[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

HATER

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 1 Day ends 21:00 GMT Sunday]

Post by HATER »

Just a quick reminder to the folks on discord ( <@&456834201996492801> ) to make sure they have 5 posts and are (at the very least) considering their night actions.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

It kind of needs to be all of none on Sweedy too. If he is SS then he probably only has three or four influence on him right now...
Anoddguy

Post by Anoddguy »

I refuse to say how, but I did a dumb when I read the SS passive and will change my vote. I agree that for the time being, SS is a bigger problem.

[Vote SweedyGonzales]

Code: Select all

Mendel - 7 - Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, Katika VS, Maki, Cruxell
SweedyGonzales - 10 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo, WaywardVole, AnOddGuy
Romeo - 1 - Cap_H
Numble - 1 - Blaze
No vote (self vote) - 1 - Mystic

Expected LHLV: SweedyGonzales
Numble

Post by Numble »

Blaze wrote:I have to make 5 game related poat so ill make my second gamerelated post a vote.

Someone fix the lynch list for me cause im on phone.

[Vote Numble]
?????????????????????????????????????
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
MMage

Post by MMage »

Anoddguy wrote:Since SS and TD both have Physicians, which can block lynches, theoretically we could see both survive and be completed.
Physicians can protect from lynch, but only the round after using their adrenaline (so there's no doc protection for this lynch, since we haven't had a night to act yet).

Interesting that Kat and Maki don't want to vote Sweedy because he might be their realm, but Sweedy's only two presumed realms were BF and SS... and SS players would love to vote their own guy because of their passive making connections and removing influence instead of adding. Further, Sweedy straight-up claimed SS eventually, dropping all that pretense. Who wouldn't believe him at face value and vote him? Everyone not in BF/SS gets a non-teammate out of the game and SS gets to not only connect with a teammate but save him from lynch... the only people who'd be worried about merely voting Sweedy would be BF players thinking he's doing a ploy to get SS to connect to him.

As for voting either of the two; if we let Sweedy's vote through and SS connects to him through votes, then that's instantly a full realm connected via their passive, and lynch votes kinda no longer matter (as their Major gives them full influence control). Mendel and TD will at least have to coordinate peeks (and with Mendel slightly panicking with these constant "if ur TD come talk to me" I somehow doubt they're all working together yet) to get to full connection (and they won't have lynch control). Sweedy is the nearly-obvious lynch choice for this round (unless you're BF and spooped that he's pulling a fake-out) due to the insta-connection happening before Night phase (giving them their goodshit(tm) immediately; but this is an assumption as Hater's offline) and (probably) far worse-for-the-game Major.
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image
ARSENIC

Post by ARSENIC »

Need to post some posts and shit.

Bye Sweedy.

idk
ARSENIC

Post by ARSENIC »

Also, just to be sure, public info so far is:

For sure:
Sweedy is BF/SS - more likely BF.
Mendel is TD.
Cap_H and Romeo are not in the same team.

Almost confirmed: Katika and Maki are BF/SS.

Am I missing anything?
Numble

Post by Numble »

ARSENIC wrote:Also, just to be sure, public info so far is:

For sure:
Mendel is TD.

Am I missing anything?
Not sure about Katika and Maki is probably BF/SS yes.
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Code: Select all

Mendel - 9 -  Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, AnOddGuy, Katika VS, Maki, Cruxell, Blaze
SweedyGonzales - 9 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo, WaywardVole
Romeo - 1 - Cap_H
No vote (self vote) - 1 - Mystic

Hi third game related post, I dont like Mendel therefor i vote mendel
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

Numble wrote:
ARSENIC wrote:Also, just to be sure, public info so far is:

For sure:
Mendel is TD.

Am I missing anything?
Not sure about Katika and Maki is probably BF/SS yes.
What is your basis for this guess?
They're more quiet than looking like any faction. I would like to see them speak up.
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

Katika VS wrote:Disclaimer: I am too lazy to quote people rn, and I am tired.

Ok, I get why y'all want to kill Sweedy. They're either Frosts (Annoying all around) or Sands (Snowball). My problem with voting for Sweedy is precisely that: We don't know which realm they belong to. Mendel has been pretty consistent in their claim of Depths, and as nobody has come forward to say that they're lying I think it's pretty safe to take that at face value. Thus, it follows that Twisted Depths will feel quite safe trying to connect with Mendel, meaning that they'd have a pretty substantial early lead. Sweedy's case is much more iffy. Scorching Sands players are probably not going to risk connecting with Sweedy due to the aforementioned risk of a chilly surprise, and Frost players could go either way. What I'm getting at is that leaving Mendel alive almost guarantees a Round 2 Major Special from Twisted Depths, plus a hell of a lot of influence, and leaving Sweedy alive is, in my opinion, only a risk if they're a Frost player.

