[Declined] zm_boatescape new map.

masterborn12

zm_boatescape new map.

Post by masterborn12 »

http://www.counter-strike-maps.com/down ... boatescape the map is for cs5 i dont have any screenshots i advise to download the map is 18 mb. the link is above. i got youtoube video its the same map but not server and its not mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4dAtED0vN4
Last edited by masterborn12 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
masterborn12

Re: zm_boatescape new map.

Post by masterborn12 »

sorry for my bad english. if u have any questions about the map please ask. and this is NOT MINE map.
W_a_S_y_L

Post by W_a_S_y_L »

Escape map like any other.

I'm not sure it's gonna be that popular with the regulars, seeing we allready had escape maps before.

People tend to troll on these, causing unnecesary flamewars.

I'm saying this out of my own experience
akusteele

Post by akusteele »

Don't know what other escape maps there was before, but i can say that on my opinion this is good map based on how much i have played this. As the name says really, the only way for humans to survive is get to the helo at the other end of the map.
And if zombies play as team, they can easily win in this map. In this map there also is no holes or other bottleneck hiding places (as shown on that video, awesome sounds from c&c btw :D) where x amount of humans can camp the entire round, collection dozens of ammopacks.
Which also makes this map a good one, since the only way for humans to survive really is the chopper which takes them to the island.
Evil-homer

Post by Evil-homer »

escape maps are strange , people ask for them and want them but when they are played they empty the server , i think they are popular for the first 5 mins or so then people get bored

when the escape maps were in the map cycle they were very hit and miss , people would always ask for them but the server would often go from almost full to around half full every time one was played

we once tried an escape maps only server but it didnt get enough players , hence the reason why no escape maps are played at the mo
masterborn12

Post by masterborn12 »

the zombie server 2011 - early 2012 the server were like almost empty since the update which took 2 months of course ppl will leave.
Emziek

Post by Emziek »

The server have been up and running for way longer than that and from the past it's always been the way that people leave the server directly when a escape map gets voted for. It's a shame cuz i myself really like the Escape maps. However it seems like we're in the miniority of the players that actually do like them and all we can do is accept that unless we want an empty server.
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
masterborn12

Post by masterborn12 »

maybe we should try if it gets popular again ??
Путинтебяобстрелит

Post by Путинтебяобстрелит »

Dude

Its 24-32 players like eache day so ...
16:28 - .Cell.: cause ur black
Russia will rape ya.
akusteele

Post by akusteele »

yes.. though it's not like anyone is asking that the server should be filled with escape maps, just one or two good ones which are in map cycle. Then people can at least vote them and if majority don't want to play one, no harm done :)
Maki

Post by Maki »

akusteele wrote:yes.. though it's not like anyone is asking that the server should be filled with escape maps, just one or two good ones which are in map cycle. Then people can at least vote them and if majority don't want to play one, no harm done :)
From what the old ZM members say, they mean that everytime the map would actually get online, the server would empty fast. I don't think it's a risk that we should take. Especially if those maps didn't work back then, it'll most likely not work now either.
masterborn12

Post by masterborn12 »

depends on what map u have almost server have zm_boatescape and it was a great sucees when i was admin on zod and made a map vote almost 80% wanted the map and zod is popular.
NoizeBeat

Post by NoizeBeat »

for being playing this map lot of times, there was always lot of people on server when we played it
[youtube]xqFic9BWYHA[/youtube]
masterborn12

Post by masterborn12 »

u see some maps are bad some are good this is the good ones.
ShAl' D.

Post by ShAl' D. »

I'll give my opinion there, as I think I'm one of the people that had to experience the most this map during the hard days of CS4-refilling.

This map may be fun for the very first 5 minutes of gaming. After that, people will get awsomely bored by the incredible number of bugs it contains.

I won't mention them all but people who REALLY played this map will easily remember most of them :
- the forever bugging heli that is blocked (by players or even by its own) every single round
- the zombies falling into the water and not dying making some rounds last forever
- people surfing through the channel and ending the map way too fast and therefore making it lame for the average players
- the boats that often aren't moving from the spawn site
- the nemesis who's not dying when the map is over (when CT's escaped)

Basically when this map will be on, there'll be several ways to react coming from the players :
- some of them will just leave
- some of them will obviously make fun of the bugs mentionned above
- some of them will just go afk at spawn
- some of them will anti at spawn and shoot the forementionned afk'ers

I think the reasons I mentionned are what we could called good reasons to forget about this map, and they are because I had to experience every single of those at least some hundreds of times. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trashing every escape maps. What I'm saying is that THIS particular escape map shouldn't ever be added again on nD servers. For example, even escape_train or jurassicpark are from far less buggy than this one.

Just my opinion.
"I'll be going now. I'll come back when it's all over" - Aerith (Final Fantasy VII)

Return to “Declined Maps”