Suggestion machine [POLL / Results]

Image | IP: jb.neonDragon.net:27015 | Jailbreak Stats & Achievements | Steam Group: neonDragonJailbreak

Moderators: Xalus, J4ck

What's the best idea and should definitely be a part of jailbreak?

Gang-System
41%
Lazer (Funday)
9%
Throwing knife (Shop)
36%
Commander menu
14%

Total votes: 58
hoho

Re: Suggestion machine [POLL / Results]

Post by hoho »

Lagger wrote:
Xalus wrote:Voting will end this sunday,

For Gang System, you guys have some idea's how it should work out?
We would like to hear some ideas about that to!

Grtz,
nD* Coder | Team
My personal idea:

Creating a gang should cost 50k nD$ (if not more), the one who creates the gang is set as Leader, he has the ability to invite players and upgrade their role in the gang, ranks would be:
- Member: (no ability)
- Assistant: Ability to invite players to the gang
- Companion: Ability to kick members/assistants, upgrade a member rank to assistant, invite players to the gang
- Leader (creator): Ability to kick members/assistants/companions, upgrade/downgrade a gang member (with companion being the max rank possible given), invite players, rename the gang, delete the gang

things that doesn't harm the gameplay in any way I guess, could also have a gang leaderboard that shows the top gangs, alongside the number of kills each gang has when its members got kills as T (LR/fundays excluded)
:handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
but how much to JOIN a gang, i mean.... should it be for free?
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

Lagger wrote:
My personal idea:

Creating a gang should cost 50k nD$ (if not more), the one who creates the gang is set as Leader, he has the ability to invite players and upgrade their role in the gang, ranks would be:
- Member: (no ability)
- Assistant: Ability to invite players to the gang
- Companion: Ability to kick members/assistants, upgrade a member rank to assistant, invite players to the gang
- Leader (creator): Ability to kick members/assistants/companions, upgrade/downgrade a gang member (with companion being the max rank possible given), invite players, rename the gang, delete the gang

things that doesn't harm the gameplay in any way I guess, could also have a gang leaderboard that shows the top gangs, alongside the number of kills each gang has when its members got kills as T (LR/fundays excluded)
Just throwing a few ideas out there.

- The money spent on creating a gang could go to the "Happyhour" ID / account in the spoiler. Where it could be used for hosting happyhours or "gangwars".
Spoiler!

The Gang could have a "gang-account" where for example 10 % of the proceeds made from gang-members would be credited. That way you are indirectly "paying" to be in the gang and ensuring the gang is financially stable. If you play good and consistently you might rack up a decent amount of cash. The gang-leader would be able to manage the account and decide what to do with the money.

An option could also be that you can use the "gang's-account" to buy weapons from jbshop to your gang-members.

We could add a feature to the current bounty system that allows you to set a bounty on a gang. If you kill any gang-member of that gang you would claim the bounty, etc..

An option to transfer your LR to other gang-members could also be interesting, helping gang members get achievements etc.

- As for custom gang skins, knives etc: This is currently not possible as we already have too many models on the server. If we somehow resolve this it will be possible.

These were just a few suggestions from the top of my head. Feel free to alter them, or come up with better solutions.

- There are a lot of possibilities, however, we should aim to implement ideas that are not (directly) interrupting the gameplay.
These users thanked the author zapt0r for the post:
Lagger
Regards,
zapt0r
Ultor

Post by Ultor »

Xalus wrote:Voting will end this sunday,

For Gang System, you guys have some idea's how it should work out?
We would like to hear some ideas about that to!

Grtz,
nD* Coder | Team
The first step would be creating a command in chat (e.g. !gang) that brings up the menu. This is the GUI for the system which allows the players to register and apply for gangs. For example the initial menu might look like this:

If the player isn't in a gang:
1. Create a gang
2. Apply for a gang
3. Display gang invitations (gang leaders can invite players who are not in a gang by using their steam id)
4. Display all gangs
5. Display rankings

if the player is in a gang:
1. Display gang perks
2. Display weekly challenges
3. Display monthly challenges (can be combined with the previous one in 1 page)
4. Display members
5. Display rankings
6. Donate nD cash to the gang bank
7. Leave gang

if the player is in a gang and is the leader of the gang:
1. Upgrade gang perks
2. Invite a member to the gang
3. Kick a member from the gang
4. Gang settings (allows leader to change name, move leadership to someone else, etc.)
5. Gang bank (retrieve nD cash, deposit nD cash, zaptor's idea of gang overall cash)
5. Display weekly challenges
6. Display monthly challenges
7. Display rankings
8. Leave gang

Notice how I didn't include any "Disband" option because its not really fair for gang members to become homeless (?) who may have worked hard for a specific gang. If the leader wanted to leave, the first member who joined into the gang automatically becomes the next leader (store their joinedDate when they join the gang in the database and have a query look it up).

As far as the perks go its really up to you to decide what to include but personally I recommend having this at the start:

Precondition: player is in a gang:
1. Unlock weekly challenges (one time cost of 50k)
2. Unlock monthly challenges (one time cost of 50k)
3. Unlock gang tag (when typing something in the chat, all members of the gang will have the tag displayed before the message similar to the nD moderators tag)
4. Join the rankings (25k and need atleast 3 people in a gang) - when someone has their gang created they should not be automatically added to the overall gang rankings to prevent lots of gangs.
5. Expand gang size (the initial size upon creations should be limited to 3. First upgrade would expand it to 5, then 8 and finally 10) - lower numbers means more people joining in different gangs and would help tackle 'best' gang problems.
6. Increase gamble chance (whatever you decide to do with this)
7. Unlock new gambling method (roulette?)

Once you get the basic version implemented, you can open a topic or even use this one for more ideas but I think the above system should suffice. Also, as I mentioned previously, you could open a section for the gangs to make their own boards in the forum.

