Reporting Points system/Forum Achievements/Forum Rank

Talk about the community, our servers and forums or suggest new ideas to us.
Bravo

Reporting Points system/Forum Achievements/Forum Rank

Post by Bravo »

Reporting Po!Nts System

So I thought about this Idea of having a rewards system for reporting so I thought I would share it with you guys and tell you the pros and cons that I thought of.

First let me give you an example.
Lets say if you report a person you get 10 points and if the report get DECLINED you get no more Po!Nts but if the report gets ACCEPTED you get points depending on what strike and how many hours the person got. So lets say

STRIKE 3 = 75 Po!Nts
STRIKE 2 = 50 Po!Nts
STRIKE 1 = 25 Po!Nts
STRIKE 0 with couple of hours ban = 10 Po!Nts

But I will leave how many points and all of the decisions to the admins I will just share the idea and examples.

And depending how many Po!Nts you get, you get a reward that you choose from a list. Something like this.
Spoiler!
1. 500 = 10k nD$
2. 1000 = 20k nD$
3. 2000 = 50k nD$
4. 5000 = 150k nD$
5. 6000 = 1 month VIP
Now I thought about the Pros and Cons and came up with this.

Pros :
Spoiler!
1. Making money/free VIP
2. People might care more about reporting a cheater or a rule breaker.
3. Encouraging people to make forums accounts to report.
4. People should be reporting for the community's sake which means that they care about the community and they want to make it better, so they deserve a reward for what they do
Cons :
Spoiler!
1. People provoking each other to report for points.
2. People not calling members to instantly deal with situation.
I would love to hear you guys' opinions. Comment down below. Again its up to the admins to decide wether or not this will exist and all the rewards and how many points and all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Achievements

forum achievements could be something interesting that could make people visit forums more and want to be engaged on forums. Look I am all about the community here, I don't wanna do stuff for just me, I think about everyone.

So the Forum Achievements are things that you do on forums for a prize at the end. The achievements I was thinking about are the following :

Golden Reporter - Reach 50 accepted reports in the reporting section.
Mr. Poster - Post on forums 100 time.
The Most Liked - Get 25 Thanks on your posts.
Play a WereWolf Game - Play a WereWolf Game and finish it.
Say the Secret Phrase in Chatbox - Say the secret phrase in chatbox.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Ranks

To Be continued...
Last edited by Bravo on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
KaitoKid
VIP

Re: Reporting Points system

Post by KaitoKid »

That's dumb, just gives a bigger incentive for people like yourself to take screenshots out of context resulting in everyone being too scared to even banter with each other in chat which leads an even shittier server atmosphere. Also would lead to a lot of bullshit reports which the admins/permban toolers will have to deal with, just more hassle for everyone involved.
These users thanked the author KaitoKid for the post (total 2):
Toti, Lien~
STEAM_0:0:51774830
Chuzkuz

Post by Chuzkuz »

KaitoKid wrote:That's dumb, just gives a bigger incentive for people like yourself to take screenshots out of context resulting in everyone being too scared to even banter with each other in chat which leads an even shittier server atmosphere. Also would lead to a lot of bullshit reports which the admins/permban toolers will have to deal with, just more hassle for everyone involved.
Agreed, even atm there's the problem with the try hard moderation which is caused because of application's. In other word's it just makes a bad atmosphere in general to pinch players against eachother. anyways imo increasing the number of reports wont make the community better just emptier

Bravo

Post by Bravo »

Look this isnt something in game. This shouldnt effect anything ingame and this is mostly for accepted reports if anyone makes a bad report that means they dont get anything, its mostly for quality reports. Everything should go the same way as it is. if people provoke then thats a job for the members, we have members and admins in the communitt for a reason. I think people have good common sense to know what is reportablr and what is not by now. At least for the people who want to be members, thats just how I feel and see things. Kaito ur reply is literally a hate reply. Just dont reply if u dont have anything good to say. Why would it make it hard to banter? There is specific time for evidence to be accepted in a report which is 2 weeks. I dont think u need to banter a lot in 2 weeks or do ya?
Last edited by Bravo on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler!
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

