2011 nD VS 2014 nD

Sino145

2011 nD VS 2014 nD

Post by Sino145 »

Just interested in seeing what you guys have to say about this..

When you look back to the nD around 2011 and compare it to the nD today, which version do you rather?

Not a rant, i like both. Just wondering what you guys rather.

2011 nD
Pros:
Played for fun - Back then nD was played for the fun, very few people gave a crap about score.

More players - The nD servers were almost full all the time, at some times we had 2 full nD servers, now we can hardly reach more than 25 players on 1 server.

Different maps - Different maps were played all the time, which kept players motivated and pleased because the maps were different all the time. I remember totally loving Escape train, Jurassic park and Water park.

Communication and Teamwork - Back then we couldn't walk through each other so everyone had to communicate, when a human was in a unreachable place the zombies needed teamwork and communication to get up there (climbing on each other)

Cons:
Bugging into places - I can say that this was VERY VERY annoying.

Blocking - Blocking was a huge problem but the maps back then were designed so nobody could block.

Flaming - Blocking and bugging into places were leading to a negative community so most players were flaming.

2014 nD
Pros:
Wider gameplay - We can walk through each other so players are more independent which leads to a wider gameplay players can do more stuff this addition also instantly solved almost all problems.

Many positive additions to the game - Donation and others.. You name em..

Cons:
Endless cycle - A map starts, find the best camping spot, wait there until zombies comes, earn aps, round ends, repeat.

Same maps repeatedly played over and over - Kancler, Funworld.

Lack of communication - Since the players are more independent we don't need anybody else but ourselves so the communication in the game is absolutely 0.

Played for score - The 2014 nD is all about score. Who's in the top list, who kills the most zombies, who infects the most humans, who has the best score at the end of the map?
These users thanked the author Sino145 for the post (total 2):
Humm, ICantFly
sILAZS#uNLEASHED

Re: 2011 nD VS 2014 nD

Post by sILAZS#uNLEASHED »

I don't understand why people complain about humans camping, it's what they should do and the only thing they can do ?

And about the full servers, well not that many people play on 1.6 anymore. We can't complain about the ZM.
Sino145

Post by Sino145 »

Not complaining, as i said i like both. Im just wondering which version you rather. Both have pro's and con's. Camping is a part of Zm mode and it will always be that way.
Kr0ppi

Post by Kr0ppi »

hi,

I agree with you :), i miss the old nd zm server ,
Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves;
because you're a reflection of what they wish to be
sILAZS#uNLEASHED

Post by sILAZS#uNLEASHED »

Well I like them both aswell, just sad to see so many people leave 1.6. but it's still standing :)
ICantFly

Post by ICantFly »

Yeah I agree with everything you said. Very smart and wise look at thing's.

Neondragon 2011
Spoiler!

That there were two server's day/night and I remember them as incredible, escape maps were always exciting, but now we have more advance gameplay server is not very full with newb's and they leave easly because of campers! - And so agree with co-op point.

Who's you remember BanAnARePubLicA? -=ERKO=-?
These users thanked the author ICantFly for the post:
Humm
hybRid

Post by hybRid »

Well i never played the old zm server so i cant judge about it,
but there will be new maps coming soon everyday i play funworld like 7/8 times..
sometimes verry annoying, and will see "maybe" some new model..but it is not decided yet
Show no love, it will only kills u..
wei

Post by wei »

the old zm. i miss it rlly, there wasnt any double jump, i remember that we didnt camp, we played zm_dust2 and we all searched for the zombies and hunt them, but NOW we only camp and wait for the zombies and shoot them. 2009 we hadnt any unlimited, i remember that we took the guns on the ground to the place we wanted to hide, and sometimes there was fightings like "nabb this is my gun!!" xD blocking was a huge problem on zm. thats why we had many flamers. it was rlly annoying, but sometimes like u said we had teamwork. We helped each other.
And there was the m6 :D we all did it. Bugging on some places was perfect. Like funworld, we worked together to bug on the top.
Then the rule came "no bugging no m6"
the achievement "get 100 ammo packs" . There wasnt any donations. I had to save my ammo packs to get this achievement. And i remember that i got the 100 ammo packs the last round. i was like "Phew, finally completed"
Ofcourse old zm has his own pros and cons, but i have to say in some cases the new zm has also pros and cons.

i miss 2009 zm :]
These users thanked the author wei for the post:
rayanspawn1
Don't be a Fake of an Original :]
My "Personality" and "Attitude" are differents things. Don't confuse them. My Personality says about "who I am" and my Attitude says about "who you are"
Evil-homer

