everything goes back to normal and we take peoples feedback. Since Zm_dust2 is a much better map than Fw1 for the old school gameplay some peoples thougths about hating the old game might change.
Don't think that they gonna change it back to oldskool zm cause what ur saying is "people thoughts might change". Homer has that idea with the oldskool hour so we can discuss that into our meetings.
I'v seen many con's about that camping but infact thats the game now .. people just wanna get their ammo pack's and most of them are nonsteamers so they dont know what to do else then camping, its a hard game "zombie" if you are new, but once you have the feeling and movements you forget all about that camp and all u wanna do is hunt so, i think its a bit over re-act about the camp issue..
Show no love, it will only kills u..
Koyumu

Post by Koyumu »

Luna` wrote:the old zm. i miss it rlly, there wasnt any double jump, i remember that we didnt camp, we played zm_dust2 and we all searched for the zombies and hunt them, but NOW we only camp and wait for the zombies and shoot them. 2009 we hadnt any unlimited, i remember that we took the guns on the ground to the place we wanted to hide, and sometimes there was fightings like "nabb this is my gun!!" xD blocking was a huge problem on zm. thats why we had many flamers. it was rlly annoying, but sometimes like u said we had teamwork. We helped each other.
And there was the m6 :D we all did it. Bugging on some places was perfect. Like funworld, we worked together to bug on the top.
Then the rule came "no bugging no m6"
the achievement "get 100 ammo packs" . There wasnt any donations. I had to save my ammo packs to get this achievement. And i remember that i got the 100 ammo packs the last round. i was like "Phew, finally completed"
Ofcourse old zm has his own pros and cons, but i have to say in some cases the new zm has also pros and cons.

i miss 2009 zm :]
Well after reading all your comments, i see the difference between 2011 and now.

I think the main problem isn't linked to plugins (dble jump ... it is not useful in many 'oldschool maps' we had before)

But what i can see is (from regulars/members and some players) a lack of maps and most of you want oldschool maps back (all the fcking funny escape map, laboratory, all first zm maps back to 2009 ..)

So i don't know what to do, I'll talk to zm members, maybe we can organize a mapcycle session to see which old maps we can add now since a lot ppl miss old maps?
These users thanked the author Koyumu for the post:
wei
Queijo da Serra

Post by Queijo da Serra »

Zombie escape maps back like the old times pls :)
ShAl' D.

Post by ShAl' D. »

Well, won't go into the "amg it was better before" because it's of no point (server changes because time changes, that's all).

BUT, I very strongly agree the mapcycle is way poorer than before (by before I mean the period pre-funworld 24/7 appearance), and in a sense kills the gameplay. It must be hard to find maps fitting today's ZP mod I assume.
Well I guess we should, as regulars, hunt for maps on the net to help the staff implementing more good maps.
sILAZS#uNLEASHED wrote:I don't understand why people complain about humans camping, it's what they should do and the only thing they can do ?
Dude please don't say that, that's untrue. Only a majority of people camps actually (and we all know them). Some others still hunt around gladly. Of course they don't reach ridiculously high stats, but who the hell cares really.
sILAZS#uNLEASHED wrote:And about the full servers, well not that many people play on 1.6 anymore. We can't complain about the ZM.
Although, I fully agree on this point and even more: I hope that people saying they "miss the good old times" have in mind that the "good old times" died for a reason: NO players on the servers. I was there (understatement here) when CS4 died. I myself kind of prefer the old gameplay, but well it was a vital necessity to change so yeah.
ICan'tFly wrote:Who's you remember BanAnARePubLicA? -=ERKO=-?
I do :)
"I'll be going now. I'll come back when it's all over" - Aerith (Final Fantasy VII)
todide

Post by todide »

i know this is about 2011 and 2014 but i preferred the nD ZM in 2009-2011 (the old ZM) i remember one particular day where it was zm_dust2_final, i was 10/11 back then so it was 5/4 years ago i remember playing on it with Spato when he used to be a member or admin and with luna when she was a regular, now what was fun was that i was young and i didnt really know how to play properly and then spato and luna helped me with the communication bit that was said in the previous posts, now instead of going for one guy like everyone did, they helped me with the boosting to get to humans it was so fun and competitive,no double jump, no non-block system, it was all about teamwork and i enjoyed it so in my opinion i prefer the old 2009-2011 zm

people were more friendly back then not like now (some guy: "hey how do i do this/how do i do that...") and no one is able to answer while before anyone could answer plus this knock back in the new ZM i dont really like because people tend to abuse the shotguns and always go for my head if im not jumping, but if i am jumping ill just be knocked back, i dont like that part
The Beard

Post by The Beard »

Hey all, been a while, can't say I've tried the new nd yet but may try get on later today, I have to admit tho I'm a bit of an oldskooler camp out the initial out break then go hunting, stockpile your guns and work as a team to keep the zombies pinned, will have to see how the new system works, can't see any of those lone survivor epic battles through the vents working out tho if zombies can pass through each other, or does it work just as well with unlimited ammo?

As much as I like and miss team work in a game I don't think it's so possible nowadays, there used to be a few of us back before I left that would still do it and knew the plan but it was becoming more and more of a solo thing.

Ill hold final judgment till I have tried it, can't really base a decision on comments.
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

Oh Satanssoul has replied, what a surprise. It has been a while indeed, I remember playing with you back when I started in neonDragon and the points you mentioned are very true but unfortunately nowadays that's not how it is. Eitherway, I will let you go and try it out since it's been a few years! Get used to the new gameplay :P

Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Good to hear from you Satan!
cisco

Post by cisco »

hi all

dont forget one thing

you banned too much players thats why

and vips or admins attitude make old players leaving to another servers : world is your, chatchat magic etc etc

2011 was great for ND, 2010, 2009,2008 etc
2014-2013 is shit, i tried to play in Nd but i stop after 5 mn.......

ZOD or RZ zombie servers are the best anyway
i.love.trains

Post by i.love.trains »

THE OLD DIRTY SHIT! :violin:

greetz whYme

whoops
ThePainterUnknown

Post by ThePainterUnknown »

i.love.trains wrote:THE OLD DIRTY SHIT! :violin:

greetz whYme