[Declined] Jokur's member application!

All declined Applications are stored here.
User avatar
jokur.
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:08 am
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by jokur. »

Flath wrote:you want weakness ? I'll give you some.


You are overmoderating, trying to correct everyone and that is slowly making me fade that good vibe i had about you and replace it with a picture of a toxic-unexperienced-wannabe member.

We get it that it is a good way for you guys to stand out of the crowd but don't overdo it. The moderation part is supposed to improve the gameplay not prevent it from happening. Even if you become a member, you will slowly lose your breath trying to stick up that ruleset up everyone's ass.

Be cool, be a nice guy, know the lines people shouldn't cross and in the future when you are more familiar with moderating, try to become more and more strict if you want to.

I have some concerns about the trollish behaviour you had not so long ago aswell.

That's my 2 cents about you and i'm really surprised you had such positive feedback from people when we talk about giving you powers on the server^^ As far as i'm concerned, you have become a Mr. Know It All the moment you applied.

Edit: In case it isn't clear it's a big no from me, this guy has nothing to do in the member team and i really would like the admin team to start raising the members standarts instead of sinking it down further. I feel anyone who has a nice activity, who can form a proper english sentence and who isn't a complete retard gets accepted nowadays and it's really a shame and a lack of respect for people who got declined for shitty reasons in the past.
Well, first of all since I applied you have been online at the same time as I only once, so is that enough for you to make that judgement on me? I don't think so!

That's your opinion and you are free, and the only one to hold it!

No one has made the same comment that you made. I had the same attitude and recieved nothing but positive feed back about it.

EDIT : Instead of performing an atack on my post, you should probably bring in some facts to back it up. "The trollish behavior" ?
It seems to me that you have something personal against me, no one has ever made a comment like that on me or my behaviour, and you also seem to judge your reply by only one sole encounter that we had today.

And speaking about standards, I was expecting something better than a personal atack from an old member like you!
STEAM_0:1:56628198
Bob Vegana
Posts: 911
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:28 am
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by Bob Vegana »

jokur. wrote:
Flath wrote:you want weakness ? I'll give you some.


You are overmoderating
Instantly hypocritical.
2 cents to lead to a big NO? Must have had a rough day.
These users thanked the author Bob Vegana for the post:
jokur.
Flath
Posts: 1525
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:47 pm
Location: France
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by Flath »

hey hey hey folks ! Keep it on topic, i get it that i'm always breaking the party but i'm sorry to tell you that what i'm saying is true regarding both your applications/personalities !

If i don't want you in the team and if someone else doesn't want you in the team there is always a good reason for it. The moment you get accepted, it's really hard to kick you out of there so i'm just saving myself some trouble and making sure the right people get in !

That being said, i'm just one person and at the end of the day, admins know me well enough to know what to take from what i say so don't worry ! You getting extended for instance is standard procedure for a new applicant applying that close to the admin meeting.


If you didn't act so cocky i wouldn't be so harsh but that's about it. Regarding the "personal attack", do you take me for such a petty person ? Am i not allowed to express my displeasure about what is said here and there ? Am i not qualified to judge you as a potential member after all that time ?

Now quit the drama and @hunie. Pip down mate, our beloved forum moderator doesn't love spamming and for someone who claims
I'd prefer moderating only when one's actions start to trouble others or when complains are flowing.
I like seeing players having a good time in the server. I'd LOVE to achieve that with given membership.
You aren't in any position to talk about hypocrisy.

I answered cause i want to make sure you know what i said had nothing personal. It is a well-thought opinion and i took of my time to write it. Instead of taking it as an attack against you, you should just take a step back and remember that i could've just liked someone's post like i usually do. A clap in the face is sometimes the right way to go and i went for it. I don't sugar-coat my words
These users thanked the author Flath for the post (total 2):
doeda, Majin Vegeta #BB
Image


walidjr
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:51 pm
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by walidjr »

I didn't get to know you since a long time, but since I've known you, seen you in-game I was honestly impressed by your skill and your educated mind.
I like the fact that you're decisive and never break the rules, so I personally say he deserves a trial, best of luck brother <3
These users thanked the author walidjr for the post:
jokur.
Nallez
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:05 pm
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by Nallez »

It's so satisfying, seeing you only thank the friends of yours who come in here voting, and when someone who doesn't have a friendship dildo from you in their bum you don't thank em.

