Level system + UPGRADES **Update**

Ex1ne^

Level system + UPGRADES **Update**

Post by Ex1ne^ »

Level's & Upgrades Update

Hello, some time this week (will be announced), the level system with upgrades I have been working on, is going to be added to the server.
The level's are from 0-50 and will use the current points system. But note to all tho. When you go to the server after the update, and get a kill.
Your level will shoot from 0 to like 7-15 depending on your current point's.

The upgrades uses it's own currency, so you do not level down if you purchase something expensive.
The current upgrades are :
  • Health - Upgrades 10 hp at a time. Max Upgrades: 5.
  • Mario Teleport Chance - Upgrades 10% at a time. Max upgrades: 5.
  • Respawn Chance - Upgrades 10% at a time. Max upgrades: 5.
  • Lower Gravity - Single upgrade > 700 (CS Gravity). On/Off option.
  • Surf Kit Chance - Upgrades 10% at a time. Max upgrades: 5. (Surf Kit : Shotgun, Deagle & Grenades)
  • Double Damage (Scout) - Single upgrade.
  • nD Knife - Single Upgrade. Of/Off option. Uses the Knife model found Here.
These users thanked the author Ex1ne^ for the post:
Blaze
kami (GER]

Re: Level system + UPGRADES **Update**

Post by kami (GER] »

will the level be saved after leaving the server or mapchange or does it reset every new connection?
Image Image
Ex1ne^

Post by Ex1ne^ »

It saves the level and the upgrades currency in an external file. (nVault)
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

hmm. lets see how it will be.
Image Image
Coby

Post by Coby »

sound's awsome, great job ex1ne :clap: (if it works out).
:=)
some people make it rain…. but im so chill i make it snow.
Dangan

Post by Dangan »

It will be deffinately something new & can be a succes.
Good job everyone who has worked on this project.
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

I've tried this and I think it will work out and possibly will attract more regulars, good job Ex1ne ;)

Ying and Yang

Post by Ying and Yang »

Me no like. I have nothing against levels and such, but I don't want it to become a wc3 server. I mean come on... gravity... respawn... only thing I could consider is things like more money after each round and other small stuff like hats.
These users thanked the author Ying and Yang for the post (total 2):
eDi =), Spiitzz
Liiinosh

Post by Liiinosh »

Dafuq is this?
Spiitzz

Post by Spiitzz »

Great.. now when the ski2 server is doing great the shit is getting added ? I won't bother trying to fill up or play at the server anymore.
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

Sp!!tZz^!!<3 wrote:Great.. now when the ski2 server is doing great the shit is getting added ? I won't bother trying to fill up or play at the server anymore.
Like everything this will be tested and if it works stays, if not removed. Either way wait to try it before giving a remark as " the shit is getting added". You don't know how much time and effort people puts in these things to just come and say that.
Spiitzz

Post by Spiitzz »

uhu wrote:
Sp!!tZz^!!<3 wrote:Great.. now when the ski2 server is doing great the shit is getting added ? I won't bother trying to fill up or play at the server anymore.
Like everything this will be tested and if it works stays, if not removed. Either way wait to try it before giving a remark as " the shit is getting added". You don't know how much time and effort people puts in these things to just come and say that.
I know that they use alot of time on it, but it reminds me too much of superhero/wc3 mod, and that's even worse than deathmatch combinded with surf. And imo the ski2 server was doing great and had enough plug-in's
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

.... you could listen to the suggestions given in the first place..
Can I ask who asked for this???
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Pukata
neonDragon Admin

Post by Pukata »

Sp!!tZz^!!<3 wrote:
uhu wrote:
I know that they use alot of time on it, but it reminds me too much of superhero/wc3 mod, and that's even worse than deathmatch combinded with surf. And imo the ski2 server was doing great and had enough plug-in's
Its nothing like superhero/wc3, altho gravity is abit questionable. Atm the player that got the most points on server has around 8k points. Cash will be like on the jailbreak server, hard to earn, since u need alot of kills to get cash in order to make your upgrades. Everything is based on chances.
•Mario Teleport Chance - Upgrades 10% at a time. Max upgrades: 5.
•Respawn Chance - Upgrades 10% at a time. Max upgrades: 5.
•Surf Kit Chance - Upgrades 10% at a time. Max upgrades: 5. (Surf Kit : Shotgun, Deagle & Grenades)
This basically means that if you buy 1 of these 1 time, you get 10% chance of spawning with the item you upgraded. It wont mean you will earn it every round. When upgrading to max for ex. mario teleport, you get 50% chance of getting teleported there. Same with respawn, upgraded to max - 50% chance of respawn if you die.

