[Accepted] Majin's Application

All accepted Applications are stored here.
User avatar
Majin Vegeta #BB
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:53 pm
Location: Behind you
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Majin's Application

Post by Majin Vegeta #BB »

- Steam ID : STEAM_0:1:90661889

- NickName : Majin Vegeta #BB

- Age : 18

- Gender : Male

- Experience Level (including any previous admin work) : Know my CS stuff(Been playing since 2010/11) been an admin for a short period on the TH3 POW3RFUL servers back in 2012 but no other experience

- Average amount of time on our servers per day : 3-6

- Approximately, when did you start playing on our servers?:
on and off since 2011/2(1-2 year breaks and switching between nD and Ambrosia), active since early 2015

- Do you have a working mic?:
YES

- After answering these questions, please provide a brief introduction of your life (hobbies, studies etc.) as well as your motivation for helping to moderate our servers. :


Uh, Hi! :shock: I'm majin and most of you probably know me in-game. I live in London (Born in Denmark and don't know a word of danish :shifty: ) and i'm a full time student in college doing my A-Levels and plan to study some sort of engineering at University within the next coming year. I have a crap ton of hobbies such as Counter Strike(Hard one to remember), Rugby(been a while eh), Reading, Track running and many more. I've recently started working part-time for the sake of experience(and it sucks ).
About my personality. I (BELIEVE) i'm an open and easy to talk to guy. I'm extremely enthusiastic about most things I do and i'm always open to speaking to and making friends with others I've never had the opportunity to do so. Quite hard writing your qualities down!


My Motivation: Since the day I joined I've really enjoyed my time in this community. Everything ranging from the events or just playing JB in the middle of the night. But there's always times where people feel the need to break the rules and somewhat stand for themselves(harrassing). I always believe its best to understand why someone would break the rules and seeing it from their point of view because when you know the reasoning behind their actions it is then much easier to explain why what they did is wrong. I believe JB is the one server that always requires moderation no matter the time because it is the server which has the most rules. While I do try to moderate a lot in chat and try to get new non steamers to actually understand what they are doing, it's always crosses the line and only thing I can do is explain what they are doing is wrong(/admin). And then theres paying attention to who needs to be revived switching on teamattack and a lot of other bonuses that the players would have if a member is available in the server.

Thank you for reading and I'll take this opportunity to know what I need to improve on in order to become a member!
Decency
VIP
Posts: 1591
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:22 pm
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Majin's Application

Post by Decency »

You seem like a genuinely nice guy and I haven't seen anything bad/troll-y from you, you help out from time to time and have lately indeed been standing out more than usual. So far you've shown no bad signs but that's not the only thing that needs to be evaluated, we need to know how good/big your "pros" can be, like extensive rule knowledge, commanding skills, reporting capability, forum activity etc. I'd like to see much more of you in the next couple weeks, mainly on the CT team and commanding. There's a lot of time left until the next admin meeting so I'd say you will have a decent chance of getting accepted if you work hard. In short, you're a nice guy but there's a lot more you can do. Good luck.
User avatar
spaxor
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Majin's Application

Post by spaxor »

Decency wrote:You seem like a genuinely nice guy and I haven't seen anything bad/troll-y from you, you help out from time to time and have lately indeed been standing out more than usual. So far you've shown no bad signs but that's not the only thing that needs to be evaluated, we need to know how good/big your "pros" can be, like extensive rule knowledge, commanding skills, reporting capability, forum activity etc. I'd like to see much more of you in the next couple weeks, mainly on the CT team and commanding. There's a lot of time left until the next admin meeting so I'd say you will have a decent chance of getting accepted if you work hard. In short, you're a nice guy but there's a lot more you can do. Good luck.
I Agree on most of the things Decency said, you don't really stand out or command, but otherwise you're a really fun person to play with that always brings a positive atmosphere. But as mentioned that's not enough, I want to see a more strict side of you to prove that you'd be able to handle a full server or when the server is filled with trolls. Make sure you prove these things untill the next meeting and it could happen.

Good luck
Last edited by spaxor on Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 am
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 131 times

Re: Majin's Application

Post by zapt0r »

Nice to see you apply.