You seem like an okay fella, however I trust Flath's judgment and the 2 other members who thanked him.
User avatar
Queen's Revenge
Weirdly kind ball of pizza donut
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by Queen's Revenge »

I played with you many times. Apart from that event doeda mentioned, I haven't seen you doing anything that made me think you couldn't be a member. You're very active which for me is a big big pro, you know the rules and you have a general good behaviour. Got no idea about the trollish behaviour Flath mentioned nor I think I've seen it. About the over-moderation part, I think you only do it because you lack some experience in that area (which is ok) and I'm sure it will go away once you become more experienced and start understading how moderation should work. Gonna put my faith in you and say you deserve a trial. Goodluck!
These users thanked the author Queen's Revenge for the post:
jokur.
User avatar
jokur.
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:08 am
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by jokur. »

Nallez wrote:It's so satisfying, seeing you only thank the friends of yours who come in here voting, and when someone who doesn't have a friendship dildo from you in their bum you don't thank em.

You seem like an okay fella, however I trust Flath's judgment and the 2 other members who thanked him.
Thank you nallez for your comment, but I'd like to add some extra information.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and is responsible towards it. The fact that I only thank my friend's replies is taken way out of context. Thanking someone is expressing gratitude, why would I express gratitude to a comment made on me based on very thin facts with a touch of personal biais?
These users thanked the author jokur. for the post:
Shotex
STEAM_0:1:56628198
Death

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by Death »

I am totally with you jokur.
he dosn't need to thank to no one, he is doing it From appreciation to those people..
why would he thanks to the haters? :shock:
User avatar
Lawliet
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:07 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by Lawliet »

jokur. wrote:
Nallez wrote:It's so satisfying, seeing you only thank the friends of yours who come in here voting, and when someone who doesn't have a friendship dildo from you in their bum you don't thank em.

You seem like an okay fella, however I trust Flath's judgment and the 2 other members who thanked him.
Thank you nallez for your comment, but I'd like to add some extra information.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and is responsible towards it. The fact that I only thank my friend's replies is taken way out of context. Thanking someone is expressing gratitude, why would I express gratitude to a comment made on me based on very thin facts with a touch of personal biais?

saying that people voting no are biased and taking it personal just shows that you're not willing to accept criticism.. looking at these people (whether it's the OPs or the people who thanked them), they're all current jail members.. I doubt that you'll be able to work well with the team since you don't seem to appreciate their opinions from the start. sorry dude, no from me.
User avatar
Rawrzx
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:52 pm
Location: Belgium
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by Rawrzx »

Lawliet wrote:
jokur. wrote:
Nallez wrote:It's so satisfying, seeing you only thank the friends of yours who come in here voting, and when someone who doesn't have a friendship dildo from you in their bum you don't thank em.

You seem like an okay fella, however I trust Flath's judgment and the 2 other members who thanked him.
Thank you nallez for your comment, but I'd like to add some extra information.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and is responsible towards it. The fact that I only thank my friend's replies is taken way out of context. Thanking someone is expressing gratitude, why would I express gratitude to a comment made on me based on very thin facts with a touch of personal biais?

saying that people voting no are biased and taking it personal just shows that you're not willing to accept criticism.. looking at these people (whether it's the OPs or the people who thanked them), they're all current jail members.. I doubt that you'll be able to work well with the team since you don't seem to appreciate their opinions from the start. sorry dude, no from me.

I see no reason why he should appreciate bs, with all respect to flath and the people who thanked his post, but the way i see it everything has been said is straight up bullshit.
I know for a fact that jokur do accept criticism and he is way more mature to act childesh towards it (if the said criticism actually made sense)


From what i saw, jokur is the perfect candidate, i was shocked when i saw all those cons in this topic, because i see nothing from that in server.
Jokur is mature, responsible, very friendly i have never seen him get into troubles with someone else, he does moderate, know rules very well, and an excellent commander.
I genuinely see no cons in this guy, imo he is the perfect fit for a "member".
I might sound baised in here but i'm really genuine and speaking from what I've seen from him in servers.
It's a YES from me.
Good luck jokur.
These users thanked the author Rawrzx for the post:
jokur.
User avatar
jokur.
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:08 am
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by jokur. »

saying that people voting no are biased and taking it personal just shows that you're not willing to accept criticism.. looking at these people (whether it's the OPs or the people who thanked them), they're all current jail members.. I doubt that you'll be able to work well with the team since you don't seem to appreciate their opinions from the start. sorry dude, no from me.
Lawliet, I would totally agree to your if the said "critisism" was constructive and based on true facts.
If you take a look at all the other cons I acknowledged all of them, but when it gets to some random "says" without any facts to back them up of course I will react.

