View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 7 pending strikelist reports It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

#1 Post[Village Win] [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
Hello and welcome to the first game of Season 2 of nD WW!

We're proud to announce Vampires, the new gamemode we've created for Season 2.

In Vampires, everything is based of the amount of Life you have. As in any WW-style game, there are two teams: Vampires, and the Village.

There are certain abilities that anyone can choose -- however, abilities cost a certain amount of life. Some abilities are available only to Vampires.

So, without further ado:

Game Specs:

Spoiler: show
Common Game Type: Open - All rules are posted in the thread and any player may expect answers to any setup questions they ask.
Common Action Timestamp: No Surprises - Voting and actions are held in tight order. Any votes or actions after the deadline will not be counted, even if the Host hasn’t posted Sunset or Dawn yet. Any action not taken will be lost; the Host will not extend a round or give you a random peek or kill.
Common Voting Type: Timed Lynch - At the end of a certain amount of time, the player with the most votes is lynched.
Common Tie Breaker: LHLV - In the event of a tie, the player with the Longest Held Last Vote, or LHLV, is lynched. Basically, the player with the most votes just before the tie is lynched. If a player is tied with No Lynch, no player will be lynched regardless of LHLV.
Common Ghost Etiquette: RP Play Style - Once dead, players may post in the thread and join public IRC so long as they don't make game related posts or comments. They may not PM other players about the game or have private conversations on IRC. If you have data that you'd like to share, please, do so before your death. Dead Mafia/Wolf players are given a partial exception and are allowed to PM other Mafia/Wolves. All players are always free to talk with their Host in private IRC or PM.
Common Game Start: Hospitalization - Before the First Round starts, the Wolves/Mafia will choose one player to attack. That player will not be killed, but will be hospitalized and thus can’t vote in the first round.
Common Death Reveal: Full Reveal Upon Death- All players, when they die, will have their full role and alignment revealed immediately upon death, in additions to any items they had, locations they were in, when they died (in the case of temporal manipulation powers), and whether any loci were active.

------------------------------------------------------------------

New mechanic: Life. You start with a certain amount of life. If, at any point your life reaches 0 or below, you die.

For the first 3 rounds of the game, new players may join in at a reduced starting life.

If you joined the game:

Before r0 - 1000 life start.
r0 - 900 life start
r1 - 800 life start
r2 - 600 life start
r3 - 400 life start

For every player that joins the game, there is a 25% chance the vampire team will be able to convert a villager. This conversion SCALES WITH PEEKS (meaning that if you peeked a player as innocent before they were converted, that peek will be updated to be correct when they are converted). (Limit one vampire per every four players).

All players may gain 50 life each turn by voting. Players may not vote for no lynch.

Lynches subtract (250 + 50 per every 4 players in the game beyond the first 4) life from the target immediately and negate 50% of the lynched player's healing that round. For every 4 players that are added to the game beyond the first four, the lynch gains +50 damage.

The Vampire Nightkill subtracts 200 health from its target. The nightkill is performed by the Vampire team as a whole and therefore cannot be roleblocked.

All players may use 2 Abilities each round. Vampires have access to the Vampiric abilities.
Players may not use the same ability twice in the same turn.

Standard Abilities (Villagers and Vampires alike may use these):

Snoop (50 health + 100 health for each previous time you have used this ability): Find out a player's life at the end of the current round. Also reveals if they have used Desperate Gamble, and if so, for what amount.

Investigate (700 life): Investigate a target player. The cost of this skill scales upward by 250 per player attempting to investigate in the same round.

Blood Pact (120% amount chosen to give) -- Give up to 300 Life to target player, taking it from yourself.

Salvation (200 + 20% of current life, one round cooldown): Heal a target player for 100 health, and prevent them from taking damage from outside sources this round (excludes lynch). May not be used twice consecutively on the same player. May not be self-cast.

Desperate Gamble (No cost, one time use): Shield yourself for 300-600 life, starting the next round. If the shield is broken (e.g. you take equal or more damage than you shielded yourself for), you regenerate 75% of the total damage you took that round (including damage blocked by the shield). Otherwise, you take the unused amount of shield as damage. ALL OTHER HEALING IS ADDED TO THE SHIELD AMOUNT INSTEAD. Once applied, this effect may not be canceled and re-applies each round.

Equilibrium (No cost, one time use): Average your life with that of another player. (Applied at end of round, doesn't count as healing/damage). Cannot be used by or on a player with desperate gamble or salvation active. Equilibrium will be canceled if the target or caster dies before it is cast.

