KZ Bugs

Image | IP: kz.neonDragon.net:27015 | KZ Stats
Dee Dee

KZ Bugs

Post by Dee Dee »

Hey guys!

Patrick and myself found a bug in the KZ map cg_d2block_ez. Turns out that in theory there is a shortcut to finish the map way earlier as you can see in this video (check from 3:20):
Spoiler!
However, Patrick and me tried to mimic what this guy did and the server crashed. We have tried 3 times and all 3 times it's causing KZ to crash. I'm adding a demo of Patrick trying to perform the shortcut while I record:

http://www81.zippyshare.com/v/d5W1av2y/file.html
voodoo

Re: KZ Bugs

Post by voodoo »

Yes the bug works.I was curious and tried it but I think the bug can not be fix by admins, the server has no option to fix this bug or the best choice is to delete this map...
Dee Dee

Post by Dee Dee »

voodoo wrote:Yes the bug works.I was curious and tried it but I think the bug can not be fix by admins, the server has no option to fix this bug or the best choice is to delete this map...
Well, it's not a particularly popular map anyway...
Unown

Post by Unown »

It's fixable, adding a block to prevent people from reaching that spot for example.
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.
Dee Dee

Post by Dee Dee »

KaKao's words yesterday on the chatbox regarding this bug:
Spoiler!
Unown

Post by Unown »

As much as I like a good pint in the weekends, this small typo triggers me more than anything:
Spoiler!
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.

Return to “KZ Climb”