Do you think dreams mean something?

Zacky

Do you think dreams mean something?

Post by Zacky »

By dreams I mean serious dreams. Not ridicoulus dreams where you gain flying abilites and lightsabers or nightmares.

I mean dreams that change the way you think. Dreams that affect you very much and you keep thinking about it. Dreams that can make you very happy or depressed. Dreams that change who you are. Do you think they are trying to tell you something?

No trolling or flameposting here, please. This is a serious topic to me.
Lien~

Re: Do you think dreams mean something?

Post by Lien~ »

Nice topic Zacky!! Yes i do believe that dreams mean something. I actually had a period in life some years ago in which i went over to a person who explained me my dreams etc. I learned alot out of it. I would deffo go back to that person if i knew how to contact her.
GuuhaN

Post by GuuhaN »

I always dream bad things what happen before in my life which make me sad.
Mostly I dream about those, but sometimes fantasy too :p
Spoiler!
QuickSilver

Post by QuickSilver »

Interesting topic Zacky.

At times I have dreams that can really fuck me up for a day. Like my desire is taking over my will or whatever. It sees to it that I wake up really confused and feel confused until the afternoon or so, just because I keep thinking about it and the dream keeps bugging me in the back of my mind. Sometimes I really wonder if my dream is trying to make me realize something or to get me to take action about certain things.

That said, so far I haven't let a dream lead me as my mind (rational as ever) takes over in the end. I really do wonder though if your sub-conscious sometimes tries to get you to do things that you normally wouldn't do. I'm not a spiritual person at all, but if a dream fucks you up, you tend to try and rationalize it, but you can't.
These users thanked the author QuickSilver for the post:
Zacky
.gif © Kwaakt
Путинтебяобстрелит

Post by Путинтебяобстрелит »

I had so freaking mutch nightmares. ther was alot of things happen :(
16:28 - .Cell.: cause ur black
Russia will rape ya.
Zacky

Post by Zacky »

QuickSilver wrote:Interesting topic Zacky.

At times I have dreams that can really fuck me up for a day. Like my desire is taking over my will or whatever. It sees to it that I wake up really confused and feel confused until the afternoon or so, just because I keep thinking about it and the dream keeps bugging me in the back of my mind. Sometimes I really wonder if my dream is trying to make me realize something or to get me to take action about certain things.

That said, so far I haven't let a dream lead me as my mind (rational as ever) takes over in the end. I really do wonder though if your sub-conscious sometimes tries to get you to do things that you normally wouldn't do. I'm not a spiritual person at all, but if a dream fucks you up, you tend to try and rationalize it, but you can't.
So you think dreams appear from our desires showing us what we want or to realise and take actions about certain things. I highly appreciate your reply, QuickSilver! Thanks!

If anyone has ever had a dream like this and doesn't mind sharing it, please do so!
Mati

Post by Mati »

Just for clarification: I think there are 2 different forms of "meaning". 1) The meaning of the dream itself, story-wise and 2) The meaning (as in reason) for the dream to occur. We're talking about the second I guess?
lol
Zacky

Post by Zacky »

Mati wrote:Just for clarification: I think there are 2 different forms of "meaning". 1) The meaning of the dream itself, story-wise and 2) The meaning (as in reason) for the dream to occur. We're talking about the second I guess?
Both.
Mati

Post by Mati »

I think serious dreams are not so much different from other dreams, apart from its content. I think that every dream serves the purpose of (subconscious) information and scenarios getting processed by the brain, which probably wouldn't be processed in a conscious state the same way.

So the meaning I see behind dreams is to go through unusual stuff, or testing things. Connecting things with each other that wouldn't have been connected otherwise. And thus, the story doesn't have to make sense, but you can probably make assumptions as to why specific scenarios got processed.
These users thanked the author Mati for the post:
Zacky
lol
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

Certainly when I dream sometimes it becomes true, or if it doesn't then there's a certain occasion when somethings going on and I just see a Déjà vu which confuses me a lot of times, then throughout the rest of the day I just keep thinking if that really happened before in real life or it was a dream. However, I think dreams are some kind of sign which is meant to make you realize that something is going to happen, even if it's what doesn't happen in the dream but something that has to do with that particular dream.

Marksel

Post by Marksel »

Mati wrote:I think serious dreams are not so much different from other dreams, apart from its content. I think that every dream serves the purpose of (subconscious) information and scenarios getting processed by the brain, which probably wouldn't be processed in a conscious state the same way.
This.
However, I feel like when you have a reoccurring dream (which I have, a lot, I have probably had the same dream over a thousand times in my life) then there is something in your sub-conscience nagging at you to deal with a certain thing or something along those lines, but afaik those don't really occur unless you are consciously aware that this is something you need to deal with anyway.

I must say, when it comes to gaming, especially in a competative way, I usually do most of the base of theorycrafting while asleep :D <-- epic timesaver
ImageImage
Zacky

Post by Zacky »

Thanks for your replies. I see how you think.

Does anyone have a dream like this that they don't mind sharing?

And I didn't create this thread out of general wonderment. I created it for a purpose (I recently had one of these types of dreams yes)
Jumps7yl3r

Post by Jumps7yl3r »

You know some dreams can actually predict the future, more or less accurate ofc, but the interesting part is that dreams that come to us as revelations usually show us what type of person we are or someone else is and they even give us more enlightment on a subject. At least that is what I can say from my personal experience. Like everyone said : Nice topic.
Image Image
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Sometimes my dreams tend to predict the future, it's pretty weird. And I get this picture of the exact same way it looked in my dream and I get this nefarious feeling of deja vu.

In addition, lucid dreaming is fun, happened a few times of my life.. sometimes when you know you're dreaming you can take over what's going on.

Once I had a pretty weird experience.
I was in Lebanon and I was sleeping about dodging a shark underwater, I knew it was a dream so I woke up and I was like, "okay don't get the same dream again don't get the dream again" and I felt like I was chained to my bed, if I tried to get up my entire body was sleeping so heavily that I couldn't move an inch. Then when I was "mentally/physically being pulled back" I went back to my dream and continued it while knowing I was dreaming I tried to escape it.. I don't remember more but it was flippin' weird. Was young as well.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Zacky

Post by Zacky »

Thanks for your reply, Jumpstyler :P

Shadi wrote:Sometimes my dreams tend to predict the future, it's pretty weird. And I get this picture of the exact same way it looked in my dream and I get this nefarious feeling of deja vu.

In addition, lucid dreaming is fun, happened a few times of my life.. sometimes when you know you're dreaming you can take over what's going on.

Once I had a pretty weird experience.
I was in Lebanon and I was sleeping about dodging a shark underwater, I knew it was a dream so I woke up and I was like, "okay don't get the same dream again don't get the dream again" and I felt like I was chained to my bed, if I tried to get up my entire body was sleeping so heavily that I couldn't move an inch. Then when I was "mentally/physically being pulled back" I went back to my dream and continued it while knowing I was dreaming I tried to escape it.. I don't remember more but it was flippin' weird. Was young as well.
Sleep paralysis?

Return to “Trash (The Lounge)”