Changelog discussion

Image | IP: jb.neonDragon.net:27015 | Jailbreak Stats & Achievements | Steam Group: neonDragonJailbreak

Moderators: Xalus, zapt0r

CammY -fs-
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:48 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by CammY -fs- »

Pukata wrote:
Shadi wrote:
Pukata wrote: Nonsteamers can only join CT when they are granted permission manually from an admin. So we will need a system where they apply for CT access.
why? if the mic module works and they get 10 hrs on their ID it shouldn't be an issue?
This is just a draft, details will be discussed in the admin meeting, but this is the suggestion i recived so far.
#BringThisBack

Too many nonsteam mongs causing havoc on CT and most of the time need to be changed. Also add a function to stop spectators from speaking in their mic as there's been quite afew people micspamming on spec. Thx.
Image
doeda
VIP
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:03 pm
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by doeda »

Why not give it to regulars as well?
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Image

Image
User avatar
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin
Posts: 15346
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 am
Location: Behind yo house
Been thanked: 628 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by Shadi »

Either it should be all or no no one.

Stop segregation, either we welcome nonSteamers or we don't.

In addition, I think you are demonising them. I've seen quite a good deal of nonsteamers that actually try, the main issue is the lack of mic not competence.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
aNNeh
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by aNNeh »

Can I suggest a plugin or so, which automatically kicks peeepz that stay afk for a specific amount of time? idk 2 mins or so, its pain in the eass to run into everey single cell just cause there COULD be an afk terrorist, or the last CT is miles away afk in gunroom and the last T has to walk ages to find him, think it would solve maaaany problems related to being that topic :p
Spoiler!
Image

Image
Image
User avatar
Waschera
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:51 pm
Location: Harstad, Norway
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by Waschera »

anni h wrote:Can I suggest a plugin or so, which automatically kicks peeepz that stay afk for a specific amount of time? idk 2 mins or so, its pain in the eass to run into everey single cell just cause there COULD be an afk terrorist, or the last CT is miles away afk in gunroom and the last T has to walk ages to find him, think it would solve maaaany problems related to being that topic :p
Not really a huge issue now since the members and admins have been quite active recently.
"If one man can create so much hate, imagine all the love we can create together!"

Image
User avatar
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin
Posts: 15346
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 am
Location: Behind yo house
Been thanked: 628 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by Shadi »

it's not annoying to check for them as a CT, just meh that ppl cant join the server coz of AFK
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
aNNeh
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by aNNeh »

The thing is it isn't a REAL BIG ASS problem but its a thing that relates to a few many small things just like - full server - CTs gotta watch - Last one afk - they earn unfair money when gay(jk last) - block cells sometimes - block at all - make mad peepz, etc
Spoiler!
Image

Image
Image
User avatar
gucci
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by gucci »

The fact that there was a full man server earlier, non-steamers going CT freekilling/not paying attention at all to the person commanding.. an example is when a commander is using simon commands to trick the terrorists one clueless nonsteamer just starts blatantly freekilling random people is annoying, maybe add a rule that if a CT wants to command he has to specifically SAY on mic that he will only be leading/killing the terrorists when it is simon or of a specific game.

Oh yeah, it's a good thing to have the server full but when it gets to the point where there are 31 players and redirects you to another server is pretty annoying to some people, the /server command is there for a reason so they can re-direct them selves to the server, but i guess it's just to avoid spam or whatever the reason is..

Another point is, how come the /mic access only seems to work on steamers and not steamers? There are countless of non-steamers who get killed start raging on mic when they are dead and whenever i use /mic it doesn't seem to work, maybe it's just me or a bug, i'd like to see that fixed cause most of the non-steamers got horrible mics lol
RazoR'
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by RazoR' »

xeonn» wrote:The fact that there was a full man server earlier, non-steamers going CT freekilling/not paying attention at all to the person commanding.. an example is when a commander is using simon commands to trick the terrorists one clueless nonsteamer just starts blatantly freekilling random people is annoying, maybe add a rule that if a CT wants to command he has to specifically SAY on mic that he will only be leading/killing the terrorists when it is simon or of a specific game.

Oh yeah, it's a good thing to have the server full but when it gets to the point where there are 31 players and redirects you to another server is pretty annoying to some people, the /server command is there for a reason so they can re-direct them selves to the server, but i guess it's just to avoid spam or whatever the reason is..

