Jailbreak suggestions

Image | IP: jb.neonDragon.net:27015 | Jailbreak Stats & Achievements | Steam Group: neonDragonJailbreak

Moderators: Xalus, J4ck

Decency
VIP

Re: Jailbreak suggestions

Post by Decency »

Most people are usually not home on Friday evenings, Sundays fit better as it's always full between 18 and 23~

I think it's up to the moderation team to arrange this though, and not just the double cash(which is a decent idea) but also as a traditional happy hour with above average commanding. I plan to host another happy hour soon but if we do it every week it won't be very special and something to look forward to as much.
These users thanked the author Decency for the post:
doeda
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Shadow Blade =) wrote:1. The Game It basically it chooses a random play to be the it and they have to slash to catch them but they join the it team and its 100 nDs Per a Catch and the other team such as the runners have to stay alive till 0:00 for the it team to die
Would be better if 1 person was randomly "it" then they had to slash someone else to transfer it (not joining a team, only one person is ever 'it'). They would get a set time to slash someone, if they failed they would die, if they succeed that person gets a time until there are either none left or a timer expires (~5-6 minutes).

Historically I've been opposed to adding more /LRs that can already be played right now without adding any more plugins (e.g. ball toss, smoke throw, long jump, etc.) but now I think more about it, by adding them to the /LR menu it 1) makes things far more easier to do (you don't have to explain rules, explain why you're not doing a standard LR, get equipment - he/guns) 2) makes games 'official' and prevents CTs from declining the game and 3) it can be added to the LR stats/achievements.

I do still think it's a very bad idea to add more plugins for games that will be executed by a commander, if they can already be played without a plugin. I've noticed that every time a plugin has been added to make things easier, it tends to bring down the quality. A quick couple of examples are the /HnS command, while good, no CTs ever announce or explain the day any more which for a social game I think is a real shame. The other example is the !warn plugin, I wrote this to make things easier for members so that they didn't have to keep repeating the same things over and over again, that it was clearly visible to the person being warned etc, however it seems to have also had the affect that members just rarely actually speak to people they're moderating.

My thoughts on the rest of the suggestions
Daily Rewards
1. Items + more cash rewards
Items is pretty ambiguous so it really depends here. As for more cash rewards it is absolutely not needed and will only cause inflation, meaning gun prices and such will have to be raised and cash will have less value.
Funday ideas
1. Soul Reaper: Reaper hunts for T's to turn into minions who'll help him infect others. Goal is to catch all before 0:00 or they die.
Doesn't sound very fun for the Ts who have to hide.
2. Cash for CT's: give CT's cash for killing T's on HNS
Giving cash to CTs for killing Ts has been suggested many times and usually it's shot down with "this will encourage frag whoring", obviously in a normal HnS this isn't an issue but what if somebody were to use /HnS after a cage day has started, in order to gain extra cash.
3. Buy Fundays: sell fundays in jbshop, 2 per map
Some people could abuse this to mess up other people's achievements (e.g. If somebody you dislike is close to getting a survival achievement, pick a difficult funday to survive), this could be resolved by adding exceptions to plugins, but there are a lot of places it would need to be added. Another issue is that right now as we all know fundays are triggered by people typing in /funday in chat, this process ensures that the majority of the server are in favour of starting a funday, buying fundays will by-pass this and degrade the player experience.
4. Explosive: T's turns into a bomb they can explode pressing E. They have increased speed and has to catch CT's within 4:30 while CT's have lowered gravity.
Decent idea but what if CTs use their lower gravity to get to places the Ts cannot reach?
Gamble System
1. Higher or Lower: card game, you have a card and guess if it's higher or lower than the system's card.
2. Change gamble minimum to to 300nD's
Pretty indifferent to these two. Minimum gamble did used to be $300 before, no good reason not to have it back there again but also it makes very little difference. Only issue I can see with the card game is the time it would take to code it (including all the code for logging) and it's 1 more system/place admins have to look at when things go wrong.
JBshop
1. More items, such as autosniper
2. CT skin
3. Godmode
Somebody else already posted why these are bad ideas.
LR ideas
1. Longjump (shows the distance)
2. Smoke grenade toss
3. Scout (s4s)
5. Opposite Word: type the opposite meaning of the word
6. Increase the lenght and difficulty of typing contest, perhaps add sentences
7. Remove short math equations due to quick typers
I refer to my second paragraph, all of these are good except for 6 + 7. Although, adding sentences might be nice for the typing contest, but these sentences would have to be taken from somewhere (currently the typing contest gets words on-the-fly from an online dictionary)
Server
1. Christmas: add snow and music
Snow, if even possible to add as described would surely cause FPS loss for those players with a poor PC. Music on jailbreak while people are trying to command?
2. Double Cash/Points: add double cash/points for 1 hour randomly chosen
Easily do-able but is it needed? The server seems to be doing fine right now so doesn't really need gimmicks like this to retain players. Also, inflation.
3. 10 or less players: lower prices
Sounds like a good idea, but how boring is it when you have <10 players on all being chill then there's just 1 guy who wants to rebel on the 1-2 CTs every round. I wouldn't want to encourage this behaviour.
4. Every 20 min, one random gets 10k
inflation
doeda
VIP

