Jailbreak suggestions

Image | IP: jb.neonDragon.net:27015 | Jailbreak Stats & Achievements | Steam Group: neonDragonJailbreak

Moderators: Xalus, J4ck

NewtoN.

Re: Jailbreak suggestions

Post by NewtoN. »

NewtoN. wrote: the server should have a system that kicks non steamers as the traffic goes up or they get kicked when a steam player tries to join. steam players should have an advantage over them.
bump. i don't want to wait 20 minutes for a spot.
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

Do you even realize that you are talking about discrimination? It won't happen, at least not right now the with the current circumstances.
NewtoN.

Post by NewtoN. »

Decency wrote:Do you even realize that you are talking about discrimination? It won't happen.
can you be rational please? they didn't pay for the game and shouldn't get the same privilege as i do and this is not the only argument i have against them.
it's about new rules, not discrimination.
if you ride the bus without a ticket you will get kicked out with a surcharge. is that discrimination for you?
Last edited by NewtoN. on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author NewtoN. for the post:
Aprig
Voropoulo

Post by Voropoulo »

NewtoN. wrote:
Decency wrote:Do you even realize that you are talking about discrimination? It won't happen.
can you be rational please? they didn't pay for the game and shouldn't get the same privilege as i do, and this is not the only argument i have against them.
if you ride the bus without a ticket you will get kicked out with a surcharge. is that discrimination for you?
Many nonsteamers's knowledge is much better than a lot of steamers. Some people just don't have money to buy the game or they are young enough tonhave a credit card or whatever they need to buy the game. Yes, even if it costs 10€ it's expensive for some people. Each man has equal rights to join the game. I couldn't disagree more with you.
These users thanked the author Voropoulo for the post:
KleN^Clowns

Goodbye my lover

A wise man once said...
NewtoN.

Post by NewtoN. »

Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Voro's poulo wrote:
Nai wrote:
PaPa wrote:how about adding harpoon war on lr and tgames
How would this work?
When the game starts, each one of them, have a harpoon and they have to shoot each other. If they miss their shot they have to run and take the harpoon. Or you could do it like unlimited harpoons like dodgeball.
Seems to be dodgeball with a harpoon instead. Doesn't seem that interesting other than it being a new appearence.
NewtoN. wrote:
can you be rational please? they didn't pay for the game and shouldn't get the same privilege as i do, and this is not the only argument i have against them.
I think Decency is right.
I don't think such a plugin is possible and even if it was, I wouldn't feel comfortable adding something like that to our servers.
You have to remember we're a community and it's about pleasing everyone as much as possible. Starting to discriminate certain type of players looks wrong to me.
There could be loads of reasons why some players chose to not buy the game and it wouldn't be fair to judge them all the same way.
Also, I see several of our non-steam players buying Steam and play it legally. If we started to kick them for being non-steam simply because the server is full, they might not buy CS 1.6 but possibly just find a new server/community to play on.
Waschera

Post by Waschera »

NewtoN. wrote:
NewtoN. wrote: the server should have a system that kicks non steamers as the traffic goes up or they get kicked when a steam player tries to join. steam players should have an advantage over them.
bump. i don't want to wait 20 minutes for a spot.
What would you think as a new player joining a new server and really like it there, but suddenly gets kicked just because some whiny Steamer couldn't wait a few minutes for a spot. I would personally not come back to that server as its clear its a hostile server who discriminates others who sadly couldn't afford or are not old enough to buy a 20 year old game. Not gonna happen so you simply have to wait out the few minutes it takes to get in just like everyone else.

We are not going to differentiate between steamers and non steamers. Yes they didn't pay for the game like us but that doesn't mean we are better than them. Its the same with people that buy VIP here, they are not better than other regulars. The server is now non steam because it's necessary for its survival but it wont be if we are going to continue treating non steamers different to what we do steamers. It's time that you people get this into your heads and stop blaming every bad thing that happens on non steamers.