This is a fun feature I've seen on other forums. Of course, ndcash or VIP shouldn't be rewarded since this is done by initiative and duty, would just be a witch hunt. But as a forum addon it's a quite interesting feature to have. There are some others too that we should probably have in the future.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Jenny ◕ ◡ ◕ wrote:Look this isnt something in game. This shouldnt effect anything ingame and this is mostly for accepted reports if anyone makes a bad report that means they dont get anything, its mostly for quality reports. Everything should go the same way as it is. if people provoke then thats a job for the members, we have members and admins in the communitt for a reason. I think people have good common sense to know what is reportablr and what is not by now. At least for the people who want to be members, thats just how I feel and see things. Kaito ur reply is literally a hate reply. Just dont reply if u dont have anything good to say. Why would it make it hard to banter? There is specific time for evidence to be accepted in a report which is 2 weeks. I dont u need to banter a lot in 2 weeks or do ya?
I don't think you get the point. ANYONE with common sense will start to report more, just so they can get free cash/vip out of it. I'm 150% sure this system will never be put in place, and if it does then I am 500% sure that people will either complain about it, as they'll end up being scoped until they're banned, or they'll end up leaving the servers/community.

Kaito's reply is exactly how I think about it, and I'm sure pretty much everyone else thinks so too. Just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it's a hateful reply.

Becoming a member is earned over time, after they have proven themselves worthy of a spot in the team. Rewarding people for making reports is a useless and completely idiotic way to go forward and I simply have no other words for it.
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

Jenny ◕ ◡ ◕ wrote:Look this isnt something in game. This shouldnt effect anything ingame and this is mostly for accepted reports if anyone makes a bad report that means they dont get anything, its mostly for quality reports. Everything should go the same way as it is. if people provoke then thats a job for the members, we have members and admins in the communitt for a reason. I think people have good common sense to know what is reportablr and what is not by now. At least for the people who want to be members, thats just how I feel and see things. Kaito ur reply is literally a hate reply. Just dont reply if u dont have anything good to say. Why would it make it hard to banter? There is specific time for evidence to be accepted in a report which is 2 weeks. I dont u need to banter a lot in 2 weeks or do ya?
I'm with Kaito on this one, although it shouldn't affect anything in-game - it will. Sometimes it is better to let it go than report and punish. Encouraging players to report is fine, but when you give them a reward, people will most likely report just for the reward- resulting in, as Kaito stated, situations out of context. It is justice, a reward in itself that you get a player punished when you report him, that should be enough.
Regards,
zapt0r
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

KaitoKid wrote:That's dumb,...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumb wrote:Stupidity, a lack of intelligence
I know it's an honest reply but pretty much bringing down harshly someone for trying to discuss a topic. And along with this:
Lien~ wrote: Kaito's reply is exactly how I think about it, and I'm sure pretty much everyone else thinks so too. Just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it's a hateful reply.

Becoming a member is earned over time, after they have proven themselves worthy of a spot in the team. Rewarding people for making reports is a useless and completely idiotic way to go forward and I simply have no other words for it.
This is kind of turning into a bullying case. Pretty much just called Jenny ◕ ◡ ◕ indirectly: dumb, useless and completely idiotic. Doesn't seem weird to me he felt it as a hateful reply.

Simply look at zapt0r's post for example; much more neutral and fair.
These users thanked the author uhu for the post (total 2):
Bravo, MicroChip
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

uhu wrote:
KaitoKid wrote:That's dumb,...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumb wrote:Stupidity, a lack of intelligence
I know it's an honest reply but pretty much bringing down harshly someone for trying to discuss a topic. And along with this:
Lien~ wrote: Kaito's reply is exactly how I think about it, and I'm sure pretty much everyone else thinks so too. Just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it's a hateful reply.

This is kind of turning into a bullying case. Pretty much just called Jenny ◕ ◡ ◕ indirectly: dumb, useless and completely idiotic. Doesn't seem weird to me he felt it as a hateful reply.

Simply look at zapt0r's post for example; much more neutral and fair.
Never have I ever, nor will I ever call someone any of the above mentioned things named by you - nor do I think that was what Kaito meant. I'm saying that the idea is, imo, idiotic. We're trying to keep this community alive, and by adding a reward system it'll result in massive scoping.

Anyhow, next time, don't fill things in for me/try to make me look bad love. You know me well enough to know that I do not fit the 'description' as mentioned in your reply ;)
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

Can we keep it on track? Seems like the topics/suggestions nowadays always result in an argument not relating or answering the initial post/idea.
Regards,
zapt0r
Bravo

Post by Bravo »

When talking to uhu about it. He gave me the idea of making Forum achievements and Forum Ranks

Do you not like that too? If you dont like that then I dont know what you like in your life. Just trying to make forums more fun to be in (not talking about the reports thing)

Lets not make a new topic and lemme just edit my first post for the forum achievement idea, even though it will be a humungous post but meh.
Last edited by Bravo on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler!
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

zapt0r wrote:Can we keep it on track? Seems like the topics/suggestions nowadays always result in an argument not relating or answering the initial post/idea.
Not arguing love, having healthy discussions should be allowed. We can't all jump on one wagon and either agree or disagree with a topic. We're not bashing anyone here, we're stating opinions.

