[Accepted] Way earlier than excepted, but decided to give it a big shot anyway.

All accepted Applications are stored here.
Bob Vegana

Way earlier than excepted, but decided to give it a big shot anyway.

Post by Bob Vegana »

- Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:98796771
- NickName: Hunie
- Experience Level (including any previous admin work): Jailbreak admin in ambrosia (2014), Zombie admin in WTB (2013, community long gone by now) Basic knowledge of server modding (offline one at that, used to play mods with bots.)
- Average amount of time on our servers per day: Varies from 1 to 5.
- Approximately, when did you start playing on our servers? I guess late 2015.
- After answering these questions, please provide a brief introduction of your life (hobbies, studies etc.) as well as your motivation for helping to moderate our servers.
Well ever since my last *Jail application it has been all up and down daily. I was uncertain about my future and had stupid thoughts sent to my head almost every day. Stress and confusion came in, made me lose my funny character, also made me delete my youtube channel (Thrashmands). Adding with the bad communication among admins making weird decisions at that time which added some extra stress, it was the darkest time of my life. Even got post-moderated then, which thankfully ended with my Uber's event takeover. Then I made that apology/fresh start post which got removed due to forums rollback in november/december. I know it was pretty recently, though. But even at that dark time I'll claim that community mattered for me. Will be honest that not always it had, but it always will further on.

Now I have thought it all through. I have fully decided to pursuit my dreams instead of looking for a job, since I already got everything I need. Although it's having a really slow progress right now, but some day soon I shall go bananas with that. And since I am still unemployed and might be for a while, I definitely have time for gaming, which I mostly spend in ND servers. I feel like that I'm finally turning into my old, hyper character, trying to entertain the playerbase just like in old times (in Jailbreak, particulary), while also being a welcomed regular. Also drastically improved my own communication with admins themselves, I think us get along now too, with which I'm very happy with. ND is a family to me. Self-claiming dragon serving the dragon community, proud to be a servant.

My hobbies and interests haven't really changed that much still. Guitar, rock music, gaming, video editing, entertaining others on the internet, making music.
- As well as your motivation for helping to moderate our servers.
The reason I decided to apply for ND*Fun this time (my 5th serious attempt to become a part of ND membership) is because I'm lately playing a variety of ND servers, which I guarantee will not change. Starting to really dig Surf/Gungame so far, but that mod is really frustrating from the starting experience. But I'm getting used to that now. Deathmatch is my 2nd most played server here, and on other servers I play on random occasions whenever there's people.

nD*Fun team is empty at the moment, so would be really nice to represent it. I know I can be a useful addition to the team with my activity. I have a sharp eye for cheaters, I interact well with players, harassers too. I don't prefer going on "no harassing!" as my first course of action. It could just be a temporary frustration which I fully understand, and would let them let it out first, because sometimes when you moderate him at that time, he would only become even angrier. I myself would take action only when it get's personal or when it's spammed in your typical mother-cursing way. Everyone is supposed to have fun in the game, and should be allowed to freely express themselves for as long as it doesn't harm/annoy others.

To shortly put the kind of candidate I think I am for y'all, I will sum it up this way. Let me know if this is not good enough for membership!

Pro's -
Active
Interactive
Entertaining
Wide english vocabulary
Valuing a friendly talk before strong moderation on whoever is harassing. He shouldn't be trigger-reported just for the sake of report amount in case of showing off.

Con's -
Inconsistent, unpredictable behaviour (The biggest reason for anyone to have doubts of me, last time easily seen weeks/month before I took over Uber's event, in-game most recently had that issue in surf-gungame week ago. Already working on it.)
Low amount of reports lately. (Cheaters is my only bother. As for harassers, I'd rather try to interact with them before considering to report them.)
Arrogant at times (all my past arguments are the proof for that. Most recent was with ZeRo in PM at 31st of December. That I think is my biggest con, hard to deal with for me. It's hard to shake me of my current though in a disagreement/argument unless there's an undeniable bang-on proof for a specific subject.)
Some of you might not like my recent behavior in Jailbreak, though. Well, welcome to the old Hunie antics! Weird, funny comments to brighten your day (trying anyway)! All these weird comments I've been making in Jailbreak were to try to make yer laugh. ;)

Take care, people! Cya in-game!
Last edited by Bob Vegana on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Bob Vegana for the post:
Shotex
[email protected] *

Re: Way earlier than excepted, but decided to give it a big shot anyway.