Post by doeda »

Konijn wrote:Citaat:

Giving cash to CTs for killing Ts has been suggested many times and usually it's shot down with "this will encourage frag whoring", obviously in a normal HnS this isn't an issue but what if somebody were to use /HnS after a cage day has started, in order to gain extra cash.
Then he should be moderated for abuse & ct banned.
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Every idea from this post and before, has been taken in.

They will be looked at and thought about how to work and if they fit the server.
I will update the opening post with all ideas, so please read the opening post before suggesting an idea, to avoid duplicates.

Please look at first post before posting more ideas, saw a duplicate and a bug report here. It's not a lot, but I don't want it to happen often, as it'll make it more difficult to update the list.
Romeo

Post by Romeo »

Could a santa skin be added to VIP menu, instead of having one boring skin. /Santa from last year was a great idea but thats my idea for this christmas.

Thanks for reading,
Banana | L.A.P.D
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

L.A.P.D wrote:Could a santa skin be added to VIP menu, instead of having one boring skin. /Santa from last year was a great idea but thats my idea for this christmas.

Thanks for reading,
Banana | L.A.P.D
I'll ask Pukata/Regit to add this back to the server (perhaps won't be done now as Christmas is still a few weeks away though!).
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Konijn wrote:
Shadow Blade =) wrote:1. The Game It basically it chooses a random play to be the it and they have to slash to catch them but they join the it team and its 100 nDs Per a Catch and the other team such as the runners have to stay alive till 0:00 for the it team to die
Would be better if 1 person was randomly "it" then they had to slash someone else to transfer it (not joining a team, only one person is ever 'it'). They would get a set time to slash someone, if they failed they would die, if they succeed that person gets a time until there are either none left or a timer expires (~5-6 minutes).

Historically I've been opposed to adding more /LRs that can already be played right now without adding any more plugins (e.g. ball toss, smoke throw, long jump, etc.) but now I think more about it, by adding them to the /LR menu it 1) makes things far more easier to do (you don't have to explain rules, explain why you're not doing a standard LR, get equipment - he/guns) 2) makes games 'official' and prevents CTs from declining the game and 3) it can be added to the LR stats/achievements.

I do still think it's a very bad idea to add more plugins for games that will be executed by a commander, if they can already be played without a plugin. I've noticed that every time a plugin has been added to make things easier, it tends to bring down the quality. A quick couple of examples are the /HnS command, while good, no CTs ever announce or explain the day any more which for a social game I think is a real shame. The other example is the !warn plugin, I wrote this to make things easier for members so that they didn't have to keep repeating the same things over and over again, that it was clearly visible to the person being warned etc, however it seems to have also had the affect that members just rarely actually speak to people they're moderating.

