What's up with the member / admin assignments ?

Moderator: J4ck

farfar

What's up with the member / admin assignments ?

Post by farfar »

Hello there, i started playing again from a time off cs. I have seen so many things have changed here lately. The biggest change i see is the attitude of the members / admins. I have been playing on some odd times lately and from what i see, not to many members/admins are online at those time, this is especially for Jailbreak. What i see is people asking for help, or telling a member / admin what happened, and they get the answer " i can't see everything", but wtf ?. Most of these guys dont even care anymore. They try to play and have fun, the only thing they react on is if they get freekilled, or someone uses bad language, but wtf happened to helping CT teams to get better commanders, i have seen many members leave after some rounds in JB, just because of some bad commanders. But isn't the admins/memebrs assignment try to help the new ones, or the ones who doesnt know the rules ? I'm a bit sad to be honest, i have been playing for a couple of days trying to have fun but this get's more and more booring.. because members and admins don't do their jobs while being online. Of course there is some members / admins that tries to help and makes the best out of situiations, but most of them don't wanna handle the problem anymore. When i come online on the nights, there is about 8-14 ppl online, sometimes also a member or two. But comeon, i have seen cts ruining lrs, gunfeeding ruining games overall for the Ts while members even doesnt say a shit, last thing yester day for an exapmle, a member was online and a Ct started to kill for the wrong reason, where he did not know that he was not allowed to kill them, i told him several times he did not listen to me, so i told him to ask the member that was online, but what happened ? The memebr didn't answer he kept on playing like nothing had happened, when i ask him why he didnt answer him, he said " I can't see everything you know" .. same goes for the gunfeeding, and teamattacking, ? Some members are CTs while CTs teamattack all the time, but they just don't bother to tell the to stop and it ends up with one of the CTs get kileld by his teammate ...

I am sorry for disturbing you guys for this but, just wanted you guys to know how i feel about this, and maybe only maybe you will all take a talk or just maybe this will make some difference for some of the members, when they see this here ...

This was all for me anyways...
Take care . :)
Wish you Guys the best.
These users thanked the author farfar for the post:
Styx
Changes are good untill it comes do à dead end ..
Boab The BUILDER

Re: What's up with the member / admin assignments ?

Post by Boab The BUILDER »

I agree with most of what you say, Although there is not much you can do about genuinely not seeing what has happened, I think members need to take more of a responsibility of what happens in the servers, I have seen some members with hit and miss moderation and some who only take a hard line (or any punishment at all), If it happens to them or one of their friends (i.e someone who they will listen to). I think some of the people on the teams wanted to be a member for the status of being a member, Or to throw their weight around (not directly applying for this reason of course).

But members are taking a much bigger step back and not taking enough responsibility, trying to let problems sort themselves out. I would like to see more activity in the JB server of course, But I feel not as many people are happy playing on JB because there is not enough faith in the admins or members to actually do anything if it all goes bad, Trolling has got out of control with people constantly getting away with things. I think an atmosphere is being created that is not comfortable for new people to come into and stay. I wouldnt want to stay if I had just came to some of these servers unless there was nowhere else to go, I believe if admins and members take more responsibility in being a member, Then we can mabye have a shot of creating an atmosphere which is at least a bit welcoming, Because atm it really needs work.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

I think members were generally given too many tools and eventually started feeling more and more powerful over time. Like now when they warn they just use !warn and then !slay !kick --> ban.

There was much more diplomatic interference before and I saw much more energy. I can understand why a lot of them have eventually run out of that energy they may have had though. I'm also assuming you're aware that it's tedious to constantly deal with these things especially when you see a lot of your colleagues not trying as much as you wish they did?
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Boab The BUILDER

Post by Boab The BUILDER »

It is quite frustrating looking at people and thinking you can do a better job than them, I suppose there are reasons, But I guess some people just need to get their heads down
farfar

Post by farfar »

Shadi wrote:I think members were generally given too many tools and eventually started feeling more and more powerful over time. Like now when they warn they just use !warn and then !slay !kick --> ban.

