View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:09 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

#31 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
такие предсказуемые шаги ... Я не могу сказать, что это плохо, это может быть, наоборот, это самые прагматичные решения, которые когда-либо могут быть приняты. Но это не было неожиданностью, я бы сказал, что эта встреча не принесла никаких новостей. Это только официально подтвердила все тенденции, которые существовали раньше.

STEAM_0:0:51774830

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:55 pm

#32 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
KaitoKid wrote:
такие предсказуемые шаги ... Я не могу сказать, что это плохо, это может быть, наоборот, это самые прагматичные решения, которые когда-либо могут быть приняты. Но это не было неожиданностью, я бы сказал, что эта встреча не принесла никаких новостей. Это только официально подтвердила все тенденции, которые существовали раньше.
Want me to change your name to Raven(2)? Stop taking the piss out of him mate.

And stay on topic please! Ta.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:08 am

#33 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
I just removed both of your posts. Continue and you'll get forum banned. Simple as. Is it that hard to just be nice to each other? At least you can pretend lol. And if not, then just jump over to ignore-mode!!

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:12 am

#34 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
Lien~ wrote:
I understand where you are coming from, as that was also brought up (if not one of the biggest points mentioned) within the meeting. However, I and some other admins with me found it to not be of such significance that it would hold back a potential promotion.

Not be of such significance? Using the mic is the best tool to moderation. Hence it being a promotion from Jail, the significancy of it should not even be discussed. You are very well aware about it. Ofc moderation can be done with the lesser effective method by typing, which can get flooded in the chat and not even seen by the person being moderated. Even if it isn't flooded, not everyone pays attention to the chat. Not even gonna mention the commanding part. Even with his newly given powers, how do you see them being used on the server (creativity in games, races, etc)? Assuming you expect someone else, a commander (member in most cases) asking to "lend" his powers for a few rounds or sth just to bring more creativity to the server since he won't be able to. Really no clue why he wouldn't use his mic, he clearly has one, being on TS most of the time? If Kalle reads this, it's nothing personal just a normal question.

Lien~ wrote:
I might speak from a biased mind, but this is how I see it: Kalle has (aside not using his mic) done everything in his power to show what he is made of and capable of doing both on the forums as well as ingame.

In-game idk, but on the forum? Clearly shown motivation, since the last month. Just had his permban tool here and a month later another promotion to admin. Must've been a rough month, shifting through those unban requests, one reviewing and coming to a conclusion (acting like an admin already, not realising he's still just a member.) <-- In that case I can myself browse through bunch of ban/unban requests, spam in my personal thoughts if it's cheat, harassment, advertising or whatever in order to get that Forum Mod, but that would just be silly right? Two literally misinterpreting what playboy said is the first thing he does and then he writes down why he's disappointed lol. This is being dragged on and don't give me that "you can see they're trying to solve this, making Playboy understand why he got reported and striked" shit, he had no business there to begin with. That did not clear the situation at all, just started a needless discussion. If you wish to be a councelor, this is not the place. Steam chat with him.

And just every time there's a smaller discussion or question like "what is the capital of Germany," he makes these long awkward tryhard replies with a wall of text, for example: "It's Berlin since 1237 and has been divided in two sides during WW2. I don't think that name is so good. There are plenty other suggestions like Ananas or Sandwicherston. I'm not saying it's a bad name, it could just have been better." Ok, cannot rly come up with more shit. My point is, there is no need for unnecessarily long replies containing opinions/suggestions or unrelated shit of some kind. It's just hard to grasp how this hasn't been noticed.

Lien~ wrote:
Anyhow, going back to this promotion. I can't say much as to what has exactly been discussed but I can say that it wasn't just a simple point we went over. We actually discussed, argued and deliberated for hours and eventually came to the conclusion that it wouldn't hurt to promote him (not unanimous I must include). Yes, he doesn't use his mic. But no, this does not and should not weigh in so heavily that it just wipes out all the good he does. While I respect your opinion, I'm asking you to give it time and let him prove that he can do this (just like I, and others had to do).

The only major impact of this promotion will be the report handling. Can't see how any in-game issues will be solved with this promotion, nor any addition to creativity without any decent commanders around for that matter. Enlighten me more if you wish.

I respect your honesty, but was this promotion really necessary? Reports can be handled by Forum Mods as well as far as i'm concerned, that position would be more suitable imo.

Good night.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:35 am

#35 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
KaitoKid wrote:

English translation for my comrades that don't speak the russki too well.
"such predictable steps ... I can not say that it is bad, it may be, on the contrary, this is the most pragmatic solutions that can ever be taken. But it was not a surprise, I would say that this meeting did not bring any news. This is only officially confirmed all the trends that existed before."

