[Accepted] panda

All accepted Applications are stored here.
Panda
nD* Jail Member

panda

Post by Panda »

- Steam ID : STEAM_0:0:123840988

- In-Game Name: panda

- Experience Level : I used to be a Jail Member a while back for over a year, moderated a couple servers/forums in the past, some on Arma 3 and rest of CS 1.6.

- How active are you : Right now until September-ish I can be very active (as I have been for the last couple of weeks..). During the quarantine I can pretty much play whenever and for however long, but once thats over I'll have some stuff to do so I'll be slightly more busy but won't be noticeable, 1.6 is pretty much the game I play the most now since JB is a lot more active. After September I my activity wouldn't drop to nothing but I'll start uni again so might be worse than right now.

- when did you start playing on our servers :
I started playing in 2009ish? I don't remember the exact time but around 10 years ago, It was probably one of the first servers I ever played on 1.6.. There have been a lot of ups and downs for me on here especially when I first joined but I'm a lot older so its all good.

- Tell us about you, your life in general : I do quite a lot when I'm away from my computer, Just finished my first year at uni after taking a year off and have had all my exams cancelled so I have no work to do :D I study Mechanical Engineering if anyone is curious. I have a part time job to fund my fun irl, I bought a motorbike recently and looking to upgrade to something like a zx6r later in the year so will be slaving myself away once quarantine is over to be able to afford that :), Sadly everything is expensive so wont be fun :/ I have a lot of hobbies which we can talk about in private if you'd like :)

- Whats your motivation, and what do you tend to bring to this community : Well for a while I thought it was the end of Jailbreak because the server was dead for a while but clearly quarantine has given people a lot of time so it has picked up recently.. I enjoyed being a member before and I think I did a decent job.. I was quite strict though and I think my methods would be changed slightly, but you can expect a similar attention to detail as before. Currently the server tends to fill up quite quickly and even though members and admins are good they aren't always there when stuff happens so it would be nice to be able to help and contribute where I can, It can be frustrating when there is a rage hacker on and people start to leave because of it or ct's are screwing around. I think I can be a good example to players, I command quite often as it's my preferred side to play on and I think new players can learn quite a bit from older players when it comes to that. I think I can also bring fairness and ensure everyone who plays enjoys themselves. The outcome of this app won't change much for me as a player but I think I can do some good in how the server turns out with the nice influx of players.

I welcome any comments below..

Take care all!
SosA

Re: panda

Post by SosA »

I vouch for Mr. Panda, he was a great member before and will still be! Played with him couple of times these last weeks and very bad commander with always playing the story game! Anyway, you have my vote!

Best Regards
SosA’
These users thanked the author SosA for the post:
Panda
MEEEEEEAAAAAAT!
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

aaaaaaayewelcome back bandaaaaaaa +1
These users thanked the author Medusa for the post:
Panda
Bob Vegana

Post by Bob Vegana »

Take this +1/yes/vouch or whatever it is anymore from me mate.
These users thanked the author Bob Vegana for the post:
Panda
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Medusa wrote:aaaaaaayewelcome back bandaaaaaaa +1
Hunie wrote:Take this +1/yes/vouch or whatever it is anymore from me mate.
Shadi wrote: Follow the guidelines to reply on an application or don’t bother replying.
These users thanked the author ZeRo#1 for the post:
Panda
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

In addition to what Zero said, you are making the applicant's chances lower of being accepted because we nullify your opinion when they aren't following our guidelines.

Please type your answer in a way that your opinion is actually respected and considered.
These users thanked the author Shadi for the post:
Panda
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
S.W.A.T

Post by S.W.A.T »

Panda, we talked already on steam that you should apply. I put Our friendship apart you were a great member before you have a big experience you've been here for years you know how it goes you re mature you know how to handle the server, you know a lot about membership and how it works I got a lot of helping advices from you when I first got member that really helped I can see you as member since you join a lot and a lot of time server needs a moderator So its a Yes goodluck!
These users thanked the author S.W.A.T for the post (total 2):
SNap, Panda
" You must do the things you think you cannot do "

Eleanor Roosevelt.
Kurza

Post by Kurza »

we played a couple of rounds together and must say that youre a really fun commander which tries to make the day as fun as possible, you were a member before im sure you have enough experience, always moderates and shows off newbies the rules. as for the cons i dont have any. yes from me lad gl
These users thanked the author Kurza for the post:
Panda
Moee

Post by Moee »

I'll be honest me and panda are not close friends so i am gonna judge him from what i saw in-game

He is Mature enought ,Cool guy , Funny commander I mean he does fk some times and who doesn't? i saw him moderating the cts a lot nowdays. I was not there when he was a member i joined after sadly . he totaly deserve the member spot and i heard you once saying ( those guys need guidance) on top of that people listen to you when you don't have powers i mean i do most of them do because they like you. gl i wish you get accepted
These users thanked the author Moee for the post:
Panda
~LITE~