Jenny, if I have in any way offended you then I hereby apologize. It was not my intention to make you feel bad, or make you think that my reply was hateful or anything like that. I have nothing against you, never have never will. I just don't agree with this kind of system. I've been a member and an admin for a very very long time, and I know the pressure that comes with handling reports, looking things up etc etc. The last thing we need is a massive increase in reports just because people are aiming towards getting more points, which will earn them cash/VIP over time.

The idea uhu came up with, the forum rank thing? I suppose that's something we can have a look at, although it might look a bit messy. I vaguely remember East Clubber having added something like that years ago, but it got taken away (can't remember the exact reason though). Perhaps someone can clear this up? It's like a ranked system under your forum name. Hm, it was linked to something in jb iirc.

Thanks for your idea, but I wouldn't like to see this added to our community.
Bravo

Post by Bravo »

@Lien~
Not to be disrespectful or anything, I appreciate your way of talking but do u see the difference between this? :
Spoiler!
Lien~ wrote:
I don't think you get the point. ANYONE with common sense will start to report more, just so they can get free cash/vip out of it. I'm 150% sure this system will never be put in place, and if it does then I am 500% sure that people will either complain about it, as they'll end up being scoped until they're banned, or they'll end up leaving the servers/community.

Kaito's reply is exactly how I think about it, and I'm sure pretty much everyone else thinks so too. Just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it's a hateful reply.

and this? :
Spoiler!
Lien~ wrote:
zapt0r wrote:Can we keep it on track? Seems like the topics/suggestions nowadays always result in an argument not relating or answering the initial post/idea.
Not arguing love, having healthy discussions should be allowed. We can't all jump on one wagon and either agree or disagree with a topic. We're not bashing anyone here, we're stating opinions.

Jenny, if I have in any way offended you then I hereby apologize. It was not my intention to make you feel bad, or make you think that my reply was hateful or anything like that. I have nothing against you, never have never will. I just don't agree with this kind of system. I've been a member and an admin for a very very long time, and I know the pressure that comes with handling reports, looking things up etc etc. The last thing we need is a massive increase in reports just because people are aiming towards getting more points, which will earn them cash/VIP over time.

The idea uhu came up with, the forum rank thing? I suppose that's something we can have a look at, although it might look a bit messy. I vaguely remember East Clubber having added something like that years ago, but it got taken away (can't remember the exact reason though). Perhaps someone can clear this up? It's like a ranked system under your forum name. Hm, it was linked to something in jb iirc.

Look all that I do and try to do is for the community's sake I love this community and I am trying to improve it by anyway I could. I wish I knew how to code so I could help. Sorry if u see this disrepectful but I really appreciate the 2nd way more. Ty for replies
Spoiler!
Chuzkuz

Post by Chuzkuz »

Jenny ◕ ◡ ◕ wrote:@Lien~
Not to be disrespectful or anything, I appreciate your way of talking but do u see the difference between this? :
Spoiler!
Lien~ wrote:

and this? :
Spoiler!
Lien~ wrote:

Look all that I do and try to do is for the community's sake I love this community and I am trying to improve it by anyway I could. I wish I knew how to code so I could help. Sorry if u see this disrepectful but I really appreciate the 2nd way more. Ty for replies
Not to just spam but Can you guys Defend the idea you have and give us a reason to change our mind's instead of defending your personal feeling's. Because imo people who check this are trying to figure it out why is it a bad and why is it a good idea and not personal arguments. waiting for some real arguments on which this would be a good idea...

Decency
VIP

Re: Reporting Points system/Forum Achievements/Forum Rank

Post by Decency »

Kaito already mentioned the main arguments and I agree with those. He might have been harsh because he genuinely thinks this idea is stupid and not because he wants to be mean. It really doesn't bring up any consequences as he did. When you bring up an idea you can't just give us A, you have to give us B and C as well. Don't get me wrong though, I can see where you are coming from with this idea and it is indeed a good idea in its core but there is so much more to it than just "rewarding players for reporting" which in the end makes it a lackluster suggestion.

Return to “neonDragon Discussion”