[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Patrick
Friend of the Community

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 1 Day ends 21:00 GMT Sunday]

Post by Patrick »

Ultor wrote:Remember that SS haven't even reached major, they are not at the same threat level as TD who are constantly gaining influence and powers.

My personal guess:
TD- Mendel, Patrick, Lawliet, Blaze
Can I ask where you got these names from? Looks like one of the usual Ultor-plays where you change the list millions of times per. round. Earlier you also linked me to Mendel on discord and I never got an answer why?
Anoddguy

Post by Anoddguy »

I'm not confused! I just had work. and sleep. Do you people do that ever?

[Vote Mendel] Because I was already planning on it, and nothing has really changed my thoughts just yet. If he's adrenaline'd then that's used up and no longer a problem. If he's not, cool. Would suck to waste a lynch like that, but such is life.

Kati/Werty would be a better vote, but I'm not sure that's what I want just yet.

I need to set up a chart so I can logic-puzzle my way to who's who.

Code: Select all

Mendel - 2 - Katika VS, AnOddGuy
Blaze - 1 - Ultor
Katika VS - 1 - Mendel

No Vote (self vote) - 16 - ARSENIC, Blaze, Cap_H, Cruxell, Lawliet, Maki, MMage, Mystic, Numble, Patrick, UnwaveringGrey, WaywardVole, Wertydoo, Freddy
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Game related post 2:

I believe numble is not alligned with me
Anoddguy

Post by Anoddguy »

Actually, Katika VS and Wertydoo are probably the BF crew's R0 "not your realm" peeks. Not sure if anyone pointed that out already.

Also: Updating the code because I can't count and voting is an important civic duty
[Vote Mendel]

Code: Select all

Mendel - 2 - Katika VS, AnOddGuy
Blaze - 1 - Ultor
Katika VS - 1 - Mendel
Waywardvole - 1 - Cap_H

No Vote (self vote) - 13 - ARSENIC, Blaze, Cruxell, Lawliet, Maki, MMage, Mystic, Numble, Patrick, UnwaveringGrey, WaywardVole, Wertydoo, Freddy
WaywardVole

Post by WaywardVole »

Anoddguy wrote:Actually, Katika VS and Wertydoo are probably the BF crew's R0 "not your realm" peeks. Not sure if anyone pointed that out already.

Because I too need a fucking spreadsheet to keep this game straight, how do you figure this?
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Mendel wrote:my personal guess

Ultor, Maki = BF
Katika, Cruxell = SS
Numble = suspicious bastard
Blaze = grudge
AnOddGuy, Fred = confused, not posting much?

but yeah, I dunno
There was 38 influence in total in the final tally of the last round. This is 2 less than what the total influence in the game was, 40. The only possibility is that exactly 1 Scorching Sands player with exactly 1 influence voted on Sweedy, hence subtracting the influence on him. Anything else is mathematically impossible.

There can't be two SS members among those who voted for Sweedy.

Regarding the list of what realms players belong to, allow me to refer you to Patrick's response to an identical stunt pulled by Ultor.
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

Cruxell wrote:There can't be two SS members among those who voted for Sweedy.
Unless one of them was the politician who used his ability to put his actual votes on Mendel in private. Which would have been the smart thing to do.
Anoddguy

Post by Anoddguy »

I guess it's not definite, but I'm assuming that as soon as BF got matched up, they traded R0 peeks, and one of them thought "Hey, I have an ability that targets two people and can kill them both."
I suppose it's possible that they have more than 2 definite safe picks already, but I think it's more likely they used their R0 peeks. We can't know for sure, so it seems kinda random, especially as neither has singled themselves out as on realm or another. (I don't think?)
But really, I could be completely wrong.
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

I would imagine that BF would use their Doom ability on a more pressing pair of targets, but who knows. It makes as much sense as TD having not already unlocked their major yet.

Speaking of TD not having their major yet, I can't really think of any reason for them not to have it. Unless Mendel asking for the last player to contact him is a ruse. It would help to negate the aggro that would be gained from them unlocking their major ability, in addition to keeping us in the dark as to what that ability actually accomplishes. It would also give TD two separate role blocks per turn, as opposed to one role block and their major. It's possible that at this point having a second roleblock might be preferable to having one roleblock and whatever the TD major is.
Rainboy

Post by Rainboy »

Clarification: The Merchant's Transfer is like the Wizard's Doom in that one endpoint MUST be the Merchant. The wording on the ability isn't great; sorry about that.
Sense? What fun is there in making sense...?
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

I finally read more about individual realms a I agree that SS might be the most dangerous one, when it comes to influence. But there are other ways to control the game and given the twisted depths still haven't activated their major, it's more than possible Mendel's not one of them or he's too exposed and roleblocked (or he only got contacted by one other TD player, which is less likely).

But I don't think we need to kill another BF player. So, this is an important possibility to consider.
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

Cruxell wrote:
Mendel wrote:my personal guess

Ultor, Maki = BF
Katika, Cruxell = SS
Numble = suspicious bastard
Blaze = grudge
AnOddGuy, Fred = confused, not posting much?

but yeah, I dunno
There was 38 influence in total in the final tally of the last round. This is 2 less than what the total influence in the game was, 40. The only possibility is that exactly 1 Scorching Sands player with exactly 1 influence voted on Sweedy, hence subtracting the influence on him. Anything else is mathematically impossible.

There can't be two SS members among those who voted for Sweedy.

Regarding the list of what realms players belong to, allow me to refer you to Patrick's response to an identical stunt pulled by Ultor.
Cruxell, this is the post you quoted. You deleted the copy of the vote tally line that shows that this is the list of people who voted on me. So If 1 SS voted on Sweedy, then 3 voted on me, including Sweedy himself, so 2 are stilll alive.
UnwaveringGrey wrote:
Cruxell wrote:There can't be two SS members among those who voted for Sweedy.
Unless one of them was the politician who used his ability to put his actual votes on Mendel in private. Which would have been the smart thing to do.
And that is a very good point, I hadn't considered that. The smart thing for the politician to do would be to vote on me, to make my wagon seem larger and more attractive, and put the vote on Sweedy to make people believe there was a SS on them when there wasn't. (Well, that's what they would have done if they acted as a team.) The trouble is though that for that to work, SS would have to have contacted each other; Sweedy did claim in public, so it *is* possible, and we might have gotten incredibly lucky and lynched the wizard, and that's why they've not unlocked the major.

And I have to admit, while I was composing the list, I had 3 people selected for SS, and thought "nah, can't be", so I switched Maki up to BF and took Fred off BF. This is not a stunt, this is assigning the people voting me to the best of my knowledge, the people on this guess won't change.

My nightmare scenario is BF and SS contacting Sweedy on round 0 and allying. Not saying that it happened, that is nightmare food right there. And the SS are probably going to be afraid of census, so if major is unlocked, probably won't go all out on it right away, and then they might be the ones just slightly below average, and with their minor, needn't even be the realm with lowest total vote to snag the nightkill, so yeah, they might not be using their major to its full potential right away.

So anyway.

make a wagon on one of my suspects and I'll join you
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

Fun fact: if you compare letters on the same position of the names of all major specials, the most duplicates are on the second letter.
https://i.imgur.com/98ca1di.png
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

how do u know which realm i am in mendel when i dont even know myself
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

Mendel wrote:Fun fact: if you compare letters on the same position of the names of all major specials, the most duplicates are on the second letter.
Do you think it's some sort of coded message? Should we call the host in to modkill himself?

Return to “Finished Games”