yes - it's Bonkers.

All accepted Applications are stored here.
Bonkers
nD* Jail Member

yes - it's Bonkers.

Post by Bonkers »

You have read correctly. I have decided to take the step applying for nD-membership
and in the next few lines you have the opportunity to comprehend my motives.

- Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18447298
- Nickname: Bonkers
- Sex: Male
- Mic/Record:
Well working microphone and I'm capable of using Gamecam to report Cheaters f.e.. I never reported anyone before,
because everytime I noticed someone hacking or something like that I contacted a member in my steamlist and they did the work. As a member I would take the time to report by myself of course.

- Experience Level:
Except for the fact that I am playing Counter-Strike 1.6 for nearly eight years now,
I have been a member in a small but familial clan named .:nfe:. back some years ago.
On this way I learned early to act mature, tolerant and authoritarian if the situation demands it.
Especially the availability of memberpowers tought me important lessons in justice, equality and responsibility.
Also I am pretty familiar to the nD community. I know the folks and the folks know me.

- Average amount of time on nD servers/day:
I spend time here nearly every day, people know that, and I would say it's something around 4 hours each. Somtimes less, sometimes more.

- When did I start playing on your servers:
Back some years ago I spend a lot of time on the old Surf/Gungame Server and had incredibly much fun
until everthing ended in chaos during the IP-change. I took a break from surfGG until one day I noticed that
"neondragon" offered many different servers. So I checked it out, wondered what "Jailbreak" was,
found out and got addicted to it. That happened in September 2011, over one year ago.
Since that day I've always seen myself as an active regular who spends a lot of time on this communities servers.
To my forum acitivity I honestly have to say that I never really felt myself as a part of this community, so I never really showed any effort in being acitive in the forums, which has changed over the last months. And let me tell you, with the membership I definitely would change myself in this behaviour to whipe away your objections at this point.

- Introduction in my life:
My name is Robert and I'm from Germany. I graduated school two years ago and now I'm studying Occupational Therapy,
so in future I'll be working therapeutically with people suffering from mental and/or psychosocial diseases and deficiencies.
I'm not really interested in sports but all the more in music and instruments!
I'm playing Guitar, Bass and Piano for over nine years now which made me to the Bassist and Singer of an Acoustic Grunge Rockband that I am right now. (fast fingers are helpfull at combo and knifing people during flight!)
If you want to know anything more personal about me, feel free to ask!

- Motivation
All in all you people know me from the time we spent together on the nD servers.
I always try to be calm, understanding, cooperative and tolerant. I'm not offensive to people, nor am I insulting anyone.
If I rage, I'm capable of controling my anger and calm down quickly. Most people know me as a good guy.
Furthermore in the past many people asked me why I don't apply for nD jail membership.
Even if I spend much time on nD Jailbreak I don't think I would fit in there. I would still need a lot more ct training,
especially in commanding many Ts at once without losing the overview.
Nevertheless I also spend a lot of time on the nD Roadrage and actual Surf/Gungame Server.
Less Roadrage because people don't show up there anymore but all the more SurfGG!
Besides jB, I spend most of my nD time on the gungame server. People kinda hate me there because I'm always flying around, suddenly dropping from the sky out of nowhere and knifing everyone all the way to the win :P
Nevertheless I am Rank#2 with roundabout 15k points at this moment.
So that should tell a lot about my position on this server and the amount of time I spend there.
Also I less think people hate me, in fact they feel some sort of reverence and kinda fear me unconsciously
which gives me the authority that I need as a nD Fun Member.
The thing is, I really play a lot here. I love this community and I love its members, regulars, flamers, admins, ragers, goodguys, badguys, douchebags, legends, spammers, kiddies, stories and especially it's kind, familial way of getting along which eachother. And I would like to be part of this community, not as a regular but as a full member.
Because after over one year spending time with you guys, I feel as one.
I don't see myself in the Jailbreak-Team but as someone who is mature and responsible enough to
support this community not only by his daily presence, but also by his calm, tolerant and sympathetic person in general.
At this point I have to refer to the time I was VIP here.
Some people will say: Mopmopmop I saw him abusing noclip!!amg11
First of all I am not paying money for the membership so I treat it with responsibility and respect not as something I paid cash for, wanting to savour it. So relax, Membership is a whole different thing for me as being a 7,99€ VIP.
In my opinion I would fit into your community as a member pretty well.
I am active, mature and polite. Vote for yes And times on the nD Fun servers will be saver in future!
- because a well known regular transforms into a member, as a new Sheriff in town,
the new Watchman, if you want to.