Hemotoxin (400 Life): Poison a player, roleblocking them for the round, while causing them to take 50, 100, and 150 damage respectively, on the current round and the next two rounds. (Players are informed when they are poisoned.)

Bandwagon Bargain (No cost): Mark a player for lynch next round. if that player is lynched the next round, you gain 200 health and they will lose 50 additional life to the lynch. If that player is marked by more than one player, and they are lynched, there is no healing, but the lynch damage goes up by 50 for each additional player that marked them.
(Players are informed when they are marked for a lynch.)

Scarlet Wound (20% of current life): Sacrifice 20% of your current life to damage an enemy for 25% of theirs. Additional scarlet wounds on the same player in the same round will deal damage equal to half the that of the last, rounded down to the nearest %.
(So, the first scarlet wound in the same round will deal 25% of the targets life, the second in the same round will deal an additional 12% of the current health, the third, 6% (for a total of 43%), and so on).

Vampiric Abilities (Vampires Only):

Drain (100 Life): Damages a target for 150 life and heals you for the amount of damage done if it is not blocked by Salvation or Hemotoxin.*

Enshroud (50% of current life): Cause all peeks on you to return innocent for that round. The player may also give an amount of life they would like to be seen with if Snoop is used on them that round.

Unholy Retribution (200 health): Place a mark on a target player that lasts for the next 2 turns. (The player will be informed that they have been marked for death.) While the mark is active, all damage on that player is amplified by 50%. When the effect ends, the player takes an additional 100 damage. Unholy retrbution marks do not stack.*

Sacrifice (100% of current health): Immediately suicide, giving 50% of your current health to a target teammate, and empowering any Drains to steal double the health at half the cost.

Unmask (One-time-use PER TEAM, heals 50% of current life): Reveal yourself as a Vampire, dealing and receiving twice as much damage, and becoming immune to roleblocks.

Health costs for abilities are not counted as "damage", are not considered "outside sources", and are not blocked by Salvation or Desperate Gamble. If a player does not have enough health to cast an ability without dying, it will not be cast.

*Cannot be cast on self or teammates

Order of actions:

Spoiler: show
Unmask > Lynch (and lynch regen) > Sacrifice > Hemotoxin (Roleblock and cast cost only) > Salvation > Life transfers > Unholy Retribution > Other Damaging Attacks* (Including Hemotoxin Damage) > damage from Depsperate gamble not being broken > Bandwagon Bargain (for next round) > Enshroud > Investigate > Snoop (Health cost only) > Equilibrium > Desperate Gamble(cast for next round) > Snoop (peek result)

*All Health costs, lifesteal and damages in this section are calculated and applied simultaneously.

Rounds will be 24 hours long.

No activity for 2 rounds = lose 300 health that round, 400 health the next round if you're still not active, and so on.

If you've lost health due to afking, you may not use Equilibrium or Scarlet Wounds until you have been active for a full round after.

[signups open]
[cohost shadi]

ImageImage

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:18 pm
Profile WWW

#2 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
I'm [in]

Let's hope season 2 is better than the first one

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:54 am

#3 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
[In]

Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:25 pm
Friend of the Community

#4 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
Hi, I WILL be co-hosting.

- Benjamin Franklin

Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:21 pm

#5 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
[In]-desu

Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:34 pm

#6 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
Ish wrote:
[In]-desu

gonna copyright this..

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break

Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:48 pm
nD*** Jail Member

#7 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
[In]

Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:57 am

#8 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
[in]

We're back, boys.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:41 am

#9 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
[in]

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:08 pm

#10 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
If the game reaches 8 players before tomorrow at noon (EDT), I'll start r0 then. (Not concerned about cutting the deadline off because people can always join in during the first three rounds.)

ImageImage

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
neonDragon Admin

#11 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
[in]

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:39 pm

#12 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
Extra life vs trolling.
Hard choice...

[in]

Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:37 pm

#13 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
[in]

Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:09 am

#14 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
Dunno exactly how much time I have for this game since school is a thing atm, but [in]

Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:56 pm

#15 Post Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact Isolate
R0 will begin in less than an hour. Alignment pms will go out, the vampire team will hospitalize someone (meaning they will not be able to regen 50 health next turn via voting like an uninjured town member would be able to do), and R1 will begin 12 hours after r0 started (midnight tonight).

ImageImage

Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next