We have played countless nights together on various servers, so from an unbiased point of view:

Pros:

- People find you easy to talk to and have a great time with. You are a sociable and friendly fella. Interaction and engagement with all parts of the community are beneficial when it comes to moderating as you get to see the big picture from different angles.
- You are active and a regular.
- You bring a positive atmosphere to the server.
- Consistent behavior. I have known you for a reasonable amount of time now - you are always polite and friendly towards other members in the community and treat everyone somewhat equal. You help where you can and don't judge.
- Your English is obviously on point.
- I know you support and care for the community.
Neutrals:

- Rule knowledge: Try to get a better understanding of the overall rules and read up on them. Not all rules are "written", this is where your personal judgment comes in. Get involved, discuss and learn from your own and others mistakes - as well as watching members/staff/regulars when an argument breaks out. If you are not certain about a rule, ask someone who knows instead of blatantly acting on your own.
- Authority: As people find you fairly friendly and funny, I see you lacking authority. Be more serious and strict when you are trying to moderate, don't just laugh it away.
- Commanding: You command from time to time, but also here, not consistently. If you command more often people will not only recognise you as a commander, but they will see you and pay more attention to you as you make your voice and behavior known among the others.

Cons:

- Moderation: You do moderate, but not consistently. Even if there is a member or staff online, try to moderate as it shows that you actually know the rules and care about the servers as well as making it more convenient for the moderators in-game.

- Forum activity

As far as I am concerned I don't really have any major "cons" for you. Work on what is stated and I am sure you will do just fine. If you do - you got my support. Good luck with your application!
Regards,
zapt0r
User avatar
Romeo
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:32 am
Location: Nearby Majin's House
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Majin's Application

Post by Romeo »

hey wifey!! xD I was so surprised to see you apply!!!

Will start with...

Pros :
- Great commander, commands quite well and I enjoy your commanding its very fun, But you need to command more when you play.
- Mature I never seen you curse or yell or do some childish stuff like others I wont mention...
- Well known, just ask anyone about him ;)
- Perfect English
continuing with...

Neutrals :
- Reports (you need to report a tiny bit more you will Rock!!)
- Moderation, I seen you moderate before and you moderate well but I haven't seen you solve a big problem before, I don't think it matters anyways
- Standing out, you do stand out sometimes but I would like you to stand out more and show them who Vegeta is!!!
- Game activity, I don't see you play a lot and when you do you either go afk after 5 rounds or leave in no time, I would like to see you play more. Talking about JB!!
- Little trolly but not sure if trolly enough to be declined or to be a "bad guy"
- Rule knowledge, eh! you do know rules, you just need to study them more!

Finishing with....

Cons
:
- Forum activity, step the forum activity up a notch you will be perfect!!

I know I had a lot of neutrals.....that's why its towards an extend

My vote is YES towards an extend, best of luck!! <3
Image
User avatar
Lien~
Posts: 13998
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Wirral - United Kingdom
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 545 times

Re: Majin's Application

Post by Lien~ »

Majin, you're such a friendly guy, but I am afraid this application/becoming a member will mess you up. You have a lot of pros, and hardly any cons but the ones you have need to be worked on, the sooner the better. You're nice, got the right age, are known and liked, you know the rules and your ingame activity is great. You hardly moderate though, not sure if this has improved lately as I haven't been around a lot.

The first time we spoke about you applying (weeks ago!), you said you didn't want to apply because you didn't see yourself as a member. Now, this might have changed but I seriously wouldn't wanna see the bright sides of you turn into darkness because you are expected to do certain things whilst being part of the team. The pressure can build up quickly in-game, especially when there are quite some heated arguments as well as a handful of trolls and whiners present. I'm also not sure if you are able to punish your friends; your joke-y edge is your unique way of handling things and thus a big part of who you are and what makes you so likable.

I seriously think that becoming a member might turn you into this bitter person, someone who gets annoyed by the pressure etc. That just ain't you bro and I don't want to be partly responsible if that were to happen. You might not get this, but I've seen it more than once over the years. I'd rather help you prevent making a 'mistake', than cheer for something that might f*ck you up.

Anyway, because of the above mentioned I have decided not to vote (yet), but I wish you the best of luck with your application!

Note: I will edit this post whenever I deem necessary, but for now this is the way I see it.
User avatar
bis
Posts: 1020
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:53 pm
Location: Grove Park
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Majin's Application

Post by bis »

genuine funny guy i used to enjoy playing with on the servers, decent rule knowledge that could be improved for those situations involving old players but for the current state of the server i dont see an issue with you being able to moderate sufficiently, takes banter and doesnt take the game too serious, can play seriously at times when the server has players that like to mess about e.g. the kids on ct flaming/tking etc.