Feel free to ask anything more and please give me an honest reply.
So far - many greets from rainy and cold Germany,
B.

edited: P.S. Like I said Forum Activity and Reporting are two things I am willingly working on at the moment. It's no problem for me to change in that point at all so if you'd give me the chance to proof it, I certainly will not disgrace my famirrrrryy!
Last edited by Bonkers on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author Bonkers for the post:
Kwaakt
Cognitive reflection means nothing less but the universe getting aware of itself.
If we both talk to eachother about cognitive reflection,
the universe talks with itself about itself, reflecting itself by itself about it's own selfreflection.
QuickSilver

Re: yes - it's Bonkers.

Post by QuickSilver »

Hi Robert,
To my forum acitivity I honestly have to say that I never really felt myself as a part of this community, so I never really showed any effort in being acitive in the forums, which has changed over the last months. And let me tell you, with the membership I definitely would change myself in this behaviour to whipe away your objections at this point.
In my opinion this should be the other way around.

Other than that, I don't feel I can comment on your application, since I never play with you in the same server and don;t really know you. But I have to say, very nice application, kudos for that!

Good luck.
.gif © Kwaakt
minna

Post by minna »

I cant really give you yes or no since i havent played with you in ages. And i dont really play at fun servers really much.

But i do know you a bit as a person. You are indeed mature and calm in my eyes. You can fool around also but not in a bad way.
If you use those qualitys while trying to moderate the server then its all good.
Tho i havent really seen many reports from you and its known that fun servers are full of cheaters.
All i can say is wish you good luck!
(If i start bumping into you more, ill give a better opinion)
These users thanked the author minna for the post:
Bonkers
Theres a couple fucking junglecats out here..
I live to kill and kill to live.

xReii^

Post by xReii^ »

Hey fella , your application is abit long to read :whistle: take this as a pro

Anyways , you seem like a nice guy your active in surf alot , your active on the forums , the only con i can see is your reports but that said anything is fixabel your defenely worth a shot so a yes from me gl fella =)
These users thanked the author xReii^ for the post:
Bonkers
Coby

Post by Coby »

cba in readin' your apply, but nice work, shows that you really want this imo.

Pro's
- Active (I guess, thió I never really see you but then again I only play jb)
- Friendly
- Mic
- Maturity
- /lr maniac

Neutrals
- Forum activity

Pro's
- Never really seen you being dedicated in helping people out/explaining stuff
- Can snap a phew 'ragin' words from time to time
- Don't see you as an athourity person, I think you'd be too kind & not want to harm your friends

It's a blank from me, Gl bonkers!
:=)
some people make it rain…. but im so chill i make it snow.
Jellow

Post by Jellow »

A question before I reply to you bonkers. Could you tell me how your time on the servers is devided.

Lets say you play 4 hours a dag, thats 28 hours a week. How much of that is jailbreak/fun/zombie?
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

Hi there! I almost only play on the jail server so i'll judge you from what I've seen there!
I'll just go straight to the Pro's/Cons!

Pro's
- Mature[Barely sees you rage, only when there's a really obvious freekill, maybe this would change to a switch/slay if you DO get membership, who knows]
- Friendly
- Fun to play with
- You're sticking out the crowd[cause you're good at getting LRs/owning at surfgg]
- As you said, people know who you are!

Neutrals
- I said you're friendly, but you're often way too friendly, you never show who the "boss" is, you should try doing this to people[maybe if they harass somoene you should say shush, or just something that makes 'em go quiet.

Cons
- Forum activity
- Never seen you help out [or try to stop fights

Conclusion
For now it's a Blank leaning towards a big fat yesOfcourse, this is still my view from the JB server.
With all this said I actually would like to see you as a member if you fix the Neutrals/Cons!

Good Luck Bonkers!
These users thanked the author Decency for the post:
Bonkers
Laprot the Freekiller

Post by Laprot the Freekiller »

First off i wanna say, i'm rather suprised that you decided to apply on the FUN team. Mainly cause i've seen you around most on jb and i think you would do a much better job as a JB member.

Pro's

- Known by the people in-game.
- Mature (everytime i see you online, you always keep your calm and bring joy to the server you're playing on. You also show by your age that you're easy to talk to and have a honest opinion)
- Rule knowledge (what i've noticed from in-game you are pretty familiar with the rules)
- Activty (both on JB and FUN)

Things to work with:

- Forum activity, as you mentioned you are currently working on it.
- Reporting, since you're applying on fun you should have some good knowledge about cheating since they are plenty of them on those servers. So please try to show us some good reports so we can actually see some of your knowledge there.