There was much more diplomatic interference before and I saw much more energy. I can understand why a lot of them have eventually run out of that energy they may have had though. I'm also assuming you're aware that it's tedious to constantly deal with these things especially when you see a lot of your colleagues not trying as much as you wish they did?
I know exactly how it feels to be a member or an admin for a longer time, when no one else really seems to be bothering ... But let us say like this, why do they keep their position ? Why not leave the team if you aren't gonna do your'e work properly, because as i see it also saw it when i was a member here, it's your'e job to deal with people who brake the rules, try to help new guys etc. If you feel like you can't handle it anymore just leave the team. If you won't make an effort to help people around and do not leave your position as a admin/member then you are power hungry in my eyes, since the only thing you loose, while leaving is your powers. wich really isn't needed if you aint gonna use them except when something happens to you or your friends right ?

This was also one of the main reasons why i left the team when i did, i did not feel like i was gonna do any good since i wont be able to be active enough and i felt like the game got boring when you had to handle to much, whiners, freekillers, etc.
So maybe the admins should have a meeting to discuss and try to solve this problem, even members should get inculded, where they decide something like " if you don't wanna do what you are assigned to do, leave or get kicked".

That's what i'm thinking at least, since none of the members or admins seem to answer yet i will wait and see what they have to say.

Best wishesss from me and my fam.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Some people feel attached and would feel kinda naked without their status/power, it's harder to leave than you think really especially if you have good memories/people you (have) talk(ed) to. Other than that you're pretty much right, it's just easier said than done.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

I know exactly how it feels to be a member or an admin for a longer time, when no one else really seems to be bothering ... But let us say like this, why do they keep their position ? Why not leave the team if you aren't gonna do your'e work properly
If this was to happen, just think about it. If there's a problem with member numbers right now then imagine if this happened. How many people would you see moderating the JB server?

Karn

Post by Karn »

I couldn't agree more on most of the points you've stated Farfar , it is indeed our duty to interfier whenever an incident is occuring (if we are available of course). I feel like with the server going downhill , members motivation got lower and lower and it definitly affects the moderating , and it something I admit we should work on. On the other I believe that members are not that hopeless I mean the Jail members would really interfier if something is wrong , and would do their best to make things go in the right path ,and wouldn't ignore it or be that carless about it, and it's only a matter of time till we make the jailbreak server rise again (I hope) and get things to their normal state.

Greetings from me to your family farfar, and give that big boy of yours a hug from me!
farfar

Post by farfar »

Shabba wrote:
I know exactly how it feels to be a member or an admin for a longer time, when no one else really seems to be bothering ... But let us say like this, why do they keep their position ? Why not leave the team if you aren't gonna do your'e work properly
If this was to happen, just think about it. If there's a problem with member numbers right now then imagine if this happened. How many people would you see moderating the JB server?
How is it going to be any different ? say that there is about 20 members/admins, only a few of them really do something in-game ( ofc creds to those who helps us to keep the servers up and works on the server while not being online [admins in this case]), say about 5-7 people who really even acts as a member, wtf is the point of the rest 13 ppl ? they have thier status and they only do act when something happens to them ? No point in having so many members/admins if most of them won't do a shit anyway....

@shadi, i understand what you mean, but comeon be seriouse now, if those people who talk to you is acting like they do just because you are a member or an admin, you are better off without them licking youre ass.... My point as earlier, you only want the status of the mmebership/adminship just to be able to say you are one of them... tbh it's everyone that plays that keeps nD alive, not only members or admins, how would nD look like if only admins and members played there, a good example is Fa, they accepted everyone who applied, wich got them to a point where, when the server had more than 20 people online it was 80% members or admins. Thats not what we want in nD i suppose, and you can easily replace those members that dont do a shit with 1-2 active members that tries to help. Most important, learns to listen to the issues and tries to help people out. Most of the members don't give a shit. And HUGE CREEDS to those few that really is doing their job, (you guys know who you are, because i believe that i ain't the only one with the same feeling). nD could easily run better with 1-3 members admins that are actually active and cares per server. wich leads us to a point where the inactive members and not caring members are overflowed. Most members do their best untill they get accepted and some days after that, and then you never see them do shit ... mostly... so think about it... (i know it's hard to know who is going to be active or not before accepting, but i think that the admins shouldn't be scared of warning those who ain't active enough or tries to help).

