I've got a theory

Humm

I've got a theory

Post by Humm »

The community Neondragon is not dying. However, the jailbreak server is dying, but why is that? Why is such a popular server dying? The fact that counter-strike is not as popular as before might be one of the reasons, but perhaps there is another reason why the jailbreak server is dying. Ever heard of trolling? I'm sure you have, but you don't see it very often in the jailbreak server. What you see is kids being racist. Kids full of hate, but still we don't punish them enough. I once played on a community full of trolls. But they never said nigger or other harassing words. They also only trolled people they knew. But it's different on the neondragon jailbreak server. When you're being racist on the jailbreak server you are nothing but a troll. You're not racist. I hear words such as nigger, just because you're/I'm black everyday, but it's fine... After all, they are trolling! I usually leave the jailbreak because of all this trolling. At least 1/4 of the players online is being racist and such and nothing is happening afterwards. So.... to much racism and harassing. I don't remember this in the jailbreak server back in 2011. What went wrong?

I see a big difference between "trolling" and what ppl such as pipi is doing.

Remember it's just a theory
Last edited by Humm on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Re: I've got a theory

Post by Konijn »

I kind of agree with you but part of the problem is that it has gone on for far too long that people think it's acceptable and a lot of people are doing it. Another reason I think that it has increased is because internet 'troll culture' has become quite widespread over the last 1-2 years and people think that it's cool to be a dickhead and piss people off and that just because you're doing it under the guise of being a troll that it's completely acceptable, when obviously it's not.
Humm

Post by Humm »

mehehe
Last edited by Humm on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Most of it is correct and as such should be handled by moderators. I for one will step up without mercy as I'm getting pretty sick of it myself as well. Others can either follow and do what has to be done, or sit back and relax/participate. I am not going to force anyone, but it is not too much to ask for to try to do your job accordingly.
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

guess you could say the excess of trolls is one of the reasons why people don't like jb anymore, but if you look deeper you can find other reasons and consequences from those reasons:

earlier nd was very strict and as such the strikelist got full quite fast which led to people quiting playing cs and the friends of those gave up on cs as well to play something else like gta or lol etc

also people who would behave either got sick of playing so long and just quit playing cs because the game got into a boring routine; could also count on this point the moderators and admins that got tired of working for the moderation and just had to go play something else to have fun

and in general the majority of cs 1.6 players are becoming non-steam which is blocked on jb and the steam-only ones are sick of cs and starting to emigrate to cs:go crossfire etc

the comunity might have started to realise this lack of player base so recently less "gifted" members became accepted, there was a more soft decision as much with in-game moderation as with forum and strikelist reports, all in the attempt of saving the few playerbase we have. obviously the consequence is that the trolling starts to root in everyone till it becomes regular chit-chat and non-sense provocations from player to player and to commanders.

so pretty much a snowball of this all got big enough till the day(today) which everythink is pretty much chaos and making it right will get more people banned and well we don't want that do we. so overall this is a major facepalm

you got right with your theory but it's a bit incomplete
Unown

Post by Unown »

Some admins believe trolling to be a good thing.

Let's start with changing that ^
Spoiler!
Not really, trolls can bring a good mood, depends on how you troll

Uhu's Post:
Spoiler!
uhu wrote:guess you could say the excess of trolls is one of the reasons why people don't like jb anymore, but if you look deeper you can find other reasons and consequences from those reasons:

earlier nd was very strict and as such the strikelist got full quite fast which led to people quiting playing cs and the friends of those gave up on cs as well to play something else like gta or lol etc

also people who would behave either got sick of playing so long and just quit playing cs because the game got into a boring routine; could also count on this point the moderators and admins that got tired of working for the moderation and just had to go play something else to have fun

and in general the majority of cs 1.6 players are becoming non-steam which is blocked on jb and the steam-only ones are sick of cs and starting to emigrate to cs:go crossfire etc

the comunity might have started to realise this lack of player base so recently less "gifted" members became accepted, there was a more soft decision as much with in-game moderation as with forum and strikelist reports, all in the attempt of saving the few playerbase we have. obviously the consequence is that the trolling starts to root in everyone till it becomes regular chit-chat and non-sense provocations from player to player and to commanders.

so pretty much a snowball of this all got big enough till the day(today) which everythink is pretty much chaos and making it right will get more people banned and well we don't want that do we. so overall this is a major facepalm

you got right with your theory but it's a bit incomplete
Simple:
Instead of handing out bans, hand out gags.
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.
LaZy

Post by LaZy »

you just have to get more players to actually take pictures of the players and make the report out of it instead of it going to be chaos in the server .. there are so many people getting away with this is precisely why everyone continues as they do .. I myself have been one of them .. but now I'm on the good side who report's and snapshot on all players who demean or insult another player
- Not sure if weed makes people LaZy or LaZy people like to smoke weed -
.Cell.