But well...
I see you as a good addition for the team both for FUN and JB.
You're a cool guy which you should keep being, so don't change yourself completely just because you want membership. Because people mostly like you in-game cause you're funny and make the gaming atmosphere more fun when you're around.

Yes
These users thanked the author Laprot the Freekiller for the post (total 2):
Bonkers, Dangan
"A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful."
Spiitzz

Post by Spiitzz »

Pros
- Mature
- Friendly
- Experience
- Application

Neutral
- Forum activity

Cons
- I don't see you help out that often
- Reports, you should start reporting more since you have to do this as a member
- I'm not sure how you would handle the powers if some of your friends did something wrong

Conclusion
I will give you a blank leaning towards a yes, if you are able to raise your forum activity and change some of the cons I will give you a yes. Good luck Bonkers! :)
These users thanked the author Spiitzz for the post:
Bonkers
Bonkers
nD* Jail Member

Post by Bonkers »

first of all thanks for those replies so far!
to Jellow: Well it depends. Most of the time I start on the Fun-servers to get warm. This mostly takes around 2 hours.
usually I switch to jailbreak after that and there I spend so much time as I can offer. If I got band practice f.e. at that day
I'm rather online in the evening for a couple of hours.
On some other days, I am playing jB for 9 hours or something. On some other days I'm playing surf gungame exclusively.
It really depends but I'd say it's balanced so far.
I'm not that often online at Zombie because it's simply too noisy there! If I play Zombie it's mostly in the night because it's the only server that got people on it during nighttime. And the damn noise keeps me awake.
Like I said, I used to spend a lot of time on Roadrage aswell. Since less people are visiting, my passion for RR is ebbing. As a Fun-Server represantative, in form of a member, I would change on that aswell to do my job properly.
The 4 hours/day i mentioned in my application is basically the average minimum of time I spend here.

To the others: You don't see me reporting because in my eyes it somehow always was a "member-job". Sorry btw if I got that wrong. I am well known in using Gamecam and filling out a correct report.
Again: In the past I simply contacted members when I noticed hackers, so they could do their "job".
So I kiiiiiiiinda reported much! - just not in the forums... (lien and some other members will know)
On the other hand I really am helping people a lot. Even if it may not seems to be that way,
because again, I see it as a job for members. It's their duty to help people out.
And to be honest at this point: If no member is online I really help out a lot. In small things aswell as at bigger issues.
I remember one night, where some other guy and me explained the whole concept of jailbreak to an unknown person from GB
during the night. Took us roundabout two hours but since that night I'm meeting this dude at the jB server several times.
But again - I would raise my effort if someone lay the duty in my hands.

last part: @Laprot In the first place I simply like to be a solid part of this community. If you people think I fit,
I also would take a place in the jB-Team if people want to see me there. For my part I think I'm not quite ready for that job.
If you think different, let me know! Maybe I got a wrong view of myself in that point.
Cognitive reflection means nothing less but the universe getting aware of itself.
the universe talks with itself about itself, reflecting itself by itself about it's own selfreflection.
Jellow

Post by Jellow »

Bonkers wrote:first of all thanks for those replies so far!
to Jellow: Well it depends. Most of the time I start on the Fun-servers to get warm. This mostly takes around 2 hours.
usually I switch to jailbreak after that and there I spend so much time as I can offer. If I got band practice f.e. at that day
I'm rather online in the evening for a couple of hours.
On some other days, I am playing jB for 9 hours or something. On some other days I'm playing surf gungame exclusively.
It really depends but I'd say it's balanced so far.
I'm not that often online at Zombie because it's simply too noisy there! If I play Zombie it's mostly in the night because it's the only server that got people on it during nighttime. And the damn noise keeps me awake.
Like I said, I used to spend a lot of time on Roadrage aswell. Since less people are visiting, my passion for RR is ebbing. As a Fun-Server represantative, in form of a member, I would change on that aswell to do my job properly.
The reason why I am asking is this because you state yourself (and self awareness is the first step to fixing this) is that you have yet to figure out the rules of jailbreak to the point where you would feel comfertable being a member. Now lets say your time is spend 50/50 between jail and fun that means for about 14 hours a week you are a member in the jailbreak server. You apply to be a member of the community, not just the fun team (thats why it's quite easy to switch between teams). So I am a bit skeptical about this, I've seen a couple of fun members spend a ton of time in jail where they do not seem to fit and make wrong choises.

I will give this a bit of tought, since you should be aware what is expected of you as an overal member, not just a "fun" member. I'll try to reply tonight writing up so pro's and con's.

