Rate the commander

Image | IP: jb.neonDragon.net:27015 | Jailbreak Stats & Achievements | Steam Group: neonDragonJailbreak

Moderators: Xalus, J4ck

Makita

Rate the commander

Post by Makita »

Before I start explaining this I first want to make it clear that I know this won’t be a priority at the moment, but I do think this would be a great idea to have it implemented in jailbreak in the future.

I have noticed recently that several commanders are not doing a great job providing a fun and creative day for the terrorists. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, but there are a lot of players who complain about people doing lame cage games, sawgames etc. I think it would be a good idea if terrorists could rate the commanders after the round has ended. Here is why;

- Commanders can improve by receiving advice from the terrorists.
- Commanders will try to decrease the lame games and take notes from the ratings.
- After a while commanders will try to do their best to command fun and less lame games and new players will hopefully take note of this and also command better days. This way the new players won’t command lame or boring days, because they saw other players doing the same.

How does the rating system work?

After the round has ended the t’s can pick a number between 1-10 and also choose what they did not like. For example

- Lame games
- Freekilled
- Round took too long

I hope for some good critisicm!

'You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest, because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.'
Silence
nD*** Jail Member

Re: Rate the commander

Post by Silence »

I can't see it working on JB.
Players tend to troll one another .
Besides that, prisoners that hate each other with cops will vote negatively even if commander is doing well.
baby

Post by baby »

Silence wrote:I can't see it working on JB.
Besides that, prisoners that hate each other with cops will vote negatively even if commander is doing well.
agreed , even tho i see that Makita's idea is not bad at all i mean after all we have /ratemap option so /ratecommander would not be that bad

But if iam being honest implement new system for something like this should not be in the table at allt as if you ask me i think that most cts act as they do now because most of the time there isnt a member online and sometimes even with a member in the server they still dont get moderated for their lame commanding / bad sense of humour , since when was doing lame games and killing ts here and there for a better rank fun ? taking advantage of the fact that new players still dont get some games and fk them because they dont know how to defend themselves secretly ? and since when was playing around and disturbing the commander who is trying to bring a good atmosphere to the server a fun thing ? there is a group of people that care only about themselves in the server and it has become a serious issue the teamkilling / the playing around / trolling everyone and evrything around you / ruining evryone fun because you and your friends think it is fun

I swear now we always get the same cts as they have good inernet they join the ct side as fast as they can and have their own routine of lame games , freekills , trollish behaviours i really wish members would moderate them more for it and im not saying members dont do their jobs or anything but please it has now became clear as the sky that the cts care about nobody but themselves and their twisted sense of humour rather than making the game enjoyable for evrybody and especially the nonsteamers / new players i swear all it takes is to laugh with them and if they die you just tell them sorry but you lost here is why next time im sure you can win it .... all it takes for me to gain their love is from time to time i tell them you are improving im proud of you or you are very nice person i ejoy playing with you you ( you get the idea ) and you would be surprised of all the love you gonna get from them it is a gift that we still get new consistant players even after they die every round without even understanding the game or the language they just follow me around like cute little kids and i cant get enough of the love when they hear you laughing they laugh too ven tho they have no idea whats going on they still hang around please dont ruin it and try to make the gameplay as enjoyable as possible for evrybody and consider everyones point of view : some times someones goes to take a piss or maybe brings something to eat after he was dead for along round give them time to comeback dont kill afks straight away , and sometimes you have new players be gentle when killing them as they might not get the game you are playing or atleast before you kill them you can say ohhh sorry so close next time you can do it ....

i got emotional but im sure you get the idea ! not to forget there is still cool poeple in the server members and nonmembers who we still enjoy thei company in the server and know how to make us enjoy the time in the server

I also noticed that makita's point from this thread is not to add new system but to bring this topic to the public and hoepfully encourage members to moderate more on it i just dont want to see poeple calling names around because that would solve nothing but creat more problems , as god knows we need a solution to this as soon as possible
Makita

Post by Makita »

Like I said; it is just an idea. I am not trying to make a system out of it since I knew it wouldn't become a priority number one. I do however like the idea of trying to have the commanders command more fun and creative days, like Baby said. I notice players tend to stay on the server whenever a commander is doing a fun day. Commanders who cannot command proper fun days could maybe have a look at the 'jailbreak gameguide' here; http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14069 Here you have tons of fun games which haven't been played in a while.

I hope we can share thoughts and come up with an idea!

'You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest, because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.'
KING SNEL

Post by KING SNEL »

even if this system was here it wouldnt work, idk how many times we told few commanders not to take 15 minutes to make a fucking round, yet they do it and half the server leaves
ReXor

Post by ReXor »

Great Idea , Server can add /ratecommander Easily , i think everyone should be like (baby) he is The Perfect Commander in neondragon it would be good
i will give this idea 10/10 And Congrats for the member Makita :)
iOsama

Post by iOsama »

ReXor wrote:Great Idea , Server can add /ratecommander Easily , i think everyone should be like (baby) he is The Perfect Commander in neondragon it would be good
i will give this idea 10/10 And Congrats for the member Makita :)
like baby ? u want everyone to command 10 years round !!! great
Silence
nD*** Jail Member

Post by Silence »

Guys please stick to The topic, we have more than enough offtop nowadays, ruining the forum.
Conclusion of this theme is clear: commanders shall improve their skills and create creative games for prisoners. No point to make rate system because poeple would troll one another with 0/10.
critycism

Post by critycism »

I like this suggestion a lot, the idea of having people rate your commands seems very nice because admins will be able to check the ratings and see who's a good commander, probably, some people will beg for good ratings leading them to not being honest at all with their ratings...
Silence wrote:I can't see it working on JB.
Basically the same thing Silence mentioned

It's sad to see that some commanders tend to do the same days over and over again, I'm not blaming you (people that do that) for that, I barely command and if I do, I mostly do the lamest days someone can ever imagine. The /ratecommander option would be nice because people can get an idea of what they're doing right/wrong...