Post by [email protected] * »

hmm hello hunie! so you know what are the cons... your behaviour, this what the people see in you as a con, you know how your posts were in forum, maybe you have changed but people still remember your personality but i hope you will continue in proving more to people, i liked that you know what you have to improve. you're active in-game also in-forum, i saw you many times in dm also in surf, you have a good look to situations, you're able to handle the problems, you have the authority in nd servers, you meet the requirements, no need to say more because the behaviour can break all the mentioned things but i believe you will change or you're changing, i give you Extend and i hope we see a new good fresh happy friendly hunie soon, good luck my friend ;)
voodoo

Post by voodoo »

Hello HuniePoP,

First of all your application seems great and correct. The second , are you sure you are applying for fun member? Most of time you are spending in jb and not even fun servers. 'As i see' you wants to get and use powers into jb server, this is the first thing that comes to my mind(after you got declinded for 4 times? or as you said here) bcs i can find only 2 of your last applications. Also your activity in dm server does not meet the criteria after i took it seriously playing dm... that means around this days/weeks i have seen you playing 'sometimes' and not taking it seriously or being active more than 1 hour on it. Recently your report amounts are reduced as you mentioned a bit above. About the behavior with me is good I don't have contradiction with that. After all i'm giving a chance to have my support. I want from you just two things: activity in-game especially dm (if it was your 2nd most played server) or surf-gungame and to increase amount of reports while our behavior with each-other is okay. Let me know if you can do these and you have my fully support.

Good Luck with your application!
Bob Vegana

Post by Bob Vegana »

voodoo wrote:Hello HuniePoP,

First of all your application seems great and correct. The second , are you sure you are applying for fun member? Most of time you are spending in jb and not even fun servers. 'As i see' you wants to get and use powers into jb server, this is the first thing that comes to my mind(after you got declinded for 4 times? or as you said here) bcs i can find only 2 of your last applications. Also your activity in dm server does not meet the criteria after i took it seriously playing dm... that means around this days/weeks i have seen you playing 'sometimes' and not taking it seriously or being active more than 1 hour on it. Recently your report amounts are reduced as you mentioned a bit above. About the behavior with me is good I don't have contradiction with that. After all i'm giving a chance to have my support. I want from you just two things: activity in-game especially dm (if it was your 2nd most played server) or surf-gungame and to increase amount of reports while our behavior with each-other is okay. Let me know if you can do these and you have my fully support.

Good Luck with your application!
Hey dude, and thanks!
So, regarding the activity amount of 1 to 5 hours per day, it's meant to be in all ND servers in total. That includes Jailbreak, Deathmatch, Surf/Gungame and other servers on rare occasion in one big piece making up a total amount of hours played in all per day. (I guess most other servers are *Runner related anyways.) Lately I've been balancing my playtime between Jailbreak and DM + Surf, and since we're out of *Fun members at the moment too, I saw it being appropriate for me to applicate for *Fun member instead of *Jail.

I will confirm that I am 100% sure about applicating for ND*Fun this time.

Regarding my previous ND*Jail applications, they are still out there, but since the account I made those applications with got deleted (on my own request), they are shown to have a different author. If you want, I can send you the links to them in PM or maybe here even.
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Hey Hunie nice to see you applying.

Dunno really where to start or what I should think right now. Maybe your title of your application is one thing I feel "Way earlier than expected"
You are one of those persons we have in nD which are tryharding to get a spot in the nD team like Doeda in the past. I see that as a plus since it shows that you care about nD. But the opposite of that is what I saw coming from you in the past 3 months or maybe more. You were full of hate and toxicity and kinda gave a shit on all which was easy to see. I don't know as what kind of person I should see you. But here are my feelings. Hope you don't get offended if I come with directed things towards you, but I prefer to be honest. You tend to loose your cool very fast and I could see you as a kid which simply ragequit if things goes wrong, where I would think what would he do with powers if the situation is critical or getting out of control??? You had that attitude where you expected too much from al members in my eyes. That they kinda have to be a role model is fine for me but that you expected them to be perfect is too far stretched in my eyes. Even if they become members they will do mistakes like I do or we all do bcs we are humans. Instead of pushing them down like you often tried on Infinite or others you mentioned in a bad way, you could've helped them with your knowledge where you thought they doin wrong. This would've shown you would like to work in a (nD) team. I also could think right now which others thought on me too wont deny it that you could try to go an easy way now to get powers. There are for sure Fun members needed since we got none but I always saw you as a jail regular and would've expected to see you applying for jail team.
To come up with some pros...I do like that you are active inside the forum which is a plus for me aswell. Your english is very good.