I also would like to add that it's not that I didn't accept the critisism in fact if you take a look at all my answers :
That's your opinion and you are free, and the only one to hold it!
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and is responsible towards it.
You would see that I do accept critisism and hold everyone responsible only towards what they say.
STEAM_0:1:56628198
Nallez
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:05 pm
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by Nallez »

jokur. wrote:
Nallez wrote:It's so satisfying, seeing you only thank the friends of yours who come in here voting, and when someone who doesn't have a friendship dildo from you in their bum you don't thank em.

You seem like an okay fella, however I trust Flath's judgment and the 2 other members who thanked him.
Thank you nallez for your comment, but I'd like to add some extra information.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and is responsible towards it. The fact that I only thank my friend's replies is taken way out of context. Thanking someone is expressing gratitude, why would I express gratitude to a comment made on me based on very thin facts with a touch of personal biais?
Do you have proof that the persons vote for no is biased? You seem to share no proof yet you say their vote is on very thin facts & biased. Just tells that you're not even accepting the criticism, you only accepted the cons from the people who still voted yes.
These users thanked the author Nallez for the post:
Lawliet
dax1
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:10 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by dax1 »

hi,

Jokur you're a very neutral guy which is good.
You don't give special treatment. You look at facts instead of opinions.
You command often. Personally i think you'll fit right in with the rest of the Moderators.

Good luck getting Moderator!
These users thanked the author dax1 for the post:
jokur.
Flath
Posts: 1525
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:47 pm
Location: France
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by Flath »

Since the admin meeting is getting close, here i am:

Your moderation has improved in the past days, you have learned to identify when you should step up depending on the situation. That point was the main concern in the past post i made, you didn't know how to moderate and your moderation wasn't fluid at all. It was a blank moderation where all you really did was show-off your rule knowledge, we could feel how unconcerned you really were about the server's state. You used to blatantly ignore how irrelevant your opinion was in some situations, how ridicule you sounded and i feel you improved in that aspect.

Overall, you are more in keeping with the reality.
You now have a more precise idea of how things should really be handled, you use your comon sence to explain things to people in the wrong and i really encourage you to keep going in that direction, you need to be able to identify the key aspect of a given situation and to deal with it without complicating it. It is something that should get better in time.
Maturity wise, i still have some doubts here and there but overall, i think you are mature enough to take a step-back on things.

I would personally like potential members to command more often, you are commanding but not enough for my taste. I fear your overall presence ingame isn't a gamechanger, you need to step-up gameplay wise now, meaning that the ct team should be considered acceptable if you are a part of it. Your attitude ingame has become more modest, it is a double edge sword since you lost that arrogant vibe you had but you also lost that presence you had ingame.

I feel you had more than enough time and opportunities to improve your forum activity especially considering how reccurent of a Con it is on your application and how many times you thanked people implying you respect, agree and take into account their opinion/criticism.

Report wise, you do know how to moderate but i feel there are a lot of situation you witnessed on a regular basis that could have been reported.

To conclude, my vote is a blank. You have earned more experience moderation wise but you do not stand-out of the crowd enough for my taste and you didn't improve forum and report wise hence why i feel you aren't member material for now.
These users thanked the author Flath for the post (total 2):
zapt0r, jokur.
Image


User avatar
jokur.
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:08 am
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Jokur's member application!

Post by jokur. »

Hi again, thank you Flath for your reply! I find it very structured in my opinion and with a lot of facts that I can relate to now at the moment compared to earlier this month.

I will try to discuss some of the things that caught my attention :

Your moderation wasn't fluid at all. It was a blank moderation where all you really did was show-off your rule knowledge, we could feel how unconcerned you really were about the server's state.
Taking a step back, I can somehow relate to this and tell you that you are right. Sometimes my moderation was,"not needed" or "useless" in a way that I used to moderate for sole purpose of moderating. I've worked on this and as you stated I don't over do it anymore and try to moderate only when it's needed and when I see fit.

However speaking about me being unconcerned about the server state is something I can't relate to. preserving the wellbeing of the server state is the main reason why I am applying for membership. Witnessing rules being broken and feeling helpless and powerless is the most frustrating feeling and can ruin your entire gameplay experience and for all the players in the server.

Report wise, you do know how to moderate but i feel there are a lot of situation you witnessed on a regular basis that could have been reported.
The way I see reporting is a last resort to when ingame moderation fails. Usually I only report when members are not present or witnessing rule violation. In other terms if the person violating the rules refuses to abide after being told that their behaviour is not acceptable regarding the rules, that is the time I see reporting viable. (and of course in very obvious cheating cases WH/aimbot/speed etc..)
STEAM_0:1:56628198
Locked

Return to “Declined Applications”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests