No more!

SosA

No more!

Post by SosA »

Many people has been asking for a unban/pardon and when players make a unban request topic, it gets accepted! Randomly I was thinking of an idea that we should add to the forums. If you get a Strike 3 you have to wait at least maxmauim of 1 year rather than adding a time limit on the top right corner when the Ban time period is gonna end! Furthermore it's helps the Admin Team/Community not get tired of Accepted/Denied/Solved etc wasting time. I rather add this to the forums.

Kind Regards
SosA'
MEEEEEEAAAAAAT!
Shotex

Re: No more!

Post by Shotex »

Yes, realy good idea to make but we have already taken that type of way.
For example:
When u get strike 3 + perm ban, u have to wait 1 year to make unban request,
ty for making new topic :)
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

I guess what you're suggesting is that the players will be unable to ask for an unban, until the time of their permban has expired?

Although that seems like a nice idea, it's not really. Sometimes some players gets unbanned wrongly, maybe a mistake happened or the proof wasn't enough at a second look.
For those times, it's good they can ask for an unban to get a second look at the report(s) made on them.

There is already a least amount of waiting time before you can get unbanned and we generally don't accept those unban requests until after the least amount of waiting time is over. Usually we decline them and they can make a new unban request when the least amount of waiting time is over.
Unown

Post by Unown »

I think he was suggesting a timer, which is actually a good idea in my opinion.

A timer in the upper screen if you're banned so you know how long your ban will last, but you can still do everything else, there'll just be a timer.
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

FEAR wrote:I think he was suggesting a timer, which is actually a good idea in my opinion.

A timer in the upper screen if you're banned so you know how long your ban will last, but you can still do everything else, there'll just be a timer.
Just have to search for your Steam/Valve ID either in the general forum: http://www.neondragon.net/search.php
Or in the strikelist: http://www.neondragon.net/strikelist.php?viewreports
And check the date of the "accepted" response, to see when you can ask for an unban.
In terms of CT bans on jailbreak, you can write /ctban in chat and you'll see how long you're banned.

The permban lenghts are usually like this:
6 months for first permban (normal)
12 months for second permban (normal)
15 months for third permban (normal)

1 years for first permban (cheating)
1.5 years for second permban (cheating)
2 years for third permbann (cheating)
Unown

Post by Unown »

Yes, but I mean a timer, like a countdown clock on which you can see the remaining time ;)
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

FEAR wrote:Yes, but I mean a timer, like a countdown clock on which you can see the remaining time ;)
The idea itself should be possible if you've linked your steam account to the forum.
But in terms of adding a plugin like this to the forum I don't know.
As far as I know, editing the forum with custom plugins isn't an easy matter.

And I think the need for a plugin like this is far too little for the effort it has to take to add it.
Especially since it doesn't take more than a few clicks and a bit of calculation to get your ban lenght.

I get the idea, but I doubt it'll be added.
KaKao
nD Mapper

Post by KaKao »

There's a lot things you could add that would make it easier for players to navigate through these forums, but this takes time and even if I would like to see a lot of new things on this forum I don't think it's worth the time or effort someone has to put aside for something like this.

If they should do anything regarding bans I'd say simplify the unban form and make it similar to what you type in when you submit a report, every now and again you'll see players just saying "unban me", not submitting all the information needed, creating multiple threads and so on. Making them have to fill out every form before submitting might make the admins job a little bit easier, if steam ID is connected to forums or if you simply do "1 user - 1 unban" and limit the user to 1 unban appeal at the time (could also have some fancy text at the top like: "Your unban appeal has been declined/accepted").

Just something like this for an example.
These users thanked the author KaKao for the post (total 2):
doeda, Voropoulo
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

KaKao wrote:There's a lot things you could add that would make it easier for players to navigate through these forums, but this takes time and even if I would like to see a lot of new things on this forum I don't think it's worth the time or effort someone has to put aside for something like this.

If they should do anything regarding bans I'd say simplify the unban form and make it similar to what you type in when you submit a report, every now and again you'll see players just saying "unban me", not submitting all the information needed, creating multiple threads and so on. Making them have to fill out every form before submitting might make the admins job a little bit easier, if steam ID is connected to forums or if you simply do "1 user - 1 unban" and limit the user to 1 unban appeal at the time (could also have some fancy text at the top like: "Your unban appeal has been declined/accepted").

Nice idea, this could make it easier for both the one requesting the unban and the ones handling the unban requests.
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

It's actually a really good idea yet so simple, surprised it hasn't been brought up earlier.
BBM

Post by BBM »

Ah! So you're suggessting a timer! good idea , it will lessen the effort for the admin/member team.
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

The timer is bullcrap. But I like kakaos idea to make a fill in Formular.
Image Image
SosA

Post by SosA »

Shota ツ wrote:Yes, realy good idea to make but we have already taken that type of way.
For example:
When u get strike 3 + perm ban, u have to wait 1 year to make unban request,
ty for making new topic :)
What are you trying to say here I do realize that cheating sums up to a 1 year ban however this has noting to do what I'm trying to add here?
Nai wrote:
KaKao wrote:There's a lot things you could add that would make it easier for players to navigate through these forums, but this takes time and even if I would like to see a lot of new things on this forum I don't think it's worth the time or effort someone has to put aside for something like this.

Nice idea, this could make it easier for both the one requesting the unban and the ones handling the unban requests.
That's actually brilliant idea that I didn't even think of! It helps the players more easier to make s unban request! ;)
Nai wrote:
FEAR wrote:I think he was suggesting a timer, which is actually a good idea in my opinion.

Just have to search for your Steam/Valve ID either in the general forum: http://www.neondragon.net/search.php
Or in the strikelist: http://www.neondragon.net/strikelist.php?viewreports
And check the date of the "accepted" response, to see when you can ask for an unban.
In terms of CT bans on jailbreak, you can write /ctban in chat and you'll see how long you're banned.

The permban lenghts are usually like this:
6 months for first permban (normal)
12 months for second permban (normal)
15 months for third permban (normal)

1 years for first permban (cheating)
1.5 years for second permban (cheating)
2 years for third permbann (cheating)
I know you what your trying to confirm here! In my opinion adding a timer has a down side here' The downside is you need to find the user forum account in order to add the Timer but however When a Unban request gets declined you can simple add the timer and the user can now how long it takes for him to get unbanned
MEEEEEEAAAAAAT!
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

@B3AR I usually add the date when someone gets declined for an unban request.
But else you can check your own report like I said before.

In general I think the need is too little compaired to the trouble you have to go through.

However, Kakao's form could be a way for you to know your unban date. Since you you would use you Steam ID when filling out the form and it would be able to say whether or not you're banned and for how long/when you're allowed to ask for an unban.

Return to “Trash”