Well I really dunno what to vote on you and would go for an extend just to give you a chance to improve on all cons and criticism players will give you. I still wouldn't deny that I have also a no in my mind since it feels like it is too early for you applying bcs of your shown behaviour...but we all can change and thats why I give you an extend to see how it comes out.

PS: Sorry for the textwall again but I think Hunie is a way more harder candidate than others :P
These users thanked the author ZeRo#1 for the post:
Bob Vegana
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
stickysteez

Post by stickysteez »

Hi bro, others may have their questions, i like to see this application.

Your application seems to tell me that you're a little un-secure, don't be ;)
You're great, you bring energy to the server and a great atmosphere, you try creative stuff and i like your commanding style.

Since I mostly play on JB i can't judge how u play on other servers.

- I would like to see you moderate more and keep your head cool when this are getting out of control

Feel free to PM me in steam about in-game stuff of real life questions.

For now i'll vote for a extend.

Good luck.
“Great men are not born great, they grow great . . .”
Majin Vegeta #BB
nD* Jail Member

Post by Majin Vegeta #BB »

It really hasn't been that long since you were harassing like crazy on the forums, how can we know that how you are now is how you will be when you are member? If you have powers when you're in your other mood that would be disastrous. I feel like the only way to prove yourself is with time and personally I think it's too soon to be applying after all of that since that is a huge con imo
These users thanked the author Majin Vegeta #BB for the post:
Bob Vegana
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

i did think the turn you did at the time was weird, i recall you even making a public apology but shame it got deleted in the reroll we had. I think if you guys believe he's member material the past harassing aside he should be given a trial. If he should go back to previous behaviour even slightly, I'm sure he can agree now that it should result in his powers being abolished immediately.
These users thanked the author Shadi for the post:
kami (GER]
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

You list your pro's and con's pretty accurately. We have had a chat over steam where you answered most of my concerns regarding your application. As I told you then, my concerns are that you maintain your current behaviour, dedication and mindset. It is a lot of work and effort moderating the Fun servers, especially now with the lack of manpower. It has happened quite often, and quite recently that we promote members that lose their motivation and dedication after a month or two when accepted into the team. I hope this is not the case with you if you were to be accepted.

Your arrogance and persistence can and will be an issue when certain situations arise and you are moderating. Keep this in mind, sometimes it is better to play along than standing your ground. However, being persistent is a good trait to a certain level.

I do not really see your toxic history as a big obstacle, as long as your current situation and behaviour is sustainable - as Shadi pointed out. If you were to slightly fall back to old habits, simply demoting you will solve that issue.

Lastly, though you are not applying for the jail team, I see your activity is somewhat 50 / 50 for jb and fun servers. You enjoy playing jb and you will also need to moderate when you play there, which is why I personally think it is crucial that you are up to date on that front. Ask questions where you feel you lack knowledge and seek information to develop your rule knowledge and an overall understanding of jb. Again, you are applying for the fun team, but I believe this should be in the equation as you are rather active there.

You are currently doing a good job maintaining the fun servers, reporting cheaters and moderating abuse. Keep it up

I believe a trail would be appropriate, Yes, good luck with your application.
These users thanked the author zapt0r for the post:
Bob Vegana
Regards,
zapt0r
Bob Vegana

Post by Bob Vegana »

zapt0r wrote:You list your pro's and con's pretty accurately. We have had a chat over steam where you answered most of my concerns regarding your application. As I told you then, my concerns are that you maintain your current behaviour, dedication and mindset. It is a lot of work and effort moderating the Fun servers, especially now with the lack of manpower. It has happened quite often, and quite recently that we promote members that lose their motivation and dedication after a month or two when accepted into the team. I hope this is not the case with you if you were to be accepted.

