Xalus wrote:Voting will end this sunday,
For Gang System, you guys have some idea's how it should work out?
We would like to hear some ideas about that to!
nD* Coder | Team
The first step would be creating a command in chat (e.g. !gang) that brings up the menu. This is the GUI for the system which allows the players to register and apply for gangs. For example the initial menu might look like this:
If the player isn't in a gang:
1. Create a gang
2. Apply for a gang
3. Display gang invitations (gang leaders can invite players who are not in a gang by using their steam id)
4. Display all gangs
5. Display rankings
if the player is in a gang:
1. Display gang perks
2. Display weekly challenges
3. Display monthly challenges (can be combined with the previous one in 1 page)
4. Display members
5. Display rankings
6. Donate nD cash to the gang bank
7. Leave gang
if the player is in a gang and is the leader of the gang:
1. Upgrade gang perks
2. Invite a member to the gang
3. Kick a member from the gang
4. Gang settings (allows leader to change name, move leadership to someone else, etc.)
5. Gang bank (retrieve nD cash, deposit nD cash, zaptor's idea of gang overall cash)
5. Display weekly challenges
6. Display monthly challenges
7. Display rankings
8. Leave gang
Notice how I didn't include any "Disband" option because its not really fair for gang members to become homeless (?) who may have worked hard for a specific gang. If the leader wanted to leave, the first member who joined into the gang automatically becomes the next leader (store their joinedDate when they join the gang in the database and have a query look it up).
As far as the perks go its really up to you to decide what to include but personally I recommend having this at the start:
Precondition: player is in a gang:
1. Unlock weekly challenges (one time cost of 50k)
2. Unlock monthly challenges (one time cost of 50k)
3. Unlock gang tag (when typing something in the chat, all members of the gang will have the tag displayed before the message similar to the nD moderators tag)
4. Join the rankings (25k and need atleast 3 people in a gang) - when someone has their gang created they should not be automatically added to the overall gang rankings to prevent lots of gangs.
5. Expand gang size (the initial size upon creations should be limited to 3. First upgrade would expand it to 5, then 8 and finally 10) - lower numbers means more people joining in different gangs and would help tackle 'best' gang problems.
6. Increase gamble chance (whatever you decide to do with this)
7. Unlock new gambling method (roulette?)
Once you get the basic version implemented, you can open a topic or even use this one for more ideas but I think the above system should suffice. Also, as I mentioned previously, you could open a section for the gangs to make their own boards in the forum.
I think the rankings will probably be the most complex part as you will need to come up with different requirements to measure how gangs climb up. One method I can think of would be having popularity variable which is based on the gang perks. The more perks you unlock the more popularity points you get and different perks give different values (for example, having the max gang size would give you 50 points while having monthly and weekly challenges unlocked gives you 10 for each. However, many gangs will reach max points with this and therefore be equal. This is why you can introduce another requirement such as getting popularity points from ct knife kills by terrorist gang members. So for this you could say that for every ct kill with a knife and as long as you are in a gang, you get 1 popularity point with it. Obviously from here you can expand to include weapon kills, etc.