These are items that you cant just get right away when you join the server. They have to be earned over time, and you have to gather cash (which will be bit hard to get) in order to buy your upgrades.

Before you start disliking this upgrading and level system, you need the reason behind it:

We all noticed the increase of popularity on speedrun and zm, and thats caused by 1 thing. Making the game more addicting and fun. Atm our surf server isnt much diffrent from many other surf servers, which means there is very much competiton, and our server is just a "normal" surf server, and nothing new for players to experience. With this upgrading system, we give the players a REASON
to play on the surf server, so they can become better with trying to get these upgrades. The whole "inviting players" consept has failed, and we havent used that at all on speedrun and zm to make those 2 servers popular again. What is required is a change of gameplay to something more fun and addicting, which these upgrades will get us.

According to the hlstats which we closely monitor often we have the following stats for surf: Tracking 4,842 players (+90 new players last 24h) - Everyday from what we have montiored, we have 70-120 NEW players who joins the server everyday. With new i mean players that has never connected to the server before. Atm from gametracker we have the following stats:

As you all can see, something isnt right. If we get this many new players a day, why are the playernumber on server so low?.. simply because people are too bored. When zm was at its lowest, we had around 60 new players a day (altho i admit it was due to the server not being nonsteam at that time). When we finaly made it nonsteam along with the changes, more and more players started to stay, and the average number of players a day started rising to average of 14 players a day (it was 7 average a day before). That is a double increasment of players, by completely remaking the zm mod we had. (zm mod a month ago and now is far the same now). We dropped the idea of copying the best of other zm servers, and making something that was our own. (credit to uhu for that)
Now we tryed doing the same to speedrun, but we had to take diffrent steps toward speedrun, by fixing all map spawns, fixing all plugins so all players were able to play, and none was spectator, and last adding the music option for entertainment while speedrunning. Deleting all stats, to give back some excitment to speedrun. Both servers had major changes in plugins and gameplay and look at the servers today. Join around 15-17 and you see BOTH servers full.

Now the time for surf has come, we remake the gameplay to something better, but without screwing up the gameplay too much for the current players. Changes will come slowly like on zm and speedrun, and everything will be propperly tested, to make sure nothing is unfair or gives an huge advantage in gameplay. The first step will be to add these upgrades. The best thing about these upgrades, is that everything is based on randomness, and things like respawn will not occour all the time. The upgrades will finaly give a purpose to keep playing on the surf server, instead of players just randomly joining, surf around a little and leave again, we offer them something other surf servers dosent have, which will increase the chances of them staying.
These users thanked the author Pukata for the post:
uhu
Laprot the Freekiller

Post by Laprot the Freekiller »

Surf_ski_2 attracts lots of players everyday, but like pukata mentioned. They don´t stay! so we need to make our server let´s say (standing out of the crowd).
I mean this mod seems quite intresting and at the same time dosn´t screw up much of the regular surf gameplay.
nor im really not a fan of the gravity (But idk) i can not judge anything to it has been set have.
(Don´t judge the book by its cover)
Either it will be awesome and grow up to a populated server (21/21) Cause that´s what we really want!
or it will be a total miss (Then we simply just put back the regular one) and try to figure out a new idea.

When i come to nD I wanna see all the servers filled like it was before. About surf, it´s around 4 - 10 daily and yes it´s okay but that´s not a goal....Our goal is to reach 20+ daily on the surf!
Also Exine have been working really hard on this which we should really apperciate, me myself would be very pissed off. If people started ditching it before it has even been added.
"A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful."

Return to “Surf-Gungame Trash”