Post by .Cell. »

Well this topic is a really big and complicated thing to discuss about but, I'll share my opinion any ways without doing any harm or pointing out to anyone.
So, in my opinion, trolling should be left to it's limit. Like for 5-10 mins maybe less, just for lols and make the environment a bit funny instead of being dull old commanding rebelling and so on. Trolling like I said should have a bold line. People who cross that line should be punished no matter who they may be, whether member, admin or regular. Rules are meant for everyone. Members and admins should be role models to regulars firstly. And like I said before, I'm not pointing out at anyone. Just stating my opinion. Because when other members try to catch people who troll beyond limit they say 'wow that guy is doing it too why not stop him?'.
My point here now is, maybe there should be like a limit to troll on our servers. Not saying gosh add it to the rules or anything. But, every regular and member should look out for trolls and say it's crossed the line you should stop now.
Where as the harassing bit comes in with all the racist things that is strictly not allowed on our servers. So, people should not really be lenient towards people who are being racist.
Humm wrote:I hear words such as nigger, just because you're/I'm black everyday, but it's fine...
I honestly don't see what's the need to say the above stated quote in any condition on the server.
These users thanked the author .Cell. for the post:
el mano
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

Good theory, imo it is indeed the problem tbh, I know as a member I should step up and do something about it but I just can't be arsed spending time being annoyed by, let's be honest, retards when I can enjoy my spare time instead. Their reason to play seems to be creating trouble, chaos and annoyance instead of actually playing for the only cause you should play, which is having fun. They seem to forget why they are playing and when you try to talk to them they respond with absolute ignorace and no respect at all.

An example of one of these retards attitude, and yes, mine as well, I'm far away from being a perfect member and I act pretty fast when a situation with these folks appear. (a situation where the guy blocked everyone from entering the cage. An admin even used his powers to grab him and move him away from his spot, he went back to the same spot and kept blocking.
anonymous: Why did you revive me?
me: because you were blocking
anonymous: dontanswerfaggot(he thought i didnt answer so this was his response, kind of sad tbh)
me: can you read?
anonymous: maybe he blocked me you stupid fuck?
me: I clearly saw that he didn't block you, stop playing stupid and cocky
anonymous: shut up thanks

After that response I decided to kick him because of the 2 things I mentioned earlier. Absolute ignorace and no respect at all.
I really can't think of something that would make that person act this way, "Maybe he's had a bad day" nonono these people always act like idiots.

This post was random indeed but hey at least I shared my reason for being pretty inactive.

Thanks for bringing this subject up tho, Humm.
BabyPandaYOU

Post by BabyPandaYOU »

I dont play that often anymore, but when I was playing and ''trolling'', well atleast commanding with another accent some people seem to enjoy it... The fact that I actually stoped playing was that some people actually told me to stop talking with the other accents, in this case: Talk with a normal voice... I found this pretty rasict because of them thinking that the accent is actually un-normal...

edit: what Im trying to prove with this is that its actually not the trolling but the negativity that is shared that makes people leave the server...
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

BabyPandaYOU wrote:I dont play that often anymore, but when I was playing and ''trolling'', well atleast commanding with another accent some people seem to enjoy it... The fact that I actually stoped playing was that some people actually told me to stop talking with the other accents, in this case: Talk with a normal voice... I found this pretty rasict because of them thinking that the accent is actually un-normal...

edit: what Im trying to prove with this is that its actually not the trolling but the negativity that is shared that makes people leave the server...
How is it racist to tell you to speak with your real voice and not with a voice you are imitating yourself and that isn't your real voice? Aren't you the one that was basically mocking those other ethnies' voices by imitating them just to make people laugh? Please do explain your viewpoint because I personally don't understand.
RazoR'

Post by RazoR' »

Maki wrote:
BabyPandaYOU wrote:I dont play that often anymore, but when I was playing and ''trolling'', well atleast commanding with another accent some people seem to enjoy it... The fact that I actually stoped playing was that some people actually told me to stop talking with the other accents, in this case: Talk with a normal voice... I found this pretty rasict because of them thinking that the accent is actually un-normal...

How is it racistic to tell you to speak with your real voice and not with a voice you are imitating yourself and that isn't your real voice? Aren't you the one that was basically mocking those other ethnies' voices by imitating them just to make people laugh? Please do explain your viewpoint because I personally don't understand.

Maki best Commander.
SALUDOS

Post by SALUDOS »

rofl razor, maybe if he could speak the english letters properly yea :D
pls unban
NaVida

Post by NaVida »

Indian accent commanding <3 No clue why members wanted you to stop it :/
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

SALUDOS wrote:rofl razor, maybe if he could speak the english letters properly yea :D
Don't tell me you'd like to go back to my nice moderated group?

Return to “Trash”