Another point is, how come the /mic access only seems to work on steamers and not steamers? There are countless of non-steamers who get killed start raging on mic when they are dead and whenever i use /mic it doesn't seem to work, maybe it's just me or a bug, i'd like to see that fixed cause most of the non-steamers got horrible mics lol

Non steamers on CT is retarded, Needs to be changed, It's so pointless having them on CT...
Image
User avatar
Konijn
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 372 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by Konijn »

xeonn» wrote:The fact that there was a full man server earlier, non-steamers going CT freekilling/not paying attention at all to the person commanding.. an example is when a commander is using simon commands to trick the terrorists one clueless nonsteamer just starts blatantly freekilling random people is annoying, maybe add a rule that if a CT wants to command he has to specifically SAY on mic that he will only be leading/killing the terrorists when it is simon or of a specific game.
It is already written in the rules that unless otherwise stated ONLY the commander will kill during games. Of course this is not a rule which is usually enforced and has not been for a very long time.
xeonn» wrote: Oh yeah, it's a good thing to have the server full but when it gets to the point where there are 31 players and redirects you to another server is pretty annoying to some people, the /server command is there for a reason so they can re-direct them selves to the server, but i guess it's just to avoid spam or whatever the reason is..
The actual reason is to redirect people to another server to populate the lower populated servers with the overflow of people trying to connect to full servers. It does often work for non-steamers and it usually makes all our servers full at the same time, as opposed to a select few. Yes it is annoying when you're redirected, perhaps we can do something better for community members. We could possibly make a priority/reserved slot for VIP or work on a better queue system.
xeonn» wrote: Another point is, how come the /mic access only seems to work on steamers and not steamers? There are countless of non-steamers who get killed start raging on mic when they are dead and whenever i use /mic it doesn't seem to work, maybe it's just me or a bug, i'd like to see that fixed cause most of the non-steamers got horrible mics lol
It's probably got something to do with the metamod module we're using to convert old non-steam codex to the newer p49 codec.
Image
User avatar
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin
Posts: 15346
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 am
Location: Behind yo house
Been thanked: 628 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by Shadi »

Yea, I've noticed that mic bug too.

I am not saying don't discuss these things but maybe we should all stop discussing it in this topic and create seperate ones for them.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
CammY -fs-
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:48 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by CammY -fs- »

Shadi wrote:Yea, I've noticed that mic bug too.

I am not saying don't discuss these things but maybe we should all stop discussing it in this topic and create seperate ones for them.
Tbh this is suppost to be a changelog thread. Create a new thread title it etc then move all unnecessary posts into it
Image
User avatar
austria_wien
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:57 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by austria_wien »

Konijn wrote:01/02/2016

Minor bug fixes over the past month
  • Glow on invisibility day now correctly resets after a few seconds
  • Fixed a rare bug where rambo day bugs if the selected rambo dies before the round starts
  • Both zombie (normal and reverse) as well as shark day fundays have been removed per a jail/admin meeting several months ago
  • Damage is now correctly ignored for the first 30 seconds of Rambo day, until the rambo has been selected (announced)
  • CT ban time is now correctly displayed when trying to join CT if you have an active ban. Additionally a /ctban command has been added which will show you the remaining time on your ban
  • Fixed weird bug on snow where you get stuck in ground on first round
  • Fixed bug where Jedi day will start immediately after it has been picked via /funday command
  • Fixed a bug allowing Ts to pick up weapons during night crawler day
  • Fixed a bug preventing the speed from RTD and jbshop from working
  • Fixed missing .wav files for the musical chair game on nck (everyone should now be able to hear the music from that game)
  • Fixed missing MJ door on nck
There may be a couple more things that I have fixed/added that I'm forgetting about, I will post these when I remember them.

Also, I know that progress has been extremely slow on fixing these things. I have an extremely large list of things that need doing, both publicly and also "behind the scenes" on top of general admin duties and also RL work.
well played.
[*]you cant do jbshop on sparta/fundays

btw: i think those are also points, which concern to the admin meeting thread. so it would be good to post it in the admin meeting outcome threads after the member decisions (not only JB changes). ;)
OnServer: DrunkeN[aT]
My girlfriend said, don't gamble. I thought ffs ofc i will gamble. Then my parents said don't gamble. Now I am clean since 02/12/2014.
User avatar
stickysteez
Posts: 1445
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:36 pm
Location: Netherlands
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by stickysteez »

It's a good thing to deactivate jbshop on sparta/fundays but we now have the problem that I (as VIP) can't get the free JP from the jbshop on these days.. is there a way to fix this?
“Great men are not born great, they grow great . . .”
User avatar
Konijn
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 372 times

Re: Jailbreak Changelog

Post by Konijn »

austria_wien wrote: [*]you cant do jbshop on sparta/fundays

btw: i think those are also points, which concern to the admin meeting thread. so it would be good to post it in the admin meeting outcome threads after the member decisions (not only JB changes). ;)
Thanks I had forgotten about that :).

In response to the admin meeting thing, I don't really see it as necessary to post there in addition to this thread. This thread is dedicated to jb updates and it seems redundant to me to be posting them in two separate places.
StickySteez wrote:It's a good thing to deactivate jbshop on sparta/fundays but we now have the problem that I (as VIP) can't get the free JP from the jbshop on these days.. is there a way to fix this?
You still have the free heal as a VIP. If you were to have a jetpack on sparta day it would give you a HUGE advantage over others so I am glad this is no longer available. Likewise, I do not really see it as necessary on other fundays as it would only give you an unfair advantage over those who are unable to reach you.


P.S. I moved all the non-changelog posts into this thread as the other thread was becoming extremely cluttered. If you want to discuss a change please quote it into this thread.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “JailBreak [Achievements]”