Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.

Post any topics or discussions not related to nD here.
Bob Vegana

Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.

Post by Bob Vegana »

Tell this to all the kids online joking about with the N word, including CS, neondragon servers too.

Even if this is not completely true, the N word's meaning does range around abusive and hostile terms either way, therefore should be taken serious.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.

Post by Konijn »

Bob Vegana

Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.

Post by Bob Vegana »

Spoiler!
Konijn wrote:Image
What?

Sidenote - I created this topic after spotting jokur's report for the N word case. thought it was tryharding but after little research I took that thought out.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

CHAOS wrote:
Spoiler!
What?

Sidenote - I created this topic after spotting jokur's report for the N word case. thought it was tryharding but after little research I took that thought out.
Context is everything. There is a clear difference between using the term in an endearing manner: e.g. "Ma niggaaa", "Wassup nigga", etc, and a derogatory way, which I'm sure you can figure out for yourself.
Shotex

Post by Shotex »

nigga-Noun-informal, offensive
respelling of nigger (typically representing urban African-American speech)

Usage

The distinct pronunciation and spelling of nigga are sometimes deliberately adopted to distinguish it from nigger, especially when used by black people in a neutral sense. However, the word remains strongly racially offensive, especially when used by a nonblack person.
Bravo

Post by Bravo »

Shota #PotatoV3 wrote:nigga-Noun-informal, offensive
respelling of nigger (typically representing urban African-American speech)

Usage

The distinct pronunciation and spelling of nigga are sometimes deliberately adopted to distinguish it from nigger, especially when used by black people in a neutral sense. However, the word remains strongly racially offensive, especially when used by a nonblack person.
That part I highlighted is the most stupid part, why would you not be able to say a word if you have the freedom of speech
Spoiler!
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Konijn wrote:
CHAOS wrote:
Spoiler!
What?

Context is everything. There is a clear difference between using the term in an endearing manner: e.g. "Ma niggaaa", "Wassup nigga", etc, and a derogatory way, which I'm sure you can figure out for yourself.
While I agree, there is no reason to use any of it. It's glossing over facts and history, the word is blood soaked and finding ways to circumvent that just to use the word severely downplays that.

Now, whether you consider that positive or negative is up to the individual. Do you want the word to hold power? Do you want it to eventually almost mean nothing?
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

yes me and majin vegeta are black.

There is freedome of speech, but i cannot guarantee freedom after speech
Bob Vegana

Post by Bob Vegana »

Wayne wrote:yes me and majin vegeta are black.
In real life, we'll notice it and respect it.

Online, who cares. Noone knows, what skin colour the N word shouter is on. And not everyone goes stalking your face reveals online.
gal

Post by gal »

There's no point of this, it's an extremely racially offensive word. Just because some black people use it normally and don't find it offensive together doesn't mean it isn't. In what way should it be okay to call someone a slave, Urban Dictionary is bullshit written by teenagers, why are you getting your proof and point support from there?
The word has history and none of it is clean, get over it. You don't have to use it or call someone that, and it should be moderated.
rofl.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

CHAOS wrote:
Wayne wrote:yes me and majin vegeta are black.
In real life, we'll notice it and respect it.

Online, who cares. Noone knows, what skin colour the N word shouter is on. And not everyone goes stalking your face reveals online.
Agree.

There is freedome of speech, but i cannot guarantee freedom after speech
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Shadi wrote:Do you want it to eventually almost mean nothing?
Yes? Isn't that a good thing? I thought the entire reason black people took an offensive word and turned it into a term of endearment was to belittle those who used it to oppress. By diluting the word and taking away the offensiveness it makes the impact of those trying to cause offensive with it less.
These users thanked the author Konijn for the post:
Muhaha
Majin Vegeta #BB
nD* Jail Member

Post by Majin Vegeta #BB »

Konijn wrote:
Yes? Isn't that a good thing? I thought the entire reason black people took an offensive word and turned it into a term of endearment was to belittle those who used it to oppress. By diluting the word and taking away the offensiveness it makes the impact of those trying to cause offensive with it less.
But I feel like it will always just depend on the context regardless of how much the word is diluted(Personally idgaf about the word).
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Both nigga and nigger can hurt people's feelings, regardless of their race and using them should be moderated, unless if said as a joke, in which case the player should be warned to use other words. Still, our moderation seems to sometimes overly punish people, such as when Decency banned a guy on 24h due to a single usage of the word.
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

Konijn wrote:
Yo this is my G right here
Do something today that your future self will thank you for.

Return to “The Lounge”