BTW i said this before, but I'll say it again, I see you are thanking every yes you get, but I see coby's blank post (that is also well build and has some good points) doesn't get a thank you. Now I don't see a reason to thank every post in your application, but if you incist on doing this, don't only thank the people that agree with you joining, it makes you look very insecure and weak (just my $0,02 tough).
Bonkers
nD* Jail Member

Post by Bonkers »

to jellow: Probably I really got a slightly different view of the different "Teams" and their duties in that point.
But - the fact that I spend as much time on the jailbreak- as on the Fun servers should strenghten
the necessity of me being a member then, doesn't it? I'm deployable, tought and aware of rules in many ways.
Those "thanks" for the yes-votes are more ment as a brief reply. I'm happy about every kind of answer
so It's not really an evaluation for me, more a short way to say: "Cool, Bro!"
But, you're right indeed, It actually creates the image of being "soooo happy that someone actually voted yes!".
I will be aware of this one in the future.
- not to justify myself in that point, just for your further information.
Think of it thoroughly.
Jellow

Post by Jellow »

Bonkers wrote:The fact that I spend as much time on the jailbreak- as on the Fun servers should strenghten
the necessity of me being a member then, doesn't it? I'm deployable, tought and aware of rules in many ways.
Well there is absolutely no necessity that you should be a member. The fact you play a lot in both server might work for you, but it doesnt make you being a member necessary (maybe you didn't mean it this way). I will however give you the fact that this gives you a good basis for being a member, since you played both sides.

I said I would do this tonight, but I think I can pretty much sum things up:

Pro's:

- Excellent English
- A quite well written application (only thing that bothers me to hell is you stopping sentences after a while and making a new line, I guess so give your post more body?)
- Really active (be carefull this doesn't get you bored real fast)
- Aware of all the servers and atleast in jailbreak known by the people
- Commands in jailbreak
- Age and maturity

Blanks

- I see you interact with the community but I don't see you helping out
- You don't really stand out, but you don't fly under the radar either, can't really get a good feel for this :)

Con's

- You state you play a ton of jailbreak but aren't fully aware of the rules yet and therefore feel more comfertable in the fun team, this makes me feel like it's an application for the jailteam but posted in fun cuz this should give you a better chance. This might not be the case, but this is how it feels.
- Forum activity isnt that great
- You seemed to think reporting and banning is a members task, this isn't the case, everyone should chip in on this

I think what it comes down to for me personally is how I would see you in the jailteam. This is the only place I run into you and the only actions I can really judge you on. I know this is an application for the funteam, but since you play about 50/50 I think I should be able to judge you on your jail behavior aswell.
So based on this I would like to see some improvement from you. I want you to stand out, maybe help some people out, warn a couple of people whatever (don't overdo it, that won't end well, just do what feels natural). I would like to see you have a good understand of the rules and feel comfertable with them and finally there should be a ton of cheaters in surf and assault, so slapping a couple of reports on the forums the comming weeks shouldn't be a problem.

I think this application is quite late in the month and could be left open after the admin meeting, so I guess you have time to improve.
Untill then I would give you a blank, you are a nice guy and I would like to see you shape up and join. If I see improvement I will change my vote.

Good luck and sorry for being a bit questioning, I just think applications should also be a platform to ask you questions :), I hope you don't mind.
These users thanked the author Jellow for the post (total 2):
Bonkers, Bokito
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Hey Bonkers, Ill make my list for both Fun and Jail :)

Pro's

- You are known
- You know (most of) the rules
- You are calm (never see you rage)
- You have the required age to apply
- You made a nice long application and your English is perfect ;)
- You been around for a long time and your ingame activity is very much up to date
- You play loads on the fun and jailbreak server(s). And you enjoy doing so.
- You have a mic and are willing to use it.

Neutrals

- You havent reported but I dont see that as a con, since you call us when you see a cheater.
- (^,) Your forum activity could be worked on, its a bit meh now.
- You dont really help out in the funservers (isnt really that much to do either tbh), but I do see you helping out in Jail.

Con's

- I dont really have any cons :think:

Conclusion

I think you are up for being a member, you have what it takes to become one. You are friendly, active, known by most and I overall see no true cons for you. You will get my yes and I wish you the best of luck!
These users thanked the author Lien~ for the post (total 2):
Bonkers, xReii^
Jumps7yl3r

Post by Jumps7yl3r »

All pro's and con's have been listed what I can point out of em is that people like you and you know how to act in any situation so with that said i hope you get membership. Yes
Image Image

Return to “Accepted Applications”