My thoughts on the rest of the suggestions
Daily Rewards
1. Items + more cash rewards
Items is pretty ambiguous so it really depends here. As for more cash rewards it is absolutely not needed and will only cause inflation, meaning gun prices and such will have to be raised and cash will have less value.
Funday ideas
1. Soul Reaper: Reaper hunts for T's to turn into minions who'll help him infect others. Goal is to catch all before 0:00 or they die.
Doesn't sound very fun for the Ts who have to hide.
3. Buy Fundays: sell fundays in jbshop, 2 per map
Some people could abuse this to mess up other people's achievements (e.g. If somebody you dislike is close to getting a survival achievement, pick a difficult funday to survive), this could be resolved by adding exceptions to plugins, but there are a lot of places it would need to be added. Another issue is that right now as we all know fundays are triggered by people typing in /funday in chat, this process ensures that the majority of the server are in favour of starting a funday, buying fundays will by-pass this and degrade the player experience.
4. Explosive: T's turns into a bomb they can explode pressing E. They have increased speed and has to catch CT's within 4:30 while CT's have lowered gravity.
Decent idea but what if CTs use their lower gravity to get to places the Ts cannot reach?
Gamble System
1. Higher or Lower: card game, you have a card and guess if it's higher or lower than the system's card.
2. Change gamble minimum to to 300nD's
Pretty indifferent to these two. Minimum gamble did used to be $300 before, no good reason not to have it back there again but also it makes very little difference. Only issue I can see with the card game is the time it would take to code it (including all the code for logging) and it's 1 more system/place admins have to look at when things go wrong.
JBshop
1. More items, such as autosniper
2. CT skin
3. Godmode
Somebody else already posted why these are bad ideas.
LR ideas
2. Smoke grenade toss
3. Scout (s4s)
I refer to my second paragraph, all of these are good except for 6 + 7. Although, adding sentences might be nice for the typing contest, but these sentences would have to be taken from somewhere (currently the typing contest gets words on-the-fly from an online dictionary)
Server
1. Christmas: add snow and music
Snow, if even possible to add as described would surely cause FPS loss for those players with a poor PC. Music on jailbreak while people are trying to command?
2. Double Cash/Points: add double cash/points for 1 hour randomly chosen
Easily do-able but is it needed? The server seems to be doing fine right now so doesn't really need gimmicks like this to retain players. Also, inflation.
3. 10 or less players: lower prices
Sounds like a good idea, but how boring is it when you have <10 players on all being chill then there's just 1 guy who wants to rebel on the 1-2 CTs every round. I wouldn't want to encourage this behaviour.
4. Every 20 min, one random gets 10k
inflation
About the math thingy...i can't agree with you on that.
If a guy gets /lr he picks often things in what he is going to succeed..so do i or others if we choose math...but if an equation comes up like 1*7 it is going more the way who types faster and not who "really calculate" better.
Just as an example guys choose gtoss to succeed bcs they know they are good in it and mostly many of those guys pick me bcs they know i suck in gtoss (nothin bad at it if i loose).
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
Bob Vegana

Post by Bob Vegana »

Automatic AFK Kicker?
Why should this be implemented?

1. I've seen a plenty of players lately AFKING their hours during nights, when the server is empty, just to reach those 20 hours and become CT's. Then they end up massively breaking the rules, as they had not gained any knowledge about the gameplay at all during the 20 hours they collected.
2. When server is full without anyone to moderate, lot's of AFK's are blocking the server spot for many passionate players trying to join in. Whenver it's the server or a CT team. It should work against members and admins as well, since they have the immunity of kicks (maybe?). They could have forgotten to close their CS befoe going off.

AFK Kicker's time limit should be set for few minutes. Long enough to not disturb t's hiding in HNS. They tend to go AFK after occupying a hiding spot, and the round could go on for quite some time, so I'm guessing 5/6 minutes would be good.
austria_wien

Post by austria_wien »

maybe try it so, that CTs get cash, when they knifekill Ts. :D :dance:
OnServer: DrunkeN[aT]
My girlfriend said, don't gamble. I thought ffs ofc i will gamble. Then my parents said don't gamble. Now I am clean since 02/12/2014.
Playboy

Post by Playboy »

austria_wien wrote:

Triggerhappy cts who will knifekill afk Ts, fragwhoring is-rael.

dArra;]

Post by dArra;] »

Only days where CTs could earn cash is fundays, but I don't think its needed.

CT team should continue for trying to command fun and successful days, not trying to get rich by commanding lame and boring days.

"No one dies a virgin, life fucks us all"
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

dArra;] wrote:Only days where CTs could earn cash is fundays, but I don't think its needed.

CT team should continue for trying to command fun and successful days, not trying to get rich by commanding lame and boring days.
Plus they get an amount of cash depending on the number of Ts for surviving until /LR anyway.
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Konijn wrote:
LR ideas
2. Smoke grenade toss
3. Scout (s4s)
Is the sixth impossible because it'd be too hard to generate sentences or something else? I'm still waiting for a response.
austria_wien

Post by austria_wien »

Faptain Playboy~ wrote:
austria_wien wrote:

Triggerhappy cts who will knifekill afk Ts, fragwhoring is-rael.
yep, but otherwise no chance to give moneys to CT. maybe they fake AFK? :D
tbh as a CT you earn enough, as they said on FD and on reaching /lr. furthermore you cannot lose ya money to the jbshop.
My girlfriend said, don't gamble. I thought ffs ofc i will gamble. Then my parents said don't gamble. Now I am clean since 02/12/2014.
austria_wien

Post by austria_wien »

Donald Dump wrote:
Konijn wrote:
LR ideas
2. Smoke grenade toss
3. Scout (s4s)
Is the sixth impossible because it'd be too hard to generate sentences or something else? I'm still waiting for a response.
he responded alrdy. he takes the words from a onlince dict. the lenght and difficulty is good enough. no time for a change.

Return to “JailBreak [Achievements]”