[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Mendel

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 1 Day ends 21:00 GMT Sunday]

Post by Mendel »

There shouldn't be any inactives left by now, but here goes anyway, for the fourth time:

Attention Twisted Depths Players!

If you have not yet claimed to me, please click "isolate" at the top of this post, read everything I have posted, and note that including the post at the bottom of the last page, I have demonstrated some knowledge of at least 3 Major Specials. Please join the team!

I have claimed specifically that
  • Barren Frosts can kill and steal the powers of connected players with their Major Special
  • Scorching Sands can reassign all Influence with their Major Special
  • our special is not offensive in nature, we can't go on a rampage with it
  • the Desolate Falls and Retribution Specials are very powerful, but in a straight kind of fashion, hard to prepare for
  • the Retribution Major Special does not buff Zombies
Every Special on this list is missing details, some of which I would ask you to provide when you claim to me, so I can recognize you as my team-mate.

Please do so ASAP, you can contact me via forum PM or Discord. We need to coordinate, and if I die, you will be unable to contact us.

https://i.imgur.com/98ca1di.png
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
WaywardVole

Post by WaywardVole »

@Mendel - if you weren't already posting up a storm, I'd accuse you of padding your post count with those TD callouts.

Does anyone know what the updated vote is? Catching up on everyone's posts is a bit mad.
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

Ok,
Let me try to break down some points. I apologize in advance for I am intoxicated, and the point may get away from me a bit. Feel free to ask questions.
1. There seems to be this lack of trust surrounding Mendel’s claim and provided info.
a. Why is this relevant? What does lying about a hard R1 claim do for him exactly? The best he could hope for is being BF and creating false connections with TD but that is so risky. I don’t buy it. And not only that, if his intentions are to connect with the rest of TD, lying about the major infos would not help him, at all. It’s obvious that he is telling a truth, even if it is a paraphrased one. This whole argument against him is short-sided and serves no real purpose than to come up with crappy excuses to lynch the loud guy.
2. Sweedy is a much bigger threat!!!!!!
a. He claimed SS. At this point it might as well be a hard claim. Go ISO him, and Mmage and the results are clear as day.
b. Some of us (Ultor) don’t seem to understand the balancing dynamics in this game setup. All factions are equal, sure. Not at the same time. There are clear and present advantages to different factions at different points during the game. I.E. R1-R2 is a great time for BF to create an info route as it is the point in the game where information is a larger commodity. BF has a clear advantage in this regard with their kit and can infiltrate and dismantle an entire realm on their own if done properly. TD, is largely a support realm (MUCH LIKE THE ELDAR IN WARHAMMER!!!). They’re strengths reveal themselves as they hold out. As they survive. They couldn’t mount a full scale attack against any realm in the first 3 rounds at least. Even after connecting with all of their team, they would still have to weed out any infiltration and confirm their foundations before mounting an attack. Yal are falling for the red scare here. SS could have lynch control as early as R2.
3. People seem to think my relation to mendel from last game is impacting this one. This isn’t fucking Undertale guys. You’re not gonna have a bad time. Fuck off.
4. Thank you for your time.
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

wertydoo wrote:Ok,
Let me try to break down some points. I apologize in advance for I am intoxicated, and the point may get away from me a bit. Feel free to ask questions.
1. There seems to be this lack of trust surrounding Mendel’s claim and provided info.
a. Why is this relevant? What does lying about a hard R1 claim do for him exactly? The best he could hope for is being BF and creating false connections with TD but that is so risky. I don’t buy it. And not only that, if his intentions are to connect with the rest of TD, lying about the major infos would not help him, at all. It’s obvious that he is telling a truth, even if it is a paraphrased one. This whole argument against him is short-sided and serves no real purpose than to come up with crappy excuses to lynch the loud guy.
2. Sweedy is a much bigger threat!!!!!!
a. He claimed SS. At this point it might as well be a hard claim. Go ISO him, and Mmage and the results are clear as day.
b. Some of us (Ultor) don’t seem to understand the balancing dynamics in this game setup. All factions are equal, sure. Not at the same time. There are clear and present advantages to different factions at different points during the game. I.E. R1-R2 is a great time for BF to create an info route as it is the point in the game where information is a larger commodity. BF has a clear advantage in this regard with their kit and can infiltrate and dismantle an entire realm on their own if done properly. TD, is largely a support realm (MUCH LIKE THE ELDAR IN WARHAMMER!!!). They’re strengths reveal themselves as they hold out. As they survive. They couldn’t mount a full scale attack against any realm in the first 3 rounds at least. Even after connecting with all of their team, they would still have to weed out any infiltration and confirm their foundations before mounting an attack. Yal are falling for the red scare here. SS could have lynch control as early as R2.
3. People seem to think my relation to mendel from last game is impacting this one. This isn’t fucking Undertale guys. You’re not gonna have a bad time. Fuck off.
4. Thank you for your time.
their*
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
HATER

Post by HATER »

WaywardVole wrote:@Mendel - if you weren't already posting up a storm, I'd accuse you of padding your post count with those TD callouts.

Does anyone know what the updated vote is? Catching up on everyone's posts is a bit mad.