I think the rankings will probably be the most complex part as you will need to come up with different requirements to measure how gangs climb up. One method I can think of would be having popularity variable which is based on the gang perks. The more perks you unlock the more popularity points you get and different perks give different values (for example, having the max gang size would give you 50 points while having monthly and weekly challenges unlocked gives you 10 for each. However, many gangs will reach max points with this and therefore be equal. This is why you can introduce another requirement such as getting popularity points from ct knife kills by terrorist gang members. So for this you could say that for every ct kill with a knife and as long as you are in a gang, you get 1 popularity point with it. Obviously from here you can expand to include weapon kills, etc.
These users thanked the author Ultor for the post (total 5):
Lagger, KaitoKid, hoho, Kurza, Silence
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

Could probably tweak this plugin to get what Ultor suggests.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=169907

The poll is awfully close, need a few more peps to vote.
Regards,
zapt0r
J4ck
nD Developer

Post by J4ck »

But I cant understand if its hard to do all of these things on the vote?
Make a huge change on jailbreak, work one by one take a rest then all of them can be added?
KaitoKid
VIP

Post by KaitoKid »

Can anyone who voted throwing knife tell me why [basically a silent deagle] is more exciting to you than what's essentially a guild system? I know the server's not really populated enough to make the most of the gang system but how do you even begin to prefer throwing a knife to this?? Legit no clue how the poll is so close, enlighten me pls

EDIT: ah apparently some ppl are saying they've been asked to vote for the knife thing on steam so whoever came up with the idea can get the vip, I guess this sort of behaviour should've been expected with a reward like that
Last edited by KaitoKid on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author KaitoKid for the post:
Lagger
STEAM_0:0:51774830
Thierry Henry

Post by Thierry Henry »

KaitoKid wrote:Can anyone who voted throwing knife tell me why [basically a silent deagle] is more exciting to you than what's essentially a guild system? I know the server's not really populated enough to make the most of the gang system but how do you even begin to prefer throwing a knife to this?? Legit no clue how the poll is so close, enlighten me pls
New cod, guess alot of fans of tomahawk.
"Donkey by L.F. Donkey" -mR#KaitoKid
Ultor

Post by Ultor »

KaitoKid wrote:Can anyone who voted throwing knife tell me why [basically a silent deagle] is more exciting to you than what's essentially a guild system? I know the server's not really populated enough to make the most of the gang system but how do you even begin to prefer throwing a knife to this?? Legit no clue how the poll is so close, enlighten me pls
:think: :shhh: :pray:
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

@Ultor great effort and time you did put in to the maybe in the future happening gang system.

My only doubts would be that making jb too much into something where it is the most important thing to be or having the greatest gang, could lead to it that players who just enjoy the jb mod/server itself could feel like an outsider or lose interest to play later if they are not in a gang. I also have the feeling that these gang things could lead to players being more abusive. Giving special treatment away as a ct or blocking an other gang member in a game to let his gang-mate win and so on. I'll hope if the gang-system get added it still doesn't effect the jb game mod itself and that it wont lead to more abusive behaviour like the so often happening GANGING UP on someone else.
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
Ultor

Post by Ultor »

if the voting is over here is my steam ID STEAM_0:0:51155941, can't wait to use the gang system!
These users thanked the author Ultor for the post:
Xalus
Xalus
nD Coder

Post by Xalus »

Thanks everyone for voting and posting ideas.

Ultor won the 1 Year VIP, (I've payed for your year VIP, it should activate soon)
slink won second price with throwing knifes and will get 1month VIP. (PM me ur steamid pls)

We will get started on the suggestions as soon as possible and when we have time,
I'll probably start with the small ones first, because they don't take much of my time.

Grtz,
nD* Coder | Team

These users thanked the author Xalus for the post:
Silence
Private projects
  • csBattleroyal (90%)
  • csCrash Bash: Ballistix (95%)
Running projects
  • Terrorist Games (Lastrequest / T-Game) #Jailbreak
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak
Silence
nD*** Jail Member

Post by Silence »

If you needed any help with testing or anything, mail me.
Good job with the ideas ultor, i didn't comment as i couldn't come up with any better you created.
Can't wait to see the changes!
Xalus
nD Coder

Post by Xalus »

So we started slowly on the to-do list, a little story:

Throwing knife is been added since today (9/11/'18),
next in list is probably some small new fundays and a commander menu to cleanup a bit.

Gang system is a huge project, a project we are all interested in to make it happen,
but it just takes to much time and I still have to figure about how / what the benefits of this would be.

I rather work on more necessary projects for now.
Something that benefits the whole community, instead of only Jailbreak.

A multimod server is high on my priority's, It's been mentioned pretty much the last years (?).
And never really much effort was put into it.
But Pukata woke up my interests, when he told me his (behind-the-scene)-system was almost finished so we can handle server stuff a lot easier. (#SPOILER: He is still breathing)

I'll try to put some default mods into it and of course some private projects,
I got a bunch of years of modding and never actually using any of them ^^

I hope I can give you guys more information about this in a few weeks.

Grtz,
nD* Coder | Team
Private projects
  • csBattleroyal (90%)
Running projects
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak
Xalus
nD Coder

Post by Xalus »

I started on the 'Commander menu'

This is just a preview of how it could be in my eyes,
I'm open for suggestions, changes.

So what you guys think it should have?

Grtz,
nD* Coder | Team
These users thanked the author Xalus for the post (total 2):
zapt0r, Silence
Private projects
  • csBattleroyal (90%)
Running projects
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak
Silence
nD*** Jail Member

Post by Silence »

You could also add the admin games from games_menu (snowman, rocketman)
I can't see anything else for now.
good job man

Return to “JailBreak [Achievements]”