Most of them are young, inexperienced in life and are new to our servers. I was 12 when i first joined this community back when it was steam only. I broke rules on a daily bases at first, but i learned and i listened to what regulars taught me and here i am now an admin. Same thing is happening now, with new players joining every day. Educate them in stead of making fun of them and whining every time someone makes a mistake. Allow people to make mistakes because someone never learns before first making a few mistakes.
These users thanked the author Waschera for the post (total 6):
Queen's Revenge, Golanih, Po!Nt, Lawliet, Voropoulo, Papito
"If one man can create so much hate, imagine all the love we can create together!"

Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

Make it obligatory for everyone (CTs) to be in the restricted area on RFD. The point with this day has always been for Ts to try to break into the restricted area and kill all the CTs, both teams are required to work together to win and that's biggest part/purpose of the day imo. Nobody likes getting suddenly killed by a camping CT, and with CTs walking around the map not being in the area there's not much diversity between a freeday and a restricted freeday.
These users thanked the author Decency for the post:
NewtoN.
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

Decency wrote:Make it obligatory for everyone (CTs) to be in the restricted area on RFD. The point with this day has always been for Ts to try to break into the restricted area and kill all the CTs, both teams are required to work together to win and that's biggest part/purpose of the day imo. Nobody likes getting suddenly killed by a camping CT, and with CTs walking around the map not being in the area there's not much diversity between a freeday and a restricted freeday.
I dont like this idea, its not like the restricted area is the Destination for the ts. Not like ts have to take over the place. Imo this Day is Made for gun Action. It gives the possibility for ts to gear up before fighting the CTs but I dont feel like the CTs have to be in the area. I ve always been one of the CTs to not go to the restricted area. Its simply no fun to sit in one Spot and Wait till 15ts rush in.

You could make a seperate Day, the one stays restricted freeday and the other is like 'take over restricted area Day'.
Image Image
NewtoN.

Post by NewtoN. »

Waschera wrote:Most of them are young, inexperienced in life and are new to our servers. I was 12 when i first joined this community back when it was steam only. I broke rules on a daily bases at first, but i learned and i listened to what regulars taught me and here i am now an admin. Same thing is happening now, with new players joining every day. Educate them in stead of making fun of them and whining every time someone makes a mistake. Allow people to make mistakes because someone never learns before first making a few mistakes.
99% of them don't get integrated in the community so why even bother for 1%? and speaking of percentages 99% of the hackers are non steamers who can change their "STEAM ID" and rejoin after you ban them :facepalm:
Waschera wrote:Yes they didn't pay for the game like us but that doesn't mean we are better than them. Its the same with people that buy VIP here, they are not better than other regulars.
i think vips get a slight advantage because of free jetpacks, roll the dice, and heal. definitely vips are not better but they have that little edge over other players. it looks like you can get a small advantage... if you pay :whistle:
Waschera wrote:What would you think as a new player joining a new server and really like it there, but suddenly gets kicked just because some whiny Steamer couldn't wait a few minutes for a spot. I would personally not come back to that server as its clear its a hostile server who discriminates others who sadly couldn't afford or are not old enough to buy a 20 year old game. Not gonna happen so you simply have to wait out the few minutes it takes to get in just like everyone else.
it can go the other way around. if i wait too much to join the server i might go play somewhere else.
in the end its all about who you value the most, steamers on non steamers. and you cannot argue that steamers bring more quality to the server, the game is much more fun when there are only regulars playing.
what will happen if you limit non steamers access to the server? there will be less hackers and the gameplay quality will increase. players will have to moderate and report less.
but if this is all about politics and you don't wan't to discriminate between players that's cool with me, i made my point.
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Nonsteamers do tend to break rules more than steamers. They also cannot purchase VIP (though some of them might purchase CS over steam and later VIP). These are the reasons why they do not have some features such as being CT. Kicking them would be way too much, and would result in all of them leaving, never buying steam and finally, never donating. Additionally, Jailbreak would have significantly less players. Ask yourself, would you keep playing on a server which keeps kicking every few minutes?
NewtoN wrote:i think vips get a slight advantage because of free jetpacks, roll the dice, and heal. definitely vips are not better but they have that little edge over other players. it looks like you can get a small advantage... if you pay
VIPs receive some perks because they pay to the owner. I don't think he would give perks to somebody because they payed to somebody else.
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Donald Dump wrote:These are the reasons why they do not have some features such as being CT.
They can be CT, they need the same amount of hours as everyone else. Difference is though that some non-steam players have a changing ID, so they don't get the hours required on their account to be CT.
NewtoN.

