sound problem

Talk about tech and show off your new gear. Did the magic smoke escape from your computer? Ask us for help!
cuddly teddy bear

sound problem

Post by cuddly teddy bear »

After I had a windows update this morning, there is no sound coming out of my laptop with headphones or not. I tried troubleshooting and it couldn't figure out the problem. I checked Sound and there were no playback or recording devices showing up. I then checked device manager to see my Intel High Definition Audio driver and there was a yellow triangle at it. It said that the driver wasn't installed to I tried to update it but nothing happened. Fucking bullshit. Please help me thanks
sex
Zeke

Re: sound problem

Post by Zeke »

As far as i know, perhaps you have to re-define your sound card, or just reinstall it using (DriverPack) program. If that didn't work try out RealTalk HD Audio Driver.

Other than that, try this : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+fix+the+%20 ... the+laptop
cuddly teddy bear

Post by cuddly teddy bear »

fixed the problem

the windows update upgraded one of the system devices: Intel High Definition Audio Controller, so I rolled back the device.

Thanks for the suggestions Patrick and Tix though
sex
JerryStrobel

Post by JerryStrobel »

Make sure your headphones aren't plugged in. Most Android phones automatically disable the external speaker when headphones are plugged in. This could also be the case if your headphones aren't completely seated in the audio jack. Tap Restart to reboot your phone.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

JerryStrobel wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 am
Make sure your headphones aren't plugged in. Most Android phones automatically disable the external speaker when headphones are plugged in. This could also be the case if your headphones aren't completely seated in the audio jack. Tap Restart to reboot your phone.
ah the bot can't differentiate between android and laptops!! they need more updatin'

I locked his post to prevent him from editing it later :naughty:
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
ZeRo#1
Friend of the Community

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Shadi wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:38 am
JerryStrobel wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 am
ah the bot can't differentiate between android and laptops!! they need more updatin'

I locked his post to prevent him from editing it later :naughty:
Imagine having fun talking to a bot :think:
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
luͻille

Post by luͻille »

Your problem sounds familiar ( no pun intended )
After I bought my new pc, I downloaded a couple of programs to help boost my audio, but unfortunately it only made it worse.
Your problem isn't from programs, headphones, nor PC.
It simply is a bug/glitch in the system.
To clarify what I said, you need to buy a new pc, or delete all programs on it ( reboot ) .

I'm no professional, nor a computer doctor,
But I can advise, no responsibility.
Cheers.

Return to “Computers & Technology”