dont see an issue with you being able to moderate your friends in anyway due to your maturity level, it isnt really hard and the people you play with in-game and the regulars who know you respect you enough to be moderated by you for it to be an issue

one of the only regulars ive liked besides the uk troll gang and probably one of the only people on the server id wanna see in game as a member besides obvious decency mandem etc

aint ever seen you rage ig or harass so i dont see any issues with u being stressed as a member when it comes to taking it on solo

gl YES

wrote this quickly so my opinion might change i reserve the right to edit my post and make changes/delete it at anytime.
These users thanked the author bis for the post:
Voropoulo
User avatar
Majin Vegeta #BB
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:53 pm
Location: Behind you
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Majin's Application

Post by Majin Vegeta #BB »

Sorry for such late replies! Just had a bunch of exams this week :?
Spoiler!
Lien~ wrote:Majin, you're such a friendly guy, but I am afraid this application/becoming a member will mess you up. You have a lot of pros, and hardly any cons but the ones you have need to be worked on, the sooner the better. You're nice, got the right age, are known and liked, you know the rules and your ingame activity is great. You hardly moderate though, not sure if this has improved lately as I haven't been around a lot.

The first time we spoke about you applying (weeks ago!), you said you didn't want to apply because you didn't see yourself as a member. Now, this might have changed but I seriously wouldn't wanna see the bright sides of you turn into darkness because you are expected to do certain things whilst being part of the team. The pressure can build up quickly in-game, especially when there are quite some heated arguments as well as a handful of trolls and whiners present. I'm also not sure if you are able to punish your friends; your joke-y edge is your unique way of handling things and thus a big part of who you are and what makes you so likable.

I seriously think that becoming a member might turn you into this bitter person, someone who gets annoyed by the pressure etc. That just ain't you bro and I don't want to be partly responsible if that were to happen. You might not get this, but I've seen it more than once over the years. I'd rather help you prevent making a 'mistake', than cheer for something that might f*ck you up.

Anyway, because of the above mentioned I have decided not to vote (yet), but I wish you the best of luck with your application!

Note: I will edit this post whenever I deem necessary, but for now this is the way I see it.
I can understand completely where you are coming from. However I'm most of the time under pressure and under constant observation within my work and college. I feel my personality actually comes from me being able to overcome most of the pressure on my shoulders and dealing with them when it's the right time(E.G: Preparing for interviews, studying). That's why i believe that i can still maintain being myself because I can moderate while still showing my normal, calm side. I do completely get your point however as you are talking from experience. This application was quite the random one as personally I am just tired of people ruining the server. Yeah I can report them and try to moderate them in-game and try to use my VIP powers, however these most of the time don't make instant changes and JB is still unplayable until I call another member to join(Mainly my boy Voro).

And what I'm getting from the rest of you is that I should solidify my rule knowledge and start to show my commanding skills more as people that play at main times don't really see the CT side of me. And I will start to engage more within the forums as you said Wifey! xD

Thanks for the replies!
Papito
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:48 am
Location: Dubai, UAE
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Majin's Application

Post by Papito »

zapt0r wrote:Nice to see you apply.

We have played countless nights together on various servers, so from an unbiased point of view:

Pros:

- People find you easy to talk to and have a great time with. You are a sociable and friendly fella. Interaction and engagement with all parts of the community are beneficial when it comes to moderating as you get to see the big picture from different angles.
- You are active and a regular.
- You bring a positive atmosphere to the server.
- Consistent behavior. I have known you for a reasonable amount of time now - you are always polite and friendly towards other members in the community and treat everyone somewhat equal. You help where you can and don't judge.
- Your English is obviously on point.
- I know you support and care for the community.
Neutrals:

- Rule knowledge: Try to get a better understanding of the overall rules and read up on them. Not all rules are "written", this is where your personal judgment comes in. Get involved, discuss and learn from your own and others mistakes - as well as watching members/staff/regulars when an argument breaks out. If you are not certain about a rule, ask someone who knows instead of blatantly acting on your own.
- Authority: As people find you fairly friendly and funny, I see you lacking authority. Be more serious and strict when you are trying to moderate, don't just laugh it away.
- Commanding: You command from time to time, but also here, not consistently. If you command more often people will not only recognise you as a commander, but they will see you and pay more attention to you as you make your voice and behavior known among the others.

Cons:

- Moderation: You do moderate, but not consistently. Even if there is a member or staff online, try to moderate as it shows that you actually know the rules and care about the servers as well as making it more convenient for the moderators in-game.