Post by NewtoN. »

Donald Dump wrote:Nonsteamers do tend to break rules more than steamers. They also cannot purchase VIP (though some of them might purchase CS over steam and later VIP). These are the reasons why they do not have some features such as being CT. Kicking them would be way too much, and would result in all of them leaving, never buying steam and finally, never donating. Additionally, Jailbreak would have significantly less players. Ask yourself, would you keep playing on a server which keeps kicking every few minutes?
this is a raw idea of how the plug in should work, of course it can be improved if the admins are open for discussion.
Donald Dump wrote:VIPs receive some perks because they pay to the owner. I don't think he would give perks to somebody because they payed to somebody else.
so you agree that some of the players get an advantage in game. why not give perks to someone you know isn't a hacker? is it because he paid valve and not neondragon?
Waschera

Post by Waschera »

NewtoN. wrote:99% of them don't get integrated in the community so why even bother for 1%? and speaking of percentages 99% of the hackers are non steamers who can change their "STEAM ID" and rejoin after you ban them :facepalm:
We have plenty of decent regular steam plaers at the moment who were a non steamer when they first joined this community. We also have some regular non steamers who keeps coming back everyday day to play on our server. You cant keep putting everyone in the same booth and blaming every non steamers for the same things.
NewtoN. wrote:i think vips get a slight advantage because of free jetpacks, roll the dice, and heal. definitely vips are not better but they have that little edge over other players. it looks like you can get a small advantage... if you pay :whistle:

Obviously they need a few advantages or else no one would pay for VIP. However advantages is not the same as that they are better than other regulars. They actually has to follow even more rules than other people do and are always at a risk for lossing their VIP. They do not have permission to make decisions for the community or boss over other people.
NewtoN. wrote:it can go the other way around. if i wait too much to join the server i might go play somewhere else.
in the end its all about who you value the most, steamers on non steamers. and you cannot argue that steamers bring more quality to the server, the game is much more fun when there are only regulars playing.
what will happen if you limit non steamers access to the server? there will be less hackers and the gameplay quality will increase. players will have to moderate and report less.
but if this is all about politics and you don't wan't to discriminate between players that's cool with me, i made my point.
We value both non steamers and steamers, the ones who behave, just the same, as both of them is necessary for the survival of this community. Differentiating between them is not an option.
NewtoN. wrote:and you cannot argue that steamers bring more quality to the server, the game is much more fun when there are only regulars playing.
I bet you if i were to check chatlogs of every regular steamer the past few week, i would end up banning 70% of them. You people think you are so much better than everyone else, never breaking the rules and never harasses other people. Let me give you some insight from an admins perspective, someone who has to deal with all of you on a daily basis. Steamers are just as bad or even way worse than any non steamer has ever been. The toxicity and childish behavior many of you display on the servers even when there are moderators online is just sad. There is a reason to why most of our members leave due to being tired of moderating all of you. Nothing will change for the better if we make it steam only again. Not unless most of our current regulars actually takes a second to think about how they actually act when they play and make an effort to free this server of all the hostility it currently posses.
These users thanked the author Waschera for the post (total 2):
NewtoN., Voropoulo
"If one man can create so much hate, imagine all the love we can create together!"

Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

NewtoN wrote:this is a raw idea of how the plug in should work, of course it can be improved if the admins are open for discussion.
Your idea cannot anyhow be improved so that it stays similar but doesn't discriminate nonsteamers.
NewtoN. wrote:so you agree that some of the players get an advantage in game. why not give perks to someone you know isn't a hacker? is it because he paid valve and not neondragon?
Last sentence, yes. Hackers get banned eventually, there's no point in punishing all nonsteamers just because some of them use hacks.

Return to “JailBreak [Achievements]”