Reporting to get increased chance of acceptance?

Apple

Reporting to get increased chance of acceptance?

Post by Apple »

I don't know how admins look at reporting's importance to one's capability of being in the nD team. Reporting people who break the general rules apart from cheating is important, yes. But those kind of reports require sufficient proof which means they'll take longer to be composed and hence there would be less of those. About cheater reports, 90% of the cheaters are banevaders so I don't see the need for reporting them (I realized this later, I used to report a lot of cheaters and later just found out that it went pretty much useless lol). In case of a cheater playing, someone with the desire to become a member can just record a short demo of that guy and call a member or an admin to ban the cheater because reporting them would lead to them getting banned (most probably) at least 2-3 hours later. This is not meant for criticism towards those with perm ban tool. I'd rather see an applicant moderating general abuse of rules on jb than spectating for about half an hour just to increase their report count because at the end of the day its useless as most of the cheaters are banevaders. Whats more frustrating is that people giving their opinion on member applications point lack of reports as a con even though the person is good with moderation and has authority in the server. Also, this is meant for those who provide these kinds of responses to member applications and it would be better if an admin clears this up.

Summary: Reporting a shit ton of cheaters should not be seen as one's capability to become a member.
Dee Dee

Re: Reporting to get increased chance of acceptance?

Post by Dee Dee »

Reporting does not imply membership, that's sure. But members are supposed to:

1. Deal with rulebreakers
2. Report issues

Reports do help see how capable the person is to spot cheaters, to deal with harassers, rulebreaking in general. Besides, given they will have to make reports during their membership, I'd say it's more convenient to be familiar with all the system and protocol.

As I said, reporting alone is neither the key to membership nor the most crucial aspect, but I do think it's something that should be considered up to a certain point.
Apple

Post by Apple »

Dee Dee wrote:Reporting does not imply membership, that's sure. But members are supposed to:

1. Deal with rulebreakers
2. Report issues

Reports do help see how capable the person is to spot cheaters, to deal with harassers, rulebreaking in general. Besides, given they will have to make reports during their membership, I'd say it's more convenient to be familiar with all the system and protocol.

As I said, reporting alone is neither the key to membership nor the most crucial aspect, but I do think it's something that should be considered up to a certain point.
Yep, that's what I mean but so many people who reply on applications think reporting hackers is a must do for the applicant to gain support lol
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

I think...

Edit: I took my time to participate in this disussion, sry for my delay Nai *fallonmykneesandwatchsadly*
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is what i found:

Please read this before you make an application, thank you.

- We don't recruit people that are in another clan/team or community.
- We aren't looking for admins through applications. We only search members for our community.
- You need to be familiar with our community and know the admins and members here.
- You need to be trustable and be able to work in a team. We are not seeking people that take decisions on their own.
- You need to follow the rules and make other players follow the rules aswell. = moderating
- You need to have some common sense when it comes to giving punishments to players. That's why we only search for mature people.
- You need to be able to record a demo for when you come across cheaters. Without knowing how to record a demo you will not be accepted. Try to find help on our forums!
- You need to be able to make a screenshot in-game. Try to find help on our forums!
- If you are a member and you are abusing the ndmenu, then you will get kicked from the team and you will be permanently banned from the neonDragon servers.
- If you become a member and you have problems with some things, contact an admin or a member and he will try to help you with your problems.
- If it occurs that a server (where you are member at) will be shut down, then you can transfer to any team of your choise.
- You need to be patient until you get a yes or a no on your application, since we check applications carefully.
- When you become a member you should play most of the time on the server you applied for, but of course you can play on other nD servers aswell.
- We don't recruit people depending on their skill, we need people that are suitable to have some responsibility and be mature enough.
- You can't wear the nD tag if you made an application. Only if you get accepted you can wear the nD tag.
- You apply upon own responsibility and will most likely have to deal with /some/ negative feedback
- You apply upon your own responsibility, if you have vacation and such you /could/ count as inactive
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I do not read in any place pls report so we can see you are able to handle a (full) server by your own.
I only read he should be able to record a demo for a cheater and be able to make a SS which is meant in the way to backup it was the cheater if im not mistaken.
I also read he should have common sense, which he can show my moderating them ingame or with powers after several warnings with a !warn for different abuses. Even as a regular now the report should be the last instance what kind of punishment he would give away. Report = try to ban a player. Moderating = common sense.
I think a trial which a lot would deserve would be the best way to prove one has the quality to be a good member or not. Mostly all other replys are just a prejudge. On his trial he can also ask other members/admins for help if he is not sure it is as the last step banworthy or not.
Reporting cheaters okay good idea. Reporting others for different abusing is the last step after trying to moderate as good as possible. And even if he report one for maybe harassing/insulting as an example it depends also on the admin who watch his report. Some would decline it and others not. Thats my opinion, bcs we know some have a thicker skin than others.
Last edited by ZeRo#1 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

ZeRo#1 wrote:I think...

