[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Liquid Rage

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 1 Day ends 21:00 GMT Sunday]

Post by Liquid Rage »

We've had a couple questions which have been asked us which we consider to have non-obvious answers. Thus, we're going to clarify them quickly here:
  • Retaliate is a nightly ability that only has an effect if the player dies. Thus, Zombies that were previously Assassins will still gain a single charge of Retaliate. Submitting a target counts as using the ability, even if the Zombie does not die that night.
  • Retaliate is calculated at night, so Assassins (and Zombie Assassins) who die to lynch can technically choose their target after they die during the 4 hour night phase.
  • Doom gets applied during the kill phase, and is triggered whenever the target dies. If a Doomed player dies to lynch, the other player will also die at lynch. Likewise, it is possible for a player to be Doomed and killed in the same round, causing both players to die.
  • Zombies are still living players in most regards, and connections can be formed to them like normal players.
  • A disparity is only activated when exactly one player counts for parity on the team. Once it's activated, it stays active until the team is fully killed off (eg, zero players counting for parity on the team). It is possible for a disparity to cause the parity of the realm to rise back above one after it has been activated (for example, the Golden Lakes Disparity from previous games); however, the Disparity does not deactivate when parity rises, and thus cannot be triggered a second time later. Additionally, connected players always count for parity regardless of alignment. So if the last remaining player was connected to BF, the disparity would not activate until the connection was broken.
Sometimes lies are more reliable than the truth.
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

MMage wrote:
Ultor wrote:
Passive – Underground Network [Manipulation]: Start the game knowing the Major Special of every Realm. Connected players may rearrange their Roles each round.
That means after this round, Mendel will gain knight and be able to survive a lynch (if he wasn't already a knight right now) in addition to physician's adrenaline ability which also grants immunity to lynch.
Allow me:
Liquid Rage wrote:Order of Actions
Day: Prelock -> Influence Locked -> Influence Gifts -> Lynch
Night: Roleblocks -> Protection -> Kills -> Manipulation -> Peeks -> Realm Power Activations -> Influence Unlocked
TD's Passive is [Manipulation], which occurs before the [Peeks] that would connect the realm. Therefore, TD can't swap roles around in time for R2's lynch (but they could hit Mendel with that Adrenaline one-off, so you're half-right).
Ultor wrote:IT IS VERY UNLIKELY Sweedy will get lynched (read this viewtopic.php?p=541290#p541290)
Well, with only Mendel and Sweedy on the chopping block with actual vote counts, let's assume the worst: SS saves Sweedy by bringing his influence vote total to 0 with their passive. Who's up next for lynch? Who would then have the most influence against them? Mendel. As long as Mendel has two or so votes more than anybody else (sides Sweedy), the only downside to voting Sweedy is that Sweedy could be lynched, which is a pretty good thing if you aren't SS. Therefore, voting Sweedy is a win-win situation for most of the game's players; if we overcome SS' negative votes then SS loses a team member and don't get to instantly control every bit of influence in the game by connecting through Sweedy. If we don't overcome SS' negative influence, then Mendel with his confirmed TD team is lynched instead with the most influence against him (as Sweedy will be reduced to below Mendel's value).
I second this notion.
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

I genuinely hope that those voting for Sweedy are doing so because they believe to share the same alignment as he does, or because they are a member of Twisted Depths. Sweedy has never explicitly claimed what faction he is, and right now it appears most likely that he is a member of BF. There is also the less probable option of him being one of SS. Neither of these two factions are connected, and there is nothing playing to their advantage that would ease them finding one another soon. Sweedy made mistakes in his gameplay which led to us discovering two realms which he can be a member of.

Mendel's realm will be fully connected by the next round. They will have their minor and major, as well as the ability to exchange their roles, thus giving the required roles to whoever needs them. This way, they can pass Knight to Mendel in order to help him survive. They are strong, and already at the beginning of this round they had more influence than anybody else. Next round, they will be in control of the lynch. Mendel went with something extremely risky, and if we were any smarter, we would punish him for it.