This appears to be the current tally (please let me know if any mistakes have been made):

Code: Select all

Mendel - 9 -  Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, AnOddGuy, Katika VS, Maki, Cruxell, Blaze
SweedyGonzales - 10 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo, WaywardVole, Cap_H
No vote (self vote) - 1 - Mystic
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
HATER

Post by HATER »

15 Minutes remaining before we move into the night, y'all. Do what you gotta do.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

Why Sweedy is more dangerous than I am

If he is Scorching Sands
Sweedy claimed Scorching Sands in post #143.
Their Passive says: Voting for another member of Scorching Sands forms a connection , so if Sweedy survives, every player who voted on him is connected. If two players do this, they have their major special, which means they can rewrite all influence, giving themselves the lynch, or the nightkill, or using their minor special, keep some influence on one of their members (there is a limit) and still get the nightkill, and probably still manipulate the lynch by giving influence to those who help them.

TD, on the other hand, gains a temporary advantage of 6 Influence max. and a small margin on top of that for gifting ourselves while also receiving random gifts. That is going to be less than what any two other realms have combined, and we don't have a merchant.

If he is Barren Frost
You need to kill him with fire. If Barren Frost ever makes their major, they can kill a connected player each round and steal their power, which will soon make them the most OP realm in the game. When TD rearranges roles, we just switch our existing power around, we can't make it grow.

Please heed your own interests, vote Sweedy.

To any of my teammates, if you have not claimed to me, you have about 15 minutes left before the lynch comes around.
Anoddguy

Post by Anoddguy »

My last vote was for Sweedy, I switched sides because I agree that the logic for SS being the more annoying problem is pretty sound, given what we know.
As long as we manage to avoid giving BF too many connections, they are less of an aggressive problem.

We'll just have to see what happens after the lynch, and go from there, I suppose.
WaywardVole

Post by WaywardVole »

Anoddguy wrote:My last vote was for Sweedy, I switched sides because I agree that the logic for SS being the more annoying problem is pretty sound, given what we know.
As long as we manage to avoid giving BF too many connections, they are less of an aggressive problem.

We'll just have to see what happens after the lynch, and go from there, I suppose.

Is that you definitely changing your vote from Mendel then? If so, please update the lynch tally.
WaywardVole

Post by WaywardVole »

Ignore my previous post - here's the updated count (to the best of my knowledge)

Mendel - 8 -  Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, Katika VS, Maki, Cruxell, Blaze
SweedyGonzales - 11 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo, WaywardVole, Cap_H, AnOddGuy
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

Anoddguy wrote:I refuse to say how, but I did a dumb when I read the SS passive and will change my vote. I agree that for the time being, SS is a bigger problem.

[Vote SweedyGonzales]

Mendel - 7 - Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, Katika VS, Maki, Cruxell
SweedyGonzales - 10 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo, WaywardVole, AnOddGuy
Romeo - 1 - Cap_H
Numble - 1 - Blaze

Expected LHLV: SweedyGonzales
Valid Vote IMO, got left out of the tally
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

disregard my previopous post, please, i got ninja'd
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

WaywardVole wrote:@Mendel - if you weren't already posting up a storm, I'd accuse you of padding your post count with those TD callouts.

This game's not about solving as much as it's about staying alive and killing right people.
Liquid Rage

Post by Liquid Rage »

Votes locked. Final tally:

SweedyGonzales - 11 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo, WaywardVole, Cap_H, AnOddGuy
Mendel - 8 -  Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, Katika VS, Maki, Cruxell, Blaze
Mystic - 1 - Mystic

Day results coming soon.
Sometimes lies are more reliable than the truth.
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

wertydoo wrote:b. Some of us (Ultor) don’t seem to understand the balancing dynamics in this game setup. All factions are equal, sure. Not at the same time. There are clear and present advantages to different factions at different points during the game. I.E. R1-R2 is a great time for BF to create an info route as it is the point in the game where information is a larger commodity. BF has a clear advantage in this regard with their kit and can infiltrate and dismantle an entire realm on their own if done properly. TD, is largely a support realm (MUCH LIKE THE ELDAR IN WARHAMMER!!!). They’re strengths reveal themselves as they hold out. As they survive. They couldn’t mount a full scale attack against any realm in the first 3 rounds at least. Even after connecting with all of their team, they would still have to weed out any infiltration and confirm their foundations before mounting an attack. Yal are falling for the red scare here. SS could have lynch control as early as R2.
You can ask HATER if you're not sure of the game mechanics. What I have done is used common sense to arrive at the conclusion that all realms are equally strong. Some realms may excel in this and others in that, but their net strength will always be the same.
If TD and Sweedy's realm were in an identical position, I'd support voting for Sweedy. The only problem is that TD is fully connected and gathered, whereas Sweedy's realm is not. We don't even know which realm Sweedy is part of since he never claimed. It is true that both BF and SS are stronger in the early game than TD, but TD is right now stronger than anybody and will continue to be if we miss this excellent opportunity and actually don't lynch Mendel.
For example, Barren Frosts could beat Retribution in the end-game if they have more players, if their players are connected and if they have more influence. The time of game where a realm excels has nothing to do with who we should be voting.

Return to “Finished Games”