Custom Wolf is the one WW game where the players get to make the rolelist that we play with. Everybody must make one role, which will be passed by me for balancing. Balance is decided by the average power levels of submitted/accepted roles (if everybody makes vanillager roles, Dreaming Gods won't be accepted) and roles' complexity (if your role adds an hour of round-ending calculations or requires a Shakespearean epic to explain it, it won't be accepted). You cannot start the game with your own role, and roles are randomized every round (and you can't get the same role twice in a row, unless role shenanigans happen). If a player dies with a role, that role is locked with the dead player and is taken out of the role rotation. So, example: if you made a Soothsayer role, you could start as a Vig, then be a Seer for the second round, and your Soothsayer for the third. Additionally, I will be handing out role modifiers to evil/neutral players based on the makeup of the roles in the game. If everybody makes a Seer role, then odds are 75% of the Wolves will be Peek Immune. All of the roles will be posted in the spoiler (below the Rules) as I get them (since balancing), making this game an Open game. Your Nightly PM for each round will contain what role number you are (i.e. which role in the spoiler'd list you are) and any information for that role that you need/is mandated by that role (like if it has any charges left on its ability).
Here's an example role for you guys (
These are the Standard Rules for the game. If somebody makes a role that alters one of these rules, I will try to change it accordingly asap (i.e. someone makes a Ghost role that can speak while dead, or makes a role that swaps roles with target player on death).
Game Type: Open
Common Round Type: Speedplay (Rounds consist of one Hybrid day/night phase, so submit your night actions as you vote)
Action Timestamp: No Surprises (Anything 1 minute after the time-limit will not count i.e. if the round ends at 7pm, 7:00 counts but 7:01 doesn't)
Voting Type: Timed Lynch (Lynch occurs at a set time every round).
Ghost Etiquette: RP Play Style (Feel free to post non-game-related content; if you don't know if something's game related, run it by me first)
Talking to Ghosts: Unsafe (Dead players don't stay dead, so don't tell anybody your secrets)
Game Start: Host Save (R0 target is perfectly fine, but is named as being attacked)
R0 Peeks: Random Negative (Dunno how this will go for wolves, so I'll probably be revisiting this rule)
Nightkills: Enacted by one chosen player on evil team(s), can be roleblocked and tracked.
Death Flips: On (Your current role and Alignment are revealed on death)
Modkill: Gotta make ~3 game-related posts per round or you get that warning (and then a modkill if you already got one). Also get the modkill if you quote the Host (or other non-host-quoting ways of cheating/trolling, use common sense people).
Preferred method of Role submission: Discord or NeonDragon PM. You can use Steam to bug me, but I might mess your role up if I don't have the permanence of the Discord Log / ND PM to back it up.
Encryption/Cyphers: No Secret Encryption/Cyphers.
So, to hammer this home: bullet-points.
- You make your own roles.
- I make sure they're balanced (and tell you to remake it if it isn't)
- No roles can be too OP or UP (underpowered) from the rest of the roles.
- Roles can't require extensive time or explanation to work.
- I'm debating what to do about roles that are JUST a one-off power. Maybe I'll add a rule saying one-off only roles lock the role to you when you use em.
- Roles must be, at least, moderately understandable by the average player (which is a shitty wishy-washy description for a rule, but it's the best I got?)
- Roles are randomized between players at the start of each round
- You can't start the game with your own role.
- You can't get the same role twice in a row.
- Dying causes the role you had to be removed from the game too.
- I'll throw in some modifiers based on the role makeup to balance it a bit.
- All roles will be put into the spoiler for roles below, making them all public.
- All roles must be created BEFORE alignments are handed out.
- Certain roles may change/break one of the rules here or below (see Drunk and Information Expert from the Redux thread).
- These games are a clusterfuck. I try my best to balance and keep everything smooth, but it's easy to miss stuff. Don't expect perfection out of me.
One role each round is publicly designated a Quantum Seer, receiving a random peek result if alive (villagers get a random player's alignment, wolves get the roles that two other players have). This includes R0, but villagers will only get innocent results (and wolves only get 1 role).
Wolves share one toughness and one wolf at random gets a brutal modifier.
Three hidden modifiers will be given to random villagers (and they can't stack): one full toughness, one Lynch-only toughness, and one kill-only toughness (i.e. can be Lynched).
Order of Actions: (Challenge) – Roleblocks/Purge – Lynch – Protections – Everything Else – Kills – Role Assignment
I've used 12 players as a base goal for signups before, but I could run with less or more depending on how many people want to stir some chaos. Wolves will be about 25% of the game, and I'm not above throwing some neutrals in there if necessary. And I'll keep signups open for... I dunno, awhile. I just finished my last class of Summer Quarter, so I got time.
- Wertydoo -