Let me remind you all that influence gains take place before the lynch. Right now, TD have 10 influence and thereby control exactly 25% of the total influence in the game. The next round will see 60+ influence in the game. TD will send influence to one another and they will receive extra influence when they forge connections. This will put them in control of one third or more influence in the next round. With the help of the same people who they are successfully deceiving into voting Sweedy now, they will establish dominion over the lynch next round. It is imperative that the majority of us vote for Mendel.
Night: Roleblocks -> Protection -> Kills -> Manipulation -> Peeks -> Realm Power Activations -> Influence Unlocked
wertydoo wrote:This is a bit scummy reasoning? Sweedy pubclaimed among two of the most dangerous factions, where Mendel claimed one of the least dangerous factions (AT THE MOMENT). From that information alone, Sweedy is a far higher priority. Do not forget, that Mendel can be used as a valuable asset. The only game you have to play is outsmarting him later on. Are you up to it?
I see no way in which we can utilize Mendel, and neither does any other player in the game besides you. Are you suggesting that you're a member of TD like Mendel is?
No faction is stronger than the next. TD achieve their full potential when they connect as this gives them the ability to exchange roles. Ceteris paribus TD and BF/SS are equal. I'm fairly certain that the host equalized the powers of all realms.
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

Cruxell wrote:I genuinely hope that those voting for Sweedy are doing so because they believe to share the same alignment as he does, or because they are a member of Twisted Depths. Sweedy has never explicitly claimed what faction he is, and right now it appears most likely that he is a member of BF. There is also the less probable option of him being one of SS. Neither of these two factions are connected, and there is nothing playing to their advantage that would ease them finding one another soon. Sweedy made mistakes in his gameplay which led to us discovering two realms which he can be a member of.

Mendel's realm will be fully connected by the next round. They will have their minor and major, as well as the ability to exchange their roles, thus giving the required roles to whoever needs them. This way, they can pass Knight to Mendel in order to help him survive. They are strong, and already at the beginning of this round they had more influence than anybody else. Next round, they will be in control of the lynch. Mendel went with something extremely risky, and if we were any smarter, we would punish him for it.

Let me remind you all that influence gains take place before the lynch. Right now, TD have 10 influence and thereby control exactly 25% of the total influence in the game. The next round will see 60+ influence in the game. TD will send influence to one another and they will receive extra influence when they forge connections. This will put them in control of one third or more influence in the next round. With the help of the same people who they are successfully deceiving into voting Sweedy now, they will establish dominion over the lynch next round. It is imperative that the majority of us vote for Mendel.
wertydoo wrote:This is a bit scummy reasoning? Sweedy pubclaimed among two of the most dangerous factions, where Mendel claimed one of the least dangerous factions (AT THE MOMENT). From that information alone, Sweedy is a far higher priority. Do not forget, that Mendel can be used as a valuable asset. The only game you have to play is outsmarting him later on. Are you up to it?
I see no way in which we can utilize Mendel, and neither does any other player in the game besides you. Are you suggesting that you're a member of TD like Mendel is?
No faction is stronger than the next. TD achieve their full potential when they connect as this gives them the ability to exchange roles. Ceteris paribus TD and BF/SS are equal. I'm fairly certain that the host equalized the powers of all realms.
I am not suggesting that I am a member of TD. I am suggesting that this rebound against Mendel is narrow and needs to be thought through. Mendel is not a stupid person. My guess, he might be a knight. I don't think he ever had any intention of being lynched in R1 and to attempt to do so in response to his play would play right into the bait. With that said, he's made it very apparent that he wishes to ally himself around other factions while building his own, at least until late game. He wouldn't have revealed every major special otherwise. What we know about TD is that their public powers offer up somewhat of a support role that can be very helpful. If another realm let's say convinces him it is worth his time to tell them about other major specials, or use a role block. This game is perfect for allies, and you should expect realms to team up with each other until they absolutely have to fight each other.
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

SweedyGonzales wrote:I am indeed Scorching Sands, Cruxell. If Mendel actually knows the Major for SS, he shouldn't have to write "presumably", unless he's trying to hide that he knows because he is indeed SS. He also left out the caveats included in the Major description. I say BF is easy to guess because it fits thematically with the realm, but so does the SS major. So honestly, I don't even know what I think Mendel is anymore.
Cruxell wrote:Sweedy has never explicitly claimed what faction he is, and right now it appears most likely that he is a member of BF.
It's interesting that he's "never explicitly claimed his faction" when it looks like he explicitly claimed it to you...
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

Whoops, an extra quote tag snuck in there, and I don't see how to edit a post. That's what I get for posting from a phone.
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