Post by ~LITE~ »

you are mature buddy.
respectful and creative. i think i can add anything as a compliment
you deserve to be a member and i really want too see that
wish you good luck with a big yes
These users thanked the author ~LITE~ for the post:
Panda
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Hello Panda,

nice to see your application. I observed you now for almost a month bcs I had my doubts before. I had some bad feeling bcs I honestly did not like you back in the days at all. Which was by the way years ago.
Now after I played a lot with you, I see you as a big friend of mine now. You changed a lot in the better way in my opinion.

You bring fun to the servers, you command a lot and the biggest pro I see in you is, that IF you do a mistake you are able to admit it and to apologize afterwards for it. Which not everyone is able to do. This will again lead to it that regulars will forgive your mistake and will still be able to continue playing with a smile in their face which is what we want for jb.

I wish you would contribute a bit more at forum in topics to share your nD experience with us or others and maybe if needed to report rulebreakers or the ones who are insultive/harassive.
I'm sure you will fit well in the team and it would be a pleasure for me to work together with you.

Therefor you get a clearly -Yes- from me

Good luck buddie!
These users thanked the author ZeRo#1 for the post (total 2):
MADLIFE!, Panda
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

Extended

You did a decent job last time you were a member, and we still see potential in you. However, we do not feel we have had time to get to know the new panda, thus, we will need more time to evaluate.

I will urge to to participate in discussions, and topics on the forums. That way people who do not necessarily play the same hours or servers as you can paint a picture of who you are.

Good luck with your application!
Regards,
zapt0r
Путинтебяобстрелит

Post by Путинтебяобстрелит »

Pretty chill guy, played with him the last weeks and I can see he is chill in a "member situation" . He stays calm pretty much all the time, and would like to see him as a member for JB. You got my vote^^
16:28 - .Cell.: cause ur black
Russia will rape ya.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Think I'm finally ready to reply to this app.

Hi panda.

Oh god how do I make these lists again.

Pros
- You're a stupidly strong commander, you really know how to control and finish a successful day.
- Your rule knowledge is in place
- You have previous experience, both on the server and as a member
- You're mature, both in age and demeanour
- You probably would be able to control a largely populated server, while keeping your calm.
- You stand out and you're well integrated into the community on the servers *
- No language barrier (obviously)
- You're very blunt. I think if I hear you give an opinion that you wouldn't try to give me a sugar-coated version of the story. Therefore your message will also be very clear when you give one
- You're pretty active, and you use the activity well to command
- You seem liked & respected

Neutrals
- Application to me is very mediocre, not bad enough to be a con tho.
- I have no direct proof of this, but I will add it as I'm getting told this by reputable sources. I've been told you act differently when there are no staff members; more prone to trolling/dicking around. I'll leave it neutral since there's no evidence and I haven't seen it myself.
- I feel like you're playing a lot for yourself, you only deal with issues that directly relate to you rather than the server/community as a whole. However, since your own self-interest is the betterment of the server I can't really list it as a con. However, in the future I hope you do it for the community in my eyes and turn this into a pro.

Cons
- I rarely see constructive posts from you, it's always frivolous stuff like forum games. Try to join in on more serious discussions and make yourself more known on the forums, this is what I meant with the * in the pro about community integration. To me forums/discord are as much part of it as in-game. Up your relevant forum activity pls.
- You do moderate on the server sometimes, but as I said earlier you mostly play for your own good in my eyes. Because of that you don't always moderate things that don't concern you. I think you'd make a strong moderator so pls up that.
- You lose temper when you're in an incompetent CT team. I get the frustration but you can't go ahead and call everyone useless and openly say nobody else is trying. We're all humans after all and nobody should have to feel inferior, especially not coming from a member.

It's a yes from me. It's not extremely far off from a blank/no tho. Moderation and keeping cool is important. You can argue that the forums aren't interesting tho.
These users thanked the author Shadi for the post (total 2):
Decency, wodeen++
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

Even though I thanked Shadi, my take is a bit different. I put more weight on the neutrals/cons than on the pros Shadi gave you as you have never seemed like a genuinely nice guy to me. I also feel that your way of moderating can some Times be a bit aggressive? Perhaps put more effort into making people feel good about themselves even if they make mistakes and let them know it's okay rather than ignore their potential feelings as a result of you telling them off. Anyway to not ignore all your pros completely; you do have most if not all the basic things checked in and I think you're capable of doing a decent job. I guess I don't mind you becoming a member as long as you do your duties and contribute to a positive atmosphere on the server?

Return to “Accepted Applications”