[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Mystic

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 2 Day ends 21:00 GMT Tuesday]

Post by Mystic »

WaywardVole wrote:Wow, slow R2. Makes me wonder what machinations are going on behind the scenes :D

I'll prolly end up voting Blaze because I loathe trolls, but I do want at least a small discussion on other people/factions. Not much has been said about DF and Retribution - what are people's leads/thoughts on them? I sure as hell don't want to deal with them late-game.
They are most likely laying low, avoiding attention at all costs to reach their late-gamw strength.

I also want to add on to my previous post that ultor is most likely the same realm as katika or werty. The same way mendel is trying to keep the lynch off of blaze, ultor was doing the same thing when I lead him on in the discord. He even posted logs that are mostly speculation with no proper arguments and flaws in reasoning. From his eagerness to lynch blaze I'd say there is a very good chance he is the same realm as katika/werty.
Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow
MMage

Post by MMage »

test post (to make the 5 post minimum) please ignore
HATER wrote:Since several players have asked what balance principles Rain and I upheld in the design of this setup--
Well first, we taped realm power ideas onto darts...
As for the Ultor vote: His iso doesn't say much about team affiliation at all, just that he's spread misinformation and has an absolute hate-boner for TD. This could be spawned from Mendel revealing the BF/SS majors early game (and being upset at his team info being "leaked"), that TD was the first to have a public member (and he just latched onto it), he legit believes TD is the end-all be-all holy fuck team for... some reason, or he just doesn't like Mendel. Either way, he's been active and consistent in his anti-TD mantra (I attribute his R1 actions not as trying to save Sweedy, but trying to murder Mendel as that fits better with the rest of his posts), but that only tells me he isn't TD (and quite possibly made game info up (i.e. misinformation) to damn them harder). He might be BF/SS if you go for the first reason for his crusade, but that's the only lead (and it's p arbitrary/ethereal). So, he's also up in the air with the not-wanting-to-kill-teammates vote.

Blaze... is something. He's got a few semi-BF claims in there which I've already quoted in my previous post. His only posts that aren't trollish or soft claims (of which the self-vote could be one for SS) are the ones where he says semi-random information to fill out post counts; where he goes after Numble, who was probably his R0; or where he tries to murder Mendel, for... something? Mendel mentioned on Discord that Blaze might be holding a grudge against him from a previous WW game, so that could explain that. However, with Mendel claiming and basically proving his TDness, I can't see a TD Blaze ignoring that (and trying to kill Mendel) over that grudge. To ignore uncontested information that someone else is on your team and go after them starts treading towards modkillable.
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

WaywardVole wrote:Wow, slow R2. Makes me wonder what machinations are going on behind the scenes :D

I'll prolly end up voting Blaze because I loathe trolls, but I do want at least a small discussion on other people/factions. Not much has been said about DF and Retribution - what are people's leads/thoughts on them? I sure as hell don't want to deal with them late-game.
Sounds like you're neither.
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

Ultor wrote:why arent the afks voting? 1hr 30 mins left
Tbh, maybe we should lynch one of them for the sake of game. Like, we're still likely to hit a member of depths, sands or frosts.
Lawliet
Friend of the Community

Post by Lawliet »

Mystic wrote:At this point in the game I do not mind lynching blaze, since he has done fuckall the whole game long. That said, since he has such a large wagon on him anyway I might just keep my vote on myself to show once more how much influence I have this round.
Not contributing in deciding the lynch again eh? You could make it easier and just publicly announce how much influence you have this round no?
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

Lawliet wrote:
Mystic wrote:At this point in the game I do not mind lynching blaze, since he has done fuckall the whole game long. That said, since he has such a large wagon on him anyway I might just keep my vote on myself to show once more how much influence I have this round.
Not contributing in deciding the lynch again eh? You could make it easier and just publicly announce how much influence you have this round no?
would you believe me of i said I have 3 influence still? thought not. but as you wish. [vote blaze]
can some1 fix me the tally?
Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow
Lawliet
Friend of the Community

Post by Lawliet »

On a second thought, I think lynching an SS member this round is not a bad idea, their major would still give them an edge despite losing one of their members R1. Only other choice is lynching a TD (mendel) who probably got adrenaline effect this round. Blaze however, I'm not very sure,, if he's TD I expect him to be modkilled by the end of this round anyway.
I suggest voting either Mendel(TD) or Maki(probably SS or BF) this round, still about an hour I believe till this round ends so I guess it's not too late to start a wagon.
[vote Maki]

Code: Select all

Mendel - 1 - Katika VS
Blaze - 10 - Ultor, Patrick, MMage, Freddy, Cruxell, Blaze, ARSENIC, AnOddGuy, WaywardVole, UnwaveringGrey
Waywardvole - 1 - Cap_H
Ultor - 1 - Mendel
Maki - 1 - Lawliet
No Vote (self vote) - 4 - Mystic, Wertydoo, Maki, Numble
Lawliet
Friend of the Community

Post by Lawliet »

Mystic wrote:
Lawliet wrote:
would you believe me of i said I have 3 influence still? thought not. but as you wish. [vote blaze]
can some1 fix me the tally?
I would baby <3

Mendel - 1 - Katika VS
Blaze - 11 - Ultor, Patrick, MMage, Freddy, Cruxell, Blaze, ARSENIC, AnOddGuy, WaywardVole, UnwaveringGrey, Mystic
Waywardvole - 1 - Cap_H
Ultor - 1 - Mendel
Maki - 1 - Lawliet
No Vote (self vote) - 3 -  Wertydoo, Maki, Numble
MMage

Post by MMage »

For boredom/potential information and the post limit, let's go analyze a Wayward iso (and totally not because recent posts have quoted him or anything what are you talking about).
WaywardVole wrote:[in]
I already don't like you since you were the 20th person who made the game start and locked me into playing

R1: Focused on preventing the SS major by lynching a Sweedy (and thus made the active decision to "side with" TD rather than SS). Logic was basically the same as mine; SS Major was/is a giant pain in the ass and preventing that's prob a good idea. Made a bit of an attempt to sway Mendel voters to SS.