Edit: I will edit my post later.
Stop this stuff already.
Quit writing placeholders or whatever, goes to all, including members/admins. If you wanna post, do it when you're going to do it instead of making a post indicating you're going to do it.

On the topic; reporting shows you're capable of knowing what is and isn't strike worthy.
It's not the most important thing and you won't get accepted solely based on your report ability. But it's one of the several things we look at, when deciding whether or not you should be accepted as a member.
Someone who applies and does no reports, seem to not know when something is actually worth striking for and might be seen as too soft. However, if someone reports a lot but it's for the smallest reasons and they often get declined, it shows that that player might not be ready for member yet, as they are way too harsh and might punish players for the smallest reasons.

Same goes to cheater reports, we need to make sure you know what is and isn't cheating. Cheating specifically might not be as important on JB as it is on the other servers, but if you're being called to another server to take care of cheating, you need to know how to do it.
The difference though, is that we don't require members who doesn't play on JB to know the rules, but as a general member you need to be able to know what cheating is.

So reporting is important, but it's not a huge pro or con. It's more of an indicator of how you will be as a member in regards to what is and isn't strike worthy.
Bob Vegana

Post by Bob Vegana »

Reporting should be done only as the worst scenario case. Like when it's out of control.
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

In short, it's about quality and not quantity, reporting 10 cheaters a day while applying for jailbreak isn't really what we're looking for even though it can sometimes show how motivated an applicant is.

Knowing when and what to report is why the category is sometimes mentioned on applications as it shows your general sense of judgement.

Why nonstaff always puts it in their reply is mostly because of tradition I guess.
Nallez

Post by Nallez »

I find it annoying as fuck if people say it's a high con if you don't report, when in reality it doesn't really change nothing. When my trial as a member was accepted it was only due to 1 report that was successful, not cause of the other 100 cheater reports. When people force applicants reporting a lot it just is the first point of becoming a killjoy member.
These users thanked the author Nallez for the post:
Apple
KING SNEL

Post by KING SNEL »

didnt report shit, still got accepted. imo if you just moderate and keep it clean as a regular you got a bigger chance then those who only reports.
SiX

Post by SiX »

By reporting people you show the community what you deem punishable.
stickysteez

Post by stickysteez »

Someone told me once: if you want to become member you should allready act like you're one.
These users thanked the author stickysteez for the post:
Queen's Revenge
“Great men are not born great, they grow great . . .”
Romeo

Post by Romeo »

stickysteez wrote:Someone told me once: if you want to become member you should allready act like you're one.
1. Who u talking to?
2. People think your a moderator and you have powers (ingame)
3. I barely see admins accepting reports, we need more active admins
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

Banana | L.A.P.D wrote:
stickysteez wrote:Someone told me once: if you want to become member you should allready act like you're one.
1. Who u talking to?
1. obviously to everyone reading it.
2. if they think so, they might aswell play after rules. ( acting like a member doesnt mean that you treat people with a kick or ban btw. )
3. if admins barely accept reports, the reports are poor of proof? or do u want to say it takes too long until the reports get handled? cause thats not an issue. but u are too new here to know how some times where..
Image Image
Romeo

Post by Romeo »

kami (GER] wrote:
Banana | L.A.P.D wrote:
1. Who u talking to?
1. obviously to everyone reading it.
2. if they think so, they might aswell play after rules. ( acting like a member doesnt mean that you treat people with a kick or ban btw. )
3. if admins barely accept reports, the reports are poor of proof? or do u want to say it takes too long until the reports get handled? cause thats not an issue. but u are too new here to know how some times where..
1. OK
quote wrote: Pretending to be an Admin/Member and/or Regular
thats what I meant
3. I been here long enough to know most admins and their activity level, Nai and waschera are the most active admins and they are barely working in nD. Admins do indeed take forever to accept reports and thats what i wanted to say.
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

u are not even 1 year in nd. stop talking.
Image Image

Return to “Trash”