FRIENDS the TV Series

Talk about the movies and TV shows you love!
Gotouda Aki

Re: FRIENDS the TV Series

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Oh, hehe. I didn't know that.
I've rewatched this series several times and only just noticed the microphone.
I guess there's still some thing about the episodes that I don't really know yet.
I could try to look out for the dog thing.
But I think it'll be a while before that episode comes, so I might forget about it, hehe.
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Got to the episode with the dog, and yeah, you can actually see a bit of the guy holding the dog, at the window, hehe.
Shadi
neonDragon Admin

Post by Shadi »

Considering maybe watching an episode or two today, but I kinda wanna finish Fresh Prince of Bel Air first.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
k1ngfoxxy
Former Cleaning Lady

Post by k1ngfoxxy »

Please do let me know what you think of it <3
big d energy
R1CKY[JJ]

Post by R1CKY[JJ] »

Didn't knew there are still people of our age who didn't watched Friends. Here in Holland we all grown up with Friends. One of the best :P
"Gisteren is gisteren, vandaag is vandaag"
k1ngfoxxy
Former Cleaning Lady

Post by k1ngfoxxy »

I would've been one of them too if my husband didn't insist on me watching it. He was like "you will really love this show, it's the best".. I was super skeptical, like I am with every other recommended series, but I gave it a shot. Started watching first episode and was like.. wtf is this joke? Looks like a damn parody. But then this scene came up
Spoiler!
and I laughed for like 10 minutes, replayed it over and over again, couldn't fkin breathe xD. Continued watching episode by episode.. And I freakin LOVE it :D
big d energy
k1ngfoxxy
Former Cleaning Lady

Post by k1ngfoxxy »

Sorry for double post, but oh welp.

@Yunan : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/1 ... lide=start
big d energy
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

There's so many, hehe.
There's probably even more. I found the microphone-thing which this one doesn't seem to show.
It's kind of nice to know there's still things in the episode I don't quite know yet, even though I've watched them so many times.

I also know that some episodes both in my boxset and when I watch it online, has missing parts of certain scenes.
There's a few scenes in some of the episodes that my boxset doesn't have and that some online links doesn't have either.

Have you noticed that before, Foxy?
k1ngfoxxy
Former Cleaning Lady

Post by k1ngfoxxy »

I don't own the boxset (just yet) but it's the first thing on my list to buy once I get a job haha! I have read about it though, that there are missing scenes in the boxset.

Also, I can think of one more "fail" from first episode I think, where you can see how they used the same take twice from different angles, it happens quite a few times throughout the series. There's a nice video on YouTube, behind the scenes or something like that, I think it's 40 min long video if I'm not mistaken, will post more about all this later on as I'm on my phone now :D.

One more thing about boxset vs TV, when they show it on TV they speed it up so they can put longer commercials or something like that! Courtney mentioned it in an interview and I've also noticed it with Sex And The City, the intro being so much faster and their voices higher pitched :o
big d energy
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

I actually think the boxset is made from the tv episodes.
Cuz I've watched Friends way before I got the boxset, just watching it on the television and then I started watching it on the boxset and it wasn't before I started watching it online, that I noticed certain scenes was missing.

Maybe If I watch the boxset again, I would notice that "speed up"-thing. The intro might also be shorter or so.

And you mean they just copy past scenes, from a different angle, so it looks like 2 different scenes?
I don't think I've noticed that before.
k1ngfoxxy
Former Cleaning Lady

Post by k1ngfoxxy »

Oh dear God I have made the mistake of googling "friends tv fails/mistakes" to see what is out there.. It's not fun D:

Watch this btw, it's really cool :
Yunan wrote:And you mean they just copy past scenes, from a different angle, so it looks like 2 different scenes?
Yes :D. Trying to find a really obvious one I have noticed, I was so sure it was in first episode, but I just watched it and it wasn't there D:
big d energy
Shadi
neonDragon Admin

Post by Shadi »

Foxy|Lady wrote:Please do let me know what you think of it <3
Watched one ep now so still hard to judge, so far Joey seems fun and Rachel is cute. So yeah long road to go, no scene was REALLY funny but a few smiles and quick nose breath laugh or two.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

@Foxy, I will watch it later and I pretty much know every episode in my head, can you try to describe the scene you're thinking about?
And what do you find on google? Lol.

@Shadi, the series start off kind of okay and then evolves and get better during the seasons, I would say, give it 1-2 seasons before either saying yes or no to it.
k1ngfoxxy
Former Cleaning Lady

Post by k1ngfoxxy »

Yunan wrote: @Shadi, the series start off kind of okay and then evolves and get better during the seasons, I would say, give it 1-2 seasons before either saying yes or no to it.
I could not have said it better.
Yunan wrote:@Foxy, I will watch it later and I pretty much know every episode in my head, can you try to describe the scene you're thinking about?
I know they're sitting on the couch in the coffee house, Phoebe is sitting next to Monica, she says a line, then the angle changes and someone else is talking, but Phoebe's lips move, saying her previous line.
Yunan wrote:And what do you find on google? Lol.
GOOGLE IS THE ENEMY!! I'll post some of the most interesting ones later :D
big d energy
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Hm, I can't really figure out based on that information.
Do you have any details of which season it may be from and also what else happen in the episode or in that scene?

And okay, hehe. I still got to watch the video though. I've only watched about 10 minutes, but it's pretty interesting to get to see stuff behind the scenes, too.

Return to “Movies/TV Shows”