Your favourite books

Music, movies, TV shows, and plenty of YouTube clips.
Silence
nD* Jail Member

Your favourite books

Post by Silence »

Hey guys,
Although the forum has existed for so long, I haven't seen any topic about reading so far - Tell me if i'm wrong.
I'm sure at least some of you read books and in this topic i'd like us to Share titles, Authors and opinions about the best you may recommend.
My top titles:
- The Godfather - my top1, addictive.
- Dead Poets Society - one of the very few set books at school i totally enjoyed
- The Origin (author Dan Brown) - reading atm, 200 pages yesterday's night
- All Quiet on the Western Front - i was shocked how many nd players have no clue about I, II World War and holocaust in Europe when discussing at discord, totally recommend for those.

I hope you participate!
Cruxell
VIP

Re: Your favourite books

Post by Cruxell »

I've seen the movies for the first two books you mentioned and found them very enjoyable, though I've generally come across negative reviews for The Godfather novel. Based on your top titles I'd recommend the following books to you (random order):
  • The Messenger by M. Zusak - Personally I found it rather tedious to read, but if you like Origin you may also like this.
  • The Book Thief - A marvelous book, I dare call it Zusak's magnum opus. A very intriguing POV is used, you should definitely check the book out. Based on All Quiet on the Western Front.
  • Looking for Alaska by J. Green - If you're into teen romance. It was very entertaining for me when I read it a couple years ago.
  • The Fault in Our Stars - Absolutely bloody brilliant, a great novel by Green that nearly brought tears to my eyes.
I've been drifting away from this type of literature though, especially Green. Lately I've been trying out more serious and linguistically richer works that you would not commonly see on the market or bestseller lists. A such example is Elfriede Jelinek's The Piano Teacher, which won her a ticket to Stockholm.

Post by 25142 »

My fav book is the 'Believer of the World' i think it's great when i read it i really felt power in my belly
Army life

Post by Army life »

my fav book Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood #1)

its erotic btw
Fbi law enforcment
Shadi
neonDragon Admin

Post by Shadi »

25142 wrote:My fav book is the 'Believer of the World' i think it's great when i read it i really felt power in my belly
googling it at a quick glance seems to be 2 hard, who's the author and what is it about?
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Silence
nD* Jail Member

Post by Silence »

Yeah include the author of a book aswell guys, much easier to find the book.
The Messenger by M. Zusak - Personally I found it rather tedious to read, but if you like Origin you may also like this.
The Book Thief - A marvelous book, I dare call it Zusak's magnum opus. A very intriguing POV is used, you should definitely check the book out. Based on All Quiet on the Western Front.
Deffinitely need to check these 2 positions, thanks Cruxell!

Reading Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol" at the moment, just finished Paul Hawkins' "The girl on the train"
Moee

Post by Moee »

Can't read

Return to “Culture & Media”