5%
Yes, good idea!
95%

Total votes: 38
Koyumu

[POLL] More maps?

Post by Koyumu »

Hey,

When i made the mapcycle for the server 3 years ago, we had like ~150 maps.

Now, in my opinion, there are not enough maps : also, I don't really like most of the maps that are played (I am not a fun world addict for example).

Here is my question : What do you think of adding some oldschool maps (like some zm_d2, zm _assault, laboratory (ftw!), some classic maps from htm ect) ?

Currently, we have good maps in the mapcycle but there are lots of other good maps that aren't played :(

Do you think it can be a good thing for the server or we can lost regulars if we had like ~15-20 old maps back?
Decency
VIP

Re: [POLL] More maps?

Post by Decency »

I don't play at zombie that much but imo more maps wouldn't hurt, so why not
minna

Post by minna »

Ofc zombie needs more maps.
When i was member i tried to schedule maptest but it really didnt work out. Also i think they were suppose to do a maptest not so long after the meeting. Dunno if anything happened.
So yes more maps pls. Old school maps and new maps. I got bored to play same maps over and over again.
Theres a couple fucking junglecats out here..
I live to kill and kill to live.

Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

I agree that adding new (old) maps could change the environment in zombie. The maps in the current mapcycle are either not being played, or overplayed. I myself am also not a big fan on the funworld's so maybe we can go through them Koyumu to see which ones are worth adding?

As for everyone, can you please elaborate your vote? 11 people have voted, and only 3 of them replied in this topic :think:
Koyumu

Post by Koyumu »

Ofc Line! We can do a maptest whenever you want. :)
Player

Post by Player »

I believe the funworld maps are fine as they are. Especially zm_fun_world_2 tends to be a popular decision amongst the players. Most of the time if theirs a vote including funworld2 against any other map on the cycle funworld usually wins 95% of the time.

Maps such as zm_gamebox and zm_zombie_land have been getting alot of complaints recently due to the size and the common lag issues that i and alot of players tend to experience nearly all the time making it impossible to play.

I also believe it's pointless having 2 colores maps as they tend to get repetetive and boring just as the old issue with the 24/7 funworld server, having just one should be a better in my opinion.

I am for new maps as long as their not too large, laggy or repetitive.
These users thanked the author Player for the post:
uhu
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

Yep I also think 2 fw maps and 2 colores is too much. If we're adding new maps then they should be tested first to see if they adapt ok with the semiclip and multijump. I've got nothing against adding new maps but haven't gotten any time to search and test them. Perhaps if people start submiting good and balanced maps we could have many more on the mapcycle by now.
-d4z0'.

Post by -d4z0'. »

Well as it is now there isn't that many maps and same maps get played a lot, adding old maps would sort of solve this, but in a way it wouldn't. Think the way to do it would be having about 50 maps mostly small maps, a couple medium and a couple big ones, to mix it up a bit. The problem wit the old maps is that they are all massive and people get easily bored (since they aren't getting any AP) and leave, that's why I would imagine a lot of people dislike zombie_land. But if the maps are good maps add them in, feel free to invite me to look at the maps you are adding (wouldn't mind helping out).
Queijo da Serra

Post by Queijo da Serra »

I think it's a very good idea.
Why not escape maps ? They're also very nice.
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

I was thinkin' whenever you both (Koyumu and Uhu) have time since I know you 2 should be part of the maptest we could organize one with some maps which you think that could fit good into the mapcycle. Perhaps Lien and homer could be part of the maptest aswell since they both play a lot of zombie and I'm not sure if Classic is settled back or not?

But overall, I'd love to see new maps since the same maps are always being played every time it actually makes some people bored of playing it over again for another 30 mins. Honestly, if zm_fun_world_3 could be swapped with either fun_world_4 or 5 would be great because the bug in yellow has no solution and it's annoying when people get stuck there often. Also as Uhu said, 2 of the colores maps which are basically the same doesn't improve anything so if you could remove one of them would be great in my opinion.
These users thanked the author Starzy for the post:
KyuHyunie~

Koyumu

Post by Koyumu »

Ok!

Thanks for answering. I will organize something soon then ;)
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Koyumu changed to some maps today already. Some of them were good where others were either too overpowered for Zombies/Humans. Anyhow, yeah, I would love to join in to test some maps :)
cisco

Post by cisco »

hello

thats wht i said since 5 months >> all bored maps cause overplayed. Only Koyumu can add some new maps ? others admins scared to see players leave servers after additing new maps !
thats why i play in anothers servers zombies.

i will back soon.
cisco

Post by cisco »

koy

the best maps are the old maps ! we played 3 4 or 5 years ago

you can use double jump in all maps
Last edited by cisco on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

Mind the double posts sir, we will go through all the old maps smoothly and soon enough some of the maps will be added to the mapcycle if they fit into how the gameplay is at the moment (double jump mainly).

Return to “Zombie Plague Trash”