[vote mendel]
Spoiler!
Patrick - 1 - Romeo
Mendel - 6 - Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, AnOddGuy, Katika VS
Fred - 1 - Cruxell
SweedyGonzales - 6 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet
No vote (self vote) - 7 - Blaze, Maki, Mystic, ARSENIC, Cap_H, WaywardVole

This is a bit scummy reasoning? Sweedy pubclaimed among two of the most dangerous factions, where Mendel claimed one of the least dangerous factions (AT THE MOMENT). From that information alone, Sweedy is a far higher priority. Do not forget, that Mendel can be used as a valuable asset. The only game you have to play is outsmarting him later on. Are you up to it?
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
Ultor

Post by Ultor »

For those who haven't read TD's passive properly:
Passive – Underground Network [Manipulation]: Start the game knowing the Major Special of every Realm. Connected players may rearrange their Roles each round.
That means after this round, Mendel will gain knight and be able to survive a lynch (if he wasn't already a knight right now) in addition to physician's adrenaline ability which also grants immunity to lynch. If you still think voting Sweedy is better than Mendel, I'd advice you to isolate my posts and read them carefully.

IT IS VERY UNLIKELY Sweedy will get lynched (read this viewtopic.php?p=541290#p541290)
Liquid Rage

Post by Liquid Rage »

ARSENIC wrote:Need to post some posts and shit.

Bye Sweedy.

idk
Posts like this (and the Blaze post on the previous page) do not contribute to the game in any meaningful way, and will not be counted as game related. Please don't make posts like this.

Also, you (Blaze) really don't need to number each post. If you're active and playing the game, you'll be fine. If you're not active, all you're doing is drawing attention to yourself as being inactive when you count like that.

As for the game in general, I'm very happy with the activity I've seen so far. Things were a little quiet at the start of the round, but you guys have really come into your own. Keep it up!
Sometimes lies are more reliable than the truth.
Numble

Post by Numble »

Ultor wrote:For those who haven't read TD's passive properly:
Passive – Underground Network [Manipulation]: Start the game knowing the Major Special of every Realm. Connected players may rearrange their Roles each round.
That means after this round, Mendel will gain knight and be able to survive a lynch (if he wasn't already a knight right now) in addition to physician's adrenaline ability which also grants immunity to lynch. If you still think voting Sweedy is better than Mendel, I'd advice you to isolate my posts and read them carefully.

IT IS VERY UNLIKELY Sweedy will get lynched (read this viewtopic.php?p=541290#p541290)
Ultor the thing is that we have merchants in play. Either of the remaining merchants can simply choose to side with Mendel and target Sweedy instead (if I understood what they do correctly).
Heart-Break
MMage

Post by MMage »

Ultor wrote:
That means after this round, Mendel will gain knight and be able to survive a lynch (if he wasn't already a knight right now) in addition to physician's adrenaline ability which also grants immunity to lynch.
Allow me:
Liquid Rage wrote:Order of Actions
Day: Prelock -> Influence Locked -> Influence Gifts -> Lynch
Night: Roleblocks -> Protection -> Kills -> Manipulation -> Peeks -> Realm Power Activations -> Influence Unlocked
TD's Passive is [Manipulation], which occurs before the [Peeks] that would connect the realm. Therefore, TD can't swap roles around in time for R2's lynch (but they could hit Mendel with that Adrenaline one-off, so you're half-right).
Ultor wrote:IT IS VERY UNLIKELY Sweedy will get lynched (read this viewtopic.php?p=541290#p541290)
Well, with only Mendel and Sweedy on the chopping block with actual vote counts, let's assume the worst: SS saves Sweedy by bringing his influence vote total to 0 with their passive. Who's up next for lynch? Who would then have the most influence against them? Mendel. As long as Mendel has two or so votes more than anybody else (sides Sweedy), the only downside to voting Sweedy is that Sweedy could be lynched, which is a pretty good thing if you aren't SS. Therefore, voting Sweedy is a win-win situation for most of the game's players; if we overcome SS' negative votes then SS loses a team member and don't get to instantly control every bit of influence in the game by connecting through Sweedy. If we don't overcome SS' negative influence, then Mendel with his confirmed TD team is lynched instead with the most influence against him (as Sweedy will be reduced to below Mendel's value).
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image

Return to “Finished Games”