[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Mendel

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 1 Day ends 21:00 GMT Sunday]

Post by Mendel »

Ultor wrote:Furthermore, we do not know the major and disparity of TD (and any other realms). Every realm should be balanced with equal powers that counter each other, simply classifying them as early/mid/late game should not be valid. HOWEVER, it is very obvious that TD has HUGE advantage over all the other realms. They will reach major special next round and unlock their most powerful ability. Do not trust Mendel when he says "our ability is defensive rather than offensive". Even if that was the case, it will be super hard trying to eliminate a TD player after this round since they know each other and hold assassin, knight, physician. The only other realm with this protective capability is Retribution.
The "huge advantage" results from me doing this slightly insane claim gambit, and it seems balanced by the disadvantage that y'all know me now and half of you want to lynch me now, and the other half wants to lynch me later. :roll: (if you think hardclaiming your faction is so overpowered, why isnt everyone doing it? i can just say it is stressful af) (and also you all know how to hunt and spot connected groups since you know how mafia works)

And yeah, I think your assesment that we are the realm with the best defense capabilty is fairly on the mark, but that also implies that we are balanced to have shitty offense. Which is what I have been saying.

protip (known to those who play mmorpgs): go after the damage dealers first, not the tanks
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

Attention Twisted Depths Players!

If you have not yet claimed to me, please click "isolate" at the top of this post, read everything I have posted, and note that including the post at the bottom of the last page, I have demonstrated some knowledge of at least 3 Major Specials. Please join the team!

I have claimed specifically that
  • Barren Frosts can kill and steal the powers of connected players with their Major Special
  • Scorching Sands can reassign all Influence with their Major Special
  • our special is not offensive in nature, we can't go on a rampage with it
  • the Desolate Falls and Retribution Specials are very powerful, but in a straight kind of fashion, hard to prepare for
  • the Retribution Major Special does not buff Zombies
Every Special on this list is missing details, some of which I would ask you to provide when you claim to me, so I can recognize you as my team-mate.

Please do so ASAP, you can contact me via forum PM or Discord. We need to coordinate, and if I die, you will be unable to contact us.

https://i.imgur.com/98ca1di.png
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

Katika wrote:Scorching Sands players are probably not going to risk connecting with Sweedy due to the aforementioned risk of a chilly surprise, and Frost players could go either way.
Sands players don't need to risk contacting Sweedy due to their passive. They just need to vote him, which will tell them definitively whether or not he is part of their faction since it is worded such that it will not form a connection with a BF player. And BF players don't need to worry about their faction being infiltrated because they're the only ones that do that. Which would you rather see connected, TD or (BF/SS)? I'm more worried about either BF or SS getting connected.
Ultor

Post by Ultor »

The correct tally:

Code: Select all

Mendel - 8 - Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, AnOddGuy, Katika VS, Maki, Cruxell
SweedyGonzales - 8 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo
No vote (self vote) - 4 - Blaze, Mystic, Cap_H, WaywardVole

Expected LHLV: Mendel
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

Hey, back online.
I don't want to vote Mendel.
I don't have any explanation.
Only one player sent me their vote. Unacceptable.
Numble

Post by Numble »

Cap_H wrote:Hey, back online.
So you're saying that you've got 2 influence. That is good to know..?
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

[vote Romeo]

He was my r0 negative.
I'm still hangover and not capable to process the thread. I'll vote on a major wagon, when I'llbe able to do so.
That should shortly before deadline.
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

Numble wrote:
Cap_H wrote:Hey, back online.
So you're saying that you've got 2 influence. That is good to know..?
I don't know what the influence is . I'm only interested in being popular.
HATER

Post by HATER »

Current tally (from what I've seen -- feel free to correct if I've missed something).

Mendel - 8 - Ultor, Numble, Fred, SweedyGonzales, AnOddGuy, Katika VS, Maki, Cruxell
SweedyGonzales - 8 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo'
Romeo - 1 - Cap_H
No vote (self vote) - 3 - Blaze, Mystic, WaywardVole

Expected LHLV: Mendel
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
WaywardVole

Post by WaywardVole »

At this point, I think it will be better to go with the unknown threat - unlike standard mafia, it's refreshing not having to pick simply between guilt and innocence.

That said, if Sweedy is SS, his teammates may be voting him to have their votes count against the final tally. For those who are voting Mendel - why? Even if he is lynched, it is more than likely other members of TD have already reached out and contacted him/each other. While he is a known target, would lynching him do anything to change that?

[vote SweedyGonzales]

SweedyGonzales - 9 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo, WaywardVole
Romeo - 1 - Cap_H
No vote (self vote) - 2 - Blaze, Mystic
Liquid Rage

Post by Liquid Rage »

Keep in mind that players are allowed and even encouraged to send in night actions during the daytime. You may always change your target(s) during the night if the day phase takes an unexpected turn.

Each player may send me night actions based on their role and faction. Most night actions default to Not Used if I am not sent a target. These are the notable exceptions:

All players:

- A nightkill target, used if your team has the lowest influence and you are the lowest-influence player on your team (Default: A random other player)
- The name of another player you wish to give influence to (Default: A random other player)

Role-Specific Actions:

-Identify (Default: A random non-connected player if I have not received any PM from you; otherwise, if you sent a PM but did not send an Identify target it will default to Not Used)

All other actions have a normal default of Not Used. Please note that it is usually in your best interest to use most nightly actions, and to choose your own targets for the above actions rather than letting them become random.

Players with a Retaliate action should send in a retaliation target each round in case they are killed. This also defaults to Not Used if no target has been selected.
Sometimes lies are more reliable than the truth.
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Im watching WC therefor im not active. + Im not in the discord to remind me daily to be active in discussions. If people wonder why ive been gone
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

I have to make 5 game related poat so ill make my second gamerelated post a vote.

Someone fix the lynch list for me cause im on phone.

[Vote Numble]
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

Updated tally w/ Blaze's vote

SweedyGonzales - 9 - Patrick, mendel, MMage, Wertydoo, UnwaveringGrey, Lawliet, ARSENIC, Romeo, WaywardVole
Romeo - 1 - Cap_H
Numble - 1 - Blaze
No vote (self vote) - 1 - Mystic

Expected LHLV: SweedyGonzales
Lawliet
Friend of the Community

Post by Lawliet »

I'm not getting why any realm other than BF would be voting Mendel atm.
UnwaveringGrey wrote:
Katika wrote:Scorching Sands players are probably not going to risk connecting with Sweedy due to the aforementioned risk of a chilly surprise, and Frost players could go either way.
Sands players don't need to risk contacting Sweedy due to their passive. They just need to vote him, which will tell them definitively whether or not he is part of their faction since it is worded such that it will not form a connection with a BF player. And BF players don't need to worry about their faction being infiltrated because they're the only ones that do that. Which would you rather see connected, TD or (BF/SS)? I'm more worried about either BF or SS getting connected.
This sums up what I'm thinking. Mendel is being voted for publicly claiming TD, while Sweedy basically did the same or even worse, he hinted being a part of the BF realm and then claimed to be SS, BF will 100% peek him this round. So if he was BF, then BF has a huge advantage on everyone else by the end of this round. If he was SS, SS would have this advantage next round.. They can even protect him from getting lynched next round, not to mention the possibility of him being the Knight if he was SS, this is basically the only chance to stop either realm from snowballing the game. TD's special is unknown to us yet, if it was not revealed next round then Mendel has to be pressured to reveal it. However, we know for certain that BF and SS specials are both dangerous. Sweedy must be our priority this round, everyone outside the BF realm should be voting him.

Return to “Finished Games”