prob

Need help or are you having a problem with something in this forum? Ask here!
AlwaysWIN

Re: prob

Post by AlwaysWIN »

Leave the multimedia class scheduler service running, but disable its network throttling "feature":
Open regedit
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
There will be an entry for network performance throttling, default value is 10; set it to FFFFFFFF hex (willl look like 0xFFFFFFFF to the right of the entry)
Reboot

Maybe this helps ^
Afaik I had a similar issue with just the steam version giving me low fps, nonsteam worked smoothly on 100fps.. I don't remember much that how it got fixed but afaik I installed the 7 professional edition and it started working like a charm...
Many win 7 users have reported the same problem, so not sure what exactly is wrong, but u can try using the win 10 lite version specially for gaming :- [youtube]https://youtu.be/guS5ovEdISQ[/youtube]
"The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones." ~ Mark Antony
Kurza

Post by Kurza »

hoho it tells me i have directx version 11, tried always win step with the network thing still at the same fps. the thing is that other games work perfectly fine, except for cs which is aids. also checked for updated on the device manager and it told me that my driver is upto date
hoho

Post by hoho »

Shadi wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:20 am

I doubt it’s a hardware is bad, pc is bad problem if the same PC ran it smooth before a reinstall. He did also specify that only CS 1.6 lags.

Directx could possibly do something tho ye, sounds like something went wrong in the install or there’s a missing/corrupted driver
He did say he formated his pc tho which made me believe the problem could be caused by some uninstalled driver and the reason i went with DirectX is because he says he couldn't run the game in OpenGL and had to go with software instead on the nonsteam version...

As for my suggestion of unchecking the high quality thingy was because i had a bad pc myself at some point in time and that option enabled makes the game so slow
hoho

Post by hoho »

@Kurza do u have the high quality option checked in the video settings?
If so then uncheck it
Nidhal

Post by Nidhal »

Maybe try to reinstall cs.
Kurza

Post by Kurza »

Yh its unchecked, tried nidhal still same
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

assume u did it, but whatever gonna say it: did you try check at which hz the game runs and also did u try to verify the cache integrity?
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Kurza

Post by Kurza »

Ye verified the integrity of the game files told me that all the files were valid. About the hz i didnt could you give me some instructions on how to do it cuz idk. ty all for trying to help me
spaxor

Post by spaxor »

When you uninstall your game, make sure to remove the whole "Half-Life" folder from you steamapps aswell, just make sure to make a copy of the map folder so u dont have to redownload everything. I had the same issue where everything just felt unsmooth & laggy where I got huge fps drops. Simple uninstall & removal of all files helped.
Kurza

Post by Kurza »

Will try it tomorrow ty
Edit: tried and still not working, uninstalled whole steam and installed it again and still the same ;x
Kurza

Post by Kurza »

aye fixed it, ty all for trynna help me trash & lock pls
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

can you explain your fix?
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Kurza

Post by Kurza »

y, i checked for windows update, told me that there are 17 updates. I basically updated some items and it got fixed. The update installed the Nvidia control panel which might've fixed it idk.
bis

Post by bis »

so you didn't install your graphics drivers after installing windows? jesus
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Thanks for your answer Kurza.

Locking the topic.

- Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Forum Help”