- Forum activity

As far as I am concerned I don't really have any major "cons" for you. Work on what is stated and I am sure you will do just fine. If you do - you got my support. Good luck with your application!
I would like to quote this, because I totally agree to what he said and I have the same point of view.
Good luck bro
Decency
VIP
Posts: 1591
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:22 pm
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Majin's Application

Post by Decency »

Image exists for a reason
Apple
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:36 am
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Majin's Application

Post by Apple »

Decency wrote:Image exists for a reason
The PM button under a person's name also exists, you twat. You could've PMed papa instead of bringing your whiny wanna-be admin ass to the topic again without the intention of adding something to comment on majin's application but guess what, you just want to be noticed by admins rofl.


As for you majin, I think you are a super friendly guy (don't play when you are high xdxd) who cares about the server and neondragon enough to have earned respect. The only thing I would ask you to improve is your moderation which is upto you for fixing and also standing out which will be improvised by moderating and commanding frequently. gl majin faggota (kidding :p)!!
These users thanked the author Apple for the post (total 2):
Shotex, Papito
Dee Dee

Re: Majin's Application

Post by Dee Dee »

Apple wrote:
Decency wrote:Image exists for a reason
The PM button under a person's name also exists, you twat. You could've PMed papa instead of bringing your whiny wanna-be admin ass to the topic again without the intention of adding something to comment on majin's application but guess what, you just want to be noticed by admins rofl.


As for you majin, I think you are a super friendly guy (don't play when you are high xdxd) who cares about the server and neondragon enough to have earned respect. The only thing I would ask you to improve is your moderation which is upto you for fixing and also standing out which will be improvised by moderating and commanding frequently. gl majin faggota (kidding :p)!!
He has moderated where it was needed. End of story. Stop provoking.
Apple
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:36 am
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Majin's Application

Post by Apple »

CONFUSION wrote:
Apple wrote:
Decency wrote:Image exists for a reason
The PM button under a person's name also exists, you twat. You could've PMed papa instead of bringing your whiny wanna-be admin ass to the topic again without the intention of adding something to comment on majin's application but guess what, you just want to be noticed by admins rofl.


As for you majin, I think you are a super friendly guy (don't play when you are high xdxd) who cares about the server and neondragon enough to have earned respect. The only thing I would ask you to improve is your moderation which is upto you for fixing and also standing out which will be improvised by moderating and commanding frequently. gl majin faggota (kidding :p)!!
He has moderated where it was needed. End of story. Stop provoking.
Do me a favor, don't post unless its needed. I didn't post in the first place to provoke him, my main objective was to provide pros and cons for majin and the second one was to ask somebody not to act like a smartass. This post is for you, don't act like a smartass ty. If he was moderating it could have been in a more polite manner rather than putting it like this "don't spam you idiot".
Dee Dee

Re: Majin's Application

Post by Dee Dee »

Apple wrote:
CONFUSION wrote:
Apple wrote:
Decency wrote:Image exists for a reason
The PM button under a person's name also exists, you twat. You could've PMed papa instead of bringing your whiny wanna-be admin ass to the topic again without the intention of adding something to comment on majin's application but guess what, you just want to be noticed by admins rofl.


As for you majin, I think you are a super friendly guy (don't play when you are high xdxd) who cares about the server and neondragon enough to have earned respect. The only thing I would ask you to improve is your moderation which is upto you for fixing and also standing out which will be improvised by moderating and commanding frequently. gl majin faggota (kidding :p)!!
He has moderated where it was needed. End of story. Stop provoking.
Do me a favor, don't post unless its needed. I didn't post in the first place to provoke him, my main objective was to provide pros and cons for majin and the second one was to ask somebody not to act like a smartass. This post is for you, don't act like a smartass ty. If he was moderating it could have been in a more polite manner rather than putting it like this "don't spam you idiot".
Apply this yourself. Again, he moderated where it was needed. Your aggressive behaviour won't get you anywhere. This bit would have been enough:
Apple wrote:If he was moderating it could have been in a more polite manner rather than putting it like this "don't spam you idiot".
I won't post anymore regarding this.

Good luck, Majin!
Bob Vegana
Posts: 917
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:28 am
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Majin's Application

Post by Bob Vegana »

Jeez Apple, you remind me of myself and my 2016summer trash posts.


Regarding Majin ->

One of the friendliest, calmest, coolest, most tolerant players I've seen in Neondragon.

I cannot vote here, since I haven't been paying that much attention to you ingame, but I can suggest somethings ->
Be confident when moderating. Make sure it's for the good even if it doesn't support the rules(but DO know the rules.). It's not absolutely always when the rules work for the favor of player's enjoyment.

Be open with everyone. That's how you can proove your authority! ;)

The rest is covered. ;)
Good luck!
Last edited by Bob Vegana on Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Locked

Return to “Accepted Applications”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests