[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Post Reply
User avatar
Numble
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:37 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by Numble »

ARSENIC wrote:Let me put it nice and simple for you.

If the village doesn't vote for Mendel:
TD is unified with 5/5 players.
Everyone else is divided with 5/5 players.

If the village kills Mendel:
TD is unified with 4/5 players.
Everyone else is divided with 5/5 players.

If you, personally, vote for Mendel:
You kill someone guaranteed to not be from your own faction.

If you, personally, vote for anyone other than Mendel:
You run the risk of possibly killing someone from your faction.

In short, if we don't kill Mendel, TD will have an edge and lose nothing for it.
Both as individuals, and as a majority, we all gain from icing Mendel.
Yeah you're right. I was just thinking that R1 we'd be voting straight out Mendel.
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Cruxell
VIP
Posts: 1771
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by Cruxell »

Lynching Mendel obviously goes to our favor, well at least the favor of four fifths of the players. If he's not on your team, than he's best off dead. Lynching somebody else might kill your own teammate.
Aside from that, Twisted Depths may be able to connect if they all claim to him. But they might not do that.

Can we at this point be certain that Mendel is from Twisted Depths? We need to think outside of the box and come up with reasons for why he might've fake claimed.

People, please. There are five factions, each of which has four players. It's not the other way around.

Henceforth I'd like to be known as King Cruxell of Boswell, the First of Our Name.
User avatar
Mendel
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by Mendel »

Numble trying to sow doubt

I am not posting info on every realm because a) not every realm is having specials that dangerous, and b) I want to have some realms left with goodwill towards me.

There weren't any slipups, I know all realms, and if you contact me privately, I am ready to prove it.
Don't leave me hanging, guys, and don't believe Numble. He's just spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt.
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
User avatar
Cap_H
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by Cap_H »

It almost sounds like one should want to stay under radar in this game.
About killing Mendel, I don't know. If we keep him alive for a day, we can possibly find other members of his fraction. Hopefully, there's a traitor among claimants.
Maybe everyone should claim to Mendel. ;)
User avatar
SweedyGonzales
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:41 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by SweedyGonzales »

Mendel is really sticking his neck out for a low EV play. It's dumb, but it's made me scared it may have worked and any night kill attempts on Mendel will be negated by tough or a teammate he made contact with. Would recommend leaving night kills for randoms and just lynching next round. If he did get in contact, they use adrenaline and negate that too though. But using a once per game ability r0 seems dumb, although in line with risks already taken.

Either way he's not my faction unless he's pulling some insanity.
These users thanked the author SweedyGonzales for the post:
Cap_H
Sign away your life here:
...................................
User avatar
Cap_H
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by Cap_H »

Mendel wrote:Numble trying to sow doubt

I am not posting info on every realm because a) not every realm is having specials that dangerous, and b) I want to have some realms left with goodwill towards me.

There weren't any slipups, I know all realms, and if you contact me privately, I am ready to prove it.
Don't leave me hanging, guys, and don't believe Numble. He's just spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt.
I guess he's just a member of Twisted Depth.
User avatar
Mendel
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by Mendel »

ARSENIC wrote:Let me put it nice and simple for you.

If the village doesn't vote for Mendel:
TD is unified with 5/5 players.
Everyone else is divided with 5/5 players.

If the village kills Mendel:
TD is unified with 4/5 players.
Everyone else is divided with 5/5 players.

If you, personally, vote for Mendel:
You kill someone guaranteed to not be from your own faction.

If you, personally, vote for anyone other than Mendel:
You run the risk of possibly killing someone from your faction.

In short, if we don't kill Mendel, TD will have an edge and lose nothing for it.
Both as individuals, and as a majority, we all gain from icing Mendel.
1) Each realm has four (4) players.

2) The "edge" we (Twisted Depths) get is swapping powers around (which doesn't give us more power), a role-block that blocks every player at most once, and frankly our major Special is not that hot either.

3) If you want that edge too, allude to your disparity, so the players of your faction can contact you. I made a hard decision to keep my disparity secret after my previous method of doing the allusion clashed with a game rule.

4) There are two factions whose Majors I have outed. If you appreciate the warning, help me not get lynched. It's not just because of what I could reveal if I was getting lynched, it's also the fact that while you can protect against Barren Forst (ask any player you peek if he knows your disparity), you cannot protect against Scorching Sands taking your Influence away from you once they connect 3 players.

Now look at Numble's first post, trying to manipulate us into thinking that distribution of Influence will matter, because once they connect, it won't. I'm willing to bet Numble is Scorching Sands, and that is why I am going to try to get him lynched on the next round.

If you are a Twisted Depths player, please contact me privately, via forum PM or Discord. I have posted the major specials of two realms here, and these have not been revealed by the hosts except to us. I am ready to prove to you I know the other two realms' Majors, as well as our own disparity.
You will learn who your teammates are, and be able to coordinate and work together. For the new players, in this community it is ok for any player to communicate by any means, even privately and off-forum. Please do not make the risk I am taking for you be in vain.

