[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

wertydoo

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 1 Day ends 21:00 GMT Sunday]

Post by wertydoo »

Cruxell wrote:
wertydoo wrote:b. Some of us (Ultor) don’t seem to understand the balancing dynamics in this game setup. All factions are equal, sure. Not at the same time. There are clear and present advantages to different factions at different points during the game. I.E. R1-R2 is a great time for BF to create an info route as it is the point in the game where information is a larger commodity. BF has a clear advantage in this regard with their kit and can infiltrate and dismantle an entire realm on their own if done properly. TD, is largely a support realm (MUCH LIKE THE ELDAR IN WARHAMMER!!!). They’re strengths reveal themselves as they hold out. As they survive. They couldn’t mount a full scale attack against any realm in the first 3 rounds at least. Even after connecting with all of their team, they would still have to weed out any infiltration and confirm their foundations before mounting an attack. Yal are falling for the red scare here. SS could have lynch control as early as R2.
You can ask HATER if you're not sure of the game mechanics. What I have done is used common sense to arrive at the conclusion that all realms are equally strong. Some realms may excel in this and others in that, but their net strength will always be the same.
If TD and Sweedy's realm were in an identical position, I'd support voting for Sweedy. The only problem is that TD is fully connected and gathered, whereas Sweedy's realm is not. We don't even know which realm Sweedy is part of since he never claimed. It is true that both BF and SS are stronger in the early game than TD, but TD is right now stronger than anybody and will continue to be if we miss this excellent opportunity and actually don't lynch Mendel.
For example, Barren Frosts could beat Retribution in the end-game if they have more players, if their players are connected and if they have more influence. The time of game where a realm excels has nothing to do with who we should be voting.
Most of your post is inherently wrong, and in complete disregard of the content from mine, or most other's posts for that matter. I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm not going to pick this apart because it's just so isolated from the actual game.
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Did i forget to post number 4.

I believe we should kill mendel if i didnt say it before
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Mendel wrote:disregard my previopous post, please, i got ninja'd
Previous*
Anoddguy wrote:My last vote was for Sweedy, I switched sides because I agree that the logic for SS being the more annoying problem is pretty sound, given what we know.
As long as we manage to avoid giving BF too many connections, they are less of an aggressive problem.

We'll just have to see what happens after the lynch, and go from there, I suppose.
Who are you and what do you claim?

5th gamerelated post bye
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

Cruxell wrote:We don't even know which realm Sweedy is part of since he never claimed.
fucking kindly follow the link in my latest post
he did claim
you just don't believe the claim
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
Liquid Rage

Post by Liquid Rage »

Day 1 Ended

Sweedygonzales Lynched
SweedyGonzales Died
SweedyGonzales was a citizen of Scorching Sands

Night 1 Begun

Influence tally:

Code: Select all

SweedyGonzales - 19 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo, WaywardVole, Cap_H, AnOddGuy
Mendel - 16 -  Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, Katika VS, Maki, Cruxell, Blaze
Mystic - 3 - Mystic
Sometimes lies are more reliable than the truth.
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

NO WAY.
HE CLAIMED SS,
THEN HE FLIPPED SS.
I. DON'T. BELIEVE IT!!!!
Lawliet
Friend of the Community

Post by Lawliet »

Woah.. Good results, we won't have to worry about SS controlling the lynch for the next round or two. Mendel and possible BF members should be focused next depending on the results of tonight's actions.
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

Sweet!
deep breath

[quote="Liquid Rage"]Influence tally:

SweedyGonzales - 19 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo, WaywardVole, Cap_H, AnOddGuy
Mendel - 16 -  Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, Katika VS, Maki, Cruxell, Blaze
Mystic - 3 - Mystic
total influence should be 40, but it is 38, so there was -1 on Sweeney (+39, -1, = 38)

average influence on me 2/voter
average influence on sweedy 1.7/voter +2/voter for 10, -1 for the scorching sands player

maybe scorching was the 5 influence realm
then they get to nightkill me
wheee

Mystic is not in the 5 influence realm
he won't nightkill me
<3
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
Patrick
Friend of the Community

Post by Patrick »

[vote Mendel]
Pretty straight forward until something else pops up

Mendel - 1 - Patrick
No vote (self vote) - 18 - Mystic, Ultor, Numble, Fred, Katika VS, Maki, Cruxell, Mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo, WaywardVole, AnOddGuy, Cap_H, Blaze
Numble

Post by Numble »

Patrick wrote:[vote Mendel]

Mendel - 1 - Patrick
No vote (self vote) - 18 - Mystic, Ultor, Numble, Fred, Katika VS, Maki, Cruxell, Mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo, WaywardVole, AnOddGuy, Cap_H, Blaze
Uh boi, its currently night phase.
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Patrick
Friend of the Community

Post by Patrick »

Numble wrote:
Patrick wrote:[vote Mendel]

Mendel - 1 - Patrick
Uh boi, its currently night phase.
Might as well keep it there during the night phase, dw. I'll update it when next day begins.
Liquid Rage

Post by Liquid Rage »

The following players have been issued an activity warning:

Freddy
Katika VS
Blaze

We understand that this is the first round and the requirement takes a little getting used to. Even so, there is little excuse for not meeting the requirement in time for the deadline, when each of you were prodded in private at least once during the round. Please remember to make at least 5 game-related posts per day phase in the future.
Sometimes lies are more reliable than the truth.
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

I would like to restate my proud I am of what im seeing in this game. This is a huge accomplishment for nD. Maintaining a 20 player game and the post count is already past 18 pages and we're only in R1.
This is what a real mafia game looks like guys.
I love you all. :)
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

Mendel wrote:Sweet!
deep breath
Liquid Rage wrote:Influence tally:

Mystic - 3 - Mystic
total influence should be 40, but it is 38, so there was -1 on Sweeney (+39, -1, = 38)

average influence on me 2/voter
average influence on sweedy 1.7/voter +2/voter for 10, -1 for the scorching sands player

maybe scorching was the 5 influence realm
then they get to nightkill me
wheee

Mystic is not in the 5 influence realm
he won't nightkill me
<3
^^^^^

Ultor, Cruxell:
Just as I had predicted, 75% of the SS did not vote for Sweedy. It was obvious that they wouldn't. With Sweedy's influence tally being at 19, at most 1 SS could have voted for him. The SS would have revealed all of themselves among the group that voted for Sweedy if they decided to try and save him.
With the proof that I'm successfully punched one of your theories in the mouth, I would like to make the claim that you two don't actually have as strong of a grasp on the current dynamic as you think you do. A bit of a stretch, but Ultor pissed me off.
I warn everyone to be careful about who they listen to when it comes to game analysis in the future.
HATER

Post by HATER »

While we wait for night to end, here's TARS attempting to build a sentence based off all the posts in the thread:

TARSBOT - Today at 6:10 PM
i don't get it, how does nk work in this community it is imperative that the logic for ss being an early/mid game team, vote manipulation is a nightly ability that only has an effect if the remaining 3 players submit a nk target and it would take time to tell them about other major specials, but these require 3 players connected to be shared, screenshotted, edited and/or forged.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage

Return to “Finished Games”