Post by Evil-homer »

A few months ago when testing a few maps we changed the map to FW1 and uhu removed double jump and the ability to "walk through" each other , kind of made the map "old school"

the vast majority of players hated it and asked for it to be removed right away , i to somtimes miss the old times ,

if enough people would like to play like that then we can look at having a "old school hour"
These users thanked the author Evil-homer for the post (total 2):
ICantFly, wei
Sino145

Post by Sino145 »

Evil-homer wrote:A few months ago when testing a few maps we changed the map to FW1 and uhu removed double jump and the ability to "walk through" each other , kind of made the map "old school"

the vast majority of players hated it and asked for it to be removed right away , i to somtimes miss the old times ,

if enough people would like to play like that then we can look at having a "old school hour"
Fw1 is not really a bright map for the old school gameplay. It's very small and one blocker can basically ruin the game for like 10 players.

I spent a little time looking for good ZM maps and here are some of the good maps for the old school gameplay:
Zm_ice_attack3
Zm_dust2
Zm_ice_attack2
Zm_vendetta
Zm_cbble_kamp
Zm_army

I would totally love to play like the old times :D Hopefully we will get enough players that are interested.
These users thanked the author Sino145 for the post:
wei
hybRid

Post by hybRid »

Sino145 wrote:
Evil-homer wrote:A few months ago when testing a few maps we changed the map to FW1 and uhu removed double jump and the ability to "walk through" each other , kind of made the map "old school"

Fw1 is not really a bright map for the old school gameplay. It's very small and one blocker can basically ruin the game for like 10 players.

I spent a little time looking for good ZM maps and here are some of the good maps for the old school gameplay:
Zm_ice_attack3
Zm_dust2
Zm_ice_attack2
Zm_vendetta
Zm_cbble_kamp
Zm_army

I would totally love to play like the old times :D Hopefully we will get enough players that are interested.
can't say no to that =] more maps more joy, me like oldskool maps and like Homer said we can do oldskl happyhour nice idea tho
Show no love, it will only kills u..
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

There's pretty much a big difference from the zombie server in 2011 compared to now, back then I remember we had CS4 and CS5 which were always full but it got to a point where CS4 started losing players (not sure exactly when) and the zombie members at the time (me, Shal' D, evil-homer, ICantFly and some other regulars at the time like Yeli, Gaddafi, and on) that's when there was a lot of communication between the members and regulars to make that server work out but in the end it got removed and the old funworld turned out to be a normal zombie plague server. That was when it lost a lot of players afterwards, and he had motivation to try our best to keep it full once again.

After the start of 2013, I stopped playing zombie because I find it boring now. Too many people camp, and it's always the same routine like someone has already mentioned. Boring gameplay isn't my type. I remember when ICantFly, Weed, KundVagn, and some other portuguese dude were just always leaping about making some crazy ass moves and making people rage (especially I.love.trains) but now most of the people are just stuck in a hole most of the times.

@ICantFly, I remember Erko and BananaRepublic
These users thanked the author Starzy for the post:
ICantFly

Humm

Post by Humm »

A fun "hour" would not be enough lmao. I left neondragon when they changed the zombie server. Gotta love all these random campers!
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

We at the nD try to tweak everything up so it works at its best and is fun for everyone. Having that in mind when looking at the old gameplay we noticed blocking and flaming; on an online community in which we don't pay members it's very hard to find mature regulars to take care of the 30 blocks that happen every 10 seconds. So to solve that we came up with the semi-clip; people lost the bost over each other so we added double-jump. Result of that was a decrease in moderation to balance the lack of moderators we have, which turned into people not being blocked and rarely flamed. Perhaps on that the gameplay became boring and less exciting but well it's either that or people being banned all the time or being flamed all the time.

+ what homer said. People nowadays are used to the gameplay so mainly the old school people miss the old gameplay, and I'm not sure how many of those old players still hang around and if they would be enough to fill a server.

Just a sidenote: I liked the old gameplay and looking at the discussions and bans was always exciting, but since that was when I was regular and now my "job" is of improving and enhancing the server, me and a few other people worked on the way of balancing the game to the game itself and not the social interaction which was more given to enrage and make people leave in one way or another.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

In addition to Homer and Uhu's well written posts, as Homer says if people like it we can try to find an alternative but the regulars today prefer it how it is atm so either a rare event once in a while or a possible future server for the people that prefer the other mod coz of the aforementioned ppl that prefer to have it like it is now.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Zombie Plague Trash”