I have thought this through, but I need your cooperation.
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
Cruxell
VIP
Posts: 1771
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by Cruxell »

Mendel wrote: I am not posting info on every realm because a) not every realm is having specials that dangerous, [...]
The following quote is an excerpt from the "Mechanics, Interactions and Additional Notes" post.
Liquid Rage wrote:You can expect late game Realms to have much stronger Major Specials and Disparities, while early game Realms have lots of ways to form connections and stronger Minor Specials and Passives.
Twisted Depths (3) is a mid game faction. You posted the info on the Barren Frosts (1) and the Scorching Sands (2). These are early game and mid-early game, respectively. And yet you claim that the reason why you didn't share the info about every realm is because they have weaker ("not that dangerous") specials. The realms in question must have stronger specials than all other realms, because they're the strongest in the mid-late and late game. This was detailed in the quote above.

So, scratch reason A.
Mendel wrote:b) I want to have some realms left with goodwill towards me.
No realm will take revenge against you. Why would they? If we decide we want you gone, we will do that through lynching you. Due to the protection that you will have on yourself, no realm will dareto risk their killing actions on you.

Neither of your arguments holds water. The only explanation for sharing info about only BF (1) and SS (2) is that you're not from Twisted Depths (3), but from one of these two realms. You wanted TD (3) to claim to you, while the last two realms in the game would trust you. This way, the only of the five realms which you will anger is either BF (1) or SS (2).

If you are from either of these two realms and Mendel gave an inaccurate description of your powers, you can know with certainty that he's not from TD.
User avatar
SweedyGonzales
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:41 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by SweedyGonzales »

One of the majors that Mendel revealed is correct, but it's a pretty obvious major tbh. I'm not TD, so can't confirm the other. Leaving the other factions out seems odd.
Mendel, care to explain your suicidal tendencies?
Sign away your life here:
...................................
User avatar
wertydoo
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:09 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by wertydoo »

SweedyGonzales wrote:One of the majors that Mendel revealed is correct, but it's a pretty obvious major tbh. I'm not TD, so can't confirm the other. Leaving the other factions out seems odd.
Mendel, care to explain your suicidal tendencies?
I think you just claimed?

HELLO EVERYONE. MY BUSY WEEK IS OVER.
Firstly, let me just say how excited I am for this game. The mechanics and setup are as wonderful if not better than previous boswell games, and I have the nostalgia of having played a fate campaign centered around the same story. I would also like to congratulate Hater on actually reaching his 20 player roster for this game. That's a tough mark for nD and it's endearing to see. Lastly, from those 20 players, I would like to welcome back some old and familiar faces!
It's gonna be a fun game.
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
Image
User avatar
Mystic
Posts: 1614
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:42 pm
Location: <script>alert("hey")</script>
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by Mystic »

SweedyGonzales wrote:One of the majors that Mendel revealed is correct, but it's a pretty obvious major tbh. I'm not TD, so can't confirm the other. Leaving the other factions out seems odd.
Mendel, care to explain your suicidal tendencies?
Sweedy is most likely a barren frosts player. He deliberately kept open 2 options so that players of scorching would also attempt to connect with him, thereby infiltrating their realm. For now I suggest nobody peek Sweedy. Apart from barren players ofcourse. Since I think the Infiltrate mechanic is really strong (they instantly know all of your team's info basically) I am leaning towards trying to get Sweedy lynched.
Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow
Image
User avatar
Patrick
Friend of the Community
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:30 pm
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by Patrick »

Mystic wrote:
SweedyGonzales wrote:One of the majors that Mendel revealed is correct, but it's a pretty obvious major tbh. I'm not TD, so can't confirm the other. Leaving the other factions out seems odd.
Mendel, care to explain your suicidal tendencies?
Sweedy is most likely a barren frosts player. He deliberately kept open 2 options so that players of scorching would also attempt to connect with him, thereby infiltrating their realm. For now I suggest nobody peek Sweedy. Apart from barren players ofcourse. Since I think the Infiltrate mechanic is really strong (they instantly know all of your team's info basically) I am leaning towards trying to get Sweedy lynched.
I support this idea even though I like the things Cruxell pointed out a few posts ago about Mendel's claim(Thought I would never say this). Sweedy's post looks like a claim to be a part of the BF realm. Ideally it would make sense to get rid of early game fractions first - because they just are that stronger than the rest at this point - until we have a lead on the late-game ones.
Image
User avatar
Mendel
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by Mendel »

Spoiler!
Cruxell wrote:
Mendel wrote: I am not posting info on every realm because a) not every realm is having specials that dangerous, [...]
The following quote is an excerpt from the "Mechanics, Interactions and Additional Notes" post.
Liquid Rage wrote:You can expect late game Realms to have much stronger Major Specials and Disparities, while early game Realms have lots of ways to form connections and stronger Minor Specials and Passives.
Twisted Depths (3) is a mid game faction. You posted the info on the Barren Frosts (1) and the Scorching Sands (2). These are early game and mid-early game, respectively. And yet you claim that the reason why you didn't share the info about every realm is because they have weaker ("not that dangerous") specials. The realms in question must have stronger specials than all other realms, because they're the strongest in the mid-late and late game. This was detailed in the quote above.