User hereby warned for this post.
who the F warned me for translating something written in non-english to english so that others can understand what it says?

nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow

Last edited by Mystic on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:35 am

#36 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
Lien~ wrote:
I just removed both of your posts. Continue and you'll get forum banned. Simple as. Is it that hard to just be nice to each other? At least you can pretend lol. And if not, then just jump over to ignore-mode!!

tbh I'm even flattered. So much attention to my person from regulars.. Don't know why they follow me everywhere, but if it continues, soon they will become to my fans.

@bumble
I know that it's hard to see to you that player which 3-4 years ago even wouldn't be promoted to forum moder now gets admin position. But times have changed, and now he is best and maybe only candidate from all current members. It's not joke. Btw, he isn't admin in full sense of this word. Further It will be just my opinion, but anyway.

There is two types of admins on nd: the ones which really code servers, solve different issues and participate in the general development of community and the second type: admins, which just close reports, visit admin meetings and handle unban requests. Kalle was promoted, as I guess, to second-type admin. In my view he is more than able to do such kind of work, no matter does he use mic or does he like to write columns of unnecessary text.

Current nD admin team totally needed in such type of admins, especially when waschera had left. If you didn't notice, there always was some guy which did this job, was it satan, m.a. Btw, I have noticed that early among admins there was existing mutual responcibility. It means that one month all reports handle one admin, next month - another and etc. But now they stopped to use this, and admin team now is trying shoulder all the work to the same people.

For me it's more than conveniently. They take someone more-less adequate from members, call him 'admin', give green name on forums and say 'do this work, we believe in you'. In general, even you or me can become to this type of admin, it's not hard at all. You need just to show that you totally follow rules, can contact with people and can solve different issues.

But the most funny thing is that nobody of current members have this characteristics. All of they (including me) can't be learders or have some problems with communicating (like me) or just aren't interested in forum life.

All is understandable and predictable, so I really wonder why you arguing on such simple thing here.

Last edited by Яaven on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:42 am

#37 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
Raven wrote:
Lien~ wrote:

tbh I'm even flattered. So much attention to my person from regulars.. Don't know why they follow me everywhere, but if it continues, soon they will become to my fans.

If you don't have anything to say, stay quiet and don't provoke your so called "fans". You're a member and should know this.

But now you're brains fried
You don't even act like you the same guy
Yo mama told you that drugs are bad
But you ain't listen till the fire burned yo ass now you understand

Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:07 am

#38 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
Nallez wrote:
Raven wrote:
Lien~ wrote:

If you don't have anything to say, stay quiet and don't provoke your so called "fans". You're a member and should know this.

dude, don't start. when you wrote this, I already was editing my post to add here my position about promotions. So now you break rules about which lien has told.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:20 am

#39 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
Raven wrote:
Nallez wrote:
Raven wrote:
Lien~ wrote:

dude, don't start. when you wrote this, I already was editing my post to add here my position about promotions. So now you break rules about which lien has told.

Shouldn't have been a dumbass then, someone was gonna see how immature you were, and it happened to be me

But now you're brains fried
You don't even act like you the same guy
Yo mama told you that drugs are bad
But you ain't listen till the fire burned yo ass now you understand

Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:27 am

#40 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
Kalle's promotion does come as a surprise to me but i don't think it really is that bad to start with, i do agree with Beast on a lot of points but i'd rather take Mystic's opinion on this saying that only time will tell us if it was a good decision or not.

The reason for this comes from the fact admins are quite tired nowadays or lack time to do their duties so fresh blood will mean faster work on the forum side and that is really all i expect out of this. I don't know if he will be fair, you mentioned a lot of things that i never paid attention to. I didn't agree with him on some stuff he did ingame and he really needs to listen to people more imo but that's really all i can blame him for.

Concerning the impact of his promotion ingame, it won't really be noticed but one funday here and there once in a while isn't too bad of a thing. Yes, i do not expect him to change the whole jailbreak experience thanks to his innovative commanding.

This promotion brings more upsides than downsides so i'm fine with it and again, let just see how it turns out. I'm just scared that if he does a shit job he keeps his spot.

@doeda: I don't mind washera returning to the team the way he did as long as he does his job just fine.

To sum up things, i don't know if i'm thinking the right way but for me, we need to cut the bullshit and to give people who crave for more work a chance to do it. On the other hand, we need to keep an eye on them.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:36 am

#41 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
Waschera back, didn't took him long lolz. Probly missed me i guess.