R2: Keeps fighting the good anti-SS fight (there's a Nazi joke in here somewhere...) with some vote analysis speculation, but doesn't really take it anywhere. When challenged to be from TD, responds pretty neutrally (not overly defensive or anything). Gets confused by the game being so rapid/complex, and calls his shot on Blaze after the wagon has formed (but takes a bit to actually vote him). Finally, puts DF and Reti back in the game's focus.

Team reads: idk, lol. Possible that he could be TD, but the response to Cap's callout over it seemed normally chill. Unlikely that he's SS; Sweedy was so close to lynch that if he'd wanted to have saved him he could probably've done it without drawing attention. Reminds the game about DF/Reti, who've probably enjoyed their darkness away from the spotlight. No clue on BF. It's a toss-up between BF or one of the late-game factions imo.

It's interesting that Wayward calls out his vote targets a good post before voting them. Probably a layover from a normal mafia game where that'd give a sense of follow-through or consistency to legitimize him.
WaywardVole wrote:Not much has been said about DF and Retribution - what are people's leads/thoughts on them? I sure as hell don't want to deal with them late-game.
In response to this: I'd rather not deal with them late-game either, but the demon we know (SS' Major having full influence control) is more prevalent now than the demon we don't (whatever their majors do). Further... we just don't have any public information on either realm. "We" (the game as a whole) got lucky with Mendel outright claiming TD and Sweedy claiming SS, so we've been chasing the obvious leads rather than creating new ones with voting pressure. Mendel will probably live till next round as well, leaving another round with a semi-obvious lynch... so we'll end up getting to the late-game factions by round 4? Seems dangerous, but we just don't have info. And I'm out of time to say anything moreeeeeeeeeee.
Spoiler!
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

How about a cfd? Interesting nobody followed Mendel on Ultor. Maybe it's a distancing tactic.
I guess Mage wrote quite an informative and long post just to defend wayward, who is very like BF or SS.
Blaze is a dead man walking, so there's no reason for throwaway votes (also I don't want to give out my influence).

[vote Blaze]
MMage

Post by MMage »

MMage wrote:And I'm out of time to say anything moreeeeeeeeeee.
For other players: don't use https://greenwichmeantime.com/ to figure out what time it is in GMT, as their clock fuckin displays GMT+1. So I DO have some time.
this was all just a ploy to make another post totally 100%

So, response to my response: unless some wizards come into public with peeks (which may be... kinda safe? the only realm without one is retribution, so nobody'll be able to go after you for a role claim maybe (and those who would want to murder specific roles would be checked by teammate fake claims (knight asking wiz buddy for peek result and claiming wiz with it))), or one of the late-game factions decides to scream out some "im an ez pz target pls murder", then the only public info we could have right now would be pressure. One way to use it could be to pressure players into revealing their realm or being lynched, but that has the drawback of screwing over whatever team the selected player belongs to (which is slightly less likely to be an end-game one than otherwise). However, once we do find an end-game faction person, we can use past lynch votes to see who they were trying to save/bus/stick with/etc for moar leads.

As for danger, I've already gone over what I thought about Retribution, so I'll do some DF. DF effectively has two disparities, one getting worse every single round with more secret marks placed (i.e. their minor). Mendel only says that DF's major is straight-forward and hard to prepare for, so I don't really know what to make of that. My best guess for dealing with them would be to reduce them to 2 players to be considered a non-threat, and then kill both of those players at the same time to avoid their double disparities from activating (which will require some srs info).

Ninja Edit @Cap: I just wanted to make an analysis since that's a thing that's sometimes done to pad out post counts. Chose Wayward because he'd been quoted a bit at the time I started making my toast. :taco:
Spoiler!
HATER

Post by HATER »

I have received private (advance-ish?) notice from Katika AD that she will be physically unable to reach a computer to make her last post before the deadline.

In light of this notification, I will suspend judgement on a modkill, though if anyone here finds themselves in this situation, please contact me asap and try not to wait until 20 minutes before the deadline.

Edit: Nvm, she made it after all.
These users thanked the author HATER for the post:
Katika VS
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

Analysis is good, I'm just not sure how it works in this game. It almost feels like people, who are lurking, are getting an edge.
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

[vote Maki]
BF/SS read of mine, hide my vote total, dont wanna vote myself or blaze

Mendel - 1 - Katika VS
Blaze - 12 - Ultor, Patrick, MMage, Freddy, Cruxell, Blaze, ARSENIC, AnOddGuy, WaywardVole, UnwaveringGrey, Mystic, Cap_H
Maki - 2 - Lawliet, Mendel
No Vote (self vote) - 3 -  Wertydoo, Maki, Numble
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

Mendel - 1 - Katika VS
Blaze - 13 - Ultor, Patrick, MMage, Freddy, Cruxell, Blaze, ARSENIC, AnOddGuy, WaywardVole, UnwaveringGrey, Mystic, Cap_H, Wertydoo
Maki - 2 - Lawliet, Mendel
No Vote (self vote) - 2 -  Maki, Numble
I claim Spider Man :trollface:

Return to “Finished Games”