So, scratch reason A.
Mendel wrote:b) I want to have some realms left with goodwill towards me.
No realm will take revenge against you. Why would they? If we decide we want you gone, we will do that through lynching you. Due to the protection that you will have on yourself, no realm will dareto risk their killing actions on you.

Neither of your arguments holds water. The only explanation for sharing info about only BF (1) and SS (2) is that you're not from Twisted Depths (3), but from one of these two realms. You wanted TD (3) to claim to you, while the last two realms in the game would trust you. This way, the only of the five realms which you will anger is either BF (1) or SS (2).

If you are from either of these two realms and Mendel gave an inaccurate description of your powers, you can know with certainty that he's not from TD.
@Cruxell
I see your argument about HATER's early-game/late-game evaluation. From that it follows that right now, BF and SS are the two biggest threats we face; but they are mostly dangerous because their mechanics are so unexpected. The other two faction's Majors are powerful, but not unexpectedly so. The information on BF and SS will help us counter them, but the info on DF and Ret won't help as much.

If Barren Frosts or Scorching Sands had gained control in secret, the other 3 factions would have been blindsided, so I think reducing these two factions down to two players each is our first priority (speaking for Twisted, Desolate and Retribution here). Well, if you can manage to not get infiltrated by Frost, they're pretty powerless, but you need to have that information. (Btw, HATER confirmed that BF will get access to the role PMs as soon as they are peeked, so they won't be as easy to identify as I thought.)

I see TD as mainly an information-centered realm. The other two "late-game" realms have ways of killing other players that aren't all that unexpected, and while I probably would reveal them if threatened, there's not too much to be gained by knowing about them. (And there is some information about BF and SS that I could still reveal, but kept secret for now, to be able to identify team-mates.)
Neither of your arguments holds water. The only explanation for sharing info about only BF (1) and SS (2) is that you're not from Twisted Depths (3), but from one of these two realms.
How would I have detailed information on both of these realms this early in the game? If you are a TD player, contact me privately, and I am ready to demonstrate that I have information on all 4 realms. Your argument here doesn't hold water.
If you are from either of these two realms and Mendel gave an inaccurate description of your powers, you can know with certainty that he's not from TD.
My descriptions are correct (and not misleading!), but incomplete, lacking some relevant details. If you contact me claiming TD, I will ask you for these; if you provide and remain unconvinced, we can do this for the other two realms.

SweedyGonzales wrote:One of the majors that Mendel revealed is correct, but it's a pretty obvious major tbh. I'm not TD, so can't confirm the other. Leaving the other factions out seems odd.
Mendel, care to explain your suicidal tendencies?
Not revealing the other factions means that I hopefully have some friends left. And it won't be that helpful to you.

Mafia is about sometimes taking one for the team. If TD can connect early, and give BF no access, I feel we have a better chance than we would otherwise. We can cooperate with other realms because they know whom to contact (as long as I am alive). I don't think I am all that suicidal, but I hope that if I die because of this, it will have been worth it. And it makes the game more interesting.

If you would like to do this for your realm (claim and get to know each other), I'd like to cooperate in trying to get someone from neither of our realms lynched.

@Patrick if you still have questions, please point them out. I am ready to show that my TD claim is legitimate, both publicly and privately.
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
User avatar
Numble
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:37 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by Numble »

Mendel wrote:Numble trying to sow doubt

I am not posting info on every realm because a) not every realm is having specials that dangerous, and b) I want to have some realms left with goodwill towards me.

There weren't any slipups, I know all realms, and if you contact me privately, I am ready to prove it.
Don't leave me hanging, guys, and don't believe Numble. He's just spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt.
How come am I spreading fear or uncertainty or doubt? I'm simply not taking your info to face value when you clearly have got a lot more and just don't want to disclose it. This brings back what I had said earlier: This can be info you've gotten from your little previous stunt and just easily "baited" a whole faction to claim to you. If anything that helps your own faction and other factions.
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
User avatar
Numble
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:37 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by Numble »

Somebody correct me but, what Mendel did was a master bait on the Twisted Depths faction in my opinion. It just got out of control cuz either:

1- He doesn't want to reveal his own possible Major and Disparity

2- He's actually attempting to hold some info for himself in an attempt of further manipulation and/or negotiation.

It's just what it seems to me.
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Post Reply

Return to “Finished Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 66 guests