I have seen several members and admins online afk... yeah they fill out their time, but they are AFK, wich means they don't have a function at all...

Wish you guys the best.
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

Easier just said than done as Shadi said.

Styx

Post by Styx »

Replying "Easier said than done" isn't sufficient in this case. How would you react if wrote a lot of text, and you get that kind of a reply?

Anyway, can't help agreeing with you in the case farfar! Many members are inactive these days, which I acctually discussed with some guys some days ago. On the other hand, a team consisting of 6-7 members isn't that good. (Although it wouldn't be any difference if the rest are inactive). I experience that I don't see everything going on in the server, but what I see i try to do something about it. The reactions are many, and this brings be to the point about the regulars asking us to be harsher when we moderate. Say that I punish x for something, and he starts whining. Later on he starts complaining about members not punishing good enough (probably because what happened wasn't his doing). I think we could just remove the !warn function, we warn people better without it, and everyone just presses enter and leaves it.

Thanks for the topic farfar!
I think we girls are bitches, even though I am one --------------
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Shabba wrote:Easier just said than done as Shadi said.
^

A problem with the staff (I wasn't any better before I left the team) is that they're not active on the servers to actually spot most of this so it's just going to be 1-2 admins saying something and you need the whole staff to understand before taking such actions.

I played on the server recently and it has never really been as bad as you represent it to be for me, there always seems to be 1-2 doing their job on the server but maybe I just only connect at good times. I cannot say ure wrong either coz I wasn't there the times you felt like that probably.

If you have an issue with any of the members you can always collect evidence of neglecting their moderation duty and then PMing the administration team; I understand it's probably easier with a public and generalised message but that's not gonna bring us any further, really :/

Of course there is power and status difference but I've tried hard to make everyone feel equal, problem is some staff members think they're above others coz they "technically" are. Instead of treating everyone equally they have to prove some kind of thing just because they have a title or expect that it's already proven with the title. I see it more as people who fully intend to make a place better, therefore given tools to make sure that the servers perpetually continue to prosper and PROVE to the players that they can. Instead, as you say, a lot of people just like the status and power and imo that's wrong.

- Benjamin Franklin
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

Replying "Easier said than done" isn't sufficient in this case. How would you react if wrote a lot of text, and you get that kind of a reply?
Oh yeah? Would you rather get a straight up answer or a big fat paragraph full of shit which doesn't make sense at all?

farfar

Post by farfar »

Shabba wrote:
Oh yeah? Would you rather get a straight up answer or a big fat paragraph full of shit which doesn't make sense at all?
Well Shabba to bad you feel like there isn't much to do, then i will start saying " easier said then done" for everything that members or admins tell me to change ?

Comeon, be a bit seriouse i'm sure you feel offended by my topic, even tho it wasn't even ricted against you. But i don't care tbh. I just wanted the admins and the members to think about these stuff, i ain't saying anyone should leave, just that they should try to be more involved when stuff happens, and maybe even now and then listen to the regulars that we have here on nD, i think most of the members have their "friends" here, wich means that even if that person brakes the rule, they end up with dussin of "warnings" instead of any actions really... Maybe this may be the case causing that it's not moderated enough... maybe it's because some feel like they do more than others and feel like they don't do a difference... i don't really know... i just wanted you guys to interact in this discussion and maybe even be able to tell us the regulars why it is like this... because i'm sure i'm not alone thinking these stuff...
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

This is what, the 3rd or 4th topic they make about members not being active enough and interacting with the server in the right way to keep it clean and steady? Yet, there hasn't been any changes, a few members left since they felt like they weren't doing good enough and one left due to the fact his efforts weren't appreciated when he was doing more than most members and things are still the same. I do appreciate the fact you made this topic but it's nothing knew that the staff team doesn't know about.

Members nowadays tend to give out 2/3 warnings before they even act with a kick and that's why people in the server cross the line very easily cos they know they won't be punished if they do it once and repeat it another two times. But, who doesn't know that as well? Also, regarding the member factor how many people in the server nowadays do you think that requires what it takes to become a member? Honestly, it's easy to criticise current members but if you look at member standards it will get worse and you won't have much better lol

Return to “Jailbreak Trash”