What's up with the member / admin assignments ?

Moderator: J4ck

farfar

Re: What's up with the member / admin assignments ?

Post by farfar »

Shabba wrote:This is what, the 3rd or 4th topic they make about members not being active enough and interacting with the server in the right way to keep it clean and steady? Yet, there hasn't been any changes, a few members left since they felt like they weren't doing good enough and one left due to the fact his efforts weren't appreciated when he was doing more than most members and things are still the same. I do appreciate the fact you made this topic but it's nothing knew that the staff team doesn't know about.

Members nowadays tend to give out 2/3 warnings before they even act with a kick and that's why people in the server cross the line very easily cos they know they won't be punished if they do it once and repeat it another two times. But, who doesn't know that as well? Also, regarding the member factor how many people in the server nowadays do you think that requires what it takes to become a member? Honestly, it's easy to criticise current members but if you look at member standards it will get worse and you won't have much better lol

Starzy as i said, i have been inactive for a while, i don't really know who left for what reason, my point with this topic is NOT critisizing members or admins, as i said earlier i just wanted to give them a wake up call. The thing about that members are inactive is not true, they are mostly online but no one gives a crap when you ask for help (most of the time) , or they just stand afk what i think is to earn time online so that they won't get kicked out of the team. I see several people that would do a great job if they are given the opportunity... but hey that's only me ... maybe you to should start interacting during your'e online time. Not saying you can't do anything else, or that you don't do what you are supposed to, but maybe you can make a good example. Sometimes everyone needs a break from moderation, but some people put it aside a little to much ... but i said that's my thoughts... and since none of the admins have taken their time to write a respons here, i don't see why we should bother arguing because tbh the most responsability is on them... i know you guys have much to do.. but yeah...
These users thanked the author farfar for the post:
R1CKY[JJ]
Changes are good untill it comes do à dead end ..
Unown

Post by Unown »

The solution is, however, very simple.

You think members don't do their job right? Apply for membership, take a "leader" role in team you applied, show them how it's done.
It's always easy to say how to do it, until people actually have to do it themselves.
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Unownist wrote:The solution is, however, very simple.

You think members don't do their job right? Apply for membership, take a "leader" role in team you applied, show them how it's done.
It's always easy to say how to do it, until people actually have to do it themselves.
Farfar has been a member before lol, in case you didn't know :p
Unown

Post by Unown »

Lien~ wrote:

I do? Does that make a difference to my statement...
Times from 6 months ago have changed, the attitude on the Jail server is alot different now.
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
farfar

Post by farfar »

Unownist wrote:
Lien~ wrote:

I do? Does that make a difference to my statement...
Times from 6 months ago have changed, the attitude on the Jail server is alot different now.
I Would have done that, if i felt that i had time to be online, and be as active as you should be as a member imo. That's why i from the beggining left the team .. because of the time i couldn't play and so ...
Jumps7yl3r

Post by Jumps7yl3r »

Shabba wrote:This is what, the 3rd or 4th topic they make about members not being active enough and interacting with the server in the right way to keep it clean and steady? Yet, there hasn't been any changes, a few members left since they felt like they weren't doing good enough and one left due to the fact his efforts weren't appreciated when he was doing more than most members and things are still the same. I do appreciate the fact you made this topic but it's nothing knew that the staff team doesn't know about.

Members nowadays tend to give out 2/3 warnings before they even act with a kick and that's why people in the server cross the line very easily cos they know they won't be punished if they do it once and repeat it another two times. But, who doesn't know that as well? Also, regarding the member factor how many people in the server nowadays do you think that requires what it takes to become a member? Honestly, it's easy to criticise current members but if you look at member standards it will get worse and you won't have much better lol
And if you don't warn 31254235 times and actually do it your way: warn through mic once/ insta kick people start bitchin cause you do it your own way and report/complain about you. That's how it goes
These users thanked the author Jumps7yl3r for the post:
farfar
Image Image
bis

Corrupt cunts and regulars

Post by bis »

Current rules on achievement farming and corrupt special treating CTs?
Earlier I joined to see biasted members not giving 2 shits about freekilling CTs and those exact same CTs special treating a member so he could get his beloved achievement.
The demo is here if anyone would be actually arsed to watch it http://cs3.neondragon.net/public/demos/ ... nny_nd.dem.
On a 2v2 maze type game on jb_sunny, a team with a teammate must of died/rebeled therefore a CT took his place. The T rightfully won but a CT was declining it by saying no no its not fair and waited for the other team to finally finish and awarded him with lr by his teammate suiciding by rebelling. Any rules broken here or just corrupt players and members not playing by the rules to get achievements.
Funny thing is the achievement didn't even unlock.
Boab The BUILDER

Post by Boab The BUILDER »

I think it as shadi said is people dont tend to want to leave due to getting too used to the power, And in all the time I have been here I have never seen anyone kicked for anything other than activity, But I have myself seen "double standards" as such in the moderation teams (not that much but every now and again). But I have had a problem with people who dont set a good example, And I have found members tend to be much less forgiving if you are not one of their friends, I have had several dealings with members where I have had a problem with them, And it is a bit hard to resolve it. I have seen it when members begin to throw their weight around a bit because they have powers, And pushing the boundries of what is allowed simply because they can.