Your arrogance and persistence can and will be an issue when certain situations arise and you are moderating. Keep this in mind, sometimes it is better to play along than standing your ground. However, being persistent is a good trait to a certain level.

I do not really see your toxic history as a big obstacle, as long as your current situation and behaviour is sustainable - as Shadi pointed out. If you were to slightly fall back to old habits, simply demoting you will solve that issue.

Lastly, though you are not applying for the jail team, I see your activity is somewhat 50 / 50 for jb and fun servers. You enjoy playing jb and you will also need to moderate when you play there, which is why I personally think it is crucial that you are up to date on that front. Ask questions where you feel you lack knowledge and seek information to develop your rule knowledge and an overall understanding of jb. Again, you are applying for the fun team, but I believe this should be in the equation as you are rather active there.

You are currently doing a good job maintaining the fun servers, reporting cheaters and moderating abuse. Keep it up

I believe a trail would be appropriate, Yes, good luck with your application.
As much as I appreciate a YES in my application as well as other honest opinions, a YES still does come as a surprise to me since there's all the reason in the world for people to doubt my intentions. But if admins would consider the same thing - taking me for a trial with a very close look, punishing me for the slightest clue of me going to my previous harrasive habits without having this application extended, this would be an opportunity I would gladly take most graciously. ND has always mattered to me even during my harrasive period, and a first ever membership experience would really be an intruiging, exciting opportunity, and would really even further increase my motivation. However, I got nothing against an extend, recommended by most replies here, for the sake of fully understandable doubts.
I understand that this also means that I need to take care of the Jailbreak server which I still enjoy playing in all kinds of situations, in a similar fashion to those of a ND*Jail member. I will claim that I've been working on that too since creating this application.
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

I do not see what purpose an extension would yield in this application. You do meet the fun member requirements, looking away from your history. I see this as a binary vote, yes or no. It all boils down to whether or not your intentions are genuine. The only way this can be proven is you being granted a trail or showing consistent and remarkable behavior over time, hence why an extend would not be adequate in this situation. I would therefor vote no if I had to choose between no/extend. However, I am willing to see you truly have "changed", which you have already shown to me, both in-game/forum and in private.
Regards,
zapt0r
Thierry Henry

Post by Thierry Henry »

Majin Vegeta #BB wrote:It really hasn't been that long since you were harassing like crazy on the forums, how can we know that how you are now is how you will be when you are member? If you have powers when you're in your other mood that would be disastrous. I feel like the only way to prove yourself is with time and personally I think it's too soon to be applying after all of that since that is a huge con imo
Shadi wrote:i did think the turn you did at the time was weird, i recall you even making a public apology but shame it got deleted in the reroll we had. I think if you guys believe he's member material the past harassing aside he should be given a trial. If he should go back to previous behaviour even slightly, I'm sure he can agree now that it should result in his powers being abolished immediately.
These are exactly my thought.
I remember not too long ago we had an argument on the forums, but also I wasn't the only one you got into arguments with.
You did seem to turn rather serious the last few months though.
I'm not sure to believe you or not.
I'll list what I'm thinking atm:

Pro's
* Dedication
* Active
* Part of the community (both in-game and on the forums)
* Known
* Knowledge

Neutral's
* Maturity

Con's
* Not sure if you're applying for the correct member team
* Not sure how your behavior will stay or change once you receive membership

So as mentioned, your behavior took a big turn.
Sorry but it's making me doubt if it's actually you being nice or changing for moments like these.
Either way I'm giving you a yes, as a membership can easily be taken away if abuse of the powers will happen.
I hope your turnaround was a mind switch and not a momentary thing, good luck.
These users thanked the author Thierry Henry for the post:
uXX
"Donkey by L.F. Donkey" -mR#KaitoKid
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

Accepted

Welcome to the team. Contact me on Steam for further details.
These users thanked the author zapt0r for the post:
Bob Vegana
Regards,
zapt0r
Po!Nt

Post by Po!Nt »

gz
Spoiler!
[email protected] *

Post by [email protected] * »

Congratulations!! feel free to ask zero!

Return to “Accepted Applications”