View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

#1 Post New Suggestion "/traitor" and maybe "/detective" command
So @other members/admins as you guys already know that i have mentioned this earlier in private but after thinking about this i believe we should make a thread regarding this to know the opinions of regulars as well before officially discussing this in the member meet this month !! Anyways let me jump to it.

How does it work?
I know that sometimes a couple players get the same innocent role for like 10-15 consecutive rounds. Being a innocent is fun but almost all the time? Boring right? So the main purpose of this chat command is to set the player the first preference in getting the desired role. Long story short it is similar to "/terr" in DR server. Also to avoid some obvious ambiguity like everyone spamming /traitor every round this chat command should only be executed if the player was innocent for atleast 5 consecutive rounds. Let me know what you guys think about this. :D

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:57 am
#2 Post Re: New Suggestion "/traitor" and maybe "/detective" command
Only a note: It would be better if the chat didn't show it.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:18 am

#3 Post Re: New Suggestion "/traitor" and maybe "/detective" command
Dee Dee wrote:
Only a note: It would be better if the chat didn't show it.

yeah obviously xDDD

Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:11 am

#4 Post Re: New Suggestion "/traitor" and maybe "/detective" command
why don't we add it as item to buy?

تم الإرسال من SM-T210 باستخدام Tapatalk

Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:19 am
Profile WWW

#5 Post Re: New Suggestion "/traitor" and maybe "/detective" command
Tixler wrote:
why don't we add it as item to buy?

تم الإرسال من SM-T210 باستخدام Tapatalk

it wont be fair imo. some ppl get traitor like 2 or even 3 consecutive rounds while some dont get it at all in the entire map. /terr in DR is not a thing to buy for the similar reason i guess.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:53 am

#6 Post Re: New Suggestion "/traitor" and maybe "/detective" command
:snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

Roles are already given out randomly as it is, so everyone has an EQUAL chance to be a traitor at least once per map, which is fair.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:54 am

#7 Post Re: New Suggestion "/traitor" and maybe "/detective" command
I agree with the post above. The whole point of TTT is so the roles are completely random, if you're an innocent for 10-15 rounds, you're just unlucky. You could be traitor for 10-15 rounds as well and be lucky. I believe it should just be down to statistics as usual, as the current formula has been working pretty well, and imo removing even a bit of the random aspect from the role choosing wouldn't be a good move.

She wanted to stop, but she was riding a wave of memory and it was carrying her backward to that night, that room, and the blood that had spattered her mother's star charts like the map of a new constellation.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:11 pm

#8 Post Re: New Suggestion "/traitor" and maybe "/detective" command
Hester Shaw wrote:
I agree with the post above. The whole point of TTT is so the roles are completely random, if you're an innocent for 10-15 rounds, you're just unlucky. You could be traitor for 10-15 rounds as well and be lucky. I believe it should just be down to statistics as usual, as the current formula has been working pretty well, and imo removing even a bit of the random aspect from the role choosing wouldn't be a good move.

So, in a way u just gave another point that this feature should be added. I am not kidding here is a example based on your analogy :-
Let us take 3 players in a server A, B and C. Now, Imagine a person A who gets innocent like 15 rounds and person B and person C who gets traitor almost every round or at least like alternate rounds. If the person A also wishes to be a traitor (probably bcoz he is bored of being innocent every round) he is naturally gonna get disappointed I know it is unlucky but in a way there could be a chance that the person A can get pissed and leave the server.
Now, for second case take the same situation but with a /traitor command. The person A can easily type it and get his desired role. Also, persons B and C won't mind if they are getting traitor like 6 times in 10 rounds or 5 times in 10 rounds. But the main focus is that person A who is going to be "happy" rather than "unlucky" and this is what is going to improve the current gameplay. If something can be done for overall improvement it should be done!! This is my point of view. Hope that you guys understood what I mean to say and eagerly waiting for your thoughts on this. Thanks for reading....

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:32 pm

#9 Post Re: New Suggestion "/traitor" and maybe "/detective" command
Spoiler: show
Hester Shaw wrote:

So, in a way u just gave another point that this feature should be added. I am not kidding here is a example based on your analogy :-
Let us take 3 players in a server A, B and C. Now, Imagine a person A who gets innocent like 15 rounds and person B and person C who gets traitor almost every round or at least like alternate rounds. If the person A also wishes to be a traitor (probably bcoz he is bored of being innocent every round) he is naturally gonna get disappointed I know it is unlucky but in a way there could be a chance that the person A can get pissed and leave the server.
Now, for second case take the same situation but with a /traitor command. The person A can easily type it and get his desired role. Also, persons B and C won't mind if they are getting traitor like 6 times in 10 rounds or 5 times in 10 rounds. But the main focus is that person A who is going to be "happy" rather than "unlucky" and this is what is going to improve the current gameplay. If something can be done for overall improvement it should be done!! This is my point of view. Hope that you guys understood what I mean to say and eagerly waiting for your thoughts on this. Thanks for reading....

I myself wouldn't ever want to see a player getting mad for not becoming a randomly generated role in the server anyways. TTT is full of consistant suspense and surprises no matter what the role is, if players don't like not becoming traitor/detective, they pretty much don't like the server and it's gameplay in the first place.

Also, if your suggestion would get approved, becoming /traitor or /detective would become very stale real quick. At least it's somewhat rewarding as for now.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:38 pm

#10 Post Re: New Suggestion "/traitor" and maybe "/detective" command
I understand that it could be boring if u are an innocent for a whole map and I myself have witnessed this multiple times and I know its really annoying. But I we don't need to change anything about this because u need to be lucky for this , so if u get mad because u are never a traitor then u should better leave the server and not play it because u probably dont like the gameplay as Thragord said. I think u just have to be patient before becoming a traitor and if somebody and be lucky so I don't agree with adding the /traitor and /detective commands.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:49 pm
neonDragon Admin

#11 Post Re: New Suggestion "/traitor" and maybe "/detective" command
It's a pretty redundant command tbh. Nobody really wants to be an innocent, but people have to be for the game to work.

Also, you can't really compare it to the /terr command on the DR server because many people actually don't like to play as the terrorist on DR (as you can see by people reconnecting or switching to CT once they're assigned T), whereas I seriously doubt anyone who plays on TTT dislikes playing as a traitor.

I would like to see more things that can either be done to make innocent less boring, make the game mode in general less static (I've been thinking of doing something like the zombie plague server where modes vary or randomising the amount of detectives/traitors assigned)

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]