UnwaveringGrey wrote:
SweedyGonzales wrote:I am indeed Scorching Sands, Cruxell. If Mendel actually knows the Major for SS, he shouldn't have to write "presumably", unless he's trying to hide that he knows because he is indeed SS. He also left out the caveats included in the Major description. I say BF is easy to guess because it fits thematically with the realm, but so does the SS major. So honestly, I don't even know what I think Mendel is anymore.
Cruxell wrote:Sweedy has never explicitly claimed what faction he is, and right now it appears most likely that he is a member of BF.
It's interesting that he's "never explicitly claimed his faction" when it looks like he explicitly claimed it to you...
Right, let's believe everything we read in a werewolf game. You see, Grey, there's this thing that people do when truth becomes less desirable than prevarication. It's called lying.
He is most likely Barren Frosts and is trying to get Scorching Sands players to connect with him.
wertydoo wrote:With that said, he's made it very apparent that he wishes to ally himself around other factions while building his own, at least until late game. He wouldn't have revealed every major special otherwise. What we know about TD is that their public powers offer up somewhat of a support role that can be very helpful. If another realm let's say convinces him it is worth his time to tell them about other major specials, or use a role block. This game is perfect for allies, and you should expect realms to team up with each other until they absolutely have to fight each other.
This game is no place for alliances. Every realm fights for themselves. If the game lasted a hundred rounds, than I suppose two or more realms could agree to team up and refrain from betraying each other with the hopes of maintaining the alliance. This game will be over in 4-5 rounds, that is no time for forging some sort of an alliance. I probably shouldn't even be telling this to you in the hope that you will destroy your realm by trusting another.
Lawliet
Friend of the Community

Post by Lawliet »

Hello players voting mendel, you're voting him because his public claim would get his realm together, and ignore the fact that Sweedy did the same, with a much worse faction,, whether it's SS or BF, either one is obviously more dangerous than TD at the mean time, Sweedy survives this round and his realm will get a huge advantage next round and it would take time to get rid of sweedy after that if getting rid of him through lynch by the time is still a possibility. I'm pretty sure I'm basically repeating what few others said, but that's all we can do, keep repeating until it gets through these thick skulls.
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

I'm not an idiot Cruxell. I'm well aware of the fact that he could be lying. What I'm also aware of us your claim that he never once publicly claimed, which was also a lie.
It wouldn't make any sense for Sweedy to be BF and try to get SS to connect with him, because SS is going to try to connect through votes. Which makes sense for them. Voting is not an identify action, so it shouldn't trigger the BF passive. Voting for Sweedy makes sense for every SS player at this point. Either they all get connected or they lynch someone not from their realm.
Why are you so determined to defend Sweedy and lynch Mendel?
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

Lawliet wrote:Hello players voting mendel, you're voting him because his public claim would get his realm together, and ignore the fact that Sweedy did the same, with a much worse faction,, whether it's SS or BF, either one is obviously more dangerous than TD at the mean time, Sweedy survives this round and his realm will get a huge advantage next round and it would take time to get rid of sweedy after that if getting rid of him through lynch by the time is still a possibility. I'm pretty sure I'm basically repeating what few others said, but that's all we can do, keep repeating until it gets through these thick skulls.
This is a good claim. I wouldn't say factions are better or worse, they're all pretty much equal. I don't want to kill Mendel just yet.
Also, you seem to be a TD player.
I guess I shouldn't have a throwaway vote.

[vote SpeedyGonzales]
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

Maybe I would suggest, other throwaway voters could vote mendel now and try to make both wagons equal?
Someone could try to snipe one or the other.
Freddy
VIP

Post by Freddy »

Sorry I haven't been active much this game is complicated to new players like me. I'm keeping my vote on mendel because of the previous reasons mentioned by cruxell and his faction is gaining so much power and secrets we don't know.
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

Freddy wrote:Sorry I haven't been active much this game is complicated to new players like me. I'm keeping my vote on mendel because of the previous reasons mentioned by cruxell and his faction is gaining so much power and secrets we don't know.
It's quite a chaos and basically about staying alive and enjoying your powers.
SweedyGonzales

Post by SweedyGonzales »

So many potential SS and BF members rn.
Sign away your life here:
HATER

Post by HATER »

Half an hour til day ends— get those posts, votes, and (preliminary) actions in!
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage

Return to “Finished Games”