I must admit when trying to resolve a problem with a member (not exactly the best at calming down a situation I admit but still), I have found that it is practically useless because they dont really care what I am saying, Until the admins are brought into things. I cant really speak for most of the member team because I havent exactly dealt with all of them in this fashion, But some people simply need to remind themselves that they are not a member for their own benefit in any way.

I could go on and on about how they could do this and could do that but like someone said (kinda), Its alot easier to say it, Than to actually bother doing it. Mabye if the server becomes a bit more active more should be asked of the member teams, but that remains to be seen, And is kinda useless if nothing happens if you dont step up to the task. But oh well, I think the moderation team is meh atm, And could improve themselves, But it is more due to some of the regulars who are ruining the server for some people, But with these people, The means need to be available to stop them, So like I said in a previous statements, If the moderation teams with a bit more active (stricter even) In cleaning up those who need it, Then mabye the server will get a bit better for everyone. Even if there isnt that many people in JB for example, Il still play it if I know im going to have a bit of fun
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

i would everyone recommend to leave the team if they are becoming "inactive". to make some space for other guys. yeye sometimes there aint any member material guys, but its sad to keep a seat of a member position when you cannot effort the time for doing the moderation part of this job.
me myself left the team when i felt like i would not be active enough and made some space which got filled up just some day later.
its simply no use to hold it warm. e.g. there are ten jail team members atm, and if 3 of them feel like coming on twice a week its just no use for them to be members (only if they are incredibly active during their online periods).
ofc, its not easy to have atleast one member at all time at the server. that was never the case except of the time during 2009-2010 when there where more members than regulars online 24/7 ^^

but do everyone the favour and become with ur own at one and either be an active member and have fun or just have fun. noone needs a status to have fun, for real. :9
These users thanked the author kami (GER] for the post:
farfar
Image Image
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

it's not like admins/members take "spots" so .. yea
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
farfar

Post by farfar »

Shadi wrote:it's not like admins/members take "spots" so .. yea
But kami is right, most of use who cares leaves our position so that someone who would be more active and be able to take care of stuff more often than us can get a chance to do so. i don't think this many member would have been accepted if we did not leave ur positions, because the ammount of members needs to be normal. not 50% of the players ... (it's only an example)...

So yeah Shadi, members do take spots.
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

farfar wrote:
But kami is right, most of use who cares leaves our position so that someone who would be more active and be able to take care of stuff more often than us can get a chance to do so. i don't think this many member would have been accepted if we did not leave ur positions, because the ammount of members needs to be normal. not 50% of the players ... (it's only an example)...

Not quite sure where this rumor of members taking spots emerged from..

Honestly, I read a lot of admin meeting logs (2011 and early 2012 were missing back when I read them though, admin derps) and I don't think I ever saw the amount of members there currently are being used as an argument against someone. It was used the other way around though (lack of members and thus letting stuff go or accepting someone that wouldn't normally).

It is however used sometimes during admin recruitments though as if there's no need for an addition, then they won't be added unless they're really perfect or close to be.

So no, members don't take spots. Sure, you get more opportunity if there's a lack of member (because then we let stuff go and are generally a little bit easier on the criterias as said before), but never will someone get declined simply based on the fact there are too many members even though he meets the current standards. I don't think anyone cares if half of the players are members as long as they're competent and don't think there's an issue with having too many members really.
Jumps7yl3r

Post by Jumps7yl3r »

Maki wrote:
farfar wrote:

Not quite sure where this rumor of members taking spots emerged from..

Honestly, I read a lot of admin meeting logs (2011 and early 2012 were missing back when I read them though, admin derps) and I don't think I ever saw the amount of members there currently are being used as an argument against someone. It was used the other way around though (lack of members and thus letting stuff go or accepting someone that wouldn't normally).

It is however used sometimes during admin recruitments though as if there's no need for an addition, then they won't be added unless they're really perfect or close to be.

So no, members don't take spots. Sure, you get more opportunity if there's a lack of member (because then we let stuff go and are generally a little bit easier on the criterias as said before), but never will someone get declined simply based on the fact there are too many members even though he meets the current standards. I don't think anyone cares if half of the players are members as long as they're competent and don't think there's an issue with having too many members really.
Yea... usually the recruitment corner is locked when there are too many mamembers and not any new ones are needed. (Happened once) But I doubt they mean actual spots....more like : play or gtfo
Image Image
Unown

Post by Unown »

Recruitment has stopped once so members do somewhat "take a spot"

And if the admins feel like a member is too inactive and there is a more suitable applicant, then I am sure that they will do their job :)
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

It's pretty much as Maki says, and if it was different in the past then it's not like that anymore. Declining competent help is not smart.

We are more lenient with recruitment when we are in strong need, but that strong need is measured by the amount of total activity and need for moderation on the team; not based on how many members we have in total but by performance.

I prolly shouldn't say we anymore, but that's how nD's recruitment works..
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Jailbreak Trash”