@New admin, i didn't even had to look to the topic to know it was Kalle. Didn't surprise me at all.. I doubt it is bad but we will see what he adds to the admin team.

@Flath, i'm happy you are back in the team.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:44 am
nD*** Jail Member

#42 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
Lien~ wrote:
If any of you want some more info as to why we've come the the above mentioned conclusions, you are free to contact me or any other admin on steam.

Sorry Lien but this one let me laugh hard...don't feel offended pls if i mentioned that, but come on you are definitely not reachable for like 50% of all regulars . Many made a friends request on steam to have a talk to you for differenet questions or anything like that but you just simply ignored the most requests (that happend like most of the times per simple forum PM too), even if they came from old regulars + member. I can live with it that you didn't accepted me, no worries, but to act like "hey im there for you plebs" let it look bad if it aint be true.
I'm pretty sure the answer will be you can't add more on steam ;)

PS: dont feel i have anything against you, that aint be true...i just share my opinion when i feel i can do it.

Spoiler: show

Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:07 am
Friend of the Community

#43 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
SneL #PiPi wrote:
i rlyrlyrlyrly thought it was gonna be this time.. but no!! anyways grats all and wb waschera!!

What did you think was gonna happen this time?

As for Waschera's sudden return I did bring it up in the meeting but there are just too many pros with Waschera becoming admin again and he had his reasons justified (I cannot disclose those, they sounded quite private) for leaving and coming back.

Admin is quite a revered status to reach on nD, so in most cases it should be a free pass of trust in the future in majority of cases.

Which is why I personally found Kalle's promotion risible and was strongly against his promotion. Now as a friend he's prolly one of my favourites on nD but as an admin promotion... quite questionable.

Now Kalle will probably do a good job, but it's besides the point he had way too many cons for me to even slightly agree to promote him now, some may say it's outdated but I still see signs of these. Proving to be adapt is different than being adaptable, Kalle was imo heavily leaning towards the latter.

He lacks PR skills, and with this I can specify it down to lack of confrontation, an admin should be able to tackle issues head on and be the center of fixing it, defusing issues between people.

He doesn't have a lot of presence/doesn't stand out in-game, the admins who voted yes said this improved recently but if it didn't at least thrice I fail to see based on his personality how this improved so dramatically.

He was a jail member but yet had no mic and got promoted, this is unprecedented and I really think the admins who voted yes denigrated and downplayed the significance of this, it's as Beast says when it comes to moderation and even more so when it comes to being a jail representative, meaning showing how to command and being that embodiment of what jail members should strive to be.

Yes, he started proving himself but this process has been going on for a month or two - it doesn't define his character overall but it defines his character within a very short amount of time.

The decision making of the admin team with this one really bothered me, nonetheless the intentions were good but I really felt like I had to vent out my own opinion on the matter because I see where the negative comments are coming from and I feel like I could represent them a bit differently.

I wish Kalle the best and good luck with his admin position, gz to everyone.

- Benjamin Franklin

Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:18 am
nD*** Jail Member

#44 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
Why discuss about Waschera back as admin?

All should know nD need him and he deserve the spot without applying for it again...that goes for many other admins too = Ko9, Shadi, Laprot and more...without them nD wouldn't be that what it is right now..so stop being jeallous all !!!

The Nai admin part scares me too and i need to totally agree with BumbleBeast. I think he been a lot of times to much biased and used to much words to explain his thoughts what confused many times. And it didn't looked sometimes that it been his thoughts, more i took the feeling he made posts which back members,admins thingys up.
Nai you know i also have nothin against you and hope you'll do a good job as admin...it was just a bit too fast for me how easy you earned this position and im not sure but there were some other older members who deserved that spot maybe too.

Spoiler: show

Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:31 am

#45 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 11-10-2016 *NEW ADMINS*
I understand everyones concerns and doubts and I won't go into defending certain points I disagree with, because it won't make a difference to the points I have to work on.

Although I don't personally think mic is such a big issue, it doesn't mean the rest of neonDragon doesn't and a huge part of being an admin is to represent the community well.
It's one of the things I struggle with and I will work on this matter to overcome this irrational fear of talking on the mic on JB.
It's a confidence issue and it doesn't make sense since I'm perfectly fine expressing my opinions publicly, let alone talk on TS to no end.

What my personal main focus as admin, will be to express the public's opinions and suggestions to the admins and try to bring more communication between the admins and the rest of the community.
Aswell as bring more firsthand in-game experience to the meetings.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:00 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next