Anyways wont go any further, the idea seems pretty cool and would be an awesome feature to jailbreak, I like it!
Hadi

Post by Hadi »

Free Killing - 100%
Lame Commander - 100%
Taking too long - 100%

did i win or wut?
Failing is not falling down, it's refusing to get back up.

This is 10% LUCK!
20% SKILL!
15% CONCENTRATED POWER OF WILL!
5% PLEASURE!
50% PAIN!
This is a 100% REASON TO REMEMBER THE NAME!
Ultor

Post by Ultor »

Nina Diamanda wrote:even if this system was here it wouldnt work, idk how many times we told few commanders not to take 15 minutes to make a fucking round, yet they do it and half the server leaves
This. It drives me crazy that even members and admins do this and end up doing shitty late games to end the day.

The best commanders do this:

1. Command as quickly as possible when there is a new round, don't waste time chatting bs.

2. Don't waste time giving useless commands when you don't need them. Example, if you wanted the Ts to follow you somewhere outside the cage:

Bad commanding-
1st command: Cage day, go to cage (10 seconds)
2nd command: make a line in the middle (10-15 seconds)
3rd command: follow me outside the cage

Good commanding (saved 10-15 seconds)-

3. Do the best games at late round because it will be more competitive for those seeking LR.

4. Aim to end round at 0:00 or before that (make sure you did good games).

5. Avoid simon says EVEN when the Ts are rebelling (global simon says is okay though if you do it occasionally).

6. If somehow you reach 0:00 and still no LR, apologise to everyone who's dead and do quick games (not last and first reaction).
These users thanked the author Ultor for the post:
zapt0r
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

Ultor wrote:
Nina Diamanda wrote:even if this system was here it wouldnt work, idk how many times we told few commanders not to take 15 minutes to make a fucking round, yet they do it and half the server leaves
This. It drives me crazy that even members and admins do this and end up doing shitty late games to end the day.
Spoiler!
The best commanders do this:

1. Command as quickly as possible when there is a new round, don't waste time chatting bs.

2. Don't waste time giving useless commands when you don't need them. Example, if you wanted the Ts to follow you somewhere outside the cage:

Bad commanding-
2nd command: make a line in the middle (10-15 seconds)

Good commanding (saved 10-15 seconds)-

3. Do the best games at late round because it will be more competitive for those seeking LR.

4. Aim to end round at 0:00 or before that (make sure you did good games).

5. Avoid simon says EVEN when the Ts are rebelling (global simon says is okay though if you do it occasionally).

6. If somehow you reach 0:00 and still no LR, apologise to everyone who's dead and do quick games (not last and first reaction).

Adding to what Ultor explained with a few brief examples.

Ideally, you would wanna play 3-4 games with the Ts - ending before 0:00.

- First game should be a game that accommodates all the Ts, which is not too heavily skill dependant - meaning that everybody has a somewhat equal chance of surviving. This way the players with less skill won't be eliminated early every single round and they get a chance to get some playtime too. You should be left with a good bunch of survivors, 8-14 Ts (assuming a full server). E.g mazerace, snowman, rocketman, blackman, dodgeball, deathrun

- Second game should aim to eliminate half of the remaining Ts, so if you had 12 survivors from the previous game, you should now try to get rid of around 6. This game should be more skill dependant, but still have some randomness to it. E.g obstacle races/iron man, football games, team games

- Third game should/could be highly skill dependant and ideally here you want to be left with 1-4 Ts. E.g surf, kz, races, bhop games

- Final game is obviously to get LR, try being creative.
Regards,
zapt0r
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

It's perfectly reasonable and common sense to act as Ultor and Zapt0r described. The players aren't dumb, they know very well what they're doing but they choose to deliberately fool around and troll many times. The small bunch that are unexperienced will tend to command enough times and become better.

The underlying issue here is that these people need to be controlled. I already do that and take a lot of heat; members should do it way more often, part of the reason they do not is that they don't want to take the heat, many times a moderator will be alone in the server and get sh*t on by a whole trolling server that then comes and gangs up on the forums, no one wants that. And another part of the reason is not having real example from active ingame admins.

So this is a practice that should start with admins giving the example and then members becoming used to the procedure and doing it. A system to rate a commander will serve the purpose, but then what; it will also be used by friends to rate their friends. It's a fun thing to do, and would perhaps aid the whole process. Imo what would really change the lameness of commanding long rounds and trolling around is spreading the attitude of taking care of the CTs and switching these people through the nD* Team.
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

A main problem is that you have more trolls inside the ct team than at the T side who fools around on purpose like uhu stated it.

I tried multiple times to command as many as possible games but had not even the chance bcs I got easily rebelled down (which is np for me if there is a sneaky/good rebeller).
But it takes me more time to tell the CTs to take a spot and to not play around which is an issue you could only fix with switching the half CT team or handling out ct bans at one point.

If you have a decent CT team you then can and will command some nice liked rounds by the Ts. I was never a fan of playing cage games with exceptions ike a music day or hot potato with M4 and so on.
But as said even if you have commanders who are willing to command some nice quick rounds you wont even be able to bcs the half team is teamattacking eachother or afk in the gr or simply playing around for which you then at the end can't blame any commander. And many of them will lose their interest in commanding bcs they get no backup to survive and will just be the ones far away from the rebellers or just don't command at all anymore.